[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

1 minute ago, Yitian_fan said:

I'm quite a fan of Joseph Zeng for his ZWJ here, and think he's a good actor, and good looking, and I totally get that he's forced by circumstances and just a loving person in general, plus I was ready for ZWJ's vacillating about his love lfie,  but I admit I was _still_ a little incredulous when he started smiling and introduced ZR to his Wudang uncles with such a proud/shy look and twinning his fingers in ZR's, as well as when he pulled ZR into a hug over Yinli ... wow, likely seriously? This is the same person who a few days ago had ZM on his shoulder and looked at her loving when she stroked his cheek (the time he found out about Qingshu?)

So yeah, I'm _still_  a little hurt by how genuine his happiness with ZR is and how he turned down ZM ("I'm not a piece of wood or stone, after all you've done and given up for me, how could I not be grateful."  My first, second and third reaction to that is, "You b---rd!  Minmin just decided she'd give up everything for you and you're _grateful_?!")

Ok, need more cute ZWJ/ZM picts and gifs to tide me over till next week!  Keep 'em comin' you guys!

I am mad about him too! Many times I have thoughts like "does he want both girls or something? such a player! Keep going back and forth and hurt everyone" :angry:

Just finish watching today episodes. How can they give us sweets from episode 38 and then this? They could have take out all the skinships between ZWJ and ZZR which were not essential to the story. What with the holding hands, the hand on his heart, the lending shoulder?

Spoiler

At least he didn't told ZZR that he love her as deep as the injury she made in his heart like in 1986 and 2009 version.

Lot of things doesn't make sense with the changes that they made with the story.

1- Why did the yellow lady tell the beggar clan to take the girl as their leader? That girl doesn't have any wu gong skills nor leadership. Shouldn't the strongest beggar be chosen as the new leader instead? 

(I can help to find the entrance of the Yellow Lady a bit ridiculous with all the girls playing musical instrument. I mean the Lady said that she lived modestly in a secluded cave, but have girls to make her appearance more important lol)

2- Funny how, SQS appears at the exact moment after ZWJ fought with his Wu Dang uncles. It is a bit farfetched that the timing is that precise. Futhermore, ZM, ZWJ and the Wu Dang uncles all happens to be at the same place where the 7th uncle's body is hidden.

3- Why let YL coming back so soon? How did she knew where to find ZWJ (who she thought was dead)? Did she recongnized him or still think he is Tang A Ngu? How can ZWJ go with the wedding with ZZR if he promised to wed YL (in other versions, he thought YL was dead, that's why he agree to wed ZZR)?

5 hours ago, jackieusa said:

I hope this version include the prince who is madly in love with ZM and she's gonna marry off and make ZWJ jealous and heart broken. 

I was hoping for that too, but I am sure that there won't be another prince in this version from the trailer and preview.

I wish ZWJ will save ZM, but I don't think he will. Isn't he still at Wu Dang at that point? And what is the point to make him save her and then going to marry ZZR...

Yitian_Fan

you completely nailed it, totally my sentiments right now.

It was like, one day ago, i was so touched by his loving gesture towards ZM by lending him his shoulder with a sweet and contended smile.

Then One day later, he suddenly turn into a different person. I was like "What?" Not forgetting ZM helped him to get out of the misunderstanding with his Wudang Uncles and even wiping tears for him. How can he just suddenly just tell her "I am grateful" and just being grateful? where is the love? hahahahha  i think i need time to get over this. Probably need to see ZWJ been miserable over losing ZM at the last episode to ease my heart hahahahha revenge !!!

Another thing i cannot get over is also same as what you mentioned.

Why is he so happy and elated over introducing ZZR as the Fiancee to his Grandmaster and wudang elders without even a little tiny bit of missing ZM? it seems like "Hey Elders, Look who is here! and Guess what, I have a pleasant surprise for you. I am marrying ZZR !!!" that kind of happiness.

ARGH i am so angry and heartpain!!!!!!

• Like 2

quynie

i was equally puzzled why the sudden change in "attitude" in ZWJ.

i was hoping that he would at least look alittle reluctant even when he is giving promises to ZZR, instead of lovingly, and in the form of respect more than intimacy.

