Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Best hug also :wub:

They have so many good hugs here. Substitute for the lack of kisses. :kiss_closed:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, takeu2themoon said:

I still find that WJ doesn't deserve ZM's love. For him she sacrificed even her life, and now her father's, and he still chose that hero wannabe villains over her. He didn't love her as much to go with her. What if he couldn't find her? What if she give up of her love for him and hid away forever? I want to see him a little more tortured, I mean, he has to learn one lesson or two, right? 

It broke my heart when WJ took responsibility and wanted to be killed in ZYZ place. It reflected that he cared so little about her grieve and didn't understand how her feeling was. She blamed herself for her father's death. So I can't make myself believe the ending like this according to ZM's personality. I mean, whenever you feel guilty that your love for a guy makes your father die can you still be with him in this life time? Okay you may forgive him but I don't think you can forgive yourself so easily.

Me too, I love the HE, but I don't think the assassination plot is a good move to lead us there. 

Ming Sect was a mess and  WJ wasn't a good choice for the leader. He was not determinded and was too kind. ZYZ wronged him again and again and WJ let him loose very easily. He plotted behind WJ back, guilty as a subordinate. He used ZM love for WJ, as a person. Yet, he still protected that ZYZ. ZM was right that Ming Sect people just wanted to use his fame, and they did not listen to him. I wished, last night when i saw this scene, him realize himself that everything ZM had said was right.

I don't like this WJ, but I love this actor.

This HSDS's only good is ZM.

I love HEs but please don't make my ZM looks this easy.

 

yeah i get where you are coming from.

any normal Woman would not easily forgive.

It shows that ZM really love him so much.

I think ZM will follow through things that she said, and will not break her own promise to herself. But yesterday episode, she told him that She don't want him anymore, and she will follow through whatever she said. In the end, she did not, and accepted him back. I guess that is because WJ really search for her for YEARS , and it is such a long time that time heal part of the wounds that render ZM to be so forgiving. And that she really love him too much. She also know that it was not WJ's plan in the first place to get her dad killed.  But true that, i also expect last part to be not so easy. I expect the reunion to hold more details before ended off with horse riding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4362347579547151

 

Can't stop watching this!! The wedding scene. 

 

Wuji even let out a relief heave of sigh!! 

Clearly can't hide his happiness and shyness 

Totally different smiles on his face than when he was going to get married with ZZR. You can see that he very happy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, takeu2themoon said:

I still find that WJ doesn't deserve ZM's love. For him she sacrificed even her life, and now her father's, and he still chose that hero wannabe villains over her. He didn't love her as much to go with her. What if he couldn't find her? What if she give up of her love for him and hid away forever? I want to see him a little more tortured, I mean, he has to learn one lesson or two, right? 

It broke my heart when WJ took responsibility and wanted to be killed in ZYZ place. It reflected that he cared so little about her grieve and didn't understand how her feeling was. She blamed herself for her father's death. So I can't make myself believe the ending like this according to ZM's personality. I mean, whenever you feel guilty that your love for a guy makes your father die can you still be with him in this life time? Okay you may forgive him but I don't think you can forgive yourself so easily.

Me too, I love the HE, but I don't think the assassination plot is a good move to lead us there. 

Ming Sect was a mess and  WJ wasn't a good choice for the leader. He was not determinded and was too kind. ZYZ wronged him again and again and WJ let him loose very easily. He plotted behind WJ back, guilty as a subordinate. He used ZM love for WJ, as a person. Yet, he still protected that ZYZ. ZM was right that Ming Sect people just wanted to use his fame, and they did not listen to him. I wished, last night when i saw this scene, him realize himself that everything ZM had said was right.

I don't like this WJ, but I love this actor.

This HSDS's only good is ZM.

I love HEs but please don't make my ZM looks this easy.

 

Same - I love a happy ending too, but too much happened beforehand made it less satisfying.  ZM's father's assassination kept reminding me of what WJ had told to her after they reunited after Snake Island  - that it was impossible for them to be together.  He said that one day he, her brother and father will one day battle.  If it is not they who die, it will be him.  If he killed her father, would she be able to be with her father's killer?  Would be she happy??  She covered her ears and didn't want to hear it, but WJ told her it was reality, but she didn't want to accept it.  So WJ's actions following her father's death made me wonder if WJ was actually right.  I know it is not WJ who killed her father, but his death is still related to him because of Ming sect and the revolution.  He made the situation even worse when he was willing to take responsibility in place of ZYZ.  I mean what a slap in the face for a already grieving ZM.  Then she asked him one last time if he was going to leave with her and he still couldn't do it.  I understand that the WJ's character is supposed to be muddle-headed by all his responsibilities, but it was way over done at the end.  So yeah...I agree that this version of the reunion was way too easy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

c728e9c8ly1g26oxa5480j20o01i0n1l.jpg

 

c728e9c8ly1g26ox9g7tzj20o00r0taq.jpg

 

