[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Le Coup de Foudre 我不喜欢这世界,我只喜欢你

sugarplum892

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart is so happy right now!! :heart:

A beautiful ending for not just the OTP, but all our beloved characters. Also, the one thing I didn’t like about the drama (which was something they had changed from the book)... I had hoped they would revisit it at some point, and THEY DID. Which means, this pretty much was a perfect drama for me. It’s been added to my list of faves and I can’t wait to watch all the episodes with subs (even if the subs do drive me batty) and to rewatch... and rewatch... and rewatch.... :D

If you’re curious what the one thing I wasn’t crazy about was...

Spoiler

In the final scene, the drama revisits the question that QY sent out to all her former classmates in the first episode, which was: what is your first love doing? This time around, YM reads the text message and answers, just like how he does in the book: She became my wife, and she’s sleeping next to me.

It’s such a sweet and romantic moment from the book, I was super bummed when they changed it for the drama. But now I can be happy again! 

Merci  Le Coup de Foudre ... you became one more :star: on my list of  very much loved c dramas . I became part of your family and you became part of mine . To the writer , to the drama team you simplified and shared so much ..again ordinary but completely  extraordinary . Thank you Qiao Yi  and Yan Mo you are so meant for each other ,  Zhao Guan Chao you are loved by all of us for being one gorgeous man , brother, son, and at the end beautiful husband . Ba and Ma, i loved every moment I spent seeing your amazing life choices and devotion to your children . Every actor delivered ...and even our teddy bear got love of his life at the end. 

Thank you Soompis , as always you all rock :heart: Merci 

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

My heart is so happy right now!! :heart:

A beautiful ending for not just the OTP, but all our beloved characters. Also, the one thing I didn’t like about the drama (which was something they had changed from the book)? I had hoped they would revisit at some point, and THEY DID. Which means, this pretty much was a perfect drama for me. It’s been added to my list of faves and I can’t wait to watch all the episodes with subs (even if the subs do drive me batty) and to rewatch... and rewatch... and rewatch.... :D

If you’re curious what the one thing I wasn’t crazy about was...

Reveal hidden contents

In the final scene, the drama  revisits  the question that QY sent out to all her former classmates in the first episode, when: what is your first love doing? And this time, YM reads it and answers. Just like how he does in the book: She became my wife, and she’s sleeping next to me.

It’s such a sweet and romantic moment from the book, I was super bummed when they changed it for the drama. But now I can be happy again! 

Spoiler

The way they revisit it is just so good. I was really disappointed that they seemed to misuse such a good moment from the book. But making it the last scene was the best decision. I smiled so hard the entire time.  

1 hour ago, pocohantas01 said:
  Hide contents

The way they revisit it is just so good. I was really disappointed that they seemed to misuse such a good moment from the book. But making it the last scene was the best decision. I smiled so hard the entire time.  

Right??  I'm glad I kept my faith in the drama, as it did not let us down!  The subs, on the other hand... :crazy:  Haha.  They actually weren't too terribly bad for Episodes 25 & 26, and by that I mean, for the most part, you could figure out what was truly being said even when they were off, so I didn't note too many lines for correction.  Just a few.

Episode 25

• When QY is running late for work and tries to hop into YM's car, the subs have him responding, "Remember what you said?" when he actually says, "How quickly you've forgotten."  Love that revenge smile on his face as he rolls the windows back up before driving off! 
  • When QY has dinner with her brother, she asks, Guan Chao, "You really don't mind?" The subs left out "really," and while it's maybe not such a big omission, I think the "really" helps to emphasize the point that QY is trying to figure out how her brother truly feels about WY having thought she was pregnant.  The subs then have Guan Chao responding at one point, "After all, through so many years many of my friends come and leave, but very few of them are still by my side.  I've known her for so many years.  It's hard to just cut it."  This is my version: That said, as a person walks through life, the friends that are by their side will come and go.  The people who stay will become less and less.  I've known her for so many years.  This attachment that we have isn't something I can bear to cut just because I say cut." 
  • When GC offers to see QY home after their dinner, the subs have her responding, "No, I think.  Do you work earlier tomorrow?"  The literal translation of her response is actually, "Forget about it."  But in this context, given how she's feeling in that moment, I'd translate it as, "That's not necessary.  Besides, don't you have the early shift tomorrow?" 
  • When GC and QY arrive at her old apartment, a thought suddenly occurs to her and she comments on something not being right about her brother.  The subs then have her starting off that thought with, "When you're available," when what she really says is, "When you don't have something to do..." and then she describes how he usually spends his free time at bars, not worrying about her.

