[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Le Coup de Foudre 我不喜欢这世界,我只喜欢你

sugarplum892

:o I just noticed, Maplestage has raw episodes through 12!  I haven't seen any official words regarding the release schedule for this drama, other than it airs 2 eps from Monday-Wednesday, but I'm going to assume applying the normal pattern of VIP versus official episodes that VIP/raw episode viewers of this drama will always be a full week ahead.  Meaning, VIP viewers must've gotten 12 episodes out the gate in one day, whereas by the end of this week, those watching the official videos will be at episode 6. 

So far, the raw episodes on Maplestage are slooooow to load and I'm so busy this week, I'll just stick with the subbed ones.  But if I get impatient next week.... ;) 

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the VIP subscribers 12 episodes were already released. Unfortunately I can’t watch them because I banned Flash at home, so I have to go with the normal schedule. It is okay since I have 2 other Dramas to watch at the moment. :ph34r:

Good to know about the subs. That is the reason we I really miss Dramafever who had way better ones than Viki. I even still miss WithS2 for KDrama :tears:.

After EP3+4...well...the school story surely isn't my cup of tea :sweatingbullets:. Proably too much Youth Drama for me lately who did it way better. Anyone of the novel readers who knows how long that is part of the story? I want to see them building up a working relationship as adults. :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

After EP3+4...well...the school story surely isn't my cup of tea :sweatingbullets:. Proably too much Youth Drama for me lately who did it way better. Anyone of the novel readers who knows how long that is part of the story? I want to see them building up a working relationship as adults. :ph34r:

I agree with you I would like to see them focus more on adult timeline I read the book a while ago and they go back and forth a lot so I’m not sure where they are going to focus on I always look forward to when they r grown ups rather than the school age days

I had time to catch up ep 1-2 yesterday... and I have to say.. Ep 2 especially the latter end had me end up in tears.... especially parts about "Idiot had his/her pride too" and also about how we "Misread people" during our youth. All of this thing really feel relatable for me. 

I enjoy what I watch so far.. and will take everything slowly to savor this warmhearted drama.. 

BTS

Spoiler

BTS 1 (weibo posted 04/29)

BTS 2 (weibo 04/30)

BTS 4 (05.01)

Posted on drama's weibo, but not yet on the youtube channel:

BTS 3 (04/30): direct link weibo video 

[this is the direct link to the video input itself, not the weibo post. so there shouldnt be any vpn problems. maybe] 

BTS 5 (05/02): direct link weibo video 

Some more Promo posters

Spoiler

tumblr_pqukf2vSO31u1iqoao4_1280.jpgtumblr_pqukf2vSO31u1iqoao5_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_pquiqo9UfL1u1iqoao1_250.jpgtumblr_pquiqo9UfL1u1iqoao2_250.jpgtumblr_pquiqo9UfL1u1iqoao3_400.jpg

As a fan of the novel, I have 2 major and one minor complains about the drama depiction. First, the book is based on the real life experiences of the main couple. In other words, every character exists including the parents of both female and male protagonist. It is true that Qiao Yi came from a single mother family but why add a step-father? [Sorry, I didnt realize youtube channel only updated up to ep 6]

Spoiler

In addition, the script writers totally played around with Yan Mo's family. Divorced + hidden little brother??!!?? I am very well aware that the author had participated in the script writing and the final product was a mutual agreement between both parties. However, I still think it is slightly disrespectful to the parents. 

Second, in the novel Qiao Yi did not know about Yan Mo's departure to England until graduation. If the drama had to emphasize the fact that Qiao Yi's family had low income, what makes the option of oversea study a feasible route? Putting money aside, my dear drama Qiao Yi did you forget you are a steady low mark ranker? 

I loved the novel for being down to earth. As well as, how it embraced the ups and downs of a relationship with polar opposite personalities. The drama on the other hand, the actor and actress did a great job on the character portrayal but the plot lacks in the realistic aspect. I know there is no such thing as a perfect drama adaption and asking a drama to be reasonable is impossible but I still wished they went another way about it. 

