Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

2 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

I thought he was actually pretty good, on the other hand... Yuqee don't pull a Park Shin Hye please! :sweatingbullets: (psh doesn't ever move her lips)

It’s too forceful.

A good kisser is that main guy in The Legend (Zhao Yao). But I heard that actor is also a player in real life so that may be why, haha.

26 minutes ago, cancergirl87 said:

Well yeah, I actually could not finish that version, lols.. My favorite until today is still 1986 version, with this 2019 comes in second as of now. However, I do like 94's OSTs and quite happy they used two of them for this 2019 version.

I watched an episode of the 94 version a few minutes ago just to refresh my memory on how bad it actually was.  It was actually worse than I remembered it LOL.  Why did WJ shake his head up and down every time he spoke?!  GEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzuss........

You're right though, the only redeeming aspect it had were the OSTs.

Posted (edited)

I actually love ZWJ's sweet little gesture by kissing ZM's forehead in today's episode. Well, at least from my perspective, since the camera was zooming out at that moment :lol:.

Oh, and ZWJ's reaction when ZM said she wanted to wander the world with him which was the opposite of what ZZR wanted to do. I think his happiness barometer almost reached maximum level :P.

New BTS compilation

Edited by cancergirl87
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, cancergirl87 said:

I actually love ZWJ's sweet little gesture by kissing ZM's forehead in today's episode. Well, at least from my perspective, since the camera was zooming out at that moment :lol:.

Oh, and ZWJ's reaction when ZM said she wanted to wander the world with him which was the opposite of what ZZR wanted to do. I think his happiness barometer almost reached maximum level :P.

Yes, you can tell he put on a BIG BIG smiles on his face after he heard what ZM said. She really understand what he want to do in the future not like ZZR. This one of the reason WJ love ZM more regardless.

Just saw the preview of 49-50 and didn't see ZWJ's grandfather in that group of Ming's sect. Maybe he death already.

I super super super love this two episode. Love how the kiss progress!! Very passionate. Love how WJ finally realise that Minmin is the one, she share his passion of wandering the world, look at his smile beaming with happiness. Love that Minmin is so considerate while maintaining her humourous nature. Love that WJ finally call her Minmin!! 

I also feel very happy that Sister Ding finally got slapped. Notice that ZZR look prettier when she turn Evil. Am also glad that qingshu is not as evil as he should be. 

I actually cried during the scene that Yifu refuse to leave with WJ. Thought it was really sad and touching. 

I told myself not to watch two episodes in one go but i broke my promise!!! It doesn't help when the whole world (weibo, forum, FB community) were cheering with joy for the passionate kiss. My heart almost stop beating!! You can even see WJ gulped during that kiss!! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

A fun naration of almost all 倚天屠龙记 versions

PS: in my opinion, 1994 version really had some nice OSTs compared to the other versions.

I wish this was subbed!

8 hours ago, vicious219 said:

Maybe if the show was on HBO ;)

Hahaha... if ONLY!  I know it's wuxia, but _must_ we all pretend that we're 6 years old and think babies come from storks? 

Hmm... this calls for fanfiction to the rescue? Volunteers to write a NC-17 version of the kiss scene?! ;))))

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

33 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

I don't recall in previous version there was a "kiss" scene on the LIP.

2001 version with gigi lai had multiples and the 2003 version with alec su and Alyssa had one.

16 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

2001 version with gigi lai had multiples and the 2003 version with alec su and Alyssa had one.

Oh, I forgot already Gigi Lai had multiples on the lip and bite the lip too. IMO ZM go through a lot with WJ, hope she get more kiss from WJ to make it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

I super super super love this two episode. Love how the kiss progress!! Very passionate. Love how WJ finally realise that Minmin is the one, she share his passion of wandering the world, look at his smile beaming with happiness. Love that Minmin is so considerate while maintaining her humourous nature. Love that WJ finally call her Minmin!! 

I also feel very happy that Sister Ding finally got slapped. Notice that ZZR look prettier when she turn Evil. Am also glad that qingshu is not as evil as he should be. 