Episode 26

• When QY is clearing YM's apartment of her things and she and Da Chuan are discussing office romances, he asks her, "What's wrong with an office romance?"  The subs leave off "romance."  QY then asks him what's going on with him and Cheng You Mei/Alicia, and the subs have him responding, "It could count in a way.  But nothing is going on for real."  I'd translate that as, "If I wanted to say there was some progress, I could, but if I wanted to say there wasn't any progress, I could say that too."  QY then asks if, after all this time, he hasn't yet figured out what Alicia likes.
  • Before QY leaves the house (so she can return for the New Year's party), the subs have her saying to the dog, "D, promise me one thing," when she really says, "D, Mommy wants to talk to you about something." 
  • When YM takes out the trash and runs into Wang Wei, Wang Wei explains why he is resigning from the company.  The subs have him saying, "I confessed now because I want to make up for my mistake," when he actually says, "The reason why I waited until now to say something is because I wanted to make up for my mistake."  Basically, although he knew he'd done something wrong, he didn't want to leave them why they were in the lurch either.  Now that the company is doing better, he thinks it's time for him to leave.  Side note: I love YM's response and how he has faith in his employee's characters and abilities.  That's the mark of a good boss and true leader!
  • When QY lets slip her knowledge of there being feminine products in YM's bathroom, gah.  The subs kind ruined the hilarity of the moment, but the most offensive one was when they asked in chorus, "Director Yan has a girlfriend?"  (The subs had them asking, "Girlfriend of Director Yan?" instead.)
  • When YM's college roommate and WY are watching the fireworks, he says to her, "Happy New Year, I'm glad to have met you," not, "Happy New Year.  Nice to meet you."  Nice to meet you doesn't make sense since they've met previously already!  Sigh, subs. 
  • When QY asks YM why he wants to take her with him on his work trip when she knows nothing about his work, the subs have him answering, "You're the only one who's available."  The more accurate translation though is, "You're the one who has the most free time."  I know the meaning is essentially the same, but it's the choice of words that matters here!  He's basically picking on her once more, which is why QY chokes on her water and glares at him in response. 

Episode 35 is such a gem!  I love seeing all the QY-YM scenes together, and it's such a wonderful send off for this lovely couple.  I cracked up at the reappearance of the love letter dude, who tried to hug QY only to be blocked by YM.

giphy.gif

That grin on YM's face!  A little out of character for YM (ZYJ coming through? lol), but so funny! :lol:

Does anyone know why QY had on a different dress and hairstyle in the dressing room scene right before the wedding?

Screen-Shot-2019-05-27-at-7-49-54-PM.png

Wow! Loved this drama from start to finish. A lot of times the end can feel rushed or doesn’t make any sense. But this drama really nailed it!!!! They ended it perfectly with YM texting that phrase! Loved this so much!!!! Thanks to all the translators and for those who enjoyed this gem of a drama!!! I don’t wanna see them gooooooo!!!!

:star::star::star:

What can I say? I'm lost for words how to describe this GEM of a drama.

LCDF is a perfect down to earth yet entertaining romance drama with characters who are normal and not too perfect. The scenerios are realistic and relatable. Every kinds of emotions are well balanced portrayed be it fluff and fun or angst. :wub:

BEST of all, the ending is carthartic! The BEST ending for a drama for me. LOVE it that the whole final ep was devoted to YM and QY! To some YM may be dull but this chapter really portrayed him in a different light! Simply LOVE him to bits. How can QY ever get angry with this adorable guy? They compliment each other so well.:love:

I'm at the airport going for a vacation so wont be able to comment much. Will do so once I arrive at my destination and I hope we can still keep this thread alive as there are so many points to discuss!:D

To me LCDF is THE BEST CDRAMA for me! :heart::kiss_wink:

Yes, I  so love love ep 35. It is the best ending of all dramas. Kudos to the whole team, Directors, script writers, actors, actress, and the whole background team. Everyone deserves 3 cheers.

