[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

6 minutes ago, penforella said:

Since I don't understand the dialogue my opinion is purely based on visual observation.

I don't think MM ever really blamed WJ for her father's death, based on who she is, I would say she blame herself. Her anger towards WJ would be because after all that happened he still won't walk away and even over himself up when she wanted to get revenge.

In the past she also tried time and time again to give up on WJ but everytime she saw a glimpse of hope she didn't. The fact that WJ shows up in front of her is a testament for her that he's keeping on his promise to come back to her and that he's finally free. 

Indeed! 

In normal couple relationships, its not easy to maintain long distance relationships, not to mention that its even tougher if you did not see each other for years. There are plenty of uncertainty. What If she does not forgive, what if she is married to someone else, what if she is not alive Anymore... So many what if, but it does not stop him from looking for her without definite address.... I would definitely forgive if its me. 

• Like 1

Joseph is too young to be LHC I think, he doesn't has that elder brother look yet:sweatingbullets:

I think Yukee wants to play as the woman that got chased by the man rather than keep playing the character that keep chasing after her love interest, hahaha, so no RYY please. Did she always play as a character that chase after her love interest? I never really watch her other tv series

38 minutes ago, penforella said:

Btw I'm super curious on whatever happened to the pearl and gold hairpin that MM gifted to WJ. Anyone can help shed some light? Has it mentioned anywhere?

Sad to say it was never mentioned again.  I was hoping he had it with him all the time like the gold box.  So after he threw the box away he still have the gold hairpin to yearning for MM when he missed her.:dissapointed:

2 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Sad to say it was never mentioned again.  I was hoping he had it with him all the time like the gold box.  So after he threw the box away he still have the gold hairpin to yearning for MM when he missed her.:dissapointed:

Hahahaa.. its just weird that it disappeared like that. I was half expecting after WJ threw away the box that he would pull out the hairpin and happy that he still have it :D

11 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Just like MM threw the wooden hairpin back at WJ when she left but no mention of the wooden box.  I imagine she kept that with her during their time apart (I don't care, if they didn't show her throwing it out that means she kept it, haha:lol:)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Joseph is too young to be LHC I think, he doesn't has that elder brother look yet:sweatingbullets:

I think Yukee wants to play as the woman that got chased by the man rather than keep playing the character that keep chasing after her love interest, hahaha, so no RYY please. Did she always play as a character that chase after her love interest? I never really watch her other tv series

Now that I think about it, she does do all the chasing. I didn't watch AOL but I know she did the chasing too and same with Princess Wei Young. Next drama, hopefully she gets chased. 

• LOL 2

Fan made the video, Lol...WJ called MM 68 times total, I think this WJ break all records.  I truly believed this version WJ  loves MM as much as MM loves him by the end of the series.  That's why he never give up looking for her and she never give up waiting for him.  That was a heat of the moment when she said she doesn't want him anymore.  hahaha...

• Like 3

Actually both sides lost their families and loved ones. Come to think of it, based on their maturity level, they should know that they must cherish those that are still alive. They only have each other left now. This explain why minmin forgive him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

I actually haven’t watched any to be honest. Idk why it never interests me. I did, however, saw a few clips of the version with Ariel Lin. But that didn’t really pressed me on to watch the series. Yeah I don’t really like the actress who plays in the LOCH 2017 version either. I know she’s a pretty popular actress too but nope. Can’t get into any of her dramas so I’ll pass this one. It’s okay. I’m still hung up on this drama. So I probably won’t be able to enjoy anything for awhile. :lol:

I actually highly recommend LOCH '17. It's quite loyal to the book, and is very fresh and youthful. One of the better versions of this story.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Actually both sides lost their families and loved ones. Come to think of it, based on their maturity level, they should know that they must cherish those that are still alive. They only have each other left now. This explain why minmin forgive him

Im sure MinMin was just so angry at the moment because deep inside she loves him so much and during her father's death, she was emotional. Anyone would have felt and acted the same. The more you love, the more painful you feel. Later, I'm sure Minmin would forgive WJ long time ago, but just missed him so much. WJ loves Minmin that's why he got angry and hate ZM for thinking that ZM killed his cousin. WJ doesn't hate ZR later when he found out the truth. hix.

I miss this drama, gonna rewatch some of the episodes. :tears: 

• Like 1

I rewatch the lu liu manor last night all the way up to snake island. Somehow i nearly forgot their childlike expression until i rewatch again. Suddenly feel that their portrayal of wj minmin are amazing. From two little kids, they became matured adults 

29 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Fan made the video, Lol...WJ called MM 68 times total, I think this WJ break all records.  I truly believed this version WJ  loves MM as much as MM loves him by the end of the series.  That's why he never give up looking for her and she never give up waiting for him.  That was a heat of the moment when she said she doesn't want him anymore.  hahaha...