Lastly, the minor complain I have is with Qiao Yi's character. She not the smartest, especially when compared with Yan Mo but I believe the drama dumb down the protagonist beyond the necessary range. Like they had to force fit Qiao Yi and Mo Yan into the typical 学霸 and 学渣 scenario. UGH. 

Aside from all these negative comments, I really like the first 12 episodes! The last drama I was really into was Zhao Yao/The Legends but their editing was...[coughs out blood]. Le Coup de Foudre has really pulled me out and reignited my faith in quality post productions. Mr. Monday hurry up and come. 

I dont think the youtube channel posted the next ep previews. (PS. Tencent QQ has updated to the preview for ep 18) I will post them if anyone is interested. 

Spoiler

There is one preview where Qiao Yi goes on a blind date in the place of Wu Yi. And (OFC) our Yan Mo happens to interrupt. HAHA! I really like the older Yan Mo. 

46 minutes ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

I dont think the youtube channel posted the next ep previews. (PS. Tencent QQ has update to the preview for ep 18) I will post them if anyone is interested. 

Hide contents

There is one preview where Qiao Yi goes on a blind date in the place of Wu Yi. And (OFC) our Yan Mo happens to interrupt. HAHA! I really like the older Yan Mo. 

There are previews until ep 18?!?! Gahhh..!! :w00t: Can you pleaseeeeee post them!! pretty pleaseeeeee..  :tears: 

That aside, I do agree with your other points. There are some parts of the drama where I went "Did that really happen?", but overall I think the adaption stayed true to the novel. A lot of the parts which made me squeal was included, which I was very happy to see. Lots of times adaptations tend to miss out on adding those in, which makes us readers sad. Glad this wasn't the case here. And even for the parts they changed/added, it didn't really break the momentum of the drama. On the other hand, for me, it made the drama stronger so that was fine :) I guess the reason for that is because the author participated in the scriptwriting.. I didn't know that.. thanks for telling us! :D 

Spoiler

I mean.. Did you see ep 10?! I was shocked they placed that scene in ep 10! so early.. We're not even halfway yet!! A kiss so suddenly?! I guess it helps that the drama isn't in a linear format. So glad they decided not to do it in linear form. Makes this drama wayyyy unique & better. 

Now.. I can't wait for ep 13-18 already!!! :D I need more young & adult Yan Mo, Qiao Yi, Guan Chao, Wu Yi, & Yan Mo's uncle (forgot his name suddenly). Even Yan Mo's mom is hilarious! hahahaha :D 

I hope to see the adult version & Yan Mo & Qiao Yi's reunion soon though.. even though we've been getting snippets of their future life, I want to see them reuniting, getting together, and being in a relationship. I just hope the last episode isn't them just getting together. I REALLY hope the drama gives them episodes of them dating.. I mean.. a relationship also has problems right???

Spoiler

(afterall... the book did include that... :rolleyes:)

I am very happy with this unexpectedly funny and tender drama, its whole story and presentation are hitting my buttons nicely. I am totally in love with the brother LOL....what a guy :love:  i love seeing such creative siblings and kudos to the step father , his and children's relationship/ actions are so healthy, nurturing and  all appreciated by me .   

12 hours ago, jadore1 said:

I am very happy with this unexpectedly funny and tender drama, its whole story and presentation are hitting my buttons nicely. I am totally in love with the brother LOL....what a guy :love:  i love seeing such creative siblings and kudos to the step father , his and children's relationship/ actions are so healthy, nurturing and  all appreciated by me .   

ITA. I just binged-watched all six episodes tonight and I am simply captivated by the characters, story and writing. At first it felt a little disorienting because the story kept switching between the present and the past plus the characters have those scenes where its like someone is interviewing them. However, once I got passed that, I was fully onboard with the unfolding story.