Both husband and wife are best match at breaking own promises

 

Lol

Yes, where he said this life I don’t want to be with you. I don’t care about you dead or a live. Lol

not too long later already called her MinMin non stop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that some think that it was easy for WJ-MinMin to be reunited at the end. But we all know that they must be apart for many many years. You can tell how much MinMin love WJ when she said “take that long to find her” she probably wait for him for a long time too. When she turn around to look at WJ, tear drop on her eyes said it all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Anybody knows how the c-netizen reaction to the ending?

 

I read that there are many complaints from the C-netizen.

 

But I do not agree with them.

 

Those who praised , some wrote very long articles to comment on the good parts of the show.

 

Do you guys feel abit of lost and not knowing what to do after this drama ends?

I don't feel like starting new drama.

Or maybe i should start to watch the Cantonese version.

Or just re-watching my favorite scene non stop

 

Or waiting for Fanfiction to continue WJ-Minmin story after they reunited in Mongol (Or i can try writing this fanfic myself, oooops)

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

 

yeah i get where you are coming from.

any normal Woman would not easily forgive.

It shows that ZM really love him so much.

I think ZM will follow through things that she said, and will not break her own promise to herself. But yesterday episode, she told him that She don't want him anymore, and she will follow through whatever she said. In the end, she did not, and accepted him back. I guess that is because WJ really search for her for YEARS , and it is such a long time that time heal part of the wounds that render ZM to be so forgiving. And that she really love him too much. She also know that it was not WJ's plan in the first place to get her dad killed.  But true that, i also expect last part to be not so easy. I expect the reunion to hold more details before ended off with horse riding.

 

That is why what mothers say to her daughters that "to be with a guy who love you more than you love him" will never be outdated. ha ha.

I would tell mine that "if a guy like WJ comes to you and you love him as much as ZM love WJ, RUN!!!

Seriously, he unnecessarily burdened himself with too many responsibilities. I guess his kind heart would drag ZM into so many many troubles after their reunion, this HE might not as sweet as it seems.

 

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Same - I love a happy ending too, but too much happened beforehand made it less satisfying.  ZM's father's assassination kept reminding me of what WJ had told to her after they reunited after Snake Island  - that it was impossible for them to be together.  He said that one day he, her brother and father will one day battle.  If it is not they who die, it will be him.  If he killed her father, would she be able to be with her father's killer?  Would be she happy??  She covered her ears and didn't want to hear it, but WJ told her it was reality, but she didn't want to accept it.  So WJ's actions following her father's death made me wonder if WJ was actually right.  I know it is not WJ who killed her father, but his death is still related to him because of Ming sect and the revolution.  He made the situation even worse when he was willing to take responsibility in place of ZYZ.  I mean what a slap in the face for a already grieving ZM.  Then she asked him one last time if he was going to leave with her and he still couldn't do it.  I understand that the WJ's character is supposed to be muddle-headed by all his responsibilities, but it was way over done at the end.  So yeah...I agree that this version of the reunion was way too easy. 

 

Yes, I remember that was the only scene that I felt ZM annoying.

I think if they insisted on with the assassination plot they should have add very much more details for the resolution, didn't have to be sweet scenes, but must be reasonable, I mean, you had the heroin's father killed before her, and this is Wuxia after all, it's not supposed to be easy, right? 4-5 minutes is impossible.

 

BTW, I think I haven't heard WJ tell ZM he love her. Ungrateful little rascal!! 

Please tell me if I missed it.

I still love Joseph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@takeu2themoon hi, i totally get why you annoyed by how ZWJ got ZM love easily but i must tell this version adapted their love story much much better compared to previous ones. Joseph acting makes better ZWJ unlike the novel, you can check his expression when dealing with ZM, they are much different with other girls. 

Wait another adaptation comes, the OTP might get naughtier, 10 years from now they will not give us just one kiss. Who knows....:kiss_wink:

 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found another Well-written Weibo Article, Credit to this Weibo Writer

My Personal Lousy Translation is in English.

For those who read Chinese, feel free to correct me.

