[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

36 minutes ago, Don Yu said:

I DON'T mean I want ZWJ and ZZR to end up together, at all. I don't ship them more or less than I ship ZWJ and ZM. I said shipping wasn't the main reason I watch anything.

I just meant ZZR is a VERY important piece to this STORY that makes her one of the MOST interesting characters in this!

Yeah we understand 

I don't have any other meaning. 

Just want to understand what is the meaning of ship, over here

45 minutes ago, quynie said:

@LaurenPanna

The definition of shipping is to endorse or to support a couple/pairing. For example, most of us here ship ZM and ZWJ, we want them to end up together.

Thank you very much quynie

3 hours ago, quynie said:

Just finish watching today episodes. How can they give us sweets from episode 38 and then this? They could have take out all the skinships between ZWJ and ZZR which were not essential to the story. What with the holding hands, the hand on his heart, the lending shoulder?

Hide contents

At least he didn't told ZZR that he love her as deep as the injury she made in his heart like in 1986 and 2009 version.

Lot of things doesn't make sense with the changes that they made with the story.

1- Why did the yellow lady tell the beggar clan to take the girl as their leader? That girl doesn't have any wu gong skills nor leadership. Shouldn't the strongest beggar be chosen as the new leader instead? 

(I can help to find the entrance of the Yellow Lady a bit ridiculous with all the girls playing musical instrument. I mean the Lady said that she lived modestly in a secluded cave, but have girls to make her appearance more important lol)

2- Funny how, SQS appears at the exact moment after ZWJ fought with his Wu Dang uncles. It is a bit farfetched that the timing is that precise. Futhermore, ZM, ZWJ and the Wu Dang uncles all happens to be at the same place where the 7th uncle's body is hidden.

3- Why let YL coming back so soon? How did she knew where to find ZWJ (who she thought was dead)? Did she recongnized him or still think he is Tang A Ngu? How can ZWJ go with the wedding with ZZR if he promised to wed YL (in other versions, he thought YL was dead, that's why he agree to wed ZZR)?

I was hoping for that too, but I am sure that there won't be another prince in this version from the trailer and preview.

I wish ZWJ will save ZM, but I don't think he will. Isn't he still at Wu Dang at that point? And what is the point to make him save her and then going to marry ZZR...

Your point 1 wasn't a change, but was original to the novel. But yeah it doesn't make sense.

Point 2: also from the novel, and yes very deux ex machina!

Point 3: this is a big change from the novel (YL came back at the very end). I think they might have something in store with this change. I'm guessing ZZR will try to kill YL again to cover her tracks and get discovered that way? In the novel she tried to kill XX because she was worried he knew something, but it didn't make sense: XX said he knew everything but pretended to be on ZZR's side so she doesn't hurt ZWJ - I always found this a big plot hole, XX can just kill ZZR if he wanted to (he did say that he had his suspicions due to being over to overhear things on the island when ZR was trying to kill YL, but he had no proof). In this version it's very clear that XX didn't suspect ZZR at all, which gave her no reason to try to kill him and get discovered. YL might serve this role.

YL had wanted to go back to Wudang to greet WJ's uncles and his dad's teacher, so it kinda made sense she went to Wudang to find him.

• Like 2

And agree with the analysis about WJ's warm attitude towards ZR. Also remember people, he had a huge crush on her. To his simple mind this marriage makes sense: they needed to do it to preserve her reputation, they liked each other, they are a match in everyone's eyes, he feels responsible for her life. Yes, his actions are a spat in the face of his scenes with ZM, but that his biggest character flaw. He's perfect in every way except for his romantic dealings!

My friend said this about him during the Snake island arc: "the one he supposedly loves is missing, the one he's engaged to is right next to him, but the one he's reminiscing about is the one who is dead!" :joy:

• LOL 1

I'm just wondering why there's no press conference or fan meet for this series? Are all the actors busy with new works or just the series is underrated in china?

I would like to see more casts interactions. BTS is not enough as they always emphasize the fight scenes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I'm just wondering why there's no press conference or fan meet for this series? Are all the actors busy with new works or just the series is underrated in china?

I would like to see more casts interactions. BTS is not enough as they always emphasize the fight scenes. 

Good point... It's not underrated though. It's been in top 5 in terms of views since it aired.

3 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

It's very popular in china. It's over 4 billion views and counting. And note that this is online series not airing on tv. Huge achievement. But yeah i want to see all main cast together doing fanmeet or shows  :D

I'm of two minds regarding ZR. I'm liking her less and less (I'm over her good girl act to be sure) but I accept that she's an integral part of the narrative and I have to put up with the deception. Of course it bothers me a great deal that she been telling fibs especially to the man she's about to marry especially when he's more or less made up his mind to go through with the marriage in good faith.

However, if I accept that primary theme of this drama is concerned with appearances and how labels of good and evil are often thrown around thoughtlessly and banally... well... ZR is a rather good example of how all this is in operation. Angelic in appearance but a devilish agenda underneath. Evil lurks in the hearts of all. Given the right circumstances... it's not hard to succumb. Somehow she's found a way to deal with the cognitive dissonance... as a lot of guilty people do to ease their conscience. They rationalize it in their minds, find a way to live with it because apparently it's all for "the greater good". The deception rankles though.

