[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

On 4/22/2019 at 10:41 PM, LaurenPanna said:

Translation to my best ability… Although I do feel that , after translating, it feels funny LOL

Title:

Reunion in Grassland, from this moment on, We shall wander the world together.

-       Ji Min Finale.

“I thought you are not coming”  Leaning on his shoulder, Minmin raised her head and started to speak.

“Minmin, I told you, no matter where I am, no matter how difficult it is, I will still come back to you……… how have you been doing all these years? There isn’t a moment I stop thinking of you, missing you badly. I can’t wait to fulfill my promise to the country and come back to you. I searched frantically for you . I wanted to come back to you so badly, even if it means losing my life”

Wuji’s eyes filled with love, touched Minmin.

“After Burying Father, I had been staying with my Granny. She dotes on me a lot and is very happy to have my accompaniment. After returning to Mongol, I started living the life I yearned for. But I am not happy at all”

“Because you missed me, you are worried for me. I know”  Wuji Smiled, beaming with happiness.

Minmin didn’t answer. She asked, “Wuji, What if I was dead, Or What if I fell in love with someone else? What if I was not in Mongolia at all? And you never get to find me for the rest of your life? What would you do?”

Hearing what she said, Wuji suddenly frowned and look despondent. He ever thought of all these possibilities but did not have the courage to face his fear.

“If you are really dead, I will follow you. When I thought you were killed by your dad, I promised you upon your grave that, Once I fulfilled my mission, I will not let you be lonely again.”

“ If you fell in love with someone else, I will still stay by your side to protect you, I would not let you be bullied by anyone.”  Upon finishing his sentence, his eyes filled with tears uncontrollably.

Suddenly, Minmin laughed and said: “Who else would bully me, except you?”

But the moment she saw Wuji’s tormented face, she stopped laughing and look at him lovingly. She ask, “Then, What if you can’t find me for the rest of your life?”

“I don’t know, I dare not even think of that. I will keep searching for you, till the day I died.”

Minmin is very touched to hear that.

Suddenly, She shyly and playfully asked, “Is my hairpin still with you? “ 

Facing her, Wuji look into her eyes and was mersmerized by her beauty. He replied, “Yes, the hairpin and handkerchief are still with me, They represent my promise to you and They give me strength to live and move on. How can I lose them? Shall I put on the hairpin for you?

“Yes” , Minmin smiled.

Minmin finally feel a deep sense of relief. She hugged him tightly after he put on the hairpin for her. Her Wuji has finally come back to her safely. He is still the innocent boy with a Pure heart. There is nothing more she could ever ask for than this. From this moment onwards, they can finally hold hands and wander the world together.

Thank you!  Thank you! :)

On 4/24/2019 at 10:58 PM, chipz03 said:

I love reading all the fanfic and has always wanted to try writing one. So here we go, my first time ever writing and sharing fanfic :sweatingbullets:.

I tried to write about the last episode until ZM and WJ reunion.i t's long and winding with nothinv really new, and perhaps the tone was sombre (been feeling down lately,  so it kinda reflected perhaps :grin:) Slight Alternate Universe (AU)  type for some of the characterizations. I put in spoilers to avoid long wall of post hahaha.  Hope you all like it. Sorry for any inaccuracies. No ill intention whatsoever please:blush:

Reveal hidden contents

Three summers.

Almost three summers have passed ever since Zhao Min bid her forever farewell to Zhang Jiaozhu and left central plain forever. 

Zhang Jiaozhu.

That name brought back the memories of their parting that summer day. The day she finally admitted her defeat in her perilous gambles for the Wuji she used to know. She had been betting everything for her Wuji, for him to finally be honest to himself, to let himself be free to chase what he really wanted.

But that fateful day has sealed away all her dreams forever. She knew that she had lost. For so long that Zhang Jiaozhu still stood in front of her,  she knew she would not find her old Wuji back,  and it was time for her to face her reality. 

That man who was standing in front of her, wearing his white clothes befitting the unbeatable leader of the sect that led the fights against her dynasty, whose long hair neatly rest past his shoulder, was not her Wuji.

He was not the young man who wore rough cotton clothes, with his hair up on a simple bun, whose eyes shone when they shared their dreams of the beautiful future travelling the world over the boiling hotpot. She could not find that old Wuji who tickled her foot at the manor.

That man in front of her was Zhang Jiaozhu, the leader who had kept himself entangled in the conflict because of his chosen allegiance to his brothers. Those brothers who had went behind his back and plotted her father's demise.  She was not sure if he could ever extricate himself from all the expectations that befell upon him during these power struggles, and she could not care anymore. This Zhang Jiaozhu was not her beloved Wuji. 

“I could use all my life to want you, but I could also use all my life to let go of you. I will never bother Zhang Jiaozhu anymore, and I hope Zhang Jiaozhu will not bother me anymore as well” was the last words she uttered to Zhang Jiaozhu before she threw away the wooden hairpin and took her steps away from him. Despite the pained look on his tearful eyes, the eyes that, for a split moment, still reminded her of the old Wuji, she was determined to not spare a look back as she took her steps away from him, and she never looked back. 

With every step she took, she uttered her sincerest prayer for her father and her deepest apologies for him, her brother, and her families. With each step too, her resolutions to leave Zhang Jiaozhu got stronger. She knew she could survive without him, and she would survive without him. She would never pin for Zhang Jiaozhu anymore, could no longer wish for the man she left behind. She now realized that her love was not for Zhang Jiaozhu.  Never Zhang Jiaozhu.

She had no qualm severing her ties with zhang Jiaozhu but for her beloved Zhang Wuji, if she could ever find him again, she had made an oath to never love anyone else. Until the day her Wuji came back to her, if there was ever that day, she will live her life alone. Even if it takes a lifetime, she will wait for her Wuji to return. Not Zhang Jiaozhu. Never Zhang Jiaozhu.

Three summers have almost passed, and she never wavered on her oath. 

She had prepared herself for a lifetime of loneliness and solitude when she left the city, although it had been a great comfort to find that her brother has joined her when she buried their father besides their mother’s grave. Her tired heart had regained consolation and strength when she knew that her brother could ever forgive her foolishness and even arranged for their loyal vassal, A San and his new family to accompany her through her journey back to their homeland. Their company had given her solace, as she found old bonds that had withstood the years of war and upheaval, old loyalties that reminded her of her old life. Before she met Zhang Wuji. With them beside her, the journey had been smooth and safe, and she slowly regained herself back. 

This is the third summer since she said her goodbye to Zhang Jiaozhu.

She remembered the day she and her company finally reached the grassland. Her beautiful land. She was born and raised in the central plain, but she always loved when her mother told her about the beauty of their grassland. ‘If one day you can step your foot on the beautiful grassland, look around you for the vast greeneries, the clear river, the blue skies’ her mother used to say, with eyes filled with longing. She wondered if looking at those secret longing on her mother’s clear eyes that had unconsciously galvanized this yearning inside her to live her life freely, a dream that she once shared with her Wuji. 

She has lived her life alone simply as Zhao Min in her beautiful grassland. A San and his family have established their new abode nearby, while she chose the most secluded part on the piece of land that belonged to her family. She thanked heaven for her brother. She was no longer Min Min the princess, but her brother still instructed A San to secretly arrange for her to settle in their land. For her brother, she had picked herself up. She took the duties to herd the sheep, taking care of herself, moving on.

But she never forgets her oath to her Wuji. She has kindly and steadfastly rejected many offers for her hand from many in this new place. She could do what she promised she would do, and she did. She treasured new friendships she forged in her new place but she retired to her solitude at nights. She didn’t regret it, she would never regret it. 

Three summers have almost gone.

The weather suggested that the third summer would soon be gone as well, but Zhao Min still steadfastly waited for her Wuji to return. Not Zhang Jiaozhu. Never Zhang Jiaozhu. 

She wore her blue clothes today, her hair adorned with her favourite headpiece. She offered her prayers to heaven for her parents, and for her brother's safe return from the war, like she has always done in these past three summers, before she patiently herded her flock of sheep. It didn't take her long to realize one of the lambs were left behind. So focused was she on her little lamb that she did not notice a man was running toward her. A blue handkerchief in his hand.

“Min min…”

That voice stopped her dead on her track. That voice. The sound of the name that she has long forgotten. But she couldn't turn around, she did not want to turn around. What if that voice belongs to the man whom she has said goodbye to almost three summer ago? What if that voice belong to Zhang Jiaozhu, not her Wuji? 

“Min-min…is that you?”

The sound of him calling her name finally forced her to slowly turn around. She felt the minutes passed by slowly as he started to enter her line of sight.

And she finally saw him again, this man, wearing rough cotton clothes with his hair up on simple bun. Her old Wuji. Floods of emotion that she has long guarded washed over her. 

"Why only now you come?"

So much things she wanted to say, so many questions she wanted to ask, but she could only uttered that one question. She has been waiting for this Wuji to return to her for so long and she finally found him. Not Zhang Jiazhu, never Zhang Jiaozhu.

And heck yeah for Avengers: End Game. Whatever it takes!:mrgreen:

On 4/25/2019 at 1:37 AM, LaurenPanna said:

Grassland Reunion PART 3 Translation.

Credit to Weibo writer (Her original link below)

https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404363901264347349

Translated article in Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

The Auntie continued “It is even interesting to note that, this wiltful woman give her Son a weird name. Don’t you think it is Weird? Who would give their child such a name? Nian Niu? Cow? It is not nice at all. Doesn’t sound very auspicious to me.”

“What? Please say again!” Wuji couldn’t believe what he has just heard. He was Tearing uncontrollably at first, But when he heard of the name “Nian Niu” being mentioned, he instantly Stunned and dare not believe what he has just heard.

“I will say again then. You don’t have to talk in this kind of tone. Her son’s name is “Nian Niu”. Understand now? Why are you crying and laughing at the same time? Are you crazy?”

Auntie said impatiently. Can’t be bothered with Wuji, she walked away quickly, fearing that he may turn crazy and attack her.

Zhang Wuji felt like every single blood cell in his body has been frozed. He has a daring assumption that Nian Niu is his son. But he just did not dare to believe it. He did not want to be disappointed if this is not the truth that he wanted to hear.

He remembered that he used to name himself Zeng Ah Niu. How would he not know the reason why Minmin name her son Nian Niu?

Nian Niu Nian Niu – Missing Niu Missing Niu – Missing Zeng Ah Niu.

Suddenly, he is able to put bits and pieces together. Minmin is such a smart and confident lady. How would she marry anyone just like that? They both promised each other to stay together forever. He knows that she had forsaken the country and her family for his sake. How would she give up their relationship that easily? They love each other deeply. How would Minmin accept any other men that easily?

It must be that night! The night when he came back from Shaolin. It was raining heavily. They became husband and wife that Night. He strongly believe that this child is a result of the intimacy they had together. Nian Niu is his flesh and blood! How wonderful ! Little did he expect that they would have a child after those sweet moments.  

Thinking of the Sweet and intimate moments they both shared, Wuji felt happy and comforted.

Then, suddenly, he thought of what he had done. Refusing to leave with Minmin to Mongol, hurt her deeply. Minmin was all alone, being pregnant. She must have suffered a lot. She live alone all by herself. She has no one to care for her when she is sick. What if her old injuries acted up and had no one to turn to all those years?

He felt lousy and irresponsible as a husband. He is not even sure if she eat well and sleep well all these years? Whether their baby gave her hard time?  She has been facing Criticism all these years and he didn’t even know and can’t even be there to support her. He is such jerk, he thought to himself.

He is really grateful to Minmin for bearing him a child. This child is the best gift from the heaven. He need to see Minmin and their child as soon as possible, and tell them personally that he is wrong, he will use a whole lifetime to make amendments to them. He yearns to embrace Minmin, comfort her and let her know that he will never leave her again. He will take good care of both of them.

His heart is in pain. He owe her too much.

He quickened his pace on his way to look for Minmin. He can’t wait to hear it from Minmin personally, that Nian Niu is their Child.

Upon reaching her tent but he did not enter it, he said, “Minmin, I know you are inside. There is something I wish to ask you. Only you can tell me the truth.”

Minmin and Granny are trying to coax the Little one to sleep.

Minmin thought to herself. “The day I fear most is finally here. Blood is thicker than Water. He will find out about this child sooner or later. But She did not wish for him to find out. She did not want to have anything to do with him again. They have already been separated for 2 years and there are already a gap between them.

“Zhang Wu Ji, It is so late now. What do you want from me? “

“Minmin, please tell me that Nian Niu is our child. Is it because of that night?

Upon hearing that, Minmin frozed, she was holding her hands together very tightly with finger nails piercing through her skin that nearly bleed.

She cannot tell him the Truth! She want to have a complete break from him.

Zhao Min ah Zhao Min, it has been 2 years. You have been through the worst. You have been living peacefully all these years. You can do without him. You must be firm. Never be soft hearted!

“Mister Zhang, please stop joking. Yes you are right, I have a child now. But he is not yours.”  Minmin replied to Wuji who is outside of the Tent.

“Minmin, please don’t lie to me, If he is not mine, why did you call him Nian Niu?”

Minmin panicked. But she remain firm in her tone, and said , “Mister Zhang. Please do not read too much into it. I randomly pick this name. Nothing to do with you at all. My Child’s father has a Cow. The Cow is a symbol of our Love. So I name him to commemorate the cow.”

Now Zhao Min is truly regretful for coming out with this ridiculous name without giving much thought to it. So, she cooked up a reason to lie to Wuji.

Wuji laughed. Only Minmin would think of such a lousy excuse. In the past, he may just believe her words. But now, after experienced so much, he is no longer that Silly and foolish Zeng Ah Niu. .

“Minmin, you don’t have to lie to me. Nian Niu is our Child. I know. If he is not my son, then who is his father? I did not see you talking to any other man all these while. You lied to me, right?”

He said this with much careful thought, he feared that Minmin would push him away again.

“Zhang Wuji, His father has passed away due to illness. We got married without informing anyone. His illness came in a sudden and He passed away just like that. I feel very lucky to have married my husband. Please stop doubting my love for him. I love him and he love me deeply too.” She replied Firmly and seriously.

Zhang Wuji almost stopped breathing hearing that. He does not believe. His heart is now in pain. But he understand how Minmin feels. He is willing to wait for her to put down her grudges towards him and come back to him. He will treat her well and tell her, he has been waiting for her.

“Minmin, why did you go against your heart and lie to me? I know you are still angry and refuse to forgive me. But why won’t you admit that Nian Niu is my son?  I want the truth.”

Minmin closed her eyes and shout fiercely “ZWJ! Listen carefully! Nian Niu is my husband’s Son. My Husband is already dead. Although he is no longer with me, I do not allow you to insult him behind his back. Please do not think that I still love you. I already said. I sacrifice so much to be with you. But you hurt me because of your Brothers. 2 years ago, I already decided that I do not want you anymore. I have no more feelings for you. Why would I bear a child for you? Even the wooden hairpin is destroyed, We have nothing to do with each other anymore!”

She collapsed on the floor after she finished her piece. She had no more strength left. She fought back her tears, pretend nothing has ever happen and that She is just bidding farewell to a stranger.

But She started crying uncontrollably. She wanted to hurt him on purpose to make him leave. But her heart is in pain that she could not breathe anymore.

She knows that he is hurt too. But both of them has a gap now. Everything about them were in the past. What exists between them are grudges and family hatred. She need to end it here and now. She must not be soft hearted.

Wuji is heartbroken. Why would Minmin marry other man? He cannot accept this truth. He wish that time could turn back. IF he is given another chance to turn back time, he will not hesitate and leave with Minmin. But all is too late. So what if he is highly skilled in martial arts? So what if he is good with so many things? He has lost Minmin’s heart.