 

 

今晚忌敏之间这两集我最喜欢的细节有四个

 

 

I will talk about the 4 parts of the last 2 episodes that I really like:

 

第一个,就是张无忌在河边放船灯时赵敏站在他身后叹息了一声,他立刻就察觉到了,这点其实很言情小说,但不妨碍它戳我。试想,一个人要多了解另外一个人才能仅凭一声咳嗽就认出来对方,这点足以证明张无忌对赵敏的了解和在乎

 

 

First – from The sound of sigh that Zhao min make, ZWJ immediately sense her presence. This is like what you usually see in Love novels but it touched me. It shows how much he understand Minmin and the strong connection between them. It also show how much he care for her.

 

 

第二个,就是他俩一起写船灯那幕,相见不相识,唯一能做的就是靠你靠得近一些然后和你做着一样的事,不知道怎么具体形容这段的感受,就是看到无忌写一句敏敏就照着写一句那幕真的太让我觉得心动美好了

 

 

Second – The scene in which both of them wrote wishes on the lantern boat, side by side, without acknowledging each other. Love is, being near you, doing the same thing that you do. This feeling is indescribable. Minmin followed every word that WJ wrote on the lantern boat. This little gesture touches me.

 

第三个,就是敏敏说完还说常伴左右,都相见不相认了无忌咚的一下开门进来,我觉得剧里张无忌这个行为真的帅爆了,谁说我认不出你,只要你出现,我就一定能找到你,那句是你不来相认让人听来不是埋怨而是委屈,回头想想,这版张无忌的霸气和凌厉基本都是为赵敏或者因为赵敏爆发的,只要不涉及赵敏切身安全和利益他可以其他人永远都是一副你说得对,没关系的老好人的模样,比如因为汝阳王被算计而对明教众人发火那段,当然这也有他认为他们的行为违背了侠义之道的缘故,但就这版他的傀儡教主人设来说,我觉得能让他对着他们发这么大火也就只有与赵敏有关的事了

 

 

Third – WJ broke into the room after Minmin mumble those words. In this scene, WJ is so handsome. His expression seem to be telling her that “As long as you appear, I will definitely feel your presence and found you, no matter how well you hide yourself from me” . He said to her : “ it is you who do not want to acknowledge me” – this sentence sound more hurt than angry.

Come to think of it, Every strong emotion that WJ displayed arises because of Minmin, and only Minmin. As long as things does not threatened Minmin’s life and well-being, he will always be a yes man in front of others.

For example, after RYW’s death, he reprimanded the Sect members, Not only because their action make him look like a villain but it is totally because of the hurt that Minmin suffered as a results of RYW’s death.

 

第四个,就是赵敏那句当初我义无反顾要跟你,如今,我也可以义无反顾地不要你且不说她做没做到,单就这个台词我很喜欢,我觉得这就是原著赵敏的感情观,你值得我喜欢时我甘愿为你舍弃一切,你不值得时我也可以彻底放手

最后再说说我对这两集的逻辑看法,其实最后两集就我观感来说的话我并不觉得有什么大的硬伤,当然这是建立不把它当做倚天屠龙记的基础上来看的。

 

 

Fourth – Minmin said “I can let go of everything to be with you in the past. Now, I can also leave you without any consideration.”

I love this sentence. Because this clearly reflect Zhao Min (in the original novel)’s characteristics and how she handle Love relationship.

If I think that you are worthwhile of my love, I can give up everything for you.

If you are not worth my time and effort, I will let go and never turn back.

In my opinion, there is nothing much to criticize about this version of HSDS at all.

 

可以看的出这两集赵敏的智商非常在线,无论是她对明教众人的态度还是秒破朱老四的算盘,她都可以说聪明,首先当张无忌傻乎乎以为众人只是单纯同意他和赵敏成亲时,赵敏却表现出了本剧中她鲜有的理智乐观,几乎是一眼就识破了朱老四的鬼魅伎俩,并且提醒张无忌提防朱老四,而后当张无忌再次傻乎乎把一切都承担到自己身上时,赵敏再次血淋淋地把事实给他撕开,道明他们利用他威望的用心和目的。

 

 

In these 2 episodes, one could see that Zhao Min is indeed a very smart and wise lady. She manage to expose the ploy behind every words and action of Ming Sect members.

While ZWJ happily thought that everyone is sincerely wishing them with marital bliss, she stay calm and rationale, and even warned ZWJ about ZYZ’s scheming acts.