The first time WJ called MM was on snake island if I'm not mistaken and she wasn't there to witness it.

I love how after he checked on his yifu he headed outside to checked on his MM. He just happened to catch on YL on the corner of his eyes, but his first thought was definitely on his MM. :wub:

4 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

I couldn't find the link to watch Cantonese version of the drama...the TVB one...Does anyone still have it?

On 4/17/2019 at 6:43 AM, LaurenPanna said:

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, penforella said:

Btw I'm super curious on whatever happened to the pearl and gold hairpin that MM gifted to WJ. Anyone can help shed some light? Has it mentioned anywhere?

Actually you can rewatch ending part eps 26, the hairpin is broken because inside are the instructions about the medicine for 3rd and 6th uncle. The ointment is in some layer inside the box so ZWJ only kept the box because the box is in good condition.

4 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

Idk why but one of my favorite scene is when FY told WJ about the plan and that it involved ZM and when FY mentioned ZM's name, WJ's facial expression was gold. 

Me too, his face and shoulder just fell down. He thought he had forgotten the girl but as someone mentioned her name he just helplessly in love again. We can't find this in other version. Joseph acting is very good.

• Like 1

Definitely everyone has their own preferences, some might like whichever version while others don't. It's expected :D

For me, this version surpassed 86. So,  my lists of favorite HSDS now: (1) 2019, (2) 1986, (3) 2000, (4) 2009 (uugh,  I was so excited when I heard the 2009 version as I quite like Deng Chao.  But the editing and the ending ruined it for me.  Ady An is good as ZM though.

My favorite ZM: (1) this version sliiiightly more than Gigi Lai.  (1.5) Gigi Lai (2) Ady An. (3) Kitty Lai. 

My favorite WJ: (1) this version,  (2) Tony Leung. (3) Deng Chao. I also enjoyed Lawrence portrayal but he lack some charisma,  I guess ^_^

Now,  regarding ZM that seems to be out of character, I think this version did good job to portray both the strong and weak sides of ZM and WJ. Sure it seems like it's out of characters since they are mostly portrayed as strong characters in previous versions with less display of weaknesses, but I feel that it is not really realistic to always be strong,  especially in the midst of situations they are facing. They are human,  but most importantly, they are still young people thrust into all the conflicts.

When I was young,  I associated strong with never shed a tear, never show desperation, and even never make mistake, but I guess now that I am older, and 10 years have passed since the last adaptation,  I changed a lot of POVs,  including what it meant to be strong.  ZM is an example: she's strong,  no denying that.  She command her crew with confidence, wit, and she can foil Ming members plan with calculative shrewdness,  but when it comes to her loved ones,  she can cry,  she can be desperate. But it is the fact that she didn't give up that easily is the strength that I like in this version ZM. 

I am not sure if her holding it against WJ at the finale would be better,  but they have been through a lot,  and it is indeed a lot, of hardships and sufferings. Long separation with no knowledge of how their loved others are doing is among the worst worst things to go through. They cannot move on, and they cannot stop wondering :tears:. Emotional turmoil is among the worst,  sometimes even worst than physical hardship. In this case, WJ didn't know where or how ZM is,  whether she is waiting for him. He is taking a huge risk travelling with such uncertainties, and their partings are not a happy one either. Not including the possibilities that his journey will end in extreme heartbreak.  Similarly,  ZM,  I presume, might not know if WJ survive the war,  or if he can ever extricate himself from the struggles and from his Ming sect responsibility. I guess these tortures, even though they are not directly shown or spelt out,  are enough for me-_-

Sure this version dwell more on the melodramatic sides,  but it doesn't change the fact, at least for me,  that ZM,  and even WJ are two strong people who shouldered their fates heads-on. They stumble and fall, but most importantly,  they stand back up and march ahead. They even made mistakes as they are not perfect,  but I feel it is part of their journey to grow up, to truly know what their hearts really want without just throwing away their responsibilities.

But I understand that everyone has their own preferences and that's perfectly fine. Peace all :D

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I'm rewatching ep 43 and just amazed how WJ actually fought ZR to protect ZM...lol...who could fight back against your bride if he's truly ...lovely ..willingly to marry her? True, he might not want ZR to hurt ZM even if he doesn't love ZM, but from how I saw it from that episode, WJ was thankful to ZM to be there on time to stop him. :w00t:

• Like 1