I really appreciate that there is genuine comedy in this drama. Nowadays what passes for comedy usually leaves me scratching my head. This drama has classic comedy to me. Case in point, when they tried to steal the principal’s dentures and accidentally stole his stamp instead. They had me laughing so much. Such bunglers. On the opposite spectrum, I was practically crying when QY changed her uniform and joined WY on the stage while the principal publicly ridiculed them. That was such a touching scene to me because WY was up there shaking and on the verge of tears while the principal made a spectacle of her. That action on QY’s part was such a touching display of friendship and reconciliation.

There are so many things I enjoyed about what was shown so far including the relationship between QY and her brother, YM and his uncle, QY’s parents (I like that her mom is different and hold grudges against her kids :sweatingbullets: while dad is the peacemaker and also ends up in hot water himself). YM’s mom seems like fun. I guess that means her dad and YM’s grandfather is the chief of police. WY and her mom has issues so I guess we will know more soon. I like that the kids don’t go too far though. They still respect their parents and the parents aren’t that bad even with their flaws. I’m really looking forward to more including the romantic plots.

19 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I really appreciate that there is genuine comedy in this drama. Nowadays what passes for comedy usually leaves me scratching my head. This drama has classic comedy to me. Case in point, when they tried to steal the principal’s dentures and accidentally stole his stamp instead. They had me laughing so much. Such bunglers. On the opposite spectrum, I was practically crying when QY changed her uniform and joined WY on the stage while the principal publicly ridiculed them. That was such a touching scene to me because WY was up there shaking and on the verge of tears while the principal made a spectacle of her. That action on QY’s part was such a touching display of friendship and reconciliation.

@celebrianna so glad you are enjoying this drama, and i think its that genuine comedy that i appreciate and keep grinning with true admiration   :star:     If there is a Coolest Siblings  :thumbsup:award  or Plum  méi  blossoms hug  @RPM  or  the blossoms in the promotional pictures that you posted in March if i did not identify the fruit/ flower essence that best describes my category LOL ?    and Coolest step dad :thumbsup: awards (i wonder what fruit/ flower essence would describe father the best )  so far in these 6 episodes i am totally giving it to them . Yes i could give couple more but i will be cool LOL  today and leave some awards for another day. 

Another( Chinese) version  of Never let you go Ost 

I'm also enjoying this drama alot.

I like every character and parallel running storyline. 

Main leads I love them so much

( Some viewers disliking Male lead character and also saw some negative comments about him) But I love his character so much and I rarely like to watch any Modern c drama but this one I like it so much more because of male lead .

Never let you go Ost soul of this drama .

If we change the characters we change the drama.... i am enjoying what is being served , thanks @RPM music is beautiful.  

One of the funny lines for me was  " 

What wonderful qualities of mine made made WY like me....

And i’ll get rid of them immediately....

All of them

LOL :cookie:

@gracebkk

Spoiler

IKR! Completely agree! If the plot is consecutive, then how long will it take before we finally get the first kiss? Remember how young Yan Mo immediately shied away from the accidental hand grab? Look at how well he grows up to be! :blush:

I am not entirely happy with how the reunion scene was executed because I really like that part in the book. Like how QY was able to immediately distinguish MY from the crowd during their alumni party and how MY quietly opened the coca cola for her. It was silent gesture but a loud impact. Now look at the drama. So dramatic. There was only a snippet in Ep 1 so I will wait for the full story before I start to complain any further. I am too much devotion to the novel so I am sensitive to every microscopic change in the drama plot. I know I am unfair to the drama, I just cant help it.  

5 hours ago, jadore1 said:

What wonderful qualities of mine made made WY like me....

And i’ll get rid of them immediately....

All of them

That was really funny. Bravo to the mother for keeping cool. If I was her, I would probably slap the teacher, "What's wrong with my daughter!" Sir you are too honest for your own good. Hahaha

Spoiler

I am looking forward to the jar of a thousand stars! It will probably be one of the last high school scenes before the drama transitions to the adult life.

tumblr_pquku45O9D1u1iqoao6_1280.jpg

The weibo account updated with new BTS. Helps to ease the thirst for the next set of episodes (especially when I finished all the episodes on Monday, a terrible choice).

