[Drama 2018] Let's Hold Hands And Watch The Sunset, 손 꼭 잡고 지는 석양을 바라보자

larus

Urgh, I love this. I love sappy melo. Is it wrong that I kinda ship her with the doctor ? I know they've been married for years, but in my opinion they just been tolerating and nice to each other, not so much sparkle. They are not in the I-cant-live-without-you kind of relationship. I just see 2 people suffer in silence. Maybe they're better off separated. Just my 2 cents :) 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expected to Maestro Jung Ha Yeon's drama.....so freaking beautiful. Just LOVE! That complex emotions in simple but sincere dialogues are always present and standing out. So far Yoon Sang Hyun is the only thing that didn't impress me but as what I did in Bittersweet Life before (a JHY piece with Lee Dong Wook) I don't mind him at all. ❤❤ I already felt sinful and selfish in LDV before because I still supported Dong Won the husband. It's time to make it more sinful. TEAM SUK JOON!! ❤❤❤❤

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStvoAeRf6EDOcgyKBuNG7images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOo2Cad1_WH6dc3rZ_A6Nengsub-lets-hold-hands-tightly-a-2-310x1

IF THERE IS ANY HAPPINESS LEFT WITHIN ME... I GIVE IT ALL TO YOU...

For me HJ is a complex character from the outside, but not so much on the inside. Her heart is leading the way.  For I don't believe it's a lack of love between her and DY I think instead it's about the essence and abundance of true love.

Finding someone you love more than yourself isn't magic...  It's a Miracle...

She holds DY's cheek within the palm of her hand she knows him better than anyone, and the kind of man he is.  That it will take not just a plan.  But instead a perfect plan that she must place and create step by step in order to give him everything she believes he deserves even if it means giving up everything she does...

She finds through SJ not only an amazing doctor but one with heart just no time for his own or no need.  I think something inside of her realized she could instead of  just using SJ to separate herself from DY.   In making up that she was in love with someone could in fact, gift someone else by restoring SJ's zest for life...

When living you find yourself so busy rushing from here to there.  Being pulled in every direction that you even lose sight of who, what and where you are.  Often forgetting those things and people whom mean the most and complete your life.  But when the fear of death knocks on your door.  Everything changes within you.  All of a sudden those things you thought meant the most.

Don't... 

She knows first hand what the end looks like and she won't allow those she loves to go through that.  Not if she can prevent it, even if it means denying everything she is and giving up the one person she loves the most.  But what she may not realize about DY is that even in knowing her husband so well you may not know all there is.  That what she believes and what's the truth about their love story may not be the same.  Nor can you erase the love and memories within his heart unless he is willing not because she wills it...

For in her mind he sacrificed his happiness and wealth because of her.  Yet I believe in his mind she allowed him to be himself, his own man. 

Free...

Sometimes you post not what you know as fact but what it is you feel. It comes with a risk and often you're  wrong but still there is a lot to be said for what you feel...

:heart:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8jRrGNUKCMrh8CqvyMICimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJTYF_SzMsT7ouRN5QLKvimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWaNNhagbZkEuQqBLRKTm   Marriage isn't about perfection... 

It's about commitment, faithfulness and endurance...

I think watching HJ deciding to not allow her family and husband to support her to the end in my opinion is a terrible mistake.  Even more lying about it and breaking not only his heart but hers as well.  Separating herself from him when he is the one person she needs most...

I was thankful that her Dad realized it right away and that at least she has his love and support although I was so broken for him.  To lose your wife and than to have to face losing your child in the very same way is so harsh.  Not to mention watching your granddaughter growing up and seeing all these tender times and knowing how much his daughter will miss hurt me to watch even more...

I realize that HJ believes she is doing whats best for DY in separating herself from him but it's hard to watch the destruction that is happening around that idea.  Seeing her Mom die had an effect on her but I think it's more about those very words he considered simply joking with her but not so much in her mind which placed a doubt there that even time couldn't cover up...

I will be honest about one thing seeing DY in the preview makes me nervous maybe because of my own ideas about what marriage is.  My fears in seeing his weakness which I really hope doesn't come.  I maybe saying to much but to me a marriage without trust is no marriage at all.  That after living with someone for so long I believe above all others you would know their heart better than anyone.  That no matter what words would be coming out of their mouth you wouldn't believe it or be able to give up without a fight and seeking out and understanding why.  What does disappoint me is that he hasn't yet thought of her being sick even though they have lived under that fear from they moment the met.  Don't get me wrong I know what she told him in the beginning that her health was good but still if I was him knowing her odd behavior and how unlike her this was

I would have headed to her doctor right away...

