[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

14 hours ago, rapo65 said:

https://cfen.si/2019/12/01/air-date-update-winter-2019-20/

Three Lives Three Worlds: The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书 – Jan/Feb??
Starring: Dilraba, Gao Weiguang
Details: 60 episodes, weekly drama on Tencent

Romance between deities.

meeeeh....i really wanted a December premiere :tears::tears::tears:

Merp. If it airs in February, no lie, I'm gonna be a little mad.
Please be January!!!!!

• Like 2

@rapo65 @midnight_muse pls be patient ( I'm consoling myself actually) cause "a good things are worth waiting for"

I feel you..and i think all of us here does felt the frustrations, feel the longing for DongFeng couple to be appear on screen ASAP especially after imagined it a million times while reading the books. We've been waiting for almost 2 yr for this drama..:tears: Now is December..soon will be 2020 and this wonderful Form was created on January 25th 2018 so thankful and grateful to the moderator @angelangie

hopefully we'll heard a good news soon, finger-crossed, and I hope and pray that the outcome will be amazing,tremendously fulfilled and satisfying .We were gushed over a merely a little over a minutes length of teaser trailer, talk and discussed about it for 5 or 6 pages...imagine if we got to see the over 40 mins the whole episode?? that is also just as good and as impactful as the trailer??...

@jadore1 an excerpts from PB1 page 19 about adorable Ah Li

Bai Qian sternly chided her son " I heard your dad as a young boy was able to recite The Great sattva scripture,  The Victorious king of Heaven Doctrines and The Aryacalantha Envoy Sutra. But we must've spoiled you. You're now 500 yrs old, yet you can't recite,The Huelin Ideophone text, Alright, so it's not the end of the world,  but can't you leave your parents some face?"

The little dough grumbled and logically countered " I didn't want it to be this way either. But my excellent brains were inherited from you , not from dad.":lol:

Lol..I love smart mouth Ah Li.

• LOL 6

17 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@jadore1 an excerpts from PB1 page 19 about adorable Ah Li

Bai Qian sternly chided her son " I heard your dad as a young boy was able to recite The Great sattva scripture,  The Victorious king of Heaven Doctrines and The Aryacalantha Envoy Sutra. But we must've spoiled you. You're now 500 yrs old, yet you can't recite,The Huelin Ideophone text, Alright, so it's not the end of the world,  but can't you leave your parents some face?"

The little dough grumbled and logically countered " I didn't want it to be this way either. But my excellent brains were inherited from you , not from dad.":lol:

Lol..I love smart mouth Ah Li.

I love these little tips ..thank you @jimmylyne..but just thinking that this little rice  ball has quite interesting relatives ..i am talking about heavy duty here...to have a mother and father such as Ye Hua :heart:  and mama as divine as Bai Qian ..but there is his uncles as well  ..can't wait to see how he is growing up in this drama. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2019 at 10:59 AM, jadore1 said:

I love these little tips ..thank you @jimmylyne..but just thinking that this little rice  ball has quite interesting relatives ..i am talking about heavy duty here...to have a mother and father such as Ye Hua :heart:  and mama as divine as Bai Qian ..but there is his uncles as well  ..can't wait to see how he is growing up in this drama. 

Since I didn't read TMOPB books I not sure how Ah Li was described..but he was super smart in TMOPB drama..and he sure does in PB books also..I really love his interactions with his cousin aka babysitter the lively and beautiful Fengjiu. Their conversations always the cutest and funny. It's so entertaining ..since he is descendent of Dragon spirit from his father and Fox spirit from his mother   I'm sure he just as awesome as his parents.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Just a little bit longer guys!! Stay strong!!! :confounded:

meeeh..i don't know why they keep delaying it. It's true there are many dramas airing now, but i don't see how this dramas can be a competition to Pillow book. People will watch Pillow book anyway. Come on Tencent, give us the long awaited premiere...:rage::rage::rage:

On 12/9/2019 at 3:09 PM, rapo65 said:

meeeh..i don't know why they keep delaying it. It's true there are many dramas airing now, but i don't see how this dramas can be a competition to Pillow book. People will watch Pillow book anyway. Come on Tencent, give us the long awaited premiere...:rage::rage::rage:

My friend say its because Reba is not really that popular anymore (nowdays its Yangzi) and Vengo's star power is still weak :sweatingbullets:

At least its coming now~ hope this will be a big hit :innocent:

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 4:32 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

My friend say its because Reba is not really that popular anymore (nowdays its Yangzi) and Vengo's star power is still weak :sweatingbullets:

At least its coming now~ hope this will be a big hit :innocent:

I tend to agree with her. This is exactly what AvenueX said..the fact that she received that Golden Eagle prize upseted a lot of people in the industry. Who knows who was supposed to receive that prize...anyway, in spite of this, Reba is still very popular in China. My only fear is that, by delaying the airing time, the interest in Pillow Book will drop. Let's not forget that TMOP aired more than 2 years ago and now in China are very popular BL adaptation dramas (like Guardian and The Untamed) and historical dramas. Hope everything will be fine and we will get to see Pillow book sooner than February.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I tend to agree with her. This is exactly what AvenueX said..the fact that she received that Golden Eagle prize upseted a lot of people in the industry. Who knows who was supposed to receive that prize...anyway, in spite of this, Reba is still very popular in China. My only fear is that, by delaying the airing time, the interest in Pillow Book will drop. Let's not forget that TMOP aired more than 2 years ago and now in China are very popular BL adaptation dramas (like Guardian and The Untamed) and historical dramas. Hope everything will be fine and we will get to see Pillow book sooner than February.