Previews 13- 18: Bilibili playlist

ROUGH TRANSLATIONS:

Spoiler

Ep 13: 

• Spoiler

Dad's life is not threatened but his leg is injured. QY & GC left the hospital to pack daily necessities. QY wants to follow GC back to the hospital but GC disagrees. (No explanation on the cause of injury)

Ep 14 

• Spoiler

Dad tries to get the bottle of wine with a coat hanger and fails. "[mom's name] there's an earthquake! Things falling on the floor!" "Dad there's no point, we saw" LOLOL 

Mom complains about dad breaking the drinking ban and instructs QY to marry someone that sticks to his words. :blush:(DONT WORRY MOM!! SHE WILL!!) 

She continues to rant  about dad and tells QY who is in university year 2 to bring some thick clothes to her dorm. 

Ep 15

Spoiler

WY, who is now an author, wants to turn down the fan signing event because she is afraid that no one will attend. The editor refuses and tells WY her book is a top seller. 

MY's unsent text: Today at Asda, I saw a girl that looks like you.

QY "happy birthday" 

(ARE YOU KIDDING ME WRITERS? WHY IS QY IN ENGLAND??)

☆☆Ep 16 ☆☆

Spoiler

"There's something on your hair. How about I help you out? Here here"

-MY ENTERS- 

"Can I help you?"

"Came to greet my friend"

"Ms. Hao Wu YI is he your friend?" 

"Ms. Hao Wu yi?" 

"I am Hao Wu Yi"

"Can I sit here? Thank you" (How polite of you to ask. LOL)

"What are you two talking about?"

"About gossips, horoscopes, and life. I am sure you are not interested so how about you go elsewhere"  

"We are blind dating right now" (Agree. MY arnt welcome at this very moment)

"oh a blind date then congratulations. When are you planning to get marry?" 

"Marriage? It's our first meeting, we haven't gotten that far yet."

"It is very easy if you want to get to know about her. She went on tv show when she was 7 months pregnant and her husband ditched her. That show had a very high rating. Does your husband still abuse you? "  

"You were married?"

"No No, please don't misunderstand I am the script writer for that TV show. The wife was absent that episode so I had to fill in" 

"Arent you are writer?"

"oh so she's actually a writer"

"WY is a writer"

"oh so you're not actually Wu Yi"

"you're not Wu Yi?"

"yes... I am her friend. She is busy today"

别着急 好好编  “dont panic, improvise well" (OH LOVE THIS MAN!!)

"So for the entire day you were joking with me ??!?? How.... can you... do this?"

"Wong... Lee Lee.... Mr. Liu" (she forgot his surname LOL) "Are you satisfy now?"

"No, Ill be satisfy after I hear the door slam" 

:lol:

Ep 17 

Spoiler

Dad" fine, if you really dont want to go then stay here. Afterall, I can afford to feed you. Have you thought it out? Then go chase [it], you still have time to catch [it]. I will lend you my car" 

Uncle Da Chuan ”great decision! I definitely wont make you regret it"

MY stays in Beijing to start up a business with uncle.

(Is it just me or does Da Chuan look even more like a thug now that he is a tuxedo)

Ep 18

Spoiler

"Why are you here?"

"Da Chuan let me stay here to read"

"Where is he?"

"He's at my house to help me assemble furniture."

"He really likes to help you out"

"Therefore I will work hard to stay here" (Idk where the 'here' is- his office/business or big city Beijing)

"Work hard because only then you will find out you are still not cut for it"

Guan Chao is moving out of his recently rented apartment. WY yells at GC for being a coward just because they had a one night stand.  O_O

(MY how long do you plan to stand there?)

gahhhh @DontEatMyKimchi!! i really wanted to watch the fan meeting but i couldn't :( how did it go??? gd? were there any sweet moments between any of the couples? how was the vibe? :D gahhh.. so lucky for you to be able to watch it!! T.T

tomorrow's d-day!!!! more eps!! yesssss!! :D

Spoiler

btw.. did you see the wedding kiss scene between MY & QY? :w00t:

if you want to see it:

Spoiler

hot right?!?! :w00t::wub:

Archived