Even when ZWJ foolishly put the blame of RYW’s death on himself, she tell him the hard truth that the Sect members are just making use of his fame and reputation.

 

然后就是赵敏对张无忌的态度转变,我觉得挺正常的(顶锅盖[可爱])。首先从他俩重逢以后,赵敏就一直强调他俩现在不能在一块,被朱老四请回元帅时她其实是不情愿的(九宫格限制,动图我放评论区),包括她和朱老四以及范遥的对话,都是客气中带着疏离冷漠,在顺承后面她对朱老四这个人物以及明教众人的评价,她其实对张无忌身边的人的心思已经一清二楚了,但是她清楚张无忌不清楚啊,所以她担心,她再三告诫。关于汝阳王被朱老四设计乱箭穿心而死这件事我觉得她从始至终都没怪到张无忌头上,因为她如果怪他,她报仇不会直奔朱老四而去,更不会执意要张无忌跟她走。她让他跟他走在我看来不是她在耍脾气或者儿女情长,而是她不想张无忌再被这样一群只会利用他算计他把他当傀儡的人围绕,因为近墨者黑,她不确定她不在身旁的时候张无忌会不会被这群人熏黑,彻底为权势所累,失去仁心,所以她最后说你怎么才来,有抱怨但也有彻底的放心

 

 

Since they reunited, Zhao Min has been emphasizing that both of them cannot be together and she need to go back to Mongolia.

She is not willing to go back with WJ (at ZYZ’s request) but she did.

The way she speak to ZYZ and FY, the tone is cold and aloof. She is very clear minded on the thoughts they harbor. But WJ is not aware , so she is worried and repeatedly warn him about them.

She did not blame WJ for RYW’s death, which is why she only went straight to ZYZ for an attempted revenge. She did not insist WJ to leave with her either.

When WJ look for her, she challenge WJ to leave with her, because she did not want WJ to be used or do in by these unscrupulous group of people.

It is also because She is unsure whether WJ will be influenced by them to pursue fame and power even if he did not want it.

Precisely, this is the reason why when they finally reunited in Mongolia, that she said to him “Why are you so late to look for me”  - this sound like she is grumbling but the fact is, she is relieved that WJ is safe and sound.

 

 

还想先说说今晚除主角外给我感触最大的一个人物——蛛儿,如果说整部剧还有谁的人设没崩甚至还有点点拔高的话,我选杨逍和蛛儿,杨逍我就不多说了,主要说说蛛儿。这部剧虽然对蛛儿着墨不多,但很有可看性,她善良,却不圣母;她执着,却也懂得成全,那句无论如何,我都会选当年的张无忌做丈夫和现在疼我爱我的父亲做爹真的是又心酸满足又通透豁达,她清楚自己惦念的是当年的张无忌,喜欢的是后来的曾阿牛,但当看到自己一直念念不忘的那个人有了真正喜欢的女子,她又舍得成全,这种豁达大气真的不是一般女子能有的,就电视剧里的张无忌来说,如果他没有遇到电视剧里的赵敏,那我希望他和蛛儿在一起,她真的太好了,好到我觉得她足以匹配任何男子,最后那含泪释然一笑太戳我心窝子了

 

 

Another person who touched me, is Zhu Er. I am impressed with Yang xiao and Zhu er the most. But I will only talk about Zhu Er now.

She doesn’t have plenty of screentime. She is kind though not very noble, yet she stubbornly hold on and at the same time, she know how to let go.

She is very sure that the person she misses is the young ZWJ, and the person she likes is Zeng Ah Niu.

However, Seeing that the person she missed and loved now found his true love, she is willing to let go and wish them well.

This is not something any woman can achieve.

IF Zhao Min does not exist, I hope ZWJ can be together with Zhu Er.

I really like how this character is set out to be.

Her final Teary smile at the last episode, truly touches me.

 

以上,大概就是我看剧的感受了,最后想谢谢一个人,虽然我不知道他(她)是谁,感谢你在这彻底放飞和毁人设的剧情还保留和原创了部分赵敏的高光时刻

 

 

Lastly I want to thank the person who change the story but kept the essence of the characters of this novel.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, takeu2themoon said:

.

 

BTW, I think I haven't heard WJ tell ZM he love her. Ungrateful little rascal!! 

Please tell me if I missed it.

I still love Joseph.

