[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Yeah, I also don't think Dijun is the emperor, cause basically he had given up on this position before even Bai Qian was born, I believe. It's just that here he fights creatures that we didn't see or hear about in TMOPB.

@Nat_93, it should be even earlier that TMOPB because Dijun supposedly saved her 2000 years before Bai Qian and Ye Hua's wedding.

• Like 1

I've watched ep 1-3, my first impression:

1. they've done a pretty good job with the story flow. I think it's for the audience who havent read the novel, will still be able to understand. I don't mind, since the novel doesnt really elaborate the time FJ as maid or the detail of how DH saves FJ.

2. I love the color tone!!!! So beautiful!!

3. As for the characters:

DH - Vengo Gao's acting is on point. I cannot imagine anyone else playing DH. His facial expressions or should I say his almost-non-existence facial expressions are exactly how I imagined DH would be. The way he tricks other without looking/seemingly scheming is fantastic! It is his specialty. :D    

FJ - wow!! Dilraba is excellent!!! She captures adolescence FJ perfectly.

While the rest of the cast, they are all perfect. Even Yan Chiwu.

Spoiler

Cannot wait to see how they really meet for the first time, or should I say how DH really sees FJ for the first time

• Like 7

Yeah they're going with chronological order. I'm still at episode 5, my god Feng jiu is so cute :heart: But Ji heng is looking really old :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

I took a peek at eps 8 and it end with Di Jun sleeping and Zhong lin arranged his shadow to be put at Vanyin valley and Feng jiu is already back at Qingqiu.

There is also small changes they made but I think its doesn't affect the plot much so its okay for now.

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2

watch only 2 eps since i dont have vip as of yet

it's quite cheap, but unfortunately need to google play at 7 e to purchase vip since i am not giving out my card number online

hahaha

seriously the story is so adorable and so cute

and everyone is on point

17 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

But Ji heng is looking really old 

agree with this

then again we've all talk about that since long time ago

have to live with it as of now

sighs

anyway

i never thought donghua's sweet and sour fish can be so scary, the book didnt do justice in describing the horror of the fish

poor siming

:joy:

also i am liking how they portrayed zheyan in this series

he is more colourful (at least he has colour on him now, pink looks nice on baron)

:P

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

35 minutes ago, springfiry said:

Ugh, for singaporean based fans, I bought the vip on WeTV and it appears that the show is restricted.  Sigh. Any other way I can watch it?

Maybe try using VPN? 

1 hour ago, Nat_93 said:

Hi! I’m a little lost in the chronological time here, does Bai Qian is missing around this time? Dijun is still the Emperor? No Moyan or YeHua in this world?

Hi, since they're going with chronological order here the first time Dong hua save Feng jiu is before Bai qian and Yehua/TMOPB. Dong hua is asleep the whole time in TMOPB (Just forget DongFeng story in that drama). 

I think they wont show Mo yuan or Yehua here, only Yangmi/Bai qian is confirmed for Cameo

13 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Don't no why wetv is not accepting my card:( 

Guys about the card information do we in address column do we need to fill the address which we filled while making the card or it can be any place where we are living?

Though i never used my card on wetv but what iknow all the information of the card should be filled in the column which i think the adress that you filled while making the card

Hope someone with experience answer you

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yeah they're going with chronological order. I'm still at episode 5, my god Feng jiu is so cute :heart: But Ji heng is looking really old :sweatingbullets:

Reveal hidden contents

I took a peek at eps 8 and it end with Di Jun sleeping and Zhong lin arranged his shadow to be put at Vanyin valley and Feng jiu is already back at Qingqiu.

There is also small changes they made but I think its doesn't affect the plot much so its okay for now.

Spoiler

I'm glad they don't drag out the part where FJ was in Tai Chen Palace. I want to see the scene where DH sees/meets FJ properly for the first time. I'm not a VIP so I'm still at ep. 2.

The scenes with the sweet and sour fish are so hilarious. I didn't know DH's cooking can be so scary :joy:. I love how Siming are all sweating and shaking just by the prospect of eating DH's cooking again :joy:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Shane Tricia Facultad said:

Ok... All the eng subs just suddenly disappeared.... Anyone else having issues like this? I'm still on ep 3 cuz work.

WeTV app is sometimes like that, just close and restart the app, or try different video quality. Sometimes if your connection is low it will also become like that.

Aready finished all 8 eps, now I need to sleep :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

They're making Nie chu yin more important by helping Miao lou, cant wait to see whats his next move and why he decided to help Ji heng

@INeedAFan

Yup, I FF all her scenes too, thx god for the 1,5x speed :P

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ

7 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

Yeah, I also don't think Dijun is the emperor, cause basically he had given up on this position before even Bai Qian was born, I believe. It's just that here he fights creatures that we didn't see or hear about in TMOPB.