Both of them are just physically a few steps apart but it feels like a distance away.  

Thanks for the fanfics

On 4/29/2019 at 12:08 AM, chipz03 said:

I agree that he might not want to attract attention of the guests. Although previous versions, he had mentioned or alluded that this matter related to XX? (2000 version and/or 1986? if I am not mistaken). Sometimes I wonder, ZZR did not want WJ to find XX because deep inside she really  did not understand WJ, but also perhaps she felt some fear that her bad deeds will be spilled by XX (again,  I am bit fuzzy about this part. In the previous versions, XX knew that it's ZR who did all the crimes at the Snake island right?).

I made 2nd part of my fanfic. Not that good but hope you'll like it hahaha. This is the first time (well, 2nd time after the first portion of the fanfic I made several pages back) that I ever made and shared my fanfic :sweatingbullets:

Set after he ran to hug her on the grassland, and before they rode the horses together. 

Reveal hidden contents

A fortnight had passed ever since Zhang Wuji met his Min-min again. Fourteen ethereal days, yet he still could not believe he had finally found her again.

That fateful day, Zhao Min was tending to her little lamb who had lost its way when Wuji found her. Many words left unsaid, many questions left unasked when he ran toward her. He did not want to think of anything else, could not think of anything else. He only wanted to feel her close to him again, to let him know that she was real. That she was not just a figment of his desperate imagination, a cruel twist of reality that had tortured him in the last three years ever since he heard her farewell. Ever since he watched her back as she walked farther and farther away from him.  

“Min-min..I finally found you again”

That night, they sat on her secluded tent and they talked. They talked about all the hurts and disappointments she endured in that three years she spent by herself. They talked about her secret struggles to regain herself. They talked about her resolution to spend her lifetime a lonely maiden if she never found her Zhang Wuji again. Her temper flared when they talked about his former members’ betrayal that had caused her father’s demise. It hurt him so to see how deep he had hurt her heart. Those tearful eyes, those broken sobs had mercilessly pierced through his heart. But Wuji could not let the topic dropped. He needed to talk this out with her. He needed to clear this out with her. He knew he risked his chance to be back with her, but he knew that his Min-min needed to heal. To let all her pain, her anger, her regrets out on him. On him. He could not be her fortress three years back for he was bound by his duty toward his people, but he could now. He would. Even if he was three years too late, he could not give up. Not now. Not ever. He was willing to shoulder all her bitterness, her hatred, her anger if it could repay all the tears she had shed. All the tears caused by the betrayal of his own members. No, his former sect’s members. He could spend his eternity making it up to her. He would. Even if what she wanted was for him to give up his life. He could. He would.

Although he should thank heaven that she just kicked him out of her tent that night.

He did not give up. He could not give up. He had traveled so long, so far for her. For her forgiveness. For her heart. He could not give up. He would not give up.

Zhao Min walked out of her tent the following dawn to find Wuji sitting on the wooden bench beside her tent, nodding his head off. Sleep had lulled him away from the cold morning. This man. Wearing his rough cotton clothes with his hair up in his now-messy bun. Her old Zhang Wuji. She sighed. She had hurled hurtful words toward him last evening, she had slapped him last night, but he did not fought back. He never fought back. He did not say a word, not even a whisper of self-defense. So she sent him out of her tent. She needed time to think, needed space to bury her anger.

Yet seeing him there, his body slightly trembled from the coldness that pierced through the bones had tugged her heart. She quickly went inside and took a thick fur blanket to cover him. She noticed that he was thinner. His face was more sunken, with dark circles visible underneath his eyes. Her Wuji’s beautiful eyes.

“Min-min..”

The feel of the warm blanket had woken Wuji up. Zhao Min quickly took a step back. “I should have given you blanket last night. I am sorry. It must be very cold..” said Zhao Min as she tried to sound non-chalant. Wuji quickly stood up from the bench. He ignored the stiffness of his back, the numbness in his limbs. He did not care. All he wanted was to treasure her words, her concerns. He smiled earnestly. That smile. Zhao Min thought. Her Zhang Wuji’s smile that she had missed all the time. She quickly turned herself around. “I am going to prepare some breakfast. "You..can wait inside the tent for some warmth. It’s..too cold outside” said Zhao Min again. Her words were simple, but for Wuji, to hear her say these words were like music to his ears. He felt elated.

That cold morning, simple breakfast prepared by Zhao Min was like a feast for Wuji. He kept looking at her face as if it was his last chance. She looked thinner. Her face was pale. Suddenly his mind flew back to that time at the farmer’s hut more than three years ago. To the yesteryear when she would still fight for him, stood by him. Back when he finally realized that his strength to reject her had waned and finally evaporated. She looked so pale back then too, yet she put her brave front to trick him into believing that she had healed. She had told him that her porridge was overcooked and burnt, but he liked it. Just like he had finally admitted that he had irrevocably fallen for the lady who had prepared it so lovingly for him.

‘What have you done these past three years?’ ‘Have you always been in the grassland?’ ‘When did you finally come to your senses and abandon the leader position?’

They started to have simple talks to accompany their breakfast, and Wuji felt his heart was filled with joyful feeling. A sense of happiness that he had long forgotten amid arduous fights against the enemies and the long lonely journey back to her, a wave of emotion that he had yearned to thaw his jaded heart. He finally felt this foreign yet so familiar feeling again, a sensation that was secretly shared by Zhao Min as well.

He would fight for her heart again, even if he needed all his lifetime to bring her back again. He would. He could.

On 4/29/2019 at 12:13 AM, penforella said:

Hi All,

Is the link to fanfic in another thread? Can someone point me in the right direction?

I tried to go through previous pages to look for it but I can't keep up :blink:

Many thanks.

I am in the same boat thus why I went way back to see if I can discover and repose the fanfic to recent so it will be easier to find.

Also, I thought I was crazy to be SO stuck on WJ-MM of this version.  I never intended to get hooked on this series.  I was DONE with HSDS a long time ago cuz I gave up on finding THE WUJI. 

I BRIEFED through it cuz I like Yuke in AOL so much.  Never thought I would get hooked...

I will gave the author his credit for the idea of ZWJ...but wild cheers and FULL credit is gaven to the screen, director, production team and ESPECIALLY Joseph and Yukee of this version for perfecting Wuji and Min min. 

Thank you.  Sorry if I repose.  I started off at page 100-120...then I realize I missed a beginning of a fanfic somewhere so skipped back to page 50  (yeah, I know it is SO sad I have been reduced to this...hahaha:D) but I can't help it...and reading some of the comments from all the awesome members made me feel SO much better that I am definitely not alone in this.   Thanks all:)

On 4/29/2019 at 2:33 AM, graceeedwardmom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Zhao Min and Wuji holding hands while talking both eyes pinned on each other with longing feeling.
She said "I've replayed the scenario of revealing my background over and over in my head. About how to tell the world and how to continue life after that but still i couldn't find the best way other than death. Zhang Wuji loves Min Min Temur and she does too. She betrayed her country and family to be with him and he insisted marrying her despite his position and resistance of the world. He didn't neglect the country or his woman.  It's just fate has take its role and the mongols takes betrayal severely. She must die otherwise Temur loyalty to the Great Khan will remain in question. She must die in order to keep the revolution free of distrust, suspicion and disintegration. Both sides of war could move on and fight for what they believe. This is the best solution i could come up with."
Zhao Min's voice trembled with teary eyes she continued "My father.... i'm sorry but he's not.... Ru Yang Wang has been a great father to me. His fatherly love is part of my life. He couldn't bear to kill me even if it takes only one stab to end everything. He... I....." She can't continue her words as Wuji pull her into his embrace tightly to give her strength she need the most. For the first time in her life, she let go everything in his embrace. All these years, she holds everything inside her tough and cruel demeanor.
"You're the heartbeat of this revolution. Min Min Temur death had solidify your reputation, your credibility is unquestionable. This is the moment we've been waiting for... The moment to unify and restore everything back to our nation. Do you understand? We can't risk what we had achieved this far. "
Wuji nodded his head and hold her tighter. He only can imagine how she been through within the enemy's camp all the years physically and emotionally. She must be tired and exhausted within all the facade.
Slowly, Zhao Min pulled her out of his embrace. She stand facing the wall and urge Wuji "I think you should return now, people would suspect you."

Helplessly Wuji asked her "So where will you go? You should at least tell me so i can be at ease"
Zhao Min give him the sweetest smile, lightly she said "Remember before the burning pagoda incident, i told you i would like to wander the world if i'm not a princess anymore. I thought it was only illusion, but you have make it possible. I thought when my original plan succeeded chaos would fall upon the people for years until i don't know when. But you change everything. People believe in you and you have a good and pure heart not bitter like me. When the Mongols leave, they will announce you as the new ruler and restore everything peacefully under your leadership. I will be around to see that happened that's my dream too."

Wuji face stiffened, "how could you said something like this after what we did tonight, what about you and me? If you wanted to leave me so badly why you come near me. You're my wife now, you have obligation to serve me and stay wih me and i must protect you.... FOREVER...."

"What???!!! Wife, we didn't have wedding, how can i be your wife??

"My parents never have wedding ceremony. I never care about that either. You know and i know deep within our hearts we belong to each other and that's what matters and i'm bedding you tonight, try to runaway from me, i will find you no matter what."
Wuji's words pierced right through her heart. They never been a proper couple as the cirscumtances forced them to think and act maturely beyond their age. Suddenly, the young girl inside Zhao Min felt ashamed and the rush of blood to her head make her blushing. The view amused Wuji, he stand up and walk towards her, she quickly bow down her head and think of what to do, but he is faster here before she decide what to do, her lips are already taken by Wuji's lips. Wuji locked them as he give the smooch and the noise it produce, once it finished Zhao Min already trapped inside his embrace again, her body is so small like it was eaten up by Wuji's broad shoulder and chest. In the silence she decides she must leave early tomorrow morning. She must not debate Wuji tonight as it will useless anyway. She quickly make a lie "I will be here for you, but you must not spend the entire night here. You must listen to me, everything will be over if they know I'm alive. I will help you dress up now."
Wuji gives in and accepts her proposal. She dressed him up and makes his hair. They are not messy but still take some time to be cared with. Both resisting the temptations in their minds, they are so close, she can't feel his heavy breath on her face.
Before leaving, Wuji tell her "I'll come to you to wander the world, I will settle everything here as soon as possible. You must wait for me."
She nodded and felt very touched. They hugged tightly before Wuji left the door.
Once he's gone, she felt like there's a big hole in heart it aches her, she cried.
She can't wait for tomorrow morning to leave the inn. She must leave now.... Away....

To be continued....

Here's my continuation of my fanfic. I'm redoing eps49 in my head and finally finished it.

Now i must push my brain to compose eps50. I hope to make my version of ending as the show disappoint me. 

On 4/29/2019 at 4:52 AM, LaurenPanna said:

Grassland Reunion PART 6 – Xuanming Elders 

Credit to Weibo Writer.

Original Link: https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404364637800922054

Reveal hidden contents

Aggrieved, he said, “Minmin, I was so afraid you will avoid me, So I waited for you before Dawn. I scared you will leave for Sheepherding without me and not allowing me to accompany you.”

He frowned with sadness. His eyes sparkled with innocence, he look just like a child being abandoned by his parents. Minmin can’t help it but to give in to him.

Unable to reject him, she touched his face and say, “okay okay, I won’t leave you alone. Am I not here now?” 

She suddenly feel a sense of guilt towards him. But Wuji’s pathetic and pitiful look is really adorable. She laughed at herself for harboring the thought of torturing and bullying him.

“Minmin, I miss Nian Niu, Can I go in and hug him?”

She regretted being soft-hearted just now. She thought to herself, “What? Just when I started changing my attitude towards him, he starts to request for more? I can’t let him get too close to Nian Niu, otherwise, separation will be more painful in future.”  

“No ! Nian Niu is still soundly asleep. You Don’t know how to handle kids, you might wake him up if you go in now”

Zhang Wu Ji pouted and Mumbled to himself, “Nonsense he has already woke up….. I heard his voice just now….” But He did not dare to speak aloud. 

Minmin vividly heard him mumbling. “What did you say? Zhang Wuji? What are you mumbling about?” She asked.

“Nothing, Minmin. Let’s go for sheepherding now!”

He is sure that Minmin’s heart has softened gradually. But she has not totally forgiven him. If he bickered with her now, she might reject him again. He does not want her to push him away again.

The Grassland and the Sky, forms a Horizon over the field. There is no trace of life. Occasionally, you could hear Dogs barking.

The grass trembled at the gentle caress of the wind.

A tall and slim woman holding a sheep whip, relaxingly tends to a herd of Sheeps. A young man follows her wherever she goes, with ease and grace.

It has been a relaxing day for them. Although Minmin is still a little cold and aloof towards him, she didn’t chase him away or act harshly towards him.

He is contended.

“Even if she is an ice berg, I will melt her with warmth” He thought to himself. But It did not occur to him that, Once an ice is melted, it will be gone as well.

Just like any other normal day, Minmin reached home after a hard day’s work, Zhang Wuji accompanied her.

Granny waited for them at the entrance of the tent. It is a little unusual for Granny to do that because normally Granny will be playing with Nian Niu in the tent instead of welcoming her at the Entrance.

“Granny, Anything happened today?”

Granny Smiled, “there is really nothing we can hide from you.”

Overjoyed, Minmin excitedly asked, “Grandpa and brother are back?!”

Granny nodded her head and held Minmin’s hand, gesturing her to come into the tent.

“Come on in, I cooked a table of food, and we are all waiting for you. They are now playing with Nian Niu. And it had been 2 months, they missed you so much.”

Zhang Wuji heard what Granny said and was upset. He does not want his wife to be so close to other Man, and thus he followed her closely.

Granny didn’t notice him at first but when she saw Wuji’s pleading look, she said “Minmin, Invite your husband in to have dinner with us.”

Minmin pouted her lips, “Granny, He is not my husband. He has already eaten. Don’t bother about him. Let’s go in. I am so hungry now, I am craving for your Horse Milk wine.”

Zhang Wuji was puzzled. He has been with her at work the whole day. How can she not know that he has not eaten anything? She is so cunning to even think of such an excuse to chuck him aside.

Granny said, “Min, don’t lie to me. He has been out with you, working hard the whole day too. Are you sure he has taken his dinner? Please don’t say things in a fit of pique.”

She turned to Wuji, “Don’t listen to Min, She didn’t mean what she say. Come in and have dinner with us. I cooked many dishes!”

Wuji thanked Granny immediately, “Thank you Granny!, I won’t stand on ceremony then!”

He stepped into the tent without waiting for Minmin to speak.

“After all these years, he finally become smarter.” Minmin thought to herself.

Wuji has been well-mannered throughout the dinner session, pouring wine for the family, helping them to wash up. The whole family is very pleased with Wuji, and is rather impressed with his mannerism. They even reprimanded Minmin for being too harsh on him.

Minmin thought to herself, “Again! he made use of his big innocence eyes to get into the good books of others”

Wuji felt heart warming that Minmin has been well-taken care of by this kind family who treated her like their own. It would be unimaginable if she came across others with ulterior motives or hidden agenda instead of kind-hearted ones like this family.

As days go by, Wuji wakes up early to wait for Minmin, accompanies her to work daily, eats dinner with the family, stays a little longer with them and have some bonding sessions with Nian Niu nightly.

Although Minmin has not totally warmed up to him, not acknowledging that Nian Niu is his son, He is already very contended to have the chance to see them every day.

He is clear that, in order to patch back his relationship with Minmin, he needs an opportunity or rather he needs to create an opportunity to make that happen.