Check the KISS on eps 44. It's ZWJ love declaration. Probably not the one you want but compared to last adaptations this is GOLD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this

Can see the forehead kissing clearly now 

 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4362471961906011

 

Still interested in a wedding? Haha 

See this:

 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4362407147628119

 

These NG funny shots are too funny not to share 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4362378550216758

 

Am really loving the below MV

It summarise everything nicely 

From the different names they call each other, old hairpin, new hairpin, all the various times that he protected her

 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4362395973747287

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I somewhat agree that WJ should express his love toward MM more,  but in the last few episodes, he has stepped up the game.  Going against his own uncle after his own grandpa died,  going against the rest of his members, he even going against the members of the 6 sects to defend her. It speaks volume of his feeling toward ZM.

 

This might sound cruel,  but l somewhat glad that this version make him go through the heartbreaks and disappointments  and longing before he can finally be with his MM.  Through it all,  he can finally learn how precious she is for him and it truly emphasis the strength of his feeling toward her. I kinda thought previous versions should have amped up the "evidence" that he truly love ZM,  and this version did). 

 

Thank you again Lauren for the wonderful post and translation.  Spot on and I agree with the POV. 

 

To defend WJ a bit ^_^

Spoiler

I feel like ZM herself know that ZYZ was behind the plot not WJ,  hence her anger was mainly targeted toward the culprit. However,  It's WJ reluctance to let her punish the culprit that break her heart and push her to let him go. A brave move that I admire on her part.

 

 It sets me up thinking, perhaps his reluctance make her feel or even fear like she's losing the WJ that could not care less about the throne. She's been risking everything for this WJ. Yet, what she saw at that moment was someone that keep sticking up with those who only use him, all to achieve the goal of overthrowing the dynasty. Perhaps she started to think whether she's losing her old WJ?  Although I cannot totally blame her for being extremely dissapointed with him.   

 

However,  i have been thinking about WJ action of preventing MM from killing ZYZ: i think from WJ's pov,  This is not because he doesn't love her enough, but I feel he cannot just let her do that. They are at the crucial part of their fight against their enemies. No matter how much he wanted to protect her,  there is still this duty that is larger than just him and her.  It's related to the fights of his people. Besides, she is in the Ming headquarter. Those members have already wanted to kill her.  They don't need another reason to kill her right then and there. He needs to think with his head, not his heart. This is one reason why I personally love the portrayals of WJ and ZM in this version. At least in my opinion, They can use their feeling,  but they also know how to use their rationale most of the time. 

 

He is willing to give his life if it can help assuage her thirst for revenge, her hatred. I think this is the only thing he can do at this moment. To protect her and to ensure the fights didn't stop. I might be wrong,  but ZYZ has experiences and power over the Ming armies,  so they need him (I might be wrong though)

 

It would be nice to have longer epilogue but I think this ending work too.  At the end,  the fact that WJ was standing in front of her, with his old hair style and simple attire, hair on a bun just like the WJ she first met, the young man who has shared the same youthful dreams with her,  has explained everything for her: He has done what he needs to do,  and he has also given up everything: throne,  power, to find her.  This is the WJ that she has been risking everything for,  the one she thought she lost when she let him go some time back. They both have lost so much: she lost her father and her brother might or might not forgive her (my guess), while he lost his grandpa,  his yifu. It is a great relief if they can let go and finally treasure each other peacefully.

 

Sorry, I might think and look into things too much. Hence the long and winding posts:sweatingbullets:.  I just love HSDS among all wuxia series I watch, so I truly enjoy analyzing bits and pieces about this stories hahaha. 

 

 

On lighter note:

Did the horse bite CYQ hand in the bts clip? :o I guess the horse got "scolded" by WJ.  Don't mess with his Minmin.  B) CYQ sounds so worried when she thought she accidently hurt Shuo Bude actor. I wish they released more BTS of CYQ with or without Joseph. I want more ZM :sweatingbullets:

 

Edited to add:

Have anyone watched the MV posted by Joseph in his Weibo? It's heavily focused on WJ/MM and I love the song used.  Nicely done MV:love:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

 

I guess I'm super late to the party but I love this version of HSDS so much I just have to join in.

 

I love going through all of your post, analysis, pics, and mvs :wub:

 

I can't speak chinese so all of your post here has been helping me understand most of the scenes and context.

 

HSDS is my favorite out of the trilogy but I can't stand most of the past version except the '86 version, but this '19 version hitting all the right mark for me with the OTP, supporting actors, costumes, settings and musics. 

 

The best OTP hug award for me goes to ep 49 reunion at the inn. They just fit each other so well like puzzle pieces. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chipz03

Thank you!! 