3 hours ago, tdci said:

Yes, I  so love love ep 35. It is the best ending of all dramas. Kudos to the whole team, Directors, script writers, actors, actress, and the whole background team. Everyone deserves 3 cheers.

Yea totally agree!!!!! I really feel like this is one of the best endings I’ve seen in my many drama watching years. I love how they showed us snippets of their marriage and devoted the episode to our wonderful OTP. I felt satisfied and felt like everything was organic and true to the characters and their story. I wonder how he real Joey and Mr. F are doing now. I read the novel after starting this drama and the drama really captured the spirit and heart of the novel. I’m so curious to know who the real characters are!

One more thing I'm really glad the last episode circled around back to...

Spoiler

HE FINALLY LEARNED ABOUT HER TRIP TO ENGLAND (or Serbia, rather, haha)!!!!!!!!

Nothing drives me battier in a drama than when one half of the OTP does something for the other half, and they never find out about it.  I can think of at least two dramas that have moments that I'm still upset about because of that (and in one of them, the act of kindness was even attributed to someone else, which is so much worse!).  So, I'm really really glad this drama gives me nothing to gnash my teeth over.  Heeeee!  :D  

Also, I really liked YM's reaction to the news - the disbelief over his realization that his suspicions back then were correct and just everything.  I loved how when she asked if he was mad, his response was to simply hug her and tell her that she shouldn't do things like that in the future again.  It's not her he's mad at, but just the situation.  If only he'd known, maybe they would've reunited sooner.  It's the frustration over the missed moments, the what might have beens.  I totally got what YM was feeling in that moment, and I thought he portrayed those emotions perfectly.  

Can't stop thinking about the last five eps...  just gonna keep dropping thoughts as they occur to me. :P 

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

HE FINALLY LEARNED ABOUT HER TRIP TO ENGLAND (or Serbia, rather, haha)!!!!!!!!

LOL @themarchioness I did recognize some scenes from  Belgrade ,Serbia when i viewed ep 35 again especially at 18:57 when they get  balloons and 21:41 when she has the same picture taken and lets her little secret out.  I am impressed , because if you did not mentioned it i would have been totally oblivious LOL 

@jadore1, in answer to your question of whether it was really filmed in Serbia, from the drama's Wiki page, "The drama began filming on March 29, 2018 at Hangzhou. It wrapped up filming on July 2, 2018 at Serbia."  :) 

@Mapleoaks5, oh you know I am only too happy to comply!  

One of the things I really love about this drama is how, as viewers, we are always able to make lemonade out of lemons.  And by that I mean:

Spoiler

Watching Wu Yi's mother fall sick and then pass away was incredibly sad and hard.  As Qiao Yi's mother observed, it was especially hard to watch in the context of Wu Yi because she'd already lost her father when she was young.  How cruel and unfair it was then that she would lose both her parents from such an early age!  But I love, love, love, that when Guan Chao explains to Qiao Yi why he's changed his mind about marriage,  a large part of his reason is that he wants to give Wu Yi a family.  That is the sweetest expression of love there could ever be (and I swear if the subs end up mucking that up, there will be words!  :P)  

I don't want to say it was worth Wu Yi's mother dying in order for us to get that one line out of Guan Chao.  But, what I would say is that given that's the direction in which the drama took us, it's nice they made good use of the opportunity.  

Also, while I never harbored hope that Wu Yi's mom would miraculously live given the diagnosis when we learned of it, I confess there's a part of me that hoped Stepdad would one day regain his ability to walk.  I wouldn't have held on to that hope except for a comment the twins' mom once said early on after he was discharged from the hospital.  It was when she was nagging him about drinking, she said something along the lines of how if he would exercise, he might one day walk again.  (Or something like that.  I can't really remember.)  Anyway, given the severity of his injuries, I always knew it would be a long shot and certainly as the drama traveled farther into the future/present, my hope started to dwindle.  Still, in the back of mind, I'd think, "How sweet would it be if he was able to walk Qiao Yi down the aisle when she married?"  And then I saw a clip from that scene and knew he was still in his wheelchair, so there went all hopes out the door.  LOL.  Which is fine.  It wasn't a hope that I set much store by.  