Wuji already had dark circles under his eyes now. Minmin could not bear to see him looking so fatigued. She told Wuji not to wake up so early but he refused to listen, as he is afraid that Minmin will leave him alone again.

There is nothing she could do, since he insisted to do that daily. So, Minmin let him be, “Well, who knows, he may give up after sometime.” She thought.

Zhang Wuji gets along really well with Grandpa, Granny and Brother. He frequently chatted with them wholeheartedly even when Minmin is not around. In fact He love chatting with them when Min min is not around, so that he can know more about her through them. Sometimes, Minmin is interested in knowing what they were discussing about, but they would just keep quiet and pretend that they are not discussing about her. Minmin is also too lazy to pursue the truth as well.

Seeing how sincere Wuji is, towards Minmin, they feel that Wuji is an honest guy with integrity. They persuaded Minmin to let go of the past.

Every night, when she saw the scars on her shoulder, she would be reminded of the sacrifices she made for him. She would sometimes dreamt of her father, and her elder brother, and of those days when she was still a Princess. If she could made amendments in time, her Father would not have died tragically. She can’t forget, she can’t let go. She really can’t.

One morning, Wuji was absent. He did not come waiting for Minmin as he usually did.

“maybe he is tired of everything now. Good to let go. I can continue with my life, not to be burdened by our relationship again”

She thought. But She is desolate. Feelings of emptiness is tearing her apart.

She sobbed with tears. She is suddenly not used to everything without Wuji.

She laughed. “Zhao Min ah. You can’t do without him now, can you? It is okay. You still have a long way ahead of you. You can forget him. You can do it.”

She went to work as usual. Time seems to pass by very slowly.

Just then, She spotted a man on a galloping horse, moving closer and closer towards her.

It is Brother.  

Brother looked panicky and nearly fell from the horse.

She has never seen Brother in such an anxious mode before.

“Why are you in panic mode? Brother? Did something happen at home?” Minmin asked.

Brother took a deep breath and said, “Minmin, Quick! Come home with me! Your husband is seriously injured. He might not be able to make it through!”

Minmin laughed, “Brother, Who taught you to lie to me? This is not funny at all, okay?”

Brother said, with a dead serious look on his face, “Minmin, why do I need to lie to you? Your husband came looking for you, but you already left. Then, 2 men appeared, they were highly skilled in Martial arts. One of them wore black, while the other one wore white. Xiao Zeng called them Xuan Ming Elders. They fought for a while and suddenly Xiao Zeng was seriously injured by them. He vomited a lot of blood and lost conscious after that.”  

Minmin frowned, “Did Zhu Lao Si send Xuan Ming Elders to assassinate Wuji too?” she thought to herself.

“Brother, don’t worry. Wuji is highly skilled in martial arts. He has the protection of Jiu Yang Shen Gong. Xuan Ming elders are of no match for him. Even if he is injured by them, he will recover in no time. Let’s go back together now!”

“Minmin, he is of no match for the both of them. They subdued him without much effort at all. He suffered a great blow from one of them and lost conscious immediately.”

Minmin starts to worry now. Xuan Ming Elders are money-minded and cunning. If they fought him openly, Wuji will surely be able to handle them. But if they were bribed by despicable being, and dirty-handedly plotted against him, then Wuji would be in trouble. Moreover, ever since Wuji arrived in Mongolia, he did not practice martial arts for a long time, and any skills unused would be left rusty…... the more she think of all possibilities that could have happened to Wuji, the more afraid she is. She galloped her horse with full speed.  

Zhang Wu Ji ! Zhang Wu ji!. Nothing must happen to you ! I may not have forgiven you, But I want you to live well, even without me.

Please don’t let anything happen to you ! Please!!!

But….. She was too late.

He is lying unconscious. He is unresponsive. It looks like he is just sleeping soundly.   

But….

She moved her trembling fingers to feel his breath.

He is not breathing….anymore...

Thank you for the translation.  :)

On 4/29/2019 at 9:44 AM, LaurenPanna said:
  Reveal hidden contents

#hauythien HẬU Ỷ THIÊN

CHƯƠNG 1: LỊCH KIẾP

Sau khi Trương Vô Kỵ đến Mông Cổ tìm Triệu Mẫn. Họ đã thành than với nhau sinh ra 1 trai và 1 gái. Con trai thì giống Trương Vô Kỵ hiền lành đôn hậu còn con gái thì thông minh bá đạo giống mẹ. Cả nhà họ sống bên nhau rất hạnh phúc. Cho đến khi Truoqng Vô Kỵ và Triệu Mẫn đều đã già con gái của họ đã gả đi, còn con trai thì đã được Trương Vô Kỵ đưa về Võ Đang theo các sư thúc bá học võ. Chỉ còn lại 2 phu thê, giờ đây Trương Vô Kỵ tuổi già sức yếu mắc phải bệnh nặng nằm liệt trên giường. Triệu Mẫn luôn ở bên cạnh chăm sóc hắn, tìm rất nhiều thầy lang chữa bệnh cho hắn, uống rất nhiều thuốc nhưng vẫn không khỏi. Hắn đã ngầm hiểu thời gian của hắn không còn nhiều nữa. Triệu Mẫn cũng hiểu nhưng nàng không thể chấp nhận được điều đó, thấy tướng công mà mình yêu thương nhất ra đi trước mình là một điều rất đau khổ. Nàng luôn ngồi túc trực bên giường bệnh của hắn. Hắn gắng sức nắm lấy tay thê tử:

-Ta biết ta không còn sống được bao lâu nữa. nàng đừng phí tiền thuốc thang cho ta nữa. Hãy lấy số tiền đó để dành cho nàng đi

-Không, thiếp không cho chàng rời bỏ thiếp. Chàng đã từng hứa sẽ ở bên cạnh thiếp cả đời không bao giờ rời xa thiếp

Triệu Mẫn vừa nói vừa rơi lệ. Trương Vô Kỵ lấy tay gạt đi nước mắt của nàng:

-Ta xin lỗi. Đời này của ta không thể thực hiện được lời hứa đó. Chỉ mong kiếp sau ta được gặp nàng sớm hơn, yêu nàng sớm hơn, chúng ta lại kết thành phu thê. Như vậy, ta lại có thể ở bên cạnh nàng không chia lìa.

-Không, thiếp không chỉ mong kiếp sau mà còn cả kiếp này, kiếp sau sau nữa chàng đều phải ở bên cạnh thiếp.

Nàng đặt tay hắn lên má mình nghẹn ngào nói ra tiếng lòng. Trương Vô Kỵ nhìn nàng một hồi lâu rồi nói:

-Được, kiếp sau sau nữa người ta yêu và muốn ở bên cạnh cả đời chỉ có mình nàng.

Hắn định đưa tay còn lại vuốt má nàng nhưng tay hắn chưa kịp chạm má nàng thì đã buông xuống giường. Hắn đã ra đi. Trong giây phút đó nàng khóc òa lên càng ngày càng lớn, nức nở gọi tên hắn. Khoảnh khắc ấy, lòng nàng như có muôn trùng con kiến đang cắn xé đau vô cùng. Hắn đi rồi, nàng ngày nhớ đêm mong, ăn không ngon, ngủ không yên. Nàng nhìn mỗi một đồ vật trong nhà đều nhớ đều nhớ đến hắn. Thương nhớ tột độ chẳng bao lâu sau nàng cũng mắc bệnh rồi qua đời. Sauk hi chết, linh hồn của Trương Vô Kỵ và Triệu Mẫn gặp nhau ở trên Thiên Đình. Hai người cùng bước qua cổng Thiên Đình bước vào đại điện quỳ trước mặt Ngọc Hoàng và các vị tiên. Ngọc Hoàng lên tiếng:

-Hai người dưới kia là ai mau khai báo danh tính

-Thảo dân là người phàm đã chết tên Trương Vô Kỵ, còn đây là thê tử của thảo dân tên Triệu Mẫn

-Thì ra là 2 ngươi. Trẫm cũng đã xem qua sổ vận mệnh của 2 người. Khi còn sống 2 người đã có 1 tình yêu đẹp khiến trẫm cũng thấy rất cảm động. Trẫm sẽ ban thưởng cho các ngươi được làm tiên trên trời các người thấy sao?

-Đa tạ ý tốt của Ngọc Đế nhưng thảo dân và thê tử chỉ muốn là 1 cặp phu thê người phàm bình thường. Không mong là tiên chỉ nguyện làm uyên ương cùng nhau trải qua hương vị hữu tình của nhân gian.

Triệu Mẫn và Trương Vô Kỵ nhìn nhau. Triệu Mẫn tiếp lời hắn:

-Không mong làm tiên, chỉ mong làm uyên ương, trên trời nguyện làm chim liền cánh, dưới đất nguyện làm cây liền cành.

Ngọc Hoàng nghe vậy liền cảm thấy thích thú:

-Được, trẫm sẽ cho các người đầu thai xuống trần tiếp tục mối lương duyên tiền kiếp.

-Đa tạ Ngọc Hoàng Đại Đế.

-Người đâu hãy đưa họ đến Tru Tiên Đài đầu thai

Ngọc Hoàng vừa dứt lời đã có 2 vị thiên tướng đi vào đại điện đưa phu thê Trương Vô Kỵ đi. Ngọc Hoàng:

-Ti Mệnh

-Có thần

Ti Mệnh là 1 vị thần trên Thiên Đình chuyên viết vận mệnh của chúng sinh. Ngọc Hoàng nói tiếp:

-Hai người đó yêu nhau như vậy khanh hãy giúp họ tạo nên 1 câu chuyện tình yêu đẹp nhưng cũng phải lắm song gió thì họ mới hiểu được đối phương quan trọng như thế nào. Như vậy mới không phụ ý tốt muốn tác thành của trẫm

-Thần tuân lệnh

Tại Tru Tiên Đài, 1 vị tiên đưa cho cặp phu thê 2 bát canh rồi nói:

-Trước khi xuống đầu thai phải uống hết bát canh này

-Đây là canh gì vậy?

-Là canh mạnh bà. Sau khi 2 người uống xong sẽ quên hết mọi ký ức của kiếp trước

-Không, ta không muốn uống. Nếu ta uống rồi thì chẳng phải ta sẽ quên nàng sao. Vậy thì ta làm sao có thể tìm thấy nàng ở kiếp sau

-Ngươi yên tâm. Ti Mệnh đại tiên tự sẽ có sắp xếp nhân duyên của 2 ng

-Ti Mệnh đại tiên là ai vậy ?

-Ti Mệnh đại tiên chính là người viết vận mệnh của chúng sinh vào sổ vận mệnh bao gồm cả nhân duyên cho đến chuyện sinh lão bệnh tử của chúng sinh.

-Thì ra là vậy

-Các ngươi mau uống đi

Vị tiên đó chia cho mỗi người 1 bát canh. Hai người cầm bát canh đó rồi nhìn nhau. Trương Vô Kỵ nói :

-Mẫn Mẫn, hẹn kiếp sau chúng ta lại gặp nhau lại kết thành phu thê. Ta nhất định sẽ đến tìm nàng.

-Thiếp đợi chàng. Cho dù có chuyện gì xảy ra thiếp cũng sẽ đợi chàng. Người thiếp muốn lấy cũng chỉ có mình chàng thôi

Nói xong 2 người cùng uống bát canh, Triệu Mẫn thì đã uống hết rồi nhảy xuống Tru Tiên Đài trước. Nhưng Trương Vô Kỵ chỉ uống 1 nửa còn 1 nửa hắn vẫn ngậm trong miệng, đến khi nhảy xuống trần hắn đã nhổ chỗ nước canh đó đi. Lúc này, trên trời đột nhiên xuất hiện 2 tia sáng giống như 2 ngôi sao cùng rơi xuống 1 bệnh viện phía tây thành phố rồi biến mất. Lúc đó có rất nhiều người nhìn thấy, họ nghĩ rằng đó là sao băng, ai ai cũng chắp tay cầu nguyện. Vì họ nghĩ rằng khi nhìn thấy sao băng thì những lời cầu nguyện của họ sẽ thành sự thật.

Tại bệnh viện Tây Thành ở phía tây thành phố Thành Đô, Tứ Xuyên :

-A ! Sinh rồi ! Chúc Mừng, chúc mừng ! Là 1 cậu bé kháu khỉnh, đáng yêu

Y tá vui mừng nói với người sản phụ đang nằm trên bàn đẻ

-Cậu nhóc! Đúng là cứng đầu. Suốt 4 tiếng đồng hồ mới sinh được cậu ra đấy! Làm mẹ cậu mệt gần hết cả hơi rồi kia kìa! Đúng là tiểu yêu tinh thích làm khổ người khác

Cô y tá đùa vs đứa trẻ vừa mới chào đời. Đứa bé cứ khóc giãy giụa lien tục trông thật đáng yêu. Bố đứa bé đứng chờ ở ngoài nghe thấy tiếng khóc của con mình cảm thấy vui sướng vô cùng. Một bác sĩ bước ra khỏi cửa thông báo tin mừng:

-Chúc mừng Tăng cảnh quan ông đã sinh được một cậu con trai khau khỉnh đáng yêu.

-Đa tạ bác sĩ Trần ông đã vất vả rồi.

-Bạn học cũ giúp đỡ nhau là chuyện bình thường thôi mà. Không cần khách khí. Ông mau đi làm thủ tục khai sinh cho bé đi

-Được tôi đi ngay

Đột nhiên điện thoại của bác sĩ Trần kêu lên:

-Anh! Chị dâu sắp sinh rồi anh mau đến đây đi.

-Ở đâu?

-Phòng cấp cứu tầng 3

-Được, anh đến ngay

Ngay lập tức bác sĩ Trần chạy lên phòng cấp cứu tầng 3 đỡ đẻ cho vợ mình. Còn Tăng cảnh quan đi làm thủ tục khai sinh cho con trai. Y tá hỏi ông:

-Họ tên cha, mẹ? Nghề nghiệp là gì?

-Tôi là cha đứa bé tên Tăng Mộ Từ, mẹ là Lưu Anh. Chúng tôi đều là cảnh sát

-Đứa bé tên gì?

-Tăng Thuấn Hy

-Xong rồi

Trong cùng một bệnh viện con gái đầu lòng của bác sĩ Trần kiêm Tổng giám đốc điều hành của bệnh viện cũng ra đời. Ông đặt tên con gái mình là Trần Ngọc Kỳ. 

Mối nhân duyên tiền kiếp của họ sẽ đi đến đâu mời đón chờ phần tiếp theo

Is this a Vietnamese Fanfic? 

Just to share... 

Looks like 

CHAPTER ONE

#hauythien

I can't read Vietnamese or Chinese ::::( and I have read most of the english  ones.   I wish I can read both...especially Chinese cuz you guys said there is so many good ones.

On 4/29/2019 at 7:00 PM, Yitian_fan said:

@vicious219 Roger that- I'll try to add a little bit each day (I have a definite leaning towards ZM scenes! I love her lines and it's fun to think about how to keep the meaning but, even more, convey the spirit of what she's saying!)

Thanks for that fanart, it's lovely- I'm reminded of some of my favorite animes actually!

Thanks also for the all the fanfiction (so much easier to read in English than Chinese for me!)

For people who are looking for more in English, here's a few of mine (and my Beta's!) too :)  I'll be adding more chapters to both in the next few days too!

[Long format]

Zhaomin-centric exploration of what I think would should have happened in a universe where the story allows Zhaomin's cleverness, boldness and vision to fully develop. AU, unabashedly Zhaomin-Wuji (slow burn), with a twist on the usual Soul Marks.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18294353

[Collection of one-shots]

ZM/ZWJ centered one-shots, each chapter is a separate scene, mostly canon-compliant, with a little AU elements

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18228215/chapters/43804078

Thanks I read most your English fanfic.. wish I can read Chinese so I can read those interesting ff you recommended.