@Nat_93, it should be even earlier that TMOPB because Dijun supposedly saved her 2000 years before Bai Qian and Ye Hua's wedding.

But didn’t Bai Feiju borns when Bai Qian had already grown up?

Sorry is not that I want to see the TMOPB story in Pillow Book, is just that I got confused with the timeline and where to place things in my head.

7 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Reveal hidden contents

Agree with your comments, I did the same thing you did as it's hard to cover that much ground in one night. But I think I wouldn't have had as much insights as to what is going on w/out the privilege of their thoughts, which thankfully was in the book. 

@Nat_93  Fengjiu was born when Bai Qian was in Kun Lun, (timeline) after BQ was 20,000 years old if I recall correctly. People still refer to him as Dong Hua DIjun (an honorific title I believe for his previous accomplishments) but he does not play an active role as the current emperor (DH is retired). DH's role, despite being retired is to ensure that the 8 realms maintain intact/peaceful - so anytime anyone threatens to disrupt it, he will intervene.

Anyway in this story, there isn't that much focus on what happens in the Emperor's court (the heavens) as compared to TMOPB. In the book, it begins with BQ and YH's wedding. But for the sake of viewers who have not read the book, they are going by FJ's age. So, we see her now a young vixen and getting saved by DH, and thus trying to repay him. In TMOPB, this is the equivalent to the scene in the forest where he first saves her and she goes into the palace to become a maid. I think it's better that you don't compare both stories as TMOPB (the original novel) didn't have any details on what went on between FJ and DH (it was put in by the script writer). Thus, you may feel somewhat confused, if you compare.

Am rushing back to my hubby's hometown for CNY shortly, to beat the traffic. :P

To all forum soompiers celebrating CNY, a very Happy and Prosperous CNY to all of you:blush::P:blush:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

20 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Agree with your comments, I did the same thing you did as it's hard to cover that much ground in one night. But I think I wouldn't have had as much insights as to what is going on w/out the privilege of their thoughts, which thankfully was in the book. 

@Nat_93  Fengjiu was born when Bai Qian was in Kun Lun, (timeline) after BQ was 20,000 years old if I recall correctly. People still refer to him as Dong Hua DIjun (an honorific title I believe for his previous accomplishments) but he does not play an active role as the current emperor (DH is retired). DH's role, despite being retired is to ensure that the 8 realms maintain intact/peaceful - so anytime anyone threatens to disrupt it, he will intervene.

Anyway in this story, there isn't that much focus on what happens in the Emperor's court (the heavens) as compared to TMOPB. In the book, it begins with BQ and YH's wedding. But for the sake of viewers who have not read the book, they are going by FJ's age. So, we see her now a young vixen and getting saved by DH, and thus trying to repay him. In TMOPB, this is the equivalent to the scene in the forest where he first saves her and she goes into the palace to become a maid. I think it's better that you don't compare both stories as TMOPB (the original novel) didn't have any details on what went on between FJ and DH (it was put in by the script writer). Thus, you may feel somewhat confused, if you compare.

Am rushing back to my hubby's hometown for CNY shortly, to beat the traffic. :P

To all forum soompiers celebrating CNY, a very Happy and Prosperous CNY to all of you:blush::P:blush:

Yes, that’s what I thought. But It doesn’t explain why everything is so different in demon helm and why some characters seem young.  Looks like it is before TMOPB, not after, thus, Bai Qian and YeHua wedding. Anyways, I give up and will just watch ignoring the timeline. Thank you all for the patience :blush:

Expectations expectations :flushed:  

*   If i did not devour TMOPB for the past 3 years and started watching ELOD maybe i would not be nit picking LOL.... BUT

in 10M  Tai Chen  Palace was impressive , i mean big and heavenly, and therefore we automatically knew that Dong Hua Emperor was a phenomenal entity ,almost a combination of Sun and the Moon and few other planets thrown in ..this Deity just based on his residence i could see  his immeasurable power  ==== in ELoD i see two story house painted in white ( ok a bit of exaggeration here but ..) 

*    After watching 8 episodes all  " i can remember"    is Dong Hua petting the little red fox, and petting the little red fox, and feeding the little red for...and fish that nobody wanted to eat except his little fox.  

*  Maybe my episodes did not have full or proper translation, but what i understood reading about this drama , it was supposed to be independent of TMOPB, but i did not hear properly or understood when Lillith threw all those red stones , who was she and how is she really his equal in strength and co creation ...he barely managed to seal her ...and he passed out only after few episodes by using his cultivation ....true,  both my Ye Hua and Mo Yuen kind of passed out for few years LOL but this is Dong Hua alllooo, 

* I am not too keen on Deities exhibiting more stupidity than humanity, and his guards letting the dark lord just waltz in ...

*Of course i will continue to watch the drama,  i also want to be at the YH/BQ wedding with Ah Li . 

* Definitely a 100% thank you for the subs.