I actually cried during the scene that Yifu refuse to leave with WJ. Thought it was really sad and touching. 

I told myself not to watch two episodes in one go but i broke my promise!!! It doesn't help when the whole world (weibo, forum, FB community) were cheering with joy for the passionate kiss. My heart almost stop beating!! You can even see WJ gulped during that kiss!! 

Hahaha I too HAD to see the kiss scene so watched the episode in spite of hoping to save it for later!

I liked the kiss, but agree with iarchidus that ZWJ could use practice (and boy wouldn't we all love to see him and ZM practice??!) But it was sweet because he froze when ZM kissed him on the cheek and then he finally, finally let's go of all his reservations about them as two different people and just lunges at her and kisses her!  It's the first really decisive thing he's done romantically (and it's ONLY been 44 out of 50 episodes... gods, our OTP took their own sweet time!)

I'm with someone who mentioned the fact that it is distressing that what bothered ZWJ about marrying ZZR was about their long-term goals, not so much that he was in love with ZM. So ZWJ was choosing based on pragmatic, how-you-want-to-live-your-life goals.   Very pragmatic for real life totally! 

As the primary driver of a relationship in a romantic story- OUCH! :(  (And this interpretation is consistent with him NOT-kissing her on the island, but only kissing her after he has confirmed that she wants to wander the world like him.... sigh... so it's not enough for you ZWJ that ZM is amazing, smart, loyal, thoughtful and twice the decisive leader that you are? Ultimately it's about who will travel with you??)

But I do like ZM a lot in the last 2 episodes.  She comes across as being loyal and principled in how she decides to do things, and although she cares not at all how the world views her, she is willing to live and die by her principles of doing good for that same world, and also sacrifice for the people she loves.

• Insightful 1

22 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

Hahaha I too HAD to see the kiss scene so watched the episode in spite of hoping to save it for later!

I liked the kiss, but agree with iarchidus that ZWJ could use practice (and boy wouldn't we all love to see him and ZM practice??!) But it was sweet because he froze when ZM kissed him on the cheek and then he finally, finally let's go of all his reservations about them as two different people and just lunges at her and kisses her!  It's the first really decisive thing he's done romantically (and it's ONLY been 44 out of 50 episodes... gods, our OTP took their own sweet time!)

I'm with someone who mentioned the fact that it is distressing that what bothered ZWJ about marrying ZZR was about their long-term goals, not so much that he was in love with ZM. So ZWJ was choosing based on pragmatic, how-you-want-to-live-your-life goals.   Very pragmatic for real life totally! 

As the primary driver of a relationship in a romantic story- OUCH! :(  (And this interpretation is consistent with him NOT-kissing her on the island, but only kissing her after he has confirmed that she wants to wander the world like him.... sigh... so it's not enough for you ZWJ that ZM is amazing, smart, loyal, thoughtful and twice the decisive leader that you are? Ultimately it's about who will travel with you??)

But I do like ZM a lot in the last 2 episodes.  She comes across as being loyal and principled in how she decides to do things, and although she cares not at all how the world views her, she is willing to live and die by her principles of doing good for that same world, and also sacrifice for the people she loves.

He froze with his teary eyes and can't hold his feeling toward ZM. That is such long kiss for the first time. 

@Yitian_fan

I don't agree with that. I think that he accept to marry ZR because he thought everything would be easier with her (same side, nice girl, no conflict). He only knew her as his childhood friend. They didn't get to talk much before their engagement. However, when they discussed about their future, he realized that they don't have much in common and he could never be happy if he married her. That's why he was hesitant to marry her.

I don't think that he kissed ZM only after knowing that she wants to wander the world with him. He knew that before (remember the hot pot scene). I think that after the wedding, he saw how much ZM had sacrificed for him and is slowly accepting his love for her. He kissed her because he will find a way for them to be together (also she is not a princess anymore) . At the snake island he couldn't kiss her because their love didn't have a future. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

A fun naration of almost all 倚天屠龙记 versions

PS: in my opinion, 1994 version really had some nice OSTs compared to the other versions.