疾云
After Min’s 'death' ZWJ tries to kill RYW, but RyW gives him a dressing down, Minmin lives of course but her family and a Mongolian prince are a bigger part of the barriers between them

* 忌敏之年少时
Child ZWJ and ZM meet!  Only 1 chapter so far, but cute!

* 绿柳成荫花满堂
ZWJ fails ZM and when he tries to kill himself, instead he is transported back to the moment at Liu Manor in the trap and he gets a second chance. Awesome in that ZWJ is TOTALLY into Minmin from the very get-go!

On 4/30/2019 at 5:09 AM, jackieusa said:

Lending her his shoulder:wub:

xorAmEc.jpg

First thing seeing her face in the morning reaction:wub:

QoYfrDe.jpg

Heart pain hearing his uncles calling MM witch:(

rbbL5vv.jpg

P.S. Finally able to post screenshot:lol:

Xox:)

On 4/30/2019 at 8:38 AM, LaurenPanna said:

Very nice read

Story from Wuji perspective, wuji personal thoughts and feeling. Only he knows 

https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404366875101397802

Will translate one day

:( can't read chinese

On 4/30/2019 at 11:22 AM, ildiz said:

Same here. :D

006EsKeely1g2iklhu4kgg30dw0cwhe2.gif

All credits to the weibo owner. 

Love this moment.  He is so MAN!!  Lol

On 4/30/2019 at 2:30 PM, ildiz said:

Never get tired of the kiss scene:wub:  All credits to the weibo owner.

Hide contents

005IcKI1ly1g2dgdf87n1g30dw09nkk1.gif

005IcKI1ly1g2dge3ghq0g30dw07skjq.gif

005IcKI1ly1g2dgdzcaabg30dw07r1l3.gif

005IcKI1ly1g2dgdno020g30b80gs1l7.gif

005IcKI1ly1g2dgdwol64g30dw0d37wq.gif

005IcKI1ly1g2dge1fui7g30dw0af7wl.gif

005IcKI1ly1g2dgdqk152g30dw0b1x6v.gif

005IcKI1ly1g2dgdt9t9xg30dw099npk.gif

005IcKI1ly1g2dgdjslg0g30dw0cie8d.gif

Darn it!! ONE kiss in 50 episodes. ...sighhhhh...

On 4/30/2019 at 2:58 PM, chipz03 said:

Nice to see pages still growing in this thread. I am having withdrawal for HSDS 2019, and Wuji-MM chemistry. :bawling:

O my, I laughed so hard at the additional notes on the translation of Xiaofu's scene when she was thrown with vegetables :joy:. Totally changed the mood of the scene hahaha. But kudos to all who have spent their times and efforts subbing the episodes, translating fanfictions, weibo posts, wonderful GIFs, and sharing fanfictions. I love reading your fanfics and I thank you all for all your awesome efforts :love:

Hi bluesky888. Thank you for your comment regarding my fanfic :blush:. I planned to make several short stories that are sooomewhat connected. The first three chapters are a bit angst-heavy as I was hoping to elaborate on their meeting and eventually reunion, but I planned to extend the stories beyond the last scenes on the series (like some short chronicles type of thing haha). I hope to make future stories in lighter and happier tones. :sweatingbullets:

So, I included the 3rd part of my fanfic in the spoiler. Set between 2nd story and the last scene where they rode the horses together. Angst-heavy but hope you like it :blush:. Hopefully next parts will be lighter :sweatingbullets:

Reveal hidden contents

Almost one month had passed ever since Zhang Wuji found Zhao Min again in the grassland.

The past month had not been kind to the two young people who once, in a distant past, held each other closely as they struggled to make peace with their demons. They had to weather storms after storms of emotional turmoil as they faced their old wounds, their old resentments. As she struggled to forgive his past decisions to accept his members’ abhorrent tactic that costed her father’s life, for she knew that he had betrayed himself to come to that decision. As he struggled to find that peace that he had been relentlessly chasing in the past years, for he knew that he would not find solace until he could seek her forgiveness.

There were times when he felt that the invincible wall between him and his love was far too wide, far too high for him to climb. But he persisted. For her happiness, he had buried his own suffering in the deepest abyss inside his heart. For his Min-min, he could endure. He would endure.

For her. All for her.

Hours passed as days and nights came and gone, leaving behind old scars and new memories. Zhao Min sat quietly on her tent, as she had been doing in the last hour. One month. Thirty sunrises. She had passed these days with him, her beloved Wuji nearby, and she knew how battered her Wuji was.

Zhao Min could see the tired eyes looking back at her when they talked about the wars he had fought alongside his former sect’s members. She saw flashes of fear, sorrow, and anger in her Wuji’s eyes that she had never seen before. Emotions that she had never wished to see on her Wuji. Her beautiful and kind Wuji.

In those tearful eyes, she saw a disillusioned young man, a disenchanted leader who had to grapple with his members’ betrayals at the expense of his true love’s feelings for the sake of their common goal of winning the battle for their people. He never told her, but he could never hide anything from her. He always smiled in front of her, but he could not deceive her. She knew that he had been hiding his own pain for her. He had forsaken his own peace for her happiness. She knew, and deep inside her heart, she could no longer bear to see him this way.

Today marked the thirtieth day after Wuji had found her in the grassland, and she had made up her mind. She could not waste their precious times wallowing in self-pity anymore. She could not let them traverse these self-destructive paths any longer. It was time for her to find that forgiveness that she once abandoned long time ago. For her to close the sorrowful chapter of her life.

It was time for her to find back the real Zhao Min, that Zhao Min who had been raised to defy the odds. It was time for her to pursue the future with her Wuji. Their future.

“Wuji…”

Her soft voice calling his name brought him back from his reverie, making him spun around so quickly that he almost lost his balance. He could not believe that he would hear that name coming out of her beautiful lips again. He dared not believe.

She beckoned him to come inside the tent, and they sat down. She was facing him, he was looking at her. And for the first time in those long years, she finally smiled. A beautiful smile that had always caught his breath away. Tears once again filled her eyes and fell down her pale cheek like little broken pearls. But this time, he still saw that smile decorating her beautiful face. This time, he could finally see a glimpse of peace on her bright eyes.

And for the first time in those long years, he let all his guards down. He let all his pain washed over him as he cried. He cried for their long-gone pasts, for the years that had slipped away from their hands. He cried for her father, for all her sufferings.

“I am so sorry, Min-min”

He uttered the unbroken litany of apologies as his body was racked by his sobs. Tears had streamed down from Zhao Min’s eyes, as she threw away any traces of lingering hesitation on her mind. She pulled him closer to her, and she hugged him. Her Zhang Wuji. She hugged him protectively, whispering her own mantra of ‘I’m sorry’ to the broken man in her embrace. He pulled her tightly to him, afraid that she would be gone if he loosened up his embrace. He was unable to let go, unwilling to let go. He had long yearned for this miracle, had dreamt of this moment at every darkness fall.

That night, they did not sleep. They could not sleep as they sat in front of the tent. Her on his embrace, his cheek on her head. Treasuring every moment underneath the starry night sky, with the burning fire to keep them warm. They had lost so much throughout the years, had suffered so much for their love, and had waited so long for this moment. For her forgiveness, for his atonement, for their happy ending.

One month and a day had passed ever since Zhang Wuji found Zhao Min on the grassland.

That morning, they adorned the clothes they had worn on that fateful day. Her blue dress, his cotton clothes. And together they rode their horses, dashing through the vast prairie.

Carefree. Untroubled.

At last, they finally found their peace.

Also, thank you so much for the update on the lofter chat of the casts, Yitian. Greatly appreciate the info

Peace all:blush:

Thanks for updating your fanfic

On 4/30/2019 at 4:17 PM, deminni said:

OMG YOU ARE A GODSEND FOR COMPILING THIS!

Love this one because this was when they first met.

Hlzkk8p.jpg

Love this one, too, because this was when they met again.

wrTMfnn.jpg

More fangirling under the cut:

On 5/2/2019 at 4:21 AM, LaurenPanna said:

Grassland Reunion Part 8 – I am only Devoted to you.

Original Link: https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404365054526001019

Translation in Spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

She exudes a feminine charm that is alluring and mesmerizing. She look so adorable when she shy away from him. He can’t resist the temptation to Kiss her. How he wish he could hide her away so that no other Men Than Himself can have the privilege to admire her Beauty.  

Zhao Min can feel his stares even when she back faced him. “He really Live up to the name of Little Lecher (小淫贼)”

She thought to herself.

She shoot a glare back at him, and said, “Hey, Can you stop staring at me like that?”

Wuji smiled, “Minmin, You are so beautiful.”

Minmin was taken aback by his sudden confession, “Since when were you so frivolous? I wonder how many girls have you flirted with?” 

Wuji explained anxiously, “You always said that I am a silly person, How would I flirt with other girls?”

“Oh is it? How about Zhuo Zhi Ruo, Xiao Zhao, and your Cousin Zhu Er? Didn’t you flirt with them before? They were all so devoted to you.”

“Minmin, you are teasing me again. You should know that I am only devoted to you.” Said Wuji anxiously.

He pulled Minmin into his embrace, and locked her tightly.

He fondled her hair gently. Her fragrance took over all his senses. His devotion for her never changed. He loves her deeply, even more than before. That sense of belonging that he gets being with her is irreplaceable. No one can replace her in his heart. No matter how long they were separated before, Once he embraces her, he feels that his life is complete. He want to spend the rest of his life with her, the only woman he truly love in his whole life.

In the hug of his gentle arms, she heard his strong heartbeat. She knows that she can’t get away from his clutches anymore.

“No! He had been so mean yesterday. I should not forgive him so easily. If he see that I am easily pacified, then he would lie to me again. I must torture him for a few more days.” Minmin thought to herself

With a cold and aloof attitude, she said, “Zhang Wuji. Do you think that I would forgive you so easily after what you did yesterday? I am going to ignore you for few more days!”

Wuji kissed her forehead gently, and excitedly, he said, “No problem, Minmin, you just go wherever you want, anyway, I am still going to follow you closely everyday.”

Minmin rolled her eyes, and sighed.

“Is he really Silly by nature or just pretending to be foolish? Does he even know how to woo girls? Sometimes he can sweet talk, while other times, he just doesn’t understand what a girl wants.”

“Forget it. Blame it on myself for loving someone like him.”

She thought.

_____

Time passes by very quickly. Minmin is still ignoring Wuji. Wuji knows that he is in the wrong, so he didn’t mind her tantrums. He feels fortunate to be with Minmin again. It is normal for her to feel angry now. As long as he continues to make effort, Minmin will accept him one day.

Herd of Lambs strolling on the vast grassland against the breathtaking sunset.

A beautiful lady and her lover walked with them.

The young lady holding a whip, chasing after the lambs while the young man walking behind her seem to be tearing.

“Wuji, We seem to be missing one lamb.” Said Minmin suddenly.

“Don’t panic, let me count again. 1… 2… 3.. 4… “

“Oh dear, we really lost one of them. What should we do?”

Minmin said, “Don’t worry, this happened before in the past. You wait for me here and help me look after the rest, I will go look for it.”

She held a fire torch and prepared to leave. Wuji stopped her and said, “Minmin, I can’t let you go all alone by yourself. Let me go look for it. You stay here and wait for me.”

“No, Wuji, the grassland is like a maze when the sky turns dark. You are not familiar with this place. I will go. You stay. Otherwise if you lost your way. I have to end up searching for you instead.”

“Minmin is right.” Wuji thought.

“Okay Minmin, You must be careful then. I will wait for you here.” He gave her a Hug after finishing his sentence.

“Why is he behaving like we are going to be separated forever? Or maybe he just want to find an excuse to hug me.” She thought to herself. She totally lost count on the number of times he hugged her today.

“Okay Okay, if you do not let go of me now, the sky will become even darker later. You will be even more worried for me then when that happens.”

She touched his face and consoled him. 

Wuji nodded his head with a worried look.

Two hours has passed. Minmin is still not back. Wuji is still waiting for her at the original place. He paced up and down, feeling really anxious. If everything is smooth sailing, she should be back by now. Minmin, please don’t let anything happen to you.

Another hour has passed, She is still not back! No, he can’t just sit here and do nothing. What if Minmim bumped into some wild beasts or some other danger. They just patched back their relationship. He can’t let anything happen to her.

He brought the lambs back, Informed Granny about this and went back in search for Minmin. Brother and Grandpa wanted to tag along but Wuji stopped them. It is not convenient to have too many people on the move. What if anyone of them lost their way again, then they will be in deep trouble.

He shouted for Minmin on the vast grassland. No one responded.

As time passes by, Wuji became more anxious the more he imagined the worst. There are so much danger out there on the vast grassland. Minmin is not highly skilled in martial arts. What if she is Injured?

He lost track of the time. He almost lost his voice too from all the shouting and calling out for Minmin. And his legs are very tired now. He is like a walking corpse, shouting for Minmin.

Feeling pained and guilty, he blamed himself for not insisting to go on behalf of her. Even if he lost his way, with his martial arts, he can protect himself. But Minmin…..

Minmin ! Where are you !!!!

They were separated for years and went through so much to be together again.

He has yet to make it up to her. Nothing must happen to her!

He walked around the grassland aimlessly with a fire torch. He kept shouting for her name. Her beautiful smile completely filled his thoughts. He wanted her to come back to him badly!

“Zhang Wu Ji?” A gentle voice pull his thoughts back to reality.

“Minmin! Is that you? Where are you?” He anxiously responded.

“I am over here. You will see me if you turn around.”

Minmin is leaning against a tree. Zhang Wuji runs towards her.

He finally found her!

“Minmin, are you hurt?” He asked her anxiously and checked on her to see if there is any injuries.

“Of course I am not. Why are you so anxious? Hey! You used to be that prestigious Ming Sect Leader Zhang Jiao Zhu. Look at your behavior now.“

Wuji felt more assured now that she is still able to crack jokes. “Minmin, how can you crack jokes like that? Do you know how worried I am? I thought I am losing you again!”

He gave her a rough but affectionate hug which caused her to bump her head against his chest.

Oh My goodness, what is wrong with Zhang Wuji?! They were only separated for a while. He doesn’t have to be so worried. She felt so helpless.

She cuddled him and pat his back. “I am alright, don’t worry. This is not the first time I lost a lamb. I just didn’t expect the fire torch to burn out so quickly. It is more difficult to find my way back in darkness, so I decided to rest under a tree until the next morning after Sunrise. Why did you come looking for me?”

Wuji gently touched her face and replied affectionately, “Don’t you remember? I said before. No matter where you are, no matter how difficult it is, I would go to the end of the Earth to be with you.”

Minmin teared, “You are so silly. Why would I abandon you? I will not let anything happen to myself because I know I still have you.” She pat his head, as if she is coaxing a child.

“Minmin, So you have already forgiven me, right?” Wuji stopped frowning and Smiled Widely.

“Yes, I forgive you. You Silly!” She felt like she had fallen into Zhang Wuji’s trap. Forget it, He looked so worried just now. Let’s not torture him anymore.

“Minmin, So what should we do now? I walked aimlessly for so long. I don’t even know where I am now.”

“It won’t be too long till daybreak. Let’s just stay here overnight then.”

Wuji Nodded his head Excitedly, “Okay!!”

He finally can have Minmin to himself……for a night…….

They sat down. Wuji leaned against the tree. Minmin leaned against his chest.

He is so happy to cuddle his love one and admire the starry night together with her.

“Minmin, I was so anxiously looking for you that I did not notice that there are so many stars tonight!”

Minmin lifted her head up and look at the Starry night sky.