DH is plumb wearing me out, her behavior is making me sick to the point that I almost can't stand watching her which is amazing credit to Yoo In Young in playing her role so well that she brings out the worst in me.  I don't think she has a child because she said it herself she would have used that a long time ago at least that's what I think.  I truly hope we are able to see this character suffer with regret when finding out her so called revenge and need for a man she tries to force to love her.  Punished an innocent woman whose only fault was being loved by the man she wanted...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_OPW5r9YItq2m7V5oXpGgiphy.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7MoO21uUYOMnT5f3PFH1

How can it be true...  That deep down I was always right about you...

I won't lie today's episodes hurt my heart...:bawling:

It's one thing for a wife to have doubts but it's another thing to have those doubts become reality.  Some might say that HJ pushed DY towards DH in the way she acted in his defense.  Yet I guess what broke my heart was seeing DY looking up at DH's place and then instead of turning around which I believe he should have done period!  He knocked on her door and the rest is history.  I may just be an old fashioned country girl but him sleeping with her wouldn't make any difference to me.  For trust isn't broken just in the physical it can also be broken in the mind and heart which I believe he already admitted to have two women in his heart. The very fact that he went there knowing DH's words, ideas, plans and revenge placed him in a no win situation...

That was a bit hard for me to accept maybe it is because HJ is so sick and I won't lie watching her listening first to DY's call on the steps and then receiving the suit that DH so kindly sent her way.  Which really was about as low as DH could go!!!  I would have burnt it too but I wouldn't have done it in silence!!!  COURAGE I think HJ is filled with it and how in this world she can continue to love DY is honestly beyond me.  I'm not saying he doesn't love her, he just should have loved her enough to protect not only their relationship but her heart as well.  He knew she would know even if she hadn't overheard the conversation or received the suit she would have seen it in him alone.  That's what DH will never have or be able to understand.  When someone really falls in love it's not about them any longer its about the person you love.  HJ loves DY more than DH ever could.  You see money and power cannot buy sacrificial love for that willingness can only come to those who love more than themselves...

It's kind of odd this feeling that maybe that life saving doctor as much as I hate to say it would and could give HJ a love she deserves as much as I want to see HJ & DY find their way back.  But right now what I really want to see is HJ being saved and having the kind of life she never had.  One without fear believing and living a miracle courageous and free...:heart:

11 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

How can it be true...  That deep down I was always right about you...

I won't lie today's episodes hurt my heart...:bawling:

It's one thing for a wife to have doubts but it's another thing to have those doubts become reality.  Some might say that HJ pushed DY towards DH in the way she acted in his defense.  Yet I guess what broke my heart was seeing DY looking up at DH's place and then instead of turning around which I believe he should have done period!  He knocked on her door and the rest is history.  I may just be an old fashioned country girl but him sleeping with her wouldn't make any difference to me.  For trust isn't broken just in the physical it can also be broken in the mind and heart which I believe he already admitted to have two women in his heart. The very fact that he went there knowing DH's words, ideas, plans and revenge placed him in a no win situation...

That was a bit hard for me to accept maybe it is because HJ is so sick and I won't lie watching her listening first to DY's call on the steps and then receiving the suit that DH so kindly sent her way.  Which really was about as low as DH could go!!!  I would have burnt it too but I wouldn't have done it in silence!!!  COURAGE I think HJ is filled with it and how in this world she can continue to love DY is honestly beyond me.  I'm not saying he doesn't love her, he just should have loved her enough to protect not only their relationship but her heart as well.  He knew she would know even if she hadn't overheard the conversation or received the suit she would have seen it in him alone.  That's what DH will never have or be able to understand.  When someone really falls in love it's not about them any longer its about the person you love.  HJ loves DY more than DH ever could.  You see money and power cannot buy sacrificial love for that willingness can only come to those who love more than themselves...

It's kind of odd this feeling that maybe that life saving doctor as much as I hate to say it would and could give HJ a love she deserves as much as I want to see HJ & DY find their way back.  But right now what I really want to see is HJ being saved and having the kind of life she never had.  One without fear believing and living a miracle courageous and free...:heart:

Hi @USAFarmgirl, I just started this drama and was happy to see you here.  I always love your perspective on things.  I feel the same way.  Watching episode 7 was almost too much for me and seeing the preview where he betrays HJ more than once makes it even harder to watch.  My heart hurt so much.  Deep down, I think HJ may be wanting DY to show how much he really does love her by being there for her and holding her tight even though she told him she doesn't love him anymore.  If he really loved her, he should be questioning why and what is actually going on, not going out and getting drunk and ending up in bed with his previous lover.  I am also an old fashioned country girl and I don't think I could forgive him for his betrayal even though HJ told him to let her go.   He gave up way to easy for me to understand.  For 10 years HJ has wondered whether he truly loved her and she asked him several times in the first episode why he married her.  He never answered her either time.  Then when she confronted him and told him he married her out of pity, he said he was joking.  I feel like HJ, I don't think that is something I would ever forget either. I also think I may be rooting for the doctor to make her happy since I am already disappointed in DY. I plan to continue to watch but I will take it slowly so I don't have to wait from week to week since it may just be to hard on my heart seeing her suffer through the betrayal and dying process.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpWPKgGI6kEJg0HC-09rwLets-Hold-Hands-Tightly-and-Watch-The-Suimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXWOl-sXizzYhzQQhVEqt