This is hilarious and oh wow... I didn't realize there were so many versions I'd never even heard of!

The claim is that HSDS is the most remade of Jinyong's novels and that might be true from the below list- and they also point out that these TV remakes span over 50 years at this point and it doesn't seem like this will be the last. :)   Talk about an enduring legacy for Jinyong!

1963 (HK, B&W)

1965 (HK, B&W movie?)

1978 (HK movie + a follow-up movie)

1978 (HK, Adam Cheng)

1984 (Taiwan, Liu Dekai)

1986 (HK, Tony Leung)

1993 (HK, movie, Jet Li)

1994 (Taiwan, Ma Jingtao)

2001 (HK, Lawrence Ng)

2003 (China, Alec Su)

2009 (China, Deng Chao)

2011 (China, Joseph Zeng)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

I actually had the same unsettling feelings as I watched that scene, but after giving it some thought afterwards, this is what I think based on the sequence of events.  In WJ’s flashback conversation with ZR, at that time, ZM already had left and WJ was basically forced to marry ZR.  There was really no turning back for WJ.  As such, I think his mind was “set” on marrying ZR, but I don’t think his heart was in it because I believe right before his conversation with ZR, he had woken up in his room and was thinking about ZM as he was scratching/looking at the bite mark.  Anyway, I think WJ was further troubled by his conversation with ZR because not only did he not want to marry her, he is also finding out that their life goals do not even align.  If I were him, I would be troubled too and have cold feet if the night before my wedding, I find out that my husband-to-be and I have completely different goals.   Man, how can I be happy in that moment?

To me, I do not think that WJ “chose” ZM in that moment.  I think he decided to be with ZM the night before that where they were sitting down on the steps and having a conversation about heading out XX sooner than later.  Otherwise, why would he have held her and kissed her on her forehead?  WJ has been very reluctant to outright show his physical affection to ZM because he had reservations so I doubt he would do so if he had not chosen ZM already.  After hearing ZM talk about their peaceful life together, I think he smiled and was happy because ZM wanted the same too.  This actually shouldn’t be a surprise to WJ anyway because many episodes ago where ZM and WJ were dining together at the inn (somewhere in the late 20s), ZM asked WJ if she asked him to travel the world with her, would he accompany/go with her and he answered yes, but he also followed-up by saying that it’s unrealistic talk or something along the lines of that which at that time made sense for him to think that way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

Oh, I forgot already Gigi Lai had multiples on the lip and bite the lip too. IMO ZM go through a lot with WJ, hope she get more kiss from WJ to make it up.

Yeah. This ZM definitely suffered so much compared to the others. Poor thing.

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I actually had the same unsettling feelings as I watched that scene, but after giving it some thought afterwards, this is what I think based on the sequence of events.  In WJ’s flashback conversation with ZR, at that time, ZM already had left and WJ was basically forced to marry ZR.  There was really no turning back for WJ.  As such, I think his mind was “set” on marrying ZR, but I don’t think his heart was in it because I believe right before his conversation with ZR, he had woken up in his room and was thinking about ZM as he was scratching/looking at the bite mark.  Anyway, I think WJ was further troubled by his conversation with ZR because not only did he not want to marry her, he is also finding out that their life goals do not even align.  If I were him, I would be troubled too and have cold feet if the night before my wedding, I find out that my husband-to-be and I have completely different goals.   Man, how can I be happy in that moment?

To me, I do not think that WJ “chose” ZM in that moment.  I think he decided to be with ZM the night before that where they were sitting down on the steps and having a conversation about heading out XX sooner than later.  Otherwise, why would he have held her and kissed her on her forehead?  WJ has been very reluctant to outright show his physical affection to ZM because he had reservations so I doubt he would do so if he had not chosen ZM already.  After hearing ZM talk about their peaceful life together, I think he smiled and was happy because ZM wanted the same too.  This actually shouldn’t be a surprise to WJ anyway because many episodes ago where ZM and WJ were dining together at the inn (somewhere in the late 20s), ZM asked WJ if she asked him to travel the world with her, would he accompany/go with her and he answered yes, but he also followed-up by saying that it’s unrealistic talk or something along the lines of that which at that time made sense for him to think that way.