Twinkle Twinkle little stars, up above the Sky so high, Like diamonds shining in the sky.

The night is so beautiful. And Wuji is gazing at her affectionately.

“Minmin, your eyes are even more beautiful than the Stars.”

She turned around and realized that her man is gazing at her with love and tenderness. She melted at his tender loving pair of eyes, a pair of eyes to die for.

She felt his breath on her cheek and she lost her senses immediately.  

Slowly and Gradually, his lips brushed hers, softly, delicately, just long enough that he could inhale her breath. His Lips cool and smooth like fresh sheets on a summer night. She can’t resist him at all.

She trembled… and kissed him back passionately like how she wanted to be kissed.

He slowly and softly dart his tongue through her lips. There is an unhurried, sensuous joining of soul, and a complete arousal of the senses between the two of them…….

Thank you for your effort to translate the fanfic!!  Make my day:)

On 5/2/2019 at 4:37 AM, LaurenPanna said:

I can't let my husband know I did this 

I... MUST..  BE.... CRAZY.... 

Screenshot-20190502-163358-com-facebook-

Hahaha I love it.  Go girl!!

On 5/2/2019 at 10:40 AM, ildiz said:

Zhang Jiao zhu's double standard collection. :joy:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av51096970?from=search&seid=12143165156194487670

This is too good lol

On 5/2/2019 at 2:55 PM, chipz03 said:

Ah, coming here can help me with my HSDS withdrawal. Thank you all for all your contributions:bawling:

As far as I know, I have not found Indo Sub for HSDS. Might want to check for a FB called Kaypang Gallery. It's indonesian community of HSDS 2019. They might be able to help

So, I tried to make 4th of my fanfic. Hopefully you like it. I have been considering this next idea a bit, and  the drawing of WJ paying respect to ZM father's tomb (I think I saw it posted here?) had added some additional inspiration.

AU

Reveal hidden contents

Three months had passed ever since Zhang Wuji found Zhao Min in the grasslands.

And two months had elapsed ever since they decided to rebuild their relationships.

There were times when Zhang Wuji could not believe this reality. All that he had ever dreamed of, all that he had ever hoped for. That tiny flicker of strength that kept him going in the midst of his battles and journey to reach her. Everything that he had ever wanted. All had finally came true.

These past two months, he spent his days besides her. Under the morning sun, they herded her flocks of sheep. Her hands in his, his gaze on hers. They had put their pasts to rest, in the place where those sad memories should be. And at every sundown, they talked about their futures, their dreams. After so long, he finally felt peaceful, he finally felt content.

He could finally feel happy again.

Wuji had made a simple bed for him to retire at night. He had planned to build a makeshift tent where he could lie down at night. But, with Zhao Min’s insistence, they managed to put that bed near hers in her tent. And he did not protest. He did not complaint.

No. He definitely had no complaint.

To be with her in the same tent, to see her sleeping face was heaven for Wuji. Many nights he spent gazing at her sleeping face, earning him constant scolding from his Min-min. He chuckled to think that his feisty lady had finally returned. His beloved Min-min.

The morning sunlight had brightened the day as another dawn left them behind. Zhao Min went out of the tent when she saw her Wuji sat solemnly near the stream at the back of the hut. He looked pensive, lost in thoughts. She loved to see his face when he was deep in thought like that, but her curiosity and concern took over. So, as softly as her feet carried her, she went to him and sat beside him.

“What are you thinking about, so serious? It’s not even midday yet. Missing somebody far away from the grassland?”

She just loved to be able to tease her Wuji again. He turned his head sideway to see her. Her beautiful face. A soft smile rose on his lips as he pulled her to his embrace and gently kissed her forehead. He seemed to hesitate for a moment before he dared himself to ask a favour that he had been wanting to ask. A deed that he knew he needed to do.

“Min-min…I would like to pay respect to your father. I want to pour libation wine for him.”

His request caught Zhao Min off guard. She pulled herself away from his embrace, her eyes searching his. They just stared at each other before she finally broke their gazes. As quietly as she came, she stood up. A movement followed by Wuji who was anxiously waiting for her consent. Her rejection. Her response. Anything.

And she nodded. Without doubt, without hesitation, she nodded. Wuji felt a great sense of relief when he saw her small movement. He smiled so widely, so excitedly that Zhao Min could not help smiling herself. Her silly Wuji.

He quickly prepared several foods and wine for offerings, and they went to a secluded place behind her tent where Zhao Min had built tombstones for her parents. It was her constant regret that she could not bring their bodies to the grassland, their motherland. So she built tombstones to honour them.

Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min both kneeled in front of the tombstones. He sent his prayers to her father and mother, offered his deepest and sincerest apologies to her father for what his former members had done. For what his former members had caused.

He made a promise to them with each of the wine he poured and each kowtow he performed earnestly. An oath that he intended to keep until his last dying breath. He would forever be by Min-min’s side, to take care, honour, and protect her. He had hurt her in the past, a regret that he could not change. But he would try his best to make it up to her. He would make it up to her.

And he dared himself to ask for their permission to marry her. To seek for their blessings to ask their daughter if she was willing to spend her future with him. To spend her lifetime together with him. As his wife.

Zhao Min once again noticed how quiet her Wuji was. Gently she tugged at his hand, catching his attention. He smiled, as he held her hand tightly. Their journey back to her hut was quiet. A comfortable silence as they enjoyed each other’s company. No word was said. No thought was shared. Just being together. Walking together. Her hand in his. Their tranquil happiness.

Three months had passed ever since Zhang Wuji found his Zhao Min in the grassland.

And two months had gone ever since they let go of their past miseries.

As the sun rises tomorrow, Zhang Wuji promised to himself, he would ask his Min-min to be his wife. To accompany him for the rest of their life. To live their future together.

He smiled determinedly. He turned around to enter the hut where his Min-min was busy preparing their dinner when the sight of a man in front of the bamboo gate stopped him. He recognized the man from their encounter long time ago at Wudang. Back when he and Zhao Min were still enemies. Back when he had not had any idea what that fluttering sensations in his heart were whenever he saw her after he tickled her foot.

“A-San?”

He instinctively became more alert. A rush of adrenaline went through his veins, a sensation he had not felt in the last two months. His happiest two months. He could feel his Nine Yang inner energy throughout his body. Although he still kept his emotion as he knew that A-San and his family had accompanied Min-min, keeping her safe and protected throughout her journey to the grassland.

“Zhang Wuji! I came here not to fight with you. I came here to have a friendly talk to you!!”

A-San words caught Wuji by surprise.

‘A friendly talk?’

Wuji was dumbfounded. He did not know what to say or how to react as the older man came approaching.

But he had a suspicion that this talk might not be that friendly after all.

Peace all:blush:

Thank you for the fanfic update!!:)

On 5/2/2019 at 7:06 PM, jackieusa said:

Princess carry collections:wub:

ptuSuVX.gif

Woffnof.gif

0SytUCv.gif

:)

On 5/2/2019 at 10:56 PM, deminni said:

This chapter was really fun to write! I'd never written action scenes before, so it was a bit of a struggle there haha. Sorry if it's weird and choppy at parts. Also, Chapter 5 is half-written and a future chapter has also been started, because again, I didn't intend for this to go on for more than a few chapters, but it has grown into something of a sequel instead of just a revised ending?

I have lots more ideas for this story, and hopefully can get them onto paper as soon as I can. Thank you to everyone who has commented, liked, and is just generally enjoying this! (I'm starting to feel bad for what I'm doing to Wu Ji lololol)

Title: Fortunately

Chapter 4:

妳便是我 命運安排的人

You are the one fate has arranged for me.

--

“Would you continue to look for three more years? What if you never find her again?”

She is particularly inquisitive here, and Wu Ji can relate; he’s asked himself these questions often in the beginning. What if I find her and she doesn’t forgive me? What if I have to spend the rest of my life looking for her? What if all this is for nothing?

Wu Ji’s resolve has long been steeled.

aytl1Kx.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Wu Ji gets up early just as the sun is peaking out from behind the desert hills on the horizon. The skies are a light wash of blue, and blue, as Wu Ji has become acquainted to, is his favorite color.

He ties the handkerchief around his wrist, concealing it beneath his top sleeve and puts on the rest of his thin cotton layers.

Wu Ji can smell da shum’s food as he steps out into the field. After he feeds Ping On, who unsurprisingly has taken well to having proper shelter, meals, and grassland to roam, Wu Ji is lured to the outdoor kitchen by the smell of delicious cooking.

Da shum greets him with a big smile. “Zhang da fu, you are up early!”

Wu Ji stretches a bit as he says, “Da shum, please call me Wu Ji. There is no need for formalities between us.”

She doesn’t look up from meticulously dicing the vegetables, but she conveys her sincerity through the gentleness of her voice. “I call you Zhang da fu out of respect because it has been so wonderful with you here. I know you have been hard at work not just on the fields, but also looking for herbals for us old folks, and we are so grateful for you.”

“No, it is da shum and da ye who have helped me so much since I’ve come. Wu Ji doesn’t know how I can repay your kindness.”

“You can repay me by eating all of this food!” She throws the vegetables into the sizzling wok. “Wu Ji ah, you are too thin. I can’t imagine it being easy traveling all by yourself. If da shum doesn’t fatten you up, your wife might come find me and make me pay for mistreating her husband!”

At this, Wu Ji chuckles ruefully and looks down at his hands. “She might still be so mad, she won’t care.” It's my fault she left. I deserve this.

He hears her put down the spatula and looks up to see da shum’s face soften. She is looking at him like she understands, and Wu Ji feels the need to avoid her eyes.

“Wh-what can I help you with today, da shum?” He picks up a daikon and holds it awkwardly.

Da shum laughs kindly and takes the vegetable from him. “You can help me set the table. It is just us this morning.” She goes back to finish sautéing the veggies. “Your da ye is not feeling well and is sleeping in. You can take a break today, Wu Ji.”

“Sick? Is he okay? I can check his pulse and see what’s wrong.”

“No no, no need. It’s just old people things. You can check after we eat. Let him sleep. Now come.” She takes two plates of food into the main yurt and Wu Ji follows with two bowls of congee and utensils.

He takes the first sip of congee and is thankful for another day of da shum’s cooking. As he eats, Wu Ji can sense the weight of her eyes on him, glancing his way every other bite.

“Wu Ji, I notice you wear a blue handkerchief around your wrist. By any chance is it from your wife?”

He nods and glimpses at the fabric peeking out from beneath the layers.

“Before she left, she had embroidered it for me.”

He takes several more scoops of congee successively, suddenly anxious.

Da shum is oddly contemplative, like she has many things to say and tell and ask.

“Wu Ji, I don’t mean to be pry…” Wu Ji has a feeling he knows what she is about to ask.

“…but to look for your wife for almost three years is no small feat. I know she is stubborn--" She pauses. "To not see you for three years must be tough for her, too. What had happened?"

“I—da shum…”

She puts her spoon down and earnestly waits for Wu Ji to continue. “Wu Ji ah, tell da shum and maybe this old lady can still be of help. If nothing else, it might be good to just talk about it instead of holding it all in.”

Wu Ji hesitates, not because he does not trust her, but because it has been so long. Ever since she left, ever since Wudang Mountains, he has not uttered a single word to anyone about her parting.

Fan Yao had been the only person who knew the full extent of the story having been in on and witnessing the plot come to fruition, and he was also the only person remotely concerned about her after the fact, but at that point, Wu Ji had resolved to absolutely not talking about it.

He was not going to share how he tried to plead for her to stay. Even when he knew that was impossible, he begged her to wait for him, that he was going to fulfill the promises he had made to her.

“I’m asking you for the last time. Are you leaving or not?”

Wu Ji has never seen her look at him this way. She had been angry with him before, for not trusting her and for denying his feelings for her, but never like this. There is finality in her eyes that chilled him to the bones.

Wu Ji did not want to answer this question; he tried to explain to her the severity of the situation they were in, but he fell on deaf ears.

“And whose responsibility is this? Back when I had intruded on your wedding, I had wanted to gamble with myself. I wanted to bet that your heart was like mine, that you were going to be able to throw away everything to travel to the ends of the earth with me.”

Her eyes break away, and Wu Ji wants to scream. He fears.

Nothing can prepare Wu Ji for the tearful words that come next.

“But I accept that I have lost.”

There is no life in her eyes.

“I will not come bother Zhang Jiao Zhu anymore…”

He calls her name to no avail.

“And I hope Zhang Jiao Zhu will not bother to look for me.”

Wu Ji blinks away the dampness clouding his vision, and he can only shake his head as he begs her not to continue. She always had other ideas.

“Back then, I was able to risk everything to follow you. Now, I am also able to do everything in my power to stay away from you. I, Min Min Temür, can do exactly as I say. The only thing I regret is that the price I had to pay was with my father’s life.”

Wu Ji remembers flashes of it now.

He catches the discarded hairpin. She walks past him and firmly does not turn back.

He had stood there for so long, watching as she and her father became little specks of indiscernible dust in the distance.

Wu Ji hadn’t returned to Ming Sect. It seemed his heart had a mind of its own. His feet unconsciously took him towards the direction she had left in, but he couldn't come with her. Not then. Wu Ji was lost at a crossroad.

He somehow ended up in the only place he knew that was as close to home as he could possibly remember.

Tai Shi Fu’s words had never left him.

“The things that cause regret in this world are countless. But you are still young. Any regrettable situation can still be amended… A person’s heart can move even Heaven and Earth.”

Wu Ji’s right hand firmly clasps his scarf-tied wrist.

“Her father’s death,” he begins, eyes unfocused as he recounts a story he has tried to repress for years now.

“It was caused by people I call my brothers. Da shum, Jiang Hu can be a dangerous place, but the rules are solidified, black and white. If you kill someone, you pay those dues with your own life. A debt owed in blood should thus be paid in blood. Even if I don’t agree, I can at least understand it. But war. War is even more treacherous than I could have ever imagined.”

Da shum nods, and Wu Ji knows she would understand. Her son was also a casualty among the other millions of souls lost through numerous battles and conquests.

“I… Da shum, I led my people to fight against the Yuan army. I know that your son was probably one of the—“

“It’s all right, Wu Ji. I know what you are going to say, but you don’t have to feel guilty towards me. I have watched my father, my husband…” She pauses and Wu Ji sees her melancholy smile turn to him. “…and my son all leave home to fight as patriots, not knowing if they were ever going to be able to return. No matter which side it is, I am sure the reasons are all the same. You were just doing what you had to do for the sake of your country.”

Wu Ji nods earnestly, grateful for her acceptance.

“Now tell me, what does the war have to do with her father?”

His sigh is nearly indiscernible. “Her father is Chaghan Temür, Prince of Ru Yang.”

Wu Ji can hear da shum’s sharp intake of breath. “And your wife…”

He nods and da shum’s hand goes to her mouth. “She was born to royalty, jade leaves on golden branches 金枝玉叶, but because of me, she had severed ties with her father and her homeland. She left everything behind for me, and I could only stand there and watch my men kill her father.”

“Wu Ji ah, did you know of their plans?”

He feels indignation rising from within. “No. No, I did not know. They had purposely left me in the dark because they knew I would have never agreed to it.” He looks at da shum and silently pleads for her to believe him. “I would have never agreed to it. They knew how much she meant to me. Everyone knew.”

“Did she?”

Wu Ji’s eyes flicker in uncertainty at the question. She had to have known.

“I… I don’t know.” He pauses and considers the weight of this knowledge. “I’d promised her we would travel the world together. I fully intend to keep that promise, but she had asked me to leave with her then. After her father’s passing. I couldn’t. The war… I couldn’t just leave.” His mouth is dry and Wu Ji finds it difficult to continue.