Qing Shu, on the other hand, is someone I have a bit of pity for because at least there's an element of remorse. He behaved really stupidly and badly in a fit of passion but he did 'fess up in the end.

Those two are interesting parallels. In a real enough way, they are on a similar trajectory so it's only fitting that they become something of a pair. ;) Fellow travellers on a road to destruction. Jealousy and covetousness has largely been their undoing. I don't think they set out to be villains but the decisions that they made along the way took them on a path of no return.

While I understand why ZM gets labelled "witch" endlessly, it still grates. But it really does goes to show how we so easily compartmentalize people especially when we take sides in conflicts. Even the best people fall into that trap. Of course I'm biased because I get to see the other side of her and perhaps it's love that's changed her. But no, I don't think love has changed her per se. What love did was change the direction of her life goals. She's proven and is proving that she's putting her money where her mouth is... she is giving up everything for WJ... and quite prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice. She may be young and experiencing love for the first time but there's nothing airy fairy about it. He may not think so now but WJ is very blessed to have her on his side because she's been instrumental in resolving issues for him over and over again.

I find it fascinating that WJ never denies that he's in love with ZM nor ZM has any doubts that he likes her. I note that he tells her to "forget him". They don't argue on those terms instead he frames his arguments in accordance with the realities of their circumstances. He's certainly not marrying ZR because he's in love with her (because he could have said that but doesn't) but because he's made a promise that he needs to see through as a gentleman's agreement. He likes ZR well enough and he hasn't seen the other side of her yet so he may assume that it's as good a choice as any. At least it's someone he knows. Of course there are definitely long-term political benefits of the union for both sects, gaining some measure of respectability for the Ming sect in particular. And it wouldn't entirely shock me if he's marrying ZR to put someone else out of his mind.

It's clear that WJ feels the weight of his decisions especially when ZM asks him why he can't give everything up for her as she has done for him. Well, it's clear why. He's not clinging on to power and riches for its own sake. A lot of people depend on him for their survival and I respect him for not walking away from it all just yet. He might not be a great detective ;) but he has a highly developed sense of responsibility. All his choices come from that wonderful part of him so I'm not ready to judge him too harshly if romance is not high on his agenda at this point in time.

ZM is going through her baptism of fire right now. She's not just suffering because of her love for WJ but because she's undergoing a deep internal conflict. Her loyalties are torn and her world's (as she once knew) coming apart at the seams. It may even be an identity crisis. She may have thought that she could straddle both sides but now the clarity that she's been desperately seeking will be apparent... she can't straddle and as the executioner's sword is about to fall, she now understands what it means to give up everything for love's sake. Rank, family, wealth, reputation and life.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Don Yu said:

I read a lot of you hate Zhou Zhirou but in terms of this story she is a wonderful/conflicted apprentice to her Master(Miejue)

The moral of the story, she is a VERY important piece so I LOVE Zhou Zhirou, from a story perspective!

I think a lot of fans don’t realize but without ZZR ZM wouldn’t be as good of a character. That’s why I don’t hate her at all either. 

In addition ZZR went through interesting character transformation, more so than anyone else in the story!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

This week is torture for ZM. Wednesday night, she got slandered, strangled, sprained ankle, and hit by Wudang uncles. 

Thursday night got dumped by ZWJ, daddy health problem, sibling feud, chained and death sentenced. 

Tonight my prediction will be extermination of her existence from Temur family, catfight with ZZR, heartbreak hot pot dinner, slandered again, hit by ZZR claws. 

Oh my heart .....:dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

OMG, this friday night is full of murder attempt to our ZM. Sooo draggy eps 41 and 42. Too much ZZR scenes also. Grandpa is the one who initiates the wedding ZWJ just just give me 'no' but no use. ZZR pretend not seeing and happily proceed the wedding. 

We got to wait 4 days to wednesday.... Noooo.... :rage:

Why 2 eps can contained so much but the director choose to give political scene and ZYZ unnecessary screen time. 

11 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

OMG, this friday night is full of murder attempt to our ZM. Sooo draggy eps 41 and 42. Too much ZZR scenes also. Grandpa is the one who initiates the wedding ZWJ just just give me 'no' but no use. ZZR pretend not seeing and happily proceed the wedding. 

We got to wait 4 days to wednesday.... Noooo.... :rage:

Why 2 eps can contained so much but the director choose to give political scene and ZYZ unnecessary screen time. 

Grandpa really don't like ZM and want WJ to hurry and get married. IMO WJ didn't want to get married yet as ZM still in his heart and try to give grandpa other excuses. He still looking at his arm where ZM bited and the mark still there. I don't understand why can they cut back some sense and put the whole wedding scene on eps 42. Lack of sleep for me and now have to go back and watch the preview to make my days go fast.