Also when they were in a cave healing her, ZM said she’d die protecting both her family and WJ. WJ then responded that he know she’d strongly keep her words to that. That’s one of the biggest reason he kept on pushing ZM away knowing that they’ll have no future together. However, After the wedding crash he realized how both of them have the same goals, at that time he had no more reservation but to pursue his goal to be with ZM. The script writer has a very modern interpretation of relationship - love comes with responsibility, family, and end goal together - the bonus is to be with someone whom you have chemistry with. Finally WJ realized all those aspects to be with ZM - that’s why you can see him going all out with her. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GLT said:

Also when they were in a cave healing her, ZM said she’d die protecting both her family and WJ. WJ then responded that he know she’d strongly keep her words to that. That’s one of the biggest reason he kept on pushing ZM away knowing that they’ll have no future together. However, After the wedding crash he realized how both of them have the same goals, at that time he had no more reservation but to pursue his goal to be with ZM. The script writer has a very modern interpretation of relationship - love comes with responsibility, family, and end goal together - the bonus is to be with someone whom you have chemistry with. Finally WJ realized all those aspects to be with ZM - that’s why you can see him going all out with her. 

Totally agree with you. Last night episode is the answer why ZWJ didn't proceed through ZM advances and keep going with ZZR although her real face annoys him. ZWJ thinks although the worst ZZR come out he can still deal with it because anyway they are from the same nation. ZWJ knew that if he follow his heart and give even the slightest move to ZM advances, ZM  will fly to him with no doubt and be the one who suffer the most. Although ZM suffer anyway but at least it is as least as possible.  Now, i'm waiting for the rain scene big possibility will be tonight.

OMG we have been patiently wait from eps 24 until now, Gah,... Such a long wait.... Finally ZWJ unleash everything. By the way, totally ZM only appeared from second half means 26 eps. No wonder we are not so satisfied. 26 eps was just like korean drama. YX-JXF only get maybe 3 with but not full also. YSS-ZCS probably 8 eps but not full also. I guess YBH-YLT took too much screen time, i mean it's supposed to be XZ portion.

• Like 1

Finally I had a chance to watch ep 43 and 44! That kiss was just so cute! Good job WJ! You finally let her know how you truly feel. I think he finally realized the big differences between ZM and ZR. That kiss showed all of his feelings are now expressed! I haven't watch all old versions, might be 2009, 2000, but i think so far this version is the best. I like the OST too! :wub: Tomorrow is more excited! :blush:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Totally agree with you. Last night episode is the answer why ZWJ didn't proceed through ZM advances and keep going with ZZR although her real face annoys him. ZWJ thinks although the worst ZZR come out he can still deal with it because anyway they are from the same nation. ZWJ knew that if he follow his heart and give even the slightest move to ZM advances, ZM  will fly to him with no doubt and be the one who suffer the most. Although ZM suffer anyway but at least it is as least as possible.  Now, i'm waiting for the rain scene big possibility will be tonight.

I love your Analysis.

I was pondering about the sentence that WJ said in the cave.

That she is the person who kept her word, which is why he is very afraid.

AHHH Now i understand that part better after reading your analysis.

He is afraid of making her suffer.

Ahhhh how sweet. I kept blaming him for being too harsh to Minmin at the beginning of yesterday's episode right after the wedding. I am really glad that he finally decided to brave through all storms with ZM in this relationship.

Looking forward to the Raining scenes too. I thought that was quite sweet.

To be honest i was quite surprised that the moment i look forward the most (ZM kissed face of Teary eye WJ), would turn out to be the actual kiss.

is it only me who think that Joseph is quite good with the kissing But Yukee seem like not too experience?

And I thought ZZR's performance was pretty good yesterday, in turning evil. I like that Song qing shu has reservations towards her instructions to learn the jiu yin bai gu zao, instead of listening to her blindly.

• Like 1