“You had your responsibilities to your people and your country.”

He nods again, forcing himself to finish. “I had made promises that were bigger than myself. In order to keep those promises, I couldn’t leave with her. She asked me not to bother looking for her, but here I am almost three years later.”

Da shum contemplates to herself for a brief moment and asks, “Would you continue to look for three more years? What if you never find her again?”

She is particularly inquisitive here, and Wu Ji can relate; he’s asked himself these questions often in the beginning. What if I find her and she doesn’t forgive me? What if I have to spend the rest of my life looking for her? What if all this is for nothing?

Wu Ji’s resolve has long been steeled.

“Even if it’s an eternity, I won’t stop until I find her.”

It seems enough of a confirmation for the elder woman.

Da shum takes his hand and cups it in hers; she is gleaming in a calm of motherly affection Wu Ji thought he’d never find again.

He suddenly feels small, transported back to a wintry oasis surrounded by three loving parents.

“Wu Ji ah, if I ever see her, I will tell her she is a very fortunate young lady.”

Wu Ji feels a wash of thankfulness come over him once again.

--

After checking up on da ye and being relieved that his cold is minor, Wu Ji mentally logs that he needs to gather citrus and aster for the older man’s formula. He can set out today and stock up on everything they need.

He asks da shum to borrow one of the ox carts and heads to a small forest seven lis east as directed.

Wu Ji first scavenges for herbals, and then proceeds with the task of gathering firewood.

He is poised in front of two trees and begins to cultivate his nei gong 內功, careful to appropriate the exact force needed to knock down two trees and not the entire forest.

Wu Ji has a fleeting thought of how absurd it must be to the previous generations of Ming Sect Jiao Zhus that he is using Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi 乾坤大挪移 to essentially chop down wood and stockpile them for an elderly couple in the middle of Mongolia.

He spends half a morning collecting as much lumber as could possibly fit on the oxcart and is proud of his assemblage.

As Wu Ji is loading the cart, his ears pick up the rustling of footsteps on fallen leaves. He freezes and listens.

He hears the footsteps hastening. There are two sets.

Suddenly, a figure bursts through the thick of the forestry a distance away and is rapidly moving past the landscape. Wu Ji is on vigilant watch as the second figure, a female donning all white and a veiled hat, uses qing gong 輕功 deftly, shadowing the first.

It is a game of cat and mouse.

Both martial artists maneuver through the woodland swiftly and cleverly, fabric and leaves moving in unison with the wind. With their qing gong, the pair kick off from the trunks of trees to change directions as they glide across greenery in a chase that resembles dancing.

They are fast, but the female pursuant is faster and smarter, Wu Ji notes.

She takes one leap upwards, high into to the canopy of the forest, then uses both feet to propel herself, spinning past the first figure in a perfect arch to stop squarely in front of him.

She lands with grace and finality, a swirl of white stark against the emerald backdrop, sword pulled and directed at the man. He knows he has been caught.

The pair is now only a few yards away from him, and Wu Ji ducks behind a tree, continuing to monitor the situation.

The female assailant abruptly thrusts fortified steel forward, but the man sidesteps her and barely has time to duck before she turns and swipes her sword horizontally, every move intending to kill. He has no weapon and Wu Ji notes that he is oddly not retaliating with any offense of his own.

He continues to dodge attack after attack, feet working in a zig zag pattern as he glides backwards through the crackling of tumbled leaves, but with every swipe of her blade, Wu Ji knows the man is in more imminent danger of losing his life.

When the man slows, she takes the opportunity to strike, successfully slashing his arm, and a deep gash blooms bright red instantly. He falls to the ground. She does not delay her next move, and as her sword nears, Wu Ji’s body wills him forward.

He jumps out, surprising both of them, and uses his arm to block the hilt of her sword from coming down on the target. She looks at him through the snowy cloak, and though the thickness of the fabric obstructs him from her appearance, Wu Ji knows she is not happy that he has stepped in.

She tries to move past him, but Wu Ji is a secured force.

This time, her sword is turned on Wu Ji.

She lashes out, but Wu Ji can tell she is holding back. She uses her sword to create just enough distance to push him back to create distance between them in order to get to the other man.

Wu Ji easily avoids the weapon, and simultaneously grabs the man off the ground. They fly back a few feet and Wu Ji now stands between predator and prey.

The man is breathing hard, but no one says a word.

Wu Ji is the first to speak. His hands go up in the formality of fist to palm and slightly bows his head as a greeting. “Nu ying xiong 女英雄, I am Zhang Wu Ji.”

She says nothing, tightening her grip on sword and sheath, and turns her back to him as an act of dismissal.

Wu Ji continues. “I apologize if I have caused offense today. I just could not stand by and watch an unarmed man be killed. Though I do not know what had transpired between you, I hope that my interference can save his life. Whatever it is, perhaps we can discuss and resolve it.”

The female fighter is silent for a few beats.

Then with the retraction of metal into leather, she simply walks away.

Wu Ji doesn't understand why he has the sudden urge to stop her.

He doesn't.

He stands there watching her leave, and in the blink of an eye, she flies up and disappears through the forest in a haze of ethereal white.

He is no stranger to highly skilled martial artists with eccentric characteristics and knows it is usually best to leave them be.

He turns to the man behind him. “Xiong di, are you okay?”

“I am fine. Da xia 大侠, please accept my gratitude.” He respectfully bows his head to Wu Ji, hand firmly pressed against his wound. “Goodbye.” The man abruptly turns and walks away, and Wu Ji is left bewildered. Both people had acted so strangely.

He supposes it could have ended worse, and suddenly remembers that dai shum and dai ye are expecting him to return soon. He should probably also head back before more trouble arises.

Wu Ji hurries to his cart, relieved that everything is still where it should be. He jumps on and prods the ox forward. He muses that the last time he was on one, she was with him.

As he rides back, Wu Ji listens to the sound of wood on gravel, silently noting the absence of teasing and laughter.

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/44319919

Please don't give up on this fanfic.  So so good:)

On 5/3/2019 at 12:48 AM, jackieusa said:

Hahaha.... Let's compared how Zhang Jiao Zhu expressed his body language:)

Look at that cheeky smile.:wub:                                                                                                                                                    

iXyXOPR.gif

What smile?:lol:                                                                                                   img%5D

Heartbreak for Wifey.:worried:

5twLfqR.gif                                                                                                 

ZR! you interrupted my thoughts of MM's bite marks.:angry:                                                                                                   CKx8fmL.gif

Lol :)

On 5/3/2019 at 8:56 PM, kimmortal said:

Sorry if this was posted before but I think it’s a much longer version of the Wuji Double Standards Compilation. 

I really like how the editor shows us the comparison shots of Wuji’s eyes. He stares so tenderly at Zhao Min.

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4367973788359241/4367994530524981

This comparison is so good.

On 5/4/2019 at 1:52 AM, Yitian_fan said:

Me too!  I think their kiss is so-so on the hot scale, but their hugs are on the order of "melting!" on the same scale. My knees go weak just watching them hug! :)))) So much love!

Thanks AppleBanana!  I tried but the youtube clip doesn't work in my geography. Any others?   Thanks for trying in any case!

@LaurenPanna The "double standards" MV is awesome!  Those fans have the most hilarious comments, the first part where he says goodbye to everyone and he says to ZM, "I'll be back" the comment reads: "What will you do to her when you come back? Please be more specific!"

Edit: Have to share this from a C-fanfic, in this case when ZWJ announces he insists on marrying ZM. Soooo cool!

Eagle King: 你一意孤行,很有可能大凉容不下你们。You act unilaterally, and there a good chance the capital (in this fic he is a prince and Ming sect leader) will not put up with you two.
ZWJ: “天下之大,总有我们的容身之处。” The world is big, there will be a place that will tolerate us."
Eagle King: “若这天下也容不下呢?” "And if the world is not big enough to tolerate you two?"
ZWJ raises his head to look at Eagle King, and seriously says, each word pronounced clearly: 张无忌抬头看着鹰王,认认真真,一字一句的说道:“那无忌就把这天下打到容下她为止。” "Then Wuji will beat the world into enduring her."

Hahaha wish I can read that fanfic.  So funny.  Thanks for the translation :)

On 5/5/2019 at 6:01 AM, chipz03 said:

Thank you so much for the GIFs!!  I love them all :love:

And I really like YC.  Besides her acting skills,  she seems to be a nice person and more genuine. Hope she and JZ can keep out of any troubles, they sure can go far

I found this weibo account that did very nice drawing of WJ and MM,  including the one where it illustrated when WJ paid respect to RYW. 

I included the links to some of the drawing that I love.. I put in spoilers as there are some that are quite mature :relaxed::sweat_smile:(very artfully and tastefuly done though). All credits belong to the owner and kudos to the artist who drew such pretty pictures. 

Reveal hidden contents

This one quite mature,  but very tasteful and artful.  Beautiful 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4368567526763620

Love this one too

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4367649393644551

Beautiful life ahead for WJ and MM

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4366572241756359

A bit on the mature side,  should be inspired by after the rain what could happen. Hahaha

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4366149368081699

WJ paid respect to RYW

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4366242074557839

Thanks

On 5/5/2019 at 8:04 PM, Yitian_fan said:

@PutriSing  Thanks for the note on the fanfic. :) That particular plot bunny refused to let me sleep till I got it out there... and I really think ZM would have found a way to test-help WJ in his search!

@jackieusa  Your gifs are sooo awesome!  One of my fav 5 seconds of ZM/ZWJ is the "little pervert" scene because Joseph looks so adorable there!  Also like your "break fall" gif collection. You rock!

@vicious219 I think I might have lost the subs for 46 :(  But I'll see if I can redo some of them!  Thanks for all your massive efforts on the translation coordination front!

Keep the love goin' you guys/gals! (Ok, so at some point, I need to get back to real life, but for a little while more this is awesome!)

For the mandarin-enableds, a few more recommendations on c-fanfic!

http://sylvia-lingji.lofter.com/post/1d88de35_12e93ba3c

AU diverges when ZM gets pretty sick after the rain scene, and she forgets what happens after the wedding scene, so that she is still resigned to them being apart while Wuji is frantic (ZM tries to juggle her family and WJ more evenly)

http://nlxxkoff.lofter.com/

Modern day AU where WJ is a student and ZM a high powered CEO- both are fascinated by each other (warning some pretty close to harassment from ZM of ZWJ but much fun adaptation of the hand under chin scene and the "Good sister" trope since in this case ZM is indeed older than ZWJ!)

http://ruanniguaizhuyue.lofter.com/post/204d4e35_12e917216

AU diverges at Snake island, when ZM drifts back onto the island.  ZM decides that ZWJ is right- her position between her father and WJ is unsustainable.  She chooses to meet ZWJ head-to-head in battle post-Snake Island, and her 2nd wish for ZWJ: That he show her no mercy when they clash. Of course angst/sweetness results

Oh yes, and the cute "little ZM and little ZWJ meet" is done (just 3 chapters) I mostly like it that even as kids ZM disses ZZR and ZWJ is completed befuddled:

http://trianglehaibao.lofter.com/post/204d3e4d_12e849497

http://trianglehaibao.lofter.com/post/204d3e4d_12e89e606

http://trianglehaibao.lofter.com/post/204d3e4d_12e90a517

This author also has a series of very popular one-shots of various fun/cute ZM/ZWJ scenes

Inspired by this I'm toying with the idea of a fanfic where ZM insists to her father that she wants to go spend a summer learning wugong from Wudang, so she disguises as a little boy to do so (guarded, of course, by Fanyao)- this happens to be the exact summer after ZWJ's parents die that WJ stays at Wudang to be treated, and ZZR appears briefly etc. Although ZM is younger, I'm sure she will have little WJ following her around calling her "Hao gege"/"good brother" in no time! ;)

So many plot bunnies, so little time! (If someone else at this site wants to adopt a plot bunny to turn into a full fic, please let me know, you're welcome to any of mine, and I have more to share- just ask!)

Hahaha please write Hao Gege hahaha :)

On 5/6/2019 at 12:17 AM, deminni said:

I love the progression of their skinship. In the beginning, ZM was the one who kept touching WJ and holding his hand, and slowly, it turned into WJ holding onto ZM. Once his feelings had been solidified and he finally made up his mind, WJ initiated nearly (if not all) the hand holding! I love this. Thank you for sharing!

On 5/6/2019 at 5:22 AM, LaurenPanna said:

Both father and son fall in love with "little demoness" in others eyes

Both SS and MM love to dress up as man, and even better, both love to impersonate their boyfriends lol. SS impersonate ZCS, MM impersonate ZWJ. 

Both women are strong characters who fight and give up alot for love boldly 

Is that the Reason why Yang Xiao has a surprised and Impressed look on his face when Minmin said at the Wedding Clash  " I INSIST" - 我偏要勉强“

I like that he seem to be be really impressed with her courage. That he felt he lack of, for going after JXF.

I think YX is really impress by BOTH Wuji and Minmin.   And he respect them not cuz Wuji is sect leader and Minmin is his chosen one.  He see that they both are so young but SO bravely and willingly fight and make great sacrifices for each other and their love. 

I think he wished he and his love had done the same.  I think he especially admire Minmin character even though she is supposed to be the "enemy".  I don't think he is discriminating or racist towards her cux he himself was discriminated by the world that is true love belong too. So I think he empathize with Minmin cuz he was put in that same position.  However he respect and admire her for not giving up and kept fighting.  I think if he was not injuries he wouldn't have agree to tell plot to kill Minmin's dad..thus separating the love birds..  he knows what it is like to be separated from the one he loves most.

On 5/6/2019 at 6:07 AM, LaurenPanna said:

Grassland Reunion – Part 9 – you can start accumulating good Karma now

Original Link: https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404365411788391842

Translation in Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Slowly and Gradually, his lips brushed hers, softly, delicately, just long enough that he could inhale her breath. His Lips cool and smooth like fresh sheets on a summer night. She can’t resist him at all.

She trembled… and kissed him back passionately like how she wanted to be kissed.

He slowly and softly dart his tongue through her lips. There is an unhurried, sensuous joining of soul, and a complete arousal of the senses between the two of them…….

Minmin blushed. Her heart is beating fast. She totally lean against him and could not move.

They kissed for a long time. His hands started to move all over her body. He caressed her breasts gently.

Minmin’s face blushed even more. She closed her eyes lightly. She totally immersed herself in his touch and yearned for more.

Then, He grew bolder. He inserted his hands into her clothes and when he touched her soft and smooth skin, he lost his mind.

A Strong breeze came, Minmin suddenly woke up. The Man on top of her is trying to devour her and she felt utterly embarrassed .

“My goodness, what are we doing?! If not for this strong breeze that awaken me, we would be doing it here…….” Thought Minmin.

How can she do this?

Zhang Wuji felt that she is no longer responding to his desires, thus commanded her, “Minmin, Stay Focused!”

She pushed Wuji away and thought to herself, “Focus what? Zhang Wuji! Do you know what you are doing? You totally lost your mind to lust. You want to do it here? Are you crazy? Even if you really want it, at least it has to be done on a bed…… right….”

Minmin pulled her top back and hugged herself by the tree.  Her face turned red beyond words could described. She is too shy to face him now. Wuji did not understand why Minmin want to push him away. Perhaps this is her way of showing that she yearns for more. This made him lust for her even more. 

He pounced on her like a hungry wolf and kissed her madly again.

Minmin pushed him away fiercely this time round.

“My goodness, is he overcome by lust? Didn’t he see that I just rejected him? Why did he pounce on me again?” She thought.

Zhang Wuji puzzled, “Minmin, Why?”

Minmin pout her lips and back face him .

Wuji suddenly woke up to his senses. He is ashamed of what he did awhile ago. He feel like a beast doing something like that to Minmin.