Honestly I agree, considering how long they've waited to air this, Reba's declining popularity, and the rise and popularity of BL stories...
I don't have high confidence that Pillow Book will be the superstar drama we all hope for but I'm still excited to enjoy the story :)
I hope the story and visuals will be able to captivate and stun everyone!! Hopefully it'll also be able to help Reba out with her popularity!
Either way, I'm supporting this drama!

• Love 2

On 12/9/2019 at 5:05 PM, jimmylyne said:

So the air date will be fall on lunar new year...January 25, 2020? . Ironically its the same date as this forum was created exactly 2 yrs ago...January 25, 2018.

It was the day they officially announced Reba and Vengo reprising their role... I bet its around that time. Its either or February..

TMOPB international popularity still hasn't declined, i keep seeing new accounts dedicated to Ten Miles from people who just recently watch the drama. So outside China there is no doubt it will be popular regardless how the story goes. (I hope its as good as Ten Milels if not, at least Ashes of Love or other Xianxia)

Vengo won an acting award for his role in Candle of the Tomb so this is a good news waiting for TPB. I honestly haven't seen the drama but i heard good reviews about his acting..

Comparing Yang Zi and Reba, they're like the rivalry now because of the Golden Eagle Goddess award. I say Reba can put up a fight against Yang Zi if only she has better drama than Yang Zi. Reba's previous drama has been a so-so regardless of her acting. The story just mediocre, unlike Yang Zi, she has been acting since kid so her resume has been well known since kid... And her drama selection, Ashes Of Love, Go Go Squid and next year with Xiao Zhan who rose up to fame this year... There was even a rumor before that Chen Yuqi was the first pick to play against Xiao Zhan, but at the end Yang Zi got the role.... She knows how to spot good drama and production.

And again, regarding the golden horse actress award. Its not her fault that they gave her the award.  Blame the golden horse committee. 

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kimberly Amor said:

It was the day they officially announced Reba and Vengo reprising their role... I bet its around that time. Its either or February..

TMOPB international popularity still hasn't declined, i keep seeing new accounts dedicated to Ten Miles from people who just recently watch the drama. So outside China there is no doubt it will be popular regardless how the story goes. (I hope its as good as Ten Milels if not, at least Ashes of Love or other Xianxia)

Vengo won an acting award for his role in Candle of the Tomb so this is a good news waiting for TPB. I honestly haven't seen the drama but i heard good reviews about his acting..

Comparing Yang Zi and Reba, they're like the rivalry now because of the Golden Eagle Goddess award. I say Reba can put up a fight against Yang Zi if only she has better drama than Yang Zi. Reba's previous drama has been a so-so regardless of her acting. The story just mediocre, unlike Yang Zi, she has been acting since kid so her resume has been well known since kid... And her drama selection, Ashes Of Love, Go Go Squid and next year with Xiao Zhan who rose up to fame this year... There was even a rumor before that Chen Yuqi was the first pick to play against Xiao Zhan, but at the end Yang Zi got the role.... She knows how to spot good drama and production.

And again, regarding the golden horse actress award. Its not her fault that they gave her the award.  Blame the golden horse committee. 

So everyone here did agree that Yang Zi was more popular or better than Reba? I don't know what to say....I can't remember if I ever watched  Yang Zi drama..other than "Noble Aspirations" with Li Yifeng and Shen Shaofeng 's wife ( I can't remember her exact name Zhao ..something).That the one and only of Yang Zi drama I ever watched ( there was a time I have an urge to watch Ashes of love bc of DengLun in it and off course the popularity of the AOL ..but at the end until now I have yet watching it). 

So maybe it's true Yang Zi is good actress but I'm glad that Golden Horse Award belong to Reba. Despite/regardless of anything or everything...so thankful to The Golden Horse committee bc she really deserves it.( I know I am being biased but who's care.:lol:)

I've been watched guite plenty of Chinese Drama..there's guite plenty I enjoyed but there very a few i know theirs real names Unless they were a former casts of TMOPB drama...so sue me...I'm really hopeless :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I honestly prefer Reba and i don't think Yangzi it's such a good actress to be honest. I saw her in Ashes of love, Battle of Changsha, Go go squid and Ode of joy and neither of her performances impressed me. I think Reba was absolutely adorable in TMOPB and she really has potential...and she is prettier than Yangzi. But, as we all can see, Yangzi has a good management team and that is an advantage in the industry. I really hope to see more of Reba soon :)

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kimberly Amor said:

What ? If this is true I feel really bad for Chen Yuqi, I prefer her than Yang zi to be honest. I don't know why but I never liker her "type" eventhough I have to admit that her acting is better than Reba but I think she doesn't have that "X" factor ? The only drama of her that I watched is Ashes of love and I keep FF it, too long, too draggy and so many silly cutesy moments that I can't stand :sweatingbullets: 

But I guess china love her type, summer is full of this kind of drama

For the Golden Eagle Goddess I think Reba deserved it, I dont think Yang zi is pretty enough to deserve that "Gooddes" Title. Just look at the previous winners, Liu yi fei, Liu shi shi, Zhao li ying etc ~

• Like 4