[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

Finally some news about the latest version of YTTLJ! Sadly I'm not sure how much of it I'll be able to follow while airing. 

I imagine all those slo-mo scenes in the trailer are meant to appeal to the cool kids and get a new generation of viewers on board. ;) I don't think oldies like me are the target demographic for the trailer and quite possibly for the entire series. But I quite like what I'm seeing especially of the kid playing Zhang Wuji.

Gotta to say that the burning pagoda scene had me a little psyched. I do know my YTTLJ even if I'm useless about the rest of the Condor Trilogy. Heh.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

Agree!

Too many freezed moments - matrix style. The fighting scenes looked awesome, actually ...so I hope that they reduce those slow motions in the drama. LOCH 2017 also suffered the same thing in the beginning, and they toned them down after that. 

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Finally some news about the latest version of YTTLJ! Sadly I'm not sure how much of it I'll be able to follow while airing. 

I imagine all those slo-mo scenes in the trailer are meant to appeal to the cool kids and get a new generation of viewers on board. ;) I don't think oldies like me are the target demographic for the trailer and quite possibly for the entire series. But I quite like what I'm seeing especially of the kid playing Zhang Wuji.

Gotta to say that the burning pagoda scene had me a little psyched. I do know my YTTLJ even if I'm useless about the rest of the Condor Trilogy. Heh.

Actually if they use CGI in proportional one, it will be awesome, not all fighting scenes need too much CGI, i like the real ones like in Ever Night esp on ep 1 n 6. Maybe you are right @40somethingahjumma, they use that slo-mo-freezed aka matrix wannabe like @rhaps said, to attract young viewers. But since they used it for maybe almost all fighting scenes then viewers might get bored. Yeah i also interested with this ZWJ, although he is still too sweet for me, but i think he quite good as ZWJ character, soft hearted and innocent. 

Wait, the Cfensi blogger says the PD for this HSDS is the same with LOCH 2017!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

https://cfen.si/2019/02/22/heavenly-sword-and-dragon-slaying-saber-the-ninth-sets-release-date-on-february-27th/

To be honest, HSDS is my least favorite among the Condor Trilogy. But I'm devouring anything Jin Yong. And since this is helmed by the director who brought us the well-done LOCH 2017, I want to see his version of HSDS, although the trailer worries me a little :P.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记