“Minmin, I am so sorry. I shouldn’t do this to you in public area like this. You may scold me or hit me, I am really a lecher…. I really don’t know what happened to me earlier on”

“Zhang Wuji! You are really shameless!”

Minmin is really very angry now. He explained, “Minmin, it’s all my fault. From now on, I will watch my behavior. But you have to be lenient on me, you Know I always cannot control myself in front of you.” His voice turned softer at the last part of the sentence.

Minmin interrupted his sentence so as to end the awkward moment. “Ok ok , I know. You don’t have to explain anymore.”

Wuji Smiled, “Minmin, good that you are so understanding.” Then he pull Minmin into his cuddle again.

For the whole night, They cuddled together and slept well.  When she woke up, she realised Wuji is looking at her tenderly again. She wonder if he slept well like her too.

When they reached home, they were told that Grandpa and Brother intend to leave for business trip the next morning.

At Dinner, Granny said to Wuji, “Since you and Minmin had already patched back, then just come over and stay together with us. Otherwise it is so inconvenient for you to stay with outsiders. After Grandpa and Brother leave, we will have some space to accommodate you.”

Wuji is overjoyed upon hearing that. Finally he can share the same bed as his wife! Hurray!

Minmin did not look up and continue eating. She knows Granny’s intention. She wanted the both of them to be together again and she wants another Grandchild.

After Seeing Grandpa and Brother off, Wuji lugged his belongings over. Happily, he said, “It is so nice to stay together with my wife. My Landlord had been exploiting my labor, knowing that I need a shelter from her. “

Minmin felt heartbroken hearing that, “Did she ill-treat you?”

“No, Who dare to Bully your husband? Your Husband is a martial arts expert.” He said nonchalantly.

“If not for your good fortune, you would have die a thousand times before” , she thought, feeling amused by his words.

He smiled and stroked her little nose and said, “Who else other than you, the Little demoness dare to bully me?”

“ Zhang Wuji ! How dare you called me a Little Demoness! Hmph! “

She pretended to be angry with him. He pulled her into a cuddle again. Gently, he said, “Minmin, I am willing to be bullied by you for a life time.”

The night beckoned.

Minmin does not want to consummate with him so soon. She purposely spread a mattress  on the floor for him.

“Can’t we share the same bed? I don’t take up a lot of space usually.” He pouted.

Minmin rejected his request , on an excuse that Nian Niu need to co-sleep with her.

Granny walked in suddenly, and carried Nian Niu to another room. “Nian Niu will sleep with me from now on”, Granny said.

GRANNY!!!! YOU KNOW TOO MUCH!

Then, Granny returned and said to Wuji, “Hey Minmin’s husband, Go get a bucket of warm water for your Wife to soak her feet, she has been so tired these few days. “

Granny Smiled.

Wuji understood Granny’s intention and quickly followed her instruction.

Wuji returned with a mild scratch on his face, blood oozed out from the opening of the wound. Minmin felt so heart pain seeing him hurt. She wanted to help him to apply some ointment for the wound but was stopped by Wuji.

“No, you must soak your feet first, otherwise, the water will turn cold.” Minmin smiled and listened to him.

Wuji helped her to do foot reflexology and Acupressure on her soles. She felt relaxed all of the sudden.

“I thought you are only well-versed with medical knowledge. 

But Look, you are so good with massage as well.”  She teased him.

Her words triggered a reaction inside him.

“Why not I massage your foot every night from now on?” He looked up at her intently and smiled.

“I don’t think I have done any good deeds in my life. Why should I deserve to have such good treatment from our Zhang Da Jiao Zhu?” She continued to tease him.

“Well, you can start accumulating good Karma now.”

Minmin is surprised at his reaction. WOW, he is good with girls now, isn’t it?

“Alright, you little Lecher, I don’t want to apply ointment for you anymore, you do it yourself!” She looked down and wiped her wet feet. Wuji put the bucket away.

“Minmin, Don’t be so cruel please, I was hurt because I went out to get Hot water for you.”

He sat very close to her and continued, “Sigh, I am such a pitiful guy. I went through so much to be with my wife but my wife didn’t want to accept me. Now that we finally patched back, still, no one cares if I was hurt.”

Minmin’s heart softened and said, “Ok Ok, bring the medicine box for me.”

Suddenly, Wuji flipped and pounced on her. He whispered, “Minmin, Do you still remember what happened the other time after I washed your feet for you?”

Minmin pretended she didn’t hear what he said, “ Zhang Wu Ji! Get down from my bed. Your bed is over there.” She pointed towards the direction of the carpet.

“Minmin, today, Nian Niu told me that he wants a Baby Brother and Sister.” Wuji Smiled Cheekily and Minmin Knew what he is up to.

“Nonsense! Nian Niu would never say such things, You better Not……”

She didn’t have the chance to complete her sentence. He kissed her, very quickly, he darted his tongue through her lips. His Kissing techniques has improved.

She could not resist him at all. Her mind suddenly turn blank and she totally immersed herself in his embrace.

Thank you for the fanfic translation!! You'really awesome!!!:)

On 5/6/2019 at 11:25 AM, chipz03 said:

I want to chip in about the members of Ming sect in this stories,  perhaps more like annoyed rants :sweatingbullets:

I am also very annoyed with the hypocrisy that the members displayed toward MM.  Well,  of course MM is their enemy and there's too deep of enmity  with her dynasty but their stubborn double standards against her is just frustrating for me. They are more than ready to turn blind eyes toward ZR sins (as ZM had raised the issues in front of them)  just so that WJ did not get himself involved with ZM.  They are quick to judge and kept on pointing fingers at ZM based on their prejudice and suspicion of ZM might be able to do instead of solid evidences.

I found it ironic that not so long ago,  before events of GMD, they were the ones who received the wrongful accusations and judgements from the 6 sects.  Yet,  they were so quick to forget how unpleasant that feelings are and become just like their accusers: unfairly pointed their fingers and threw accusations toward ZM, non-stop :triumph:. Bai Mei Yin Wang and Yin YeWang seemed to forget how the label of evil woman was once thrown at YSS.  I just found that very ironic.

And suddenly they also knew what's best for WJ. They wanted to dictate his life to fit their agenda. Never mind if he might not be happy marrying ZR,  never mind that what he wanted was to be able to live freely and happily with ZM (like in this version,  WJ said that his yifu did not want him to step back and pass the torch of Ming sect leader to the descendant of Yang Ding Tian (in the ox cart before MM wistfully thinking of what their free future can be,  if I am not Mistaken)). It's like as long as he is their leader, they want him to do what they envisioned him to do. Like,  he doesn't have any right for his own life.   Uurgh... I am very annoyed with this hahaha.

Phew.. Sorry for the rant hahaha

ZM always the prettiest for me among the girlsm. Perhaps because her confident attitudes and her leadership charisma. She exudes that strength and boldness that unrivaled by the other three girls. She can flirt with WJ,  be mad at him,  taunt him.

In this version,  she can also be weak as she's human, a young girl at the end of the day,  but she got back up and fight another round.  Even though she might not be the prettiest in looks,  all of these qualities make her the most beautiful for me.  For this version,   ZM is also the prettiest when she wore the simple clothes at the farmer's hut.  She looks glowing and so beautiful there :wub:

Peace all :blush:

Right on!! Exactly how I feel about Ming Sect people.  But better said:)

On 5/6/2019 at 3:46 PM, jackieusa said:

Since we are on this topic about MM's beauty.  Lets vote who is the most beautiful girl in HSDS 2019 universe.

I'm only compared 6 girls since they're all involved with ZWJ and had more or less potentially chance to become his lover/wife.

I know beauty is 'in the eye of the beholder'.  So lets take WJ's point of view to determined.

1. ZM: Lol...based on all these stared from Zhang Jiao Zhu, MM is definitely his number one beauty.:wub:

WHdlR3C.gif

With fake mustache on and he still admiring her beauty.:lol:

Muj6AOT.gif

Oh...he's a long goner with that adorable face and grin.

HS2cpmj.gif

2. ZJZ: WJ had developed infatuation with this girl and also acknowledged her as a beauty with a evil heart.

3OvSlXo.gif

3. XZ: Since XZ's mom was the number one beauty when she was young, so I assumed XZ inherited her mom's genes. But too bad WJ only see her as a little sister, no romance what so ever.   

KjtLL4x.gif

4. ZZR: WJ might had developed infatuation with her after they encounters again but I think he sees her more like a benevolence and friend after he met ZM.  They mentioned a couple of times in the drama that she's beautiful and SQS is also crazy about her.

kPpGYYS.gif

5. YL: I believed YL is also beautiful specially after she healed her face's scars and she also resembled YSS (WJ's mom).       

YgIM7ob.gif

6. YBH: ZD did commented she's beautiful.  Again, too bad WJ only treated her as a little sister, no romantic     feeling at all.        

rChoBEl.gif

So, what do you guys think?  Any opinions welcome!

As per the Book "Princess Zhao Min is the most (if not one of) beautiful woman of Yuan dynasty/kingdom...also proficient at both pen and sword."

Actress wise...I have to say HAIR and MAKE-UP makes a huge difference..also scene time makes too make a difference cuz the more they show up.. mean the harder they work so not enough rest.

YBH is beautiful in this series but in other series ..with different hair and make up ...there is a HUGE difference.   I gave her number 1)  however she is not in a LOT of scene so she must not be as worn or tired as other actresses as we continue to watch the series.   Also the wide variety of expressions to judge her by is limited.  And it is the same hair, make up and style (which I love love:)....so thought I gave her number one I am very reluctant cuz it seem unfair.  ZWJ's mom is also a beauty.  I love her eye make up and her hair style.  I think she is tie with YBH.

2) Zhao Min is only my no. 2 cuz the way they dress her. If you have not notice she is GORGEOUS when she first dressed up like a princess  and when she forced him to call her "good sister".  It is the hair and make up.  After that the girl looks like she wore no make up  cuz her make up is so neutral.  (barely any fake lashes or mascaras or blush or eye liner or lipstick) (I might be bias :Das I followed her from AOL...she just have a very refreshing/light presence that makes you feel happy seeing her)

Yet her smiles and features still make you wanna look again and again.  If a girl can make you look at her again and again with little cover up and filters she is a beauty (some people said she is most beautiful in common clothes)

She is not the most beautiful Zhao Min but she is up there cuz of her aura and unique beauty. she is definitely make the cut to be another gorgeous Zhao Min in my book.

I don't like 2009 HSDS but that Zhao Min is the most gorgeous among the beauties of (2019, 2003, 2000 (?) Gigi and 1986 Kitty.) They all have unique beauty.  Hahaha other years not worth mentioning lol

All the other girls are pretty too. Actually most people in this 2019 cast is gorgeous (male & female).   not a fan of ZZR's look. 

Personally I hate the fragile, oh- pity-me look hahaha the scene where she was bully by her sect sisters and Ding point out she use the pity look to attract attentiom..that is the one.  Lol

hey but it is good for the actress cuz it help her with her role:)  no offend to those who is her fan.  Everyone has a preference.

And until just a few days ago I didn't realize she was also one of the two evil girl in  TMOBP.   She suits those roles and is in big productions cuz of her look so it is not a lost for her to not be consider beautiful by me.  And to be fair I don't think I am being bias for not liking her looks.  The other evil girl in TMOPB and the evil girl in AOL play evil character but I think they are gorgeous.  :)

On 5/7/2019 at 1:39 PM, deminni said:

Chapter 5 is totally self-indulgent and an expansion of "The Rain Scene" and what I wanted to see unfold onscreen, so basically, lots of fluff and some angst. Moreso for my writing and fangirl pleasure than actual plot advancement, but Chapter 6 is half-written and back on track, so stay tuned, folks :)

Title: Unfortunately

Chapter 5:

妳便是我 命運安排的人

You are the one fate has arranged for me.

--

He doesn’t remember how long they had stood there in each other’s embrace, but Wu Ji will never forget the immense blooming in his chest from the sheer amount of love he had felt for her, a feeling he knew that even a lifetime later will not wan despite any time or distance that may pass between them.

He also remembers that when she began sniffling and sneezing that night, Wu Ji had wished he were the sick one instead.

MscMNOK.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

That night as Wu Ji gets ready for bed, he plays over the scene in the forest and still finds that something seemed amiss. He can't pinpoint it, why there was an air of familiarity with the maiden in white. Her Mongolian outfit had similarities to his Hanfu, and her martial arts technique resembled honed skills curated from the Central Plains.

Wu Ji has a nagging feeling in his stomach that refuses to go away, so he tries to distract himself by cleaning.

He starts fiddling with the blanket on his bed, then the pillow, and when that tires quickly, he switches to the other objects in the room.

As Wu Ji begins to sort through the clothes he had placed in a chest by the wall, he freezes when happening upon the outfit he had purposely hidden away deep in his baggage. It wasn't supposed to be out of its concealed cloth.

Wu Ji hesitates, but eventually reaches for the robe threaded with silken gold on ivory cotton. The layering piece is of a light blue similar to the fabric wound tightly around his wrist.

He takes it out of the drawer, careful not to unravel the folded layers. His hand runs across the delicate surface as he recalls the days leading up to its conception.

She’d had a hand in its distinguished style, but not without much prior fanfare.

Wu Ji hears her pacing around the room they share. He is in the middle of folding the thick comforter that has suitably served as his mock-bed during their extended stay. The wooden bench across the room would have been the more comfortable option, but Wu Ji had wanted to be as close to her bed as possible during the roughest parts of the past eight nights.

Today, he finally feels at ease to start planning for their trip back to Ming Sect, even if just in his head.

They had stayed longer than either of them had anticipated, but this time, he wasn’t going to let her even step foot outside until he was certain she was healthy.

Just as Wu Ji had worried, she did indeed catch a cold the very same night he returned from Shao Lin.

From underneath his paper umbrella, he’d spotted her in the middle of the wet and crowded street, a solitary silhouette searching endless faces for him in the pouring rain. When she recognized him, the gratitude in her smile was luminous, but all Wu Ji could remember was feeling angry.

He had just lost his Yi Fu to Buddha’s teachings, to a life of revenge and subsequent repentance. Now, seeing her endure this storm when she had promised him to stay well and get better made him livid.

Wu Ji couldn’t lose her, too.

He sprinted towards her, not realizing when his heart had begun racing so fast. His voice matched his vehemence. “Why are you out here drenched in the rain?”

His unoccupied hand automatically came up to check on her, and Wu Ji had to use the gravity of his touch to confirm that she was real and fine and well.

His tone had been more severe than he intended for it to be, and he’d tried to make her understand, but even that came out abrasively amidst his apprehension. “You obviously know you haven’t recovered from your injuries yet; what are we supposed to do if you catch a cold!? Do you NOT want to live anymore!?”

Blinking away the raindrops blinding her vision, she expressed her contrition through an apology.

Her explanation left Wu Ji in astonishment. He had never heard her voice sound so uncertain. Scared. “I’m sorry… I’ve been standing in the same spot waiting for you. I was afraid that if I walked away for even a second, I’d miss you.”

Wu Ji realizes later that it was a stupidstupidstupid idea to throw away the umbrella when he had just scolded her for standing in the rain, soaking wet.

But in that very moment, he had absolutely no grasp on logic or reason when she was standing there looking at him with such vulnerable sincerity, with enough love to drown Wu Ji mercilessly beneath her watery gaze.

He pulled her into his arms, both of them trembling for different reasons. She was freezing and it only spurred him to hug her tighter.

All Wu Ji wanted was to hide her away forever and do everything in his power to shield her from rainstorms or potential dangers or anything that could possibly hurt her.

Wu Ji’s voice assuaged as he felt a lump in his throat. “You are so silly.”