The Yellow dress girl appearance is quite true to the novel, and indeed the little girl (Shi Hong Shi) is the next Begger sect leader as per novel. I am not sure why jinyong decided on that. But The yellow dress lady appearance actually has alot more to tell. She is the descendents of Yang Guo and XLN. but she could also be related to Guo Jing Huang Rong in some areas (hint is at the musical instrument and the attendants that followed her, as HR is talented in arts, chess and music, and in the novel, her attendents is supposed to wear Black and White which symbolize Bagua, whereas in the drama, i think all wear white? if i am not wrong  ). I got to look for that Analysis to show you guys one day. Somehow, it symbolize that Yellow Dress Lady have the same knowledge as The seniors in Peach blossom Island. But could also be that Yang Guo spread the knowledge down to his descendents because Yang Guo stayed on Peach Blossom island before and Huang Rong ever taught him Universal Elements knowledge.  If I did not remember wrong, yellow dress lady is very highly skilled in martial arts, She even know Da Gou bang fa (the begger sect stick martial arts that only the leader can learn) - could Be yang Guo taught his descendents too as Yang Guo knows all 36 styles. Other than that, she also know Jiu Yin Zhen Jing (which is why later on, she will use the full form of Jiu Yin Zhen Jing to defeat ZZR at the Lion Slaying session, because ZZR only learnt the Short cut version of Jiu Yin Claws and she totally failed on that because her internal strength is not strong.). Huang Rong emphazise in the novel that Only when during emergency, that you should learn the short cut method, and must later on, follow up with the full form of Internal strength practice (found in Jiu Yin Zhen Jing Manual which is hidden in Peach Blossom Island) . Hope Yellow dress lady can explain during the Lion Slaying session.

I try to justify the way ZWJ act with ZZR.

First of all, the lake scene with ZM is kind of a break up scene for them. ZWJ have to throw away his feelings for ZM because they can't not ever be together. 

ZWJ is a righteous guy. He promise to marry ZZR so he considered her as his wife. Because she is his futur wife, he have to love and protect her. He also want to show her that she is the most important person for him now.

I think he is happy to show her to his uncles and Grandmaster, because he knows they will approve of his choice to marry ZZR and not be together with ZM. ZWJ always wanted to please his Grandmaster/uncles/Ming sect/ Godfather who all disapprove of ZM.

I am wondering what will make him decide to leave everything to be with ZM. What will make him realize that he loves her that much. I thought it would be when she was beheaded, but it won't because we will still go with the wedding after. In other version, I think it was when she stab herself in front of her family so they can leave together.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

This week is torture for ZM. Wednesday night, she got slandered, strangled, sprained ankle, and hit by Wudang uncles. 

Thursday night got dumped by ZWJ, daddy health problem, sibling feud, chained and death sentenced. 

Tonight my prediction will be extermination of her existence from Temur family, catfight with ZZR, heartbreak hot pot dinner, slandered again, hit by ZZR claws. 

Oh my heart .....:dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

Wow...didn't think she suffers this much until you list them all .  So 2 more episodes of torturing for ZM until happy sweet time next week.

Oh my heart pain too... :bawling:

6 minutes ago, quynie said:

I try to justify the way ZWJ act with ZZR.

First of all, the lake scene with ZM is kind of a break up scene for them. ZWJ have to throw away his feelings for ZM because they can't not ever be together. 

ZWJ is a righteous guy. He promise to marry ZZR so he considered her as his wife. Because she is his futur wife, he have to love and protect her. He also want to show her that she is the most important person for him now.

I think he is happy to show her to his uncles and Grandmaster, because he knows they will approve of his choice to marry ZZR and not be together with ZM. ZWJ always wanted to please his Grandmaster/uncles/Ming sect/ Godfather who all disapprove of ZM.

I am wondering what will make him decide to leave everything to be with ZM. What will make him realize that he loves her that much. I thought it would be when she was beheaded, but it won't because we will still go with the wedding after. In other version, I think it was when she stab herself in front of her family so they can leave together.

I guess after the wedding is ruin.

During their quest to look for Godfather, that they went through thick and thin. and He saw how ZM sacrifice for her. On top of that , during the wedding breakup, he saw how ZZR turn into a scary woman with Scary Claws martial arts. Slowly the events unfold and he finally realised his love for ZM

@quynie i understand your rage about ZWJ romancing ZZR very easily (that's why i skipped them, heh). I think you have to see the background of the WJ character in this version. He's kind of 'easy to move on'. Remember the death of the parents, mommy YSS obviously commanded him to get revenge but he doesn't do it in the end. ZWJ grow up as sickly kid with no hope to be cured. He just lived the life and do the best he can. He doesn't hold grudge over anything bad happened to him especially when it lead him to something positive ( when he got the 9yang style). Remember he met ZZR when he was nobody, orphaned, desperate and in critical condition. It is ZZR with her kindness accept him and motivate him to live until the very end. Don't forget her father is dead because of looking for ZWJ cure. Not that i'm ZZR fan but ZWJ just tried to be best protector for ZZR.