But, what I would say after finally getting to see the whole of the wedding scene is that I love how because Stepdad was in his wheelchair, that meant Guan Chao got to push his wheelchair to help Stepdad walk Qiao Yi down the aisle.  It was like getting to see the two most important men in Qiao Yi's life send her off.  My eyes totally got a little misty in that moment.  ;) 

Back again with sub translations for Episodes 27 & 28!  As we head into the part of the story where Panda Company encounters troubles, my stomach grows nervous for them.  I must constantly remind myself that as difficult as it is watching Yan Mo and everyone by his side go through this rough patch, in the end, it will work out.  

Episode 27:

• When WY and GC are arguing after he interrupts her date with Zhou Zhao (YM's roommate), there's a part where GC is saying he he's not just a friend and WY doesn't understand the point he's trying to make, so she responds, "If you don't want to be my friend then don't be my friend.  Who cares?"  The subs have her saying, "Alright then that's it.  No one wants to be your friend."  In that same conversation, GC asks her why she thinks he was at the same restaurant with her and ZZ, and subs have her responding, "Hungry!" which GC then echoes.  Except the back-and-forth went more along lines of, "You were probably hungry!" and "I was hungry?!  I was full from being mad at you!"
  • When YM's mother tracks him down to his hotel while he's away on a business trip, the subs have him saying to her, "You must have something to tell me."  That was only half the comment though.  The full version is, "You followed me here, you must have something to tell me."
  • When YM hands the gift bag to his future stepfather, the subs have him saying, "A gift."  While technically not wrong, it doesn't tell the complete story either.  The phrase he uses is 心意 (xin - heart; yi - meaning/idea/thought) which has a sentiment more along the lines of regard and kindly feelings.  For example, someone might use it to say, "This little gift is a token of our regard."  As you can see, YM's phrase is more meaningful than just, "A gift."
  • When YM's mother is telling them about the retirement party Eric planned for her, the subs have her saying, "I told you not to make it big."  That doesn't identify at all what she's talking about though!  The correct translation is, "I told you not to make a big deal out of my farewell stage."  In response, Eric says per the subs, "According to my experience when you say no that means yes."  I'd swap that out with, "According to my experience when you say don't want, that means you want."
  • When Chen You Mei/Alicia answers Da Chuan's question about whether the food he made tastes good by saying, "Not at all," what she really says is, "It tastes terrible!"  (An obvious lie since we know she was totally enjoying it behind his back while he was sleeping!  I find their relationship proceeding sweetly, particularly when Da Chuan calls YM for advice and takes it in the wrong direction, LOL.  The look Qiao Yi and Yan Mo exchange at the bar when they hear about his failed date is aces.)
  • Back in her hotel room, Qiao Yi talks to Guan Chao on the phone where he worries over their hotel room arrangements.  The subs have Qiao Yi saying to her brother, "ZGC, you're over worrying all the time."  She actually says, "ZGC, you're spending all your time worrying over nothing!"
  • When Guan Chao tries to explain to Qiao Yi how Yan Mo must be feeling over the news of his mother remarrying, he shares his own story concerning their Stepdad.  Towards the end, the subs have him remarking that he "couldn't" show how he really felt about their mom's new relationship, but the word he actually uses is that he didn't "dare" show how he felt.  At the end of their phone conversation, Guan Chao also says to his sister, per subs, "Sensible kids are not born to be sensible," which doesn't make much sense because it was supposed to be, "Sensible kids are not born sensible."
  • When Qiao Yi and Yan Mo are talking about his parents, she asks if they ever talked to him about their divorce and he answers, per subs, no, because "even if they do, it won't change anything."  But what he really says is, "Even if they did, it's not like they'd get back together."  When he later adds that he's thought things through, the subs leave off, "a long time ago."  His parents' divorced is something he long reconciled himself with, which makes sense since he found out about it in high school.  :P  
  • When they have their moment on the couch, the subs have Yan Mo speaking like a neanderthal when he says, "Hold on.  Here's honeymoon suite.'"  Let's not ruin the moment and translate it properly, "Wait a moment.  This is the honeymoon suite."  
  • When Yan Mo's mom leaves them the next day, the subs have her saying to them, "Go for a trip to Britain when you're free," when she actually says, "When you (plural) have time, come visit us in England."  (I actually really would love to see that happen!  If I were to write a fanfic for this drama, that would definitely be one of them!  Haha.)