Later, Wu Ji will think they both must have looked completely foolish hugging in the middle of a torrential downpour with no umbrella or awning to cover them.

Right then, he had only cared about pulling her in even closer to him.

He’d apologized and hoped she could forgive him for the harshness of his tone, clarifying that it had all derived from his concern for her.

She accepted it freely without blame. “I know you mean well.” Her voice was timid, shaky through the thickness of her tears. “It’s just, when I was sicker and couldn’t wait out here for you, I was so scared. I was scared that I'd never see you again.”

Wu Ji grinned and saccharinity flowered in his chest as he pulled away, needing her to recognize all of the affection he bore through just his eyes. “How can that be possible?”

Her hands were so small and so cold as he held them. “How could I not come back? I know you’re here waiting for me. Even if I’m at the end of the Heavens and the edge of the Seas, I will always return to your side.”

The smile that flourished on her face only deepened as he drew her back into him.

He doesn’t remember how long they had stood there in each other’s embrace, but Wu Ji will never forget the immense blooming in his chest from the sheer amount of love he had felt for her, a feeling he knew that even a lifetime later will not wan despite any time or distance that may pass between them.

He also remembers that when she began sniffling and sneezing that night, Wu Ji had wished he were the sick one instead.

He was on cold towel and hot medicine duties for almost five days before she regained any color back to her face. By the fourth night, the combination of residual internal damages, suffocating coughs, and looming pneumonia had Wu Ji nearly pleading to every deity he knew.

She had been a shivering, incomprehensible mess, but when she did have a moment of clarity, she was the one reassuring him.

Wu Ji didn’t know whether to laugh or cry or just scream.

Instead, he focused on nursing her back to health by staying up late and only catching a few moments of shuteye, by barely doing or eating or focusing on anything else aside from the patient occupying his entire existence.

He had hardly left her side, couldn't let her out of his sight, and by the fifth day, Wu Ji was now the tired, dismal mess.

When he finally caught a glimpse of sleep, they were both stirred awake by her coughs.

Wu Ji was there to grab her hand and immediately recognized the warmth in them again. Then when he touched his hand to her forehead, he was elated that the burning fever had also subsided.

After that morning, Wu Ji had given her (and himself) three more days of vigilant observation, regular pulse checking, and to her dismay, mandatory bed rest to be completely convinced that she was well.

She had put up a small fight, but when noticing the dark, tired circles under Wu Ji’s eyes and rough stubble littering his jaw, she knew she had lost.

Wu Ji can admit that maybe he went a little overboard within those following three days, but he had to make sure she was back to being one hundred percent before he could feel any sort of relief or normality again.

He absolutely couldn't lose her, too.

Today marks day nine, and Wu Ji is happy to be feeling like himself again as well. She, on the other hand, is going a little stir crazy. The pacing hasn’t stopped.

He sits down at the table in the center of the room and pours them two cups of tea.

"Wu Ji ah, what do you think about getting us some new clothes?"

He looks down at his attire, confused. “What do you mean? We just washed these.”

Head still cocked, she crosses her arms and brings one hand up to her face, index finger beginning to tap her lips in way of deep thought. Wu Ji's eyes immediately follow her slim fingers up to said lips, mesmerized by the flush of deep color now that she has mostly recovered.

His own thoughts rush back to their kiss and he suddenly has the urge to taste.

She breaks his spell with her voice.

“I know they’re clean and new, and they were apt for when we were riding on oxcarts and harvesting rice fields… But—” She pauses, spreading out her arms and looking down at herself, those same lips forming a pout as her eyes make it back up to him.

“Don’t you think we should get something a little more appropriately formal to greet your Ming Sect?” Her pout turns into a tiny smirk. “You are, after all, Zhang Jiao Zhu of Ming Sect, almost-leader of all Wu Lin.”

He maybe registers that she is teasing him, but he is stuck in a haze of red red lips and pretty doe eyes. Wu Ji doesn’t know why, but his enchantment by her doesn’t go away and he doesn't think it ever will.

There’s a slight lilt in her tone that implies he has no room for argument, and Wu Ji will comply, but right now, all he can think is, I think you look perfect.

“Wai, Zhang Wu Ji, are you listening to me?”

He snaps out of his fog and nods slowly in a repeated manner. “Uh, y-yeah. Yes. New clothes. Appropriate for Ming Sect.”

The smirk is gone, and she is now smiling at him fondly, knowingly.

Wu Ji knows he is a goner.

Shortly after, they arrive at a fabric store, and Wu Ji is overwhelmed by the huge selection of textiles to choose from. There is an array of shades and hues and tones of colors that all look the same to him, but are definitely jade green and not emerald green according to the shopkeeper.

She soundly agrees with the salesman, and Wu Ji knows he is outnumbered.

He amusedly watches as she sifts through all the different rolls of linen and cotton and silk with care, discussing the history and production and quality of each one.

Her smile lights up the entire store, and Wu Ji realizes he can’t get enough of when her eyes glisten with joy, especially when they are directed at him.

“Wu Ji ah! What do you think of putting these colors together? I’ve already picked out the fabric for us.” He notes the giddiness in her voice and once again emphasizes his gratitude at the amount of progress her health has regained in the last few days.

“Feel how lightweight and smooth it is!”

She takes his hand, and Wu Ji’s heart skips a beat. Or two. Or ten.

The owner butts in, “It’s made from the finest silkworms in Chang An 長安 and will keep you warm in the winters and cool in the summers with the way the textile wicks.”

And when she haughtily tells him, “I know; that’s why I chose it,” Wu Ji remembers that he is dealing with a Jun Zhu 郡主 after all.

When she turns to Wu Ji, the arrogance is gone and her smile turns shy. “I chose white with gold and light blue accents for you. It’s going to look great on you, Wu Ji ah.”

Her infectious smile reflects on Wu Ji’s face as he nods, eyes focused solely on her.

“Lao ban, we will take these two rolls.” She pulls out the remaining banknotes she’d traded for with her jewelry and pays the shopkeeper. Upon seeing the stacks of paper money, the older man’s eyes perk up.

“Fu ren, you have utmost taste. These are the best my store has to offer. Your husband is very lucky to have such a thoughtful and attentive wife such as yourself.”

At this, Wu Ji can feel blood rush to his face as he peeks over to see that her cheeks are also flushed with a deeper pink. Their eyes meet, both pairs of lips graced with a shared smile, and he notes that neither of them corrects the shopkeeper.

Wu Ji hears her reprimand the owner for being nosey, and she states that he has a deadline of three days or they will come back to demand a full refund and tear his store sign down.

The older man immediately ushers them into different rooms to be measured by his tailors, and once their dimensions are taken down, the owner assures them his workers are the ablest workers in the whole city. Their orders will definitely be completed by the given timeframe.

Wu Ji watches and listens as she meticulously recites and finalizes each and every detail with the shopkeeper, who hangs on to her every word and writes them all down with diligence.

He knows she is putting extra care into his attire, going over threading, embroidery, trim, and more things Wu Ji doesn’t really understand.

What Wu Ji does register is that he agrees with the shopkeeper. He is the luckiest man in the world.

In less than two days, the owner of the tailor shop completes their outfits and delivers the finished clothes directly to their inn.

Wu Ji is amazed at the style and quality of it all.

She is bursting with excitement beside him and hurriedly makes him change into his garbs first.

Wu Ji is suddenly inside the room by himself and all he can do is stare at the pile of neatly folded, newly sewn threads. Next to it is their pre-packed bags, prepared for when they are ready to head back to Ming Sect.

He knows she is waiting, so he tries to shake himself out of the haze enough to put on the first layer. It is exactly as smooth and luxurious as she and the shopkeeper had described.

Silk. Wu Ji has heard of China’s impressive Silk Road, a network and crossroad of merchants infinitely seeking wealth and the powers it could bring them.

He glances back at the modest threads he had taken off, laid out neatly on the bed.

Wu Ji is unexpectedly apprehensive.

He gets flashes of Zhi Ruo and her enthusiasm from civilian chants, and he worries about her insinuation of what she wanted from Wu Ji once they were married. He hears the words Emperor and Sect Leader, and it makes his heart drop into his stomach. The burden these words entail make him anxious for a future he desperately wants to escape from.

These are all the things Wu Ji fears most.

He knows of his obligations as Jiao Zhu, his debt to his country, but once all the responsibilities on his shoulders are accomplished, he simply wants peace.

To Wu Ji, peace means finally being able to walk away. Peace means being with the girl he loves and finding their future together. Peace is freedom 自由自在.

There is a knockknockknock that brings Wu Ji back from his thoughts. He hears her voice come through from the other side of the door and lets the calmness it brings wash over him.

“Wu Ji ah, what’s taking you so long? Can I help?”

She waits for him. She always does.

Wu Ji opens the wooden doors, and she lingers there with a curious look on her face. He doesn’t know how she can ask him if he is okay with just one look and a slight raise of her brow, but his nerves have settled enough to form a smile.

“Will you help me?”

Curiosity fades into concern, but Wu Ji hopes his smile can ease her, if only for just a bit. She nods her head and steps inside the room, slowly closing the door behind her.

He forces the smile to remain on his face, and stands there in the middle of the room, arms slightly spread out, beckoning for her assistance.

She doesn’t move, and Wu Ji starts to feel self-conscious. He realizes he only has his first layer on—no waistband, no adornment, no robe. He feels laid out and exposed under her perceptive gaze, like there is absolutely nothing he can hide behind that she won’t see through.

As he frets, she makes her first deliberate steps toward him, and her uneasy expression morphs into a gentle determination.

She picks up the secondary layer of accented blues, and without exchanging any words, puts the robe on Wu Ji. She slowly helps him one sleeve at a time, her hands smoothing out every wrinkle that forms.

Her touch is electric.

With his arms still up and away from his body, Wu Ji is patient as he waits for her to pick up the matching waistband. The dark leather is stark against the milky complexion of her hands, and he watches as she evenly spaces out her grip on the belt.

She inches close enough to where he can distinctly perceive notes of plum blossoms at full bloom, and Wu Ji closes his eyes to savor the quietness of their proximity.

She first wraps the belt around his front as her arms gradually come around to the back of his waist, forming a half-moon and mock-embrace. She is so close to him, and Wu Ji breathes her in, trying to find his inner balance through her presence. When she wraps the band a second time, her hands meet and settle on his stomach, and she meticulously threads the end of the belt through the loop, fastening it on him.

“Wu Ji ah, it's okay.” Her small hands work methodically and thoroughly, and Wu Ji feels time slow with her words.

“If you don't like it, we can wear our other clothes again.” She reaches up and cups his face with one hand, fingers tenderly caressing his cheek. She nearly whispers. “I just want you to be happy.”

Wu Ji is frozen by her acknowledgment. “I-I'm not—” He finds it difficult to formulate his thoughts, but it seems he doesn't need to.

“I assure you, this doesn't change anything.”

Her gaze is soft under the midday sun peering in through the translucent windows. “Once you are done with what you need to do, we will leave together.”

She rests her head gently on his chest, eyes closing. “I won't let anyone make you wear anything it is you don't want to wear.” Her whisper is faint, but he catches the jest in her tone. “Only I get to do that.”

If Wu Ji could take her away with him in that very moment, he would. He feels an ache in his chest, a throbbing that stems from his inability to do just that.

The tension in his body releases and Wu Ji melds with the warmth of her embrace. She is moored to Wu Ji, an immovable anchor that grounds him in his present state of disquiet.

“Tell me. What do you want?”

Wu Ji is certain the future he envisions is right here in front of him.

There is confidence in his voice when he answers, “I want to wear this.”

She pulls away and beams. “Good. Let me help you finish dressing.” She puts the last layer on him, adding on the finishing touches to his outfit.

“In front of the whole world, you are Zhang Jiao Zhu.” He is in front of the mirror with her next to him, and Wu Ji knows he can get through anything if he has her. “But with me, you are simply my Wu Ji.”

He allows himself a few beats to take everything in. Her strength exudes through every pore in her body, and Wu Ji is lucky enough to be able to absorb it all in, feeding off of this addiction he had never before been able to identify.

What was it about her that had tantalized him from the start? That no matter how many times Wu Ji ran or tried to push her away, he could never succeed? He failed over and over again, even tried to marry someone else to forget about her, yet it was all for naught.

Of every woman Wu Ji has ever met, she was the most beautiful and ruthless, just like his mom had warned him. She had been the root cause of his downfall. This Mongolian Princess who now stands before him in humble clothes and open vulnerability, who had given up everything to be with him, and who understands Wu Ji through and through when even he can’t find his own reflection.

When Wu Ji’s internal and external demands and desires become too much, she is his haven.

“I love you.”

He sees the moment she freezes, lips slightly parted from his sudden confession.

Wu Ji knows he is going to marry this girl.

“Wh-what?”

“I love you.” His voice and eyes do not waver.

Wu Ji is still surprised by how tender her eyes can get when she looks at him and only him. When the tears begin to form and silently roll down her cheeks, he kisses them away. He cups her face with both of his hands and tastes every single drop with his lips, gentle and sweet. She closes her eyes, lashes fanning out stark against her skin and his, as Wu Ji’s lips travel from the edges of her bottom lash, down her cheek, and finally stopping at her cupid’s bow.

It starts out as a small, soft peck at the tip of her upper lip and morphs into hands resting in her hair and at the nape of her neck, heads tilting to melt into an arousing kiss.

It is nothing like their first kiss with all of Wu Ji’s pent-up passion boiling to the surface with nowhere to escape but through her. The kiss was untamed, unrestrained, directed by a young man’s eagerness to finally being able to have what he had been denied for so long. What he had denied both of them.

Everything he had been running from had finally caught up to him. Everything Wu Ji had wanted, he was able to have.

But this. Wu Ji wants to savor this. He takes his time, caressing her lips with his as they move in provocative unison. The kiss is slow and heady, seconds feeling like hours as Wu Ji concentrates on her honied taste, the feel of her plump lips, and the touch of lips and teeth and tongue, her soft hair framed by the spread of his hands.

Wu Ji takes the opportunity to nibble lightly on her bottom lip.

When he hears her moan, Wu Ji’s heart nearly stops. He uses all of his willpower to pull away, afraid he will take it too far and devour all of her.

They both take several deep breaths, still merely centimeters apart. Wu Ji presses his forehead to hers and kisses her gently on the tip of the nose. She smiles even when her eyes are still closed and it prompts the one on Wu Ji’s face as well.

A contented sigh escapes from her lips and Wu Ji nearly goes in to taste them again. She stops him with one finger to his lips. “If we keep this up, we are never going to leave this place. I still need to change, Wu Ji ah.”

His sigh is less content and more exasperated, but he obliges. Wu Ji steals one last kiss on her cheek before leaving the room, most definitely not thinking about bare skin or red lips or the mole on her chest he had discovered on Snake Island.

After a few moments, Wu Ji is shaken out of his inappropriate thoughts when he hears the doors open.

When she steps out of the room, Wu Ji is, once again, awestruck by her beauty. She dons layers of sheer whites and ivories, face brushed with light makeup, and her hair is adorned with a simple pearl-encrusted hairpin.

Wu Ji truly doesn’t know what he has done to become so fortunate.

He puts out his hand, gaze blissfully fixed on hers. “Are you ready?”

Wu Ji remembers that with a nod and an upward curve of her lips, she’d laced her fingers through and curled them firmly around his, never once letting go as they made their journey back to Ming Sect together.

They hadn’t known what the future was going to hold for them, but they had walked towards it with hearts filled with hope.

Wu Ji still clings to that hope, his current path fueled by hope and hope alone.

He prays that that is enough.

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/44468623

So good. Thank you for the fanfic update.  Please keep going!!:).