I found it. Its indeed very nice 

 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4362517822480909

19 minutes ago, penforella said:

Hi everyone,

 

I guess I'm super late to the party but I love this version of HSDS so much I just have to join in.

 

I love going through all of your post, analysis, pics, and mvs :wub:

 

I can't speak chinese so all of your post here has been helping me understand most of the scenes and context.

 

HSDS is my favorite out of the trilogy but I can't stand most of the past version except the '86 version, but this '19 version hitting all the right mark for me with the OTP, supporting actors, costumes, settings and musics. 

 

The best OTP hug award for me goes to ep 49 reunion at the inn. They just fit each other so well like puzzle pieces. 

 

Same here, i love the 1986 and this 2019 versions. 

 

Agree with you!! The inn reunion hug is the best!! They are like magnets!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipz03 said:

I somewhat agree that WJ should express his love toward MM more,  but in the last few episodes, he has stepped up the game.  Going against his own uncle after his own grandpa died,  going against the rest of his members, he even going against the members of the 6 sects to defend her. It speaks volume of his feeling toward ZM.

 

This might sound cruel,  but l somewhat glad that this version make him go through the heartbreaks and disappointments  and longing before he can finally be with his MM.  Through it all,  he can finally learn how precious she is for him and it truly emphasis the strength of his feeling toward her. I kinda thought previous versions should have amped up the "evidence" that he truly love ZM,  and this version did). 

 

Thank you again Lauren for the wonderful post and translation.  Spot on and I agree with the POV. 

 

To defend WJ a bit ^_^

  Reveal hidden contents

I feel like ZM herself know that ZYZ was behind the plot not WJ,  hence her anger was mainly targeted toward the culprit. However,  It's WJ reluctance to let her punish the culprit that break her heart and push her to let him go. A brave move that I admire on her part.

 

 It sets me up thinking, perhaps his reluctance make her feel or even fear like she's losing the WJ that could not care less about the throne. She's been risking everything for this WJ. Yet, what she saw at that moment was someone that keep sticking up with those who only use him, all to achieve the goal of overthrowing the dynasty. Perhaps she started to think whether she's losing her old WJ?  Although I cannot totally blame her for being extremely dissapointed with him.   

 

However,  i have been thinking about WJ action of preventing MM from killing ZYZ: i think from WJ's pov,  This is not because he doesn't love her enough, but I feel he cannot just let her do that. They are at the crucial part of their fight against their enemies. No matter how much he wanted to protect her,  there is still this duty that is larger than just him and her.  It's related to the fights of his people. Besides, she is in the Ming headquarter. Those members have already wanted to kill her.  They don't need another reason to kill her right then and there. He needs to think with his head, not his heart. This is one reason why I personally love the portrayals of WJ and ZM in this version. At least in my opinion, They can use their feeling,  but they also know how to use their rationale most of the time. 

 

He is willing to give his life if it can help assuage her thirst for revenge, her hatred. I think this is the only thing he can do at this moment. To protect her and to ensure the fights didn't stop. I might be wrong,  but ZYZ has experiences and power over the Ming armies,  so they need him (I might be wrong though)

 

It would be nice to have longer epilogue but I think this ending work too.  At the end,  the fact that WJ was standing in front of her, with his old hair style and simple attire, hair on a bun just like the WJ she first met, the young man who has shared the same youthful dreams with her,  has explained everything for her: He has done what he needs to do,  and he has also given up everything: throne,  power, to find her.  This is the WJ that she has been risking everything for,  the one she thought she lost when she let him go some time back. They both have lost so much: she lost her father and her brother might or might not forgive her (my guess), while he lost his grandpa,  his yifu. It is a great relief if they can let go and finally treasure each other peacefully.

 

Sorry, I might think and look into things too much. Hence the long and winding posts:sweatingbullets:.  I just love HSDS among all wuxia series I watch, so I truly enjoy analyzing bits and pieces about this stories hahaha. 

 

 

On lighter note:

Did the horse bite CYQ hand in the bts clip? :o I guess the horse got "scolded" by WJ.  Don't mess with his Minmin.  B) CYQ sounds so worried when she thought she accidently hurt Shuo Bude actor. I wish they released more BTS of CYQ with or without Joseph. I want more ZM :sweatingbullets:

 

Edited to add:

Have anyone watched the MV posted by Joseph in his Weibo? It's heavily focused on WJ/MM and I love the song used.  Nicely done MV:love:

 Can you post that MV that posted by Joseph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...