1. Agree on the yellow lady entrance. I mean WHAT?? The entrance with the maidens already epic enough for me but the music is REDUNDANT. I hope in shaolin duel they will cut the music. I disagree with you live modestly, YG-XLN family wanted to live exclusively that's why they stayed inside the tomb and don't even care about anything outside. But inside, they must have everything comfy you know.

2. The series end in 50 eps. They need to move fast forward with the arcs. B)

3. Yes, YL must be the reason why ZWJ will not marry ZZR. I don't know why ZWJ still proceed the wedding.:crazy:

I read a lot of you hate Zhou Zhirou but in terms of this story she is a wonderful/conflicted apprentice to her Master(Miejue)

The moral of the story, she is a VERY important piece so I LOVE Zhou Zhirou, from a story perspective!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Don Yu said:

I read a lot of you hate Zhou Zhirou but in terms of this story she is a wonderful/conflicted apprentice to her Master!

The moral of the story, she is a VERY important piece so I LOVE Zhou Zhirou, from a story perspective!

Welcome,  i can tell you that we are 99% ZM shipper here with or without her man ZWJ, she is our heroine. You are the only one with ZZR here still we welcome you with our big heart because we're just like our heroine, too confident and arrogant to be annoyed by ZZR conflicted psychological state. 

Hahaha:naughty:

• Like 1

I understand there maybe copyright concerns, etc but some ACTING in this show are SO GOOD. 

Wonder if someone can put together a video of every amazing performance so far?

1 minute ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Welcome,  i can tell you that we are 99% ZM shipper here with or without her man ZWJ, she is our heroine. You are the only one with ZZR here still we welcome you with our big heart because we're just like our heroine, too confident and arrogant to be annoyed by ZZR conflicted psychological state. 

I DON'T just watch shows for shipping, I watch for GOOD story, action, or Acting!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Well said. Like ZM, i gracefully accept all ZZR fans here lol haha 

I also think these moments (aargh enough already. I am getting tired of pretentious ZZR -_-), is because he already made up his mind to leave ZM and be together with ZR,  more so because he was indebted to her and bound by his promise to XX (XX here really irks me too.  His prejudice is..just..nope). Now that he made up his mind,  he will honor it,  even if it means he needs to "fake it till he make it". Some old sayings I used to hear when I was a kid is that,  love can eventually come because of habit and getting used to each other. 

The fact that even after her shifu died,  she still intent to keep her promises to kill wuji,  stealing Yi tian jian and tu long tau even it means she has to kill YL who was unfortunate to almost botch her attempt, and even frame ZM actually speak volume to her character. Most maybe think she was forced, her life was tough,  but for me, deep inside her,  ZZR has had this unhealthy ambition that align with Miejue: to attain that glory for Emei,  and by doing so,  to herself as well. For her,  it should be her and what she wants.  She wants WJ and strings of other perks and ambitions. In contrast, ZM is more than ready to meet WJ half-way. It takes guts and courage to give up her privileged life to be living a simple life like what she and WJ described during their hotpot convo.   Compromise is important in relationships, and that something that ZZR lacks.

Ji Xiaofu has had it bad too, she has the same teacher and being bullied by her senior but she didn't go down the dark path even when Miejue dangle the Emei leader position.

One reason that RYW might have to sentence ZM to death (i am pretty sure that either WBB or him will arrange last minute attempt to save her),  is to give her a way out. What she will end up doing is a great betrayal to their dynasty,  and she has already committed one grave sin: falling for one of,  if not the biggest threat to their dynasty.  If the emperor caught wind on what she's been up to,  she and even all her family will be brought down.

Or,  some crazy idea is that this is all arranged by RYW to show her what she will face if she continues down the path she chose:sweatingbullets:

I think at some point,  ZM will be back at RYW palace as there's bts where WJ already wore the costume with the high neckline and seems like he's talking to RYW while ZM was sitting behind him. 