@Pam_Van Fossen Thank you for your truly kind words and it would seem we are kindred spirits and I too am glad you're here.:wub:

I think a woman in love no matter who she is can handle a lot of things but not the presence of another woman between.  I know this is a small thing but I loved when HJ said give me your suit I will send it to the cleaners knowing it was black ash laying in their grill.  He can't hide from her for there is no way to cover up what she can clearly see.  Yet I think what I love about her is that she is opposite of myself in that she isn't striking out at him or even yelling it's as if she expected it and that hurts me even more...

To say that I am disappointed in DY is an understatement but he will soon learn what's really going on.  But at this point I don't think she will nor would most women all him to stay beside her.  You're right the next few weeks may be hard to watch and as you can see there isn't a large crowd here either.  Yet I often think it's those dramas with small crowds and  that are hard to watch or even finish that allow us to not only learn but I think to reflect on life itself.  My Dad use to say what ever you start. Have the courage and strength to finish it!   I think this one may take all the courage I have :crazy:  Lets do this together and lift one another up!!!  :w00t::heart:

Personally, I had to take a break after finishing episode 6. I had to keep asking myself if I'm up to this. I expected DY to do this but it still breaks my heart. I think he's been struggling with himself since his ex came back in the picture. IMO DY is a very weak person, easy prey. That HJ isn't secure in his love for her is all the more reason for her to seek solace somewhere else. If there is a chance for her to live, she wouldn't be able to do it if she stayed with her husband. The constant doubt, insecurity, and hopelessness that she feels now would not allow the possibility of recovery. 

I sure will, it is great to have others to share our thoughts with.  I seem to be drawn to the difficult dramas which make you go through all the different emotions.  That is why I love kdramas.  I started watching about 6 years ago but didn't know about soompi forums until I watched I Have a Lover and felt so emotional that I was searching for any and all information available looking for glimpses of what was going to happen, while waiting for the next episode.  That is the first drama that I felt that way about.  

I am afraid that once DY finds out HJ is dying that he will try to be there for her but she won't believe he is sincere in his caring for her.  I know with what HJ knows already about him and DH she will find it hard to be with him.  I will definitely finish the drama, and will probably cry many many tears for HJ.  

After the two episodes today, I am feeling so sad.  I must have cried a river seeing HJ and SB together and not knowing for sure if SB will have the tumor or not but she probably will.  HJ wanting the doctor to come up with a cure, not for herself but for her daughter.  I am still not happy with DY, who is fighting the divorce (halfheartedly) but does not seem to be willing to give up on Connie Shin.  He says he goes there to tell her he is quitting and wants out of the contract but is unable to do it once he sees her.  He is torn between the love of two women.  He still has not answered HJ's question as to why he married her.  We do find out that she was pregnant and that is probably why he chose HJ, imo.  He is such a weak character, so it makes me wonder if he would ever be able to make a choice in anything that matters.  I know HJ is at fault for not telling him truthfully what is going on but she has much more serious issues to deal with right now.  She wants to know that someone truly loves her and to be able to experience that love before she dies.  She loves DY so much but has never really felt that he loved her back.  He treated her well but evidently didn't show her what she really means to him during the years they were married, otherwise she would feel more secure and not feel the need to find a new exciting love before she dies.  

My opinion of DH is that DY left her years ago and she needs to move on.  Coming back into his life now and doing the things she is doing is disgusting.  Also, how does she know that he was with his wife and carried her up the steps and slept in his car in front of her house, then ate breakfast with her and went to court.  Is someone telling her all this or is she having him followed??  Sending clothes to his office for him, as if he doesn't have any of his own.  She wants to make him her man and someone who is worthy of being stolen.  Not one care for his wife and daughter who may be destroyed by her actions.  She is selfish, mean, and manipulating.  I don't like the character and don't like the actress.  I have seen her in other dramas and she is always the one who is trying to get someone else's man.  She may have had him first but that doesn't mean she should have him now.

HJ's father is a great man.  I like his character and also the actor who always plays a good person.  While talking to DY he told him, he was dull witted.  He also asked him is he was a person who had their clothes couriered to the house.  That should have made DY realize just how spiteful DH is.  Maybe he did realize it and is just to weak of a man to follow through with his decisions to end it with her.  I don't understand how he can be so stubborn about his designs and work, but can't be that way in his personal life..    Sorry to say this but I would rather he was the one with the brain tumor and dying.  I know HJ would stay with him and take care of him and love him until the end.  

Archived