Episode 28:

• When WY describes her mother to Guan Chao (in the bathroom where he's scrubbing the toilet), she says her mother is "scary" not "horrible."
  • When Yan Mo texts Qiao Yi after giving dating advice to Da Chuan, he says, "I was woken up.  I can't sleep," not "I've been awake. I can't sleep."
  • When GC is having dinner with WY's mom, the subs keep having him say, "diet," when what he's really saying is "dietary restrictions."  Doesn't that sound soooo much better?  I mean, at one point, they have him asking WY's mom and the secretary whether they're on diets and I almost spit out the water I was drinking at the time.  What a rude question!  LOL.
  • When they leave the dinner, the Secretary compliments Guan Chao by saying, "Guan Chao, your alcohol tolerance is pretty good."  The subs have her telling him he "drank like a fish."
  • When Yan Mo goes to meet Qiao Yi after her dinner with Hao Wu Yi, Qiao Yi asks him how he was able to find her.  The subs have him responding, "Your friend HWY shares her every meal on the Moments and sets location."  But I thought it worth nothing that he actually makes his point by phrasing it in a question format.  I don't remember the exact way he asks it, but it was something along the lines of, "Your friend, HWY... is she the type of person to take a picture of her every meal to share and tag with her friend's circle?"  
  • When Qiao Yi tries to intercede on Da Chuan's behalf and YM responds by telling her that in the future, when they have kids, she should let him do all the child rearing, the subs have him saying, "You should just let me do it."  But what he really says is, "You're not allowed to meddle."  Hahaha!  

17 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@themarchioness ehm... ehm... did I just spy someone planning a fanfic already? *GRINNING*

Lol. @lynne22, having thoughts does not equate to doing! :P 

(Although, I confess *if* I were to write a fanfic for this drama, another area I would like to explore is YM’s relationship with his half brother. That part wasn’t in the book, of course, given that his parents remain happily married there, but since the drama gave him one, it occurred to me after I finished the last episode that: nothing more was ever said about that matter. Which is fine, as the drama didn’t need to drag things out by going down that route, but it does leave a lingering thread. And you know how much I love those lingering threads when it comes to fanfic. ;))

YM will be a very filial son-in-law.:)

When QY's parents lamented that now that she has grown up, she doesn't need their simple vinegar cure for hangover whenever she gets drunk. Instead she prefers her own husband's hangover pills.

YM who had gone to buy them felt bad when he overheard  their touching  conversation. He hid them in his pocket and told them a white lie that he couldn't get them.:P

That scene is very poignant indeed.:ph34r:

It is the COUNTLESS LITTLE SCENES like that which make this drama so down to earth, realistic and relatable.:blush:

Come on, everybody here! Let's keep this thread alive by bringing up more talking points for this superb drama! :wub:

In one if the episodes, QY and YM were talking about what their first words were to each.  Then there was a flash back to the scene where he helped her before when she was about to fall from standing on the tables.  He said something like their firsts words were much earlier then she thought.  Can we assume that he had fallen for her before they became deskmates?

29 minutes ago, AnmeiX2 said:

In one if the episodes, QY and YM were talking about what their first words were to each.  Then there was a flash back to the scene where he helped her before when she was about to fall from standing on the tables.  He said something like their firsts words were much earlier then she thought.  Can we assume that he had fallen for her before they became deskmates?

Yea that’s what I took from it. At least he started taking notice of her much earlier then when they actually became deskmates!

Archived