Quick question, if i remembered correctly, there's also one scene where  ZM looks alone and sad sitting in front of her hotpot, but her hair/costume still look like in her usual Mongolian attire/hair style (two loops of braided hair) .  Is this the hotpot scene prior to wedding? Or which episode is it? If the earlier,  the dress does not match the scene where she kissed his cheek. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Don Yu said:

I read a lot of you hate Zhou Zhirou but in terms of this story she is a wonderful/conflicted apprentice to her Master(Miejue)

I don't hate ZZR.

I just hate her with ZWJ :D.

Let's ship her with SQS haha.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Quick question, if i remembered correctly, there's also one scene where  ZM looks alone and sad sitting in front of her hotpot, but her hair/costume still look like in her usual Mongolian attire/hair style (two loops of braided hair) .  Is this the hotpot scene prior to wedding? Or which episode is it? If the earlier,  the dress does not match the scene where she kissed his cheek. :sweatingbullets:

If this version doesn't change the scene, ZM will be at the hot pot restaurant eating alone because she is sad that ZWJ is getting married. Then he will appeared (because unconsciously he did miss her). Then she will kiss him on his cheek. That scene was in the other versions too.

Don't know how they will make her go back to that restaurant when she was on GMD to catfight with ZZR a few days? ago.

I agree that the actings in this version is very good,  even side characters like Song Yuan Qiao. When he found out that it's his son who killed his 7th brother is just heartbreaking.

ZM here has become my favorite ZM,  even on par with Gigi Lai or Ady An for me so far :D

Edit: just wanna add, all the young actor and actresses show promising talent here.  Good selection of casts

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

I also think these moments (aargh enough already. I am getting tired of pretentious ZZR -_-), is because he already made up his mind to leave ZM and be together with ZR,  more so because he was indebted to her and bound by his promise to XX (XX here really irks me too.  His prejudice is..just..nope). Now that he made up his mind,  he will honor it,  even if it means he needs to "fake it till he make it". Some old sayings I used to hear when I was a kid is that,  love can eventually come because of habit and getting used to each other. 

The fact that even after her shifu died,  she still intent to keep her promises to kill wuji,  stealing Yi tian jian and tu long tau even it means she has to kill YL who was unfortunate to almost botch her attempt, and even frame ZM actually speak volume to her character. Most maybe think she was forced, her life was tough,  but for me, deep inside her,  ZZR has had this unhealthy ambition that align with Miejue: to attain that glory for Emei,  and by doing so,  to herself as well. For her,  it should be her and what she wants.  She wants WJ and strings of other perks and ambitions. In contrast, ZM is more than ready to meet WJ half-way. It takes guts and courage to give up her privileged life to be living a simple life like what she and WJ described during their hotpot convo.   Compromise is important in relationships, and that something that ZZR lacks.

Ji Xiaofu has had it bad too, she has the same teacher and being bullied by her senior but she didn't go down the dark path even when Miejue dangle the Emei leader position.

One reason that RYW might have to sentence ZM to death (i am pretty sure that either WBB or him will arrange last minute attempt to save her),  is to give her a way out. What she will end up doing is a great betrayal to their dynasty,  and she has already committed one grave sin: falling for one of,  if not the biggest threat to their dynasty.  If the emperor caught wind on what she's been up to,  she and even all her family will be brought down.

Or,  some crazy idea is that this is all arranged by RYW to show her what she will face if she continues down the path she chose:sweatingbullets:

I think at some point,  ZM will be back at RYW palace as there's bts where WJ already wore the costume with the high neckline and seems like he's talking to RYW while ZM was sitting behind him. 

I think your theory of her father giving her a way out and to avoid implicating the whole clan Make alot sense. 

Which is why i don't really pity ZZR, she herself has that kind of ambition. And she use excuses such as she doesn't have parents to guide her. I feel that she also have herself to blame partially 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Yu said:

I understand there maybe copyright concerns, etc but some ACTING in this show are SO GOOD. 

Wonder if someone can put together a video of every amazing performance so far?

I DON'T just watch shows for shipping, I watch for GOOD story, action, or Acting!!

I actually watched because of Jin Yong. Am a big Jin yong fan who read every single one of his novel.

ZWJ was not my favorite character but i really like the acting of the youngsters in this Adaptation. ZM is my favorite together with Huang Rong.

Can I understand what do you guys mean over here, when you say Shipping and Shipper?

I DON'T mean I want ZWJ and ZZR to end up together, at all. I don't ship them more or less than I ship ZWJ and ZM. I said shipping wasn't the main reason I watch anything.

I just meant ZZR is a VERY important piece to this STORY that makes her one of the MOST interesting characters in this!

• Like 3