[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

7 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@Mr Horse No, ZZR never marry SQS it's just a ruse supposed to saved her 'face'.

At the end I think it's just ZZR thinks SQS even though he's been forgiven by his father, SQS would not want to be buried in Wudang since he's already been kicked out, he felt ashamed by his various misconducts. Also technically he already entered Er Mei and as Er Mei disciple his ashes should be kept in Er Mei.

That's my opinion anyway when I watched it.

Thanks. I didn’t think she really married him either but she never explained to anyone at the end that she’s not Mrs Song, that’s why I didn’t think it was very clear. I enjoyed this 2019 version all the way until the end which I think left some unexplained. The two elders in the book were supposed to have their martial arts skills reduced by Zhāng Wújì but nothing happened to them?! They sold themselves off to let the Ming Cult people assassinate Zhao Min’s Father, that was all!  I felt the last episode was the least enjoyable as they tried to close off the story but was a bit rushed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Horse said:

Thanks. I didn’t think she really married him either but she never explained to anyone at the end that she’s not Mrs Song, that’s why I didn’t think it was very clear. I enjoyed this 2019 version all the way until the end which I think left some unexplained. The two elders in the book were supposed to have their martial arts skills reduced by Zhāng Wújì but nothing happened to them?! They sold themselves off to let the Ming Cult people assassinate Zhao Min’s Father, that was all!  I felt the last episode was the least enjoyable as they tried to close off the story but was a bit rushed. 

Yeah. I’m sure they cut off a bunch of scenes too! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ildiz said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av56418798?from=search&seid=10442068170659777411

YC talk about some scenes of HSDS! only if I could understand what she's saying. -_-

@ildiz This is just a fan edit of Yukee's past interviews they make it into one video.

The question asked is "During filming are there any fun/interesting things that happened?

1. Yukee said that when shooting the scene at the ending in grassland they have to ride the horses themselves. At that time Wuji is still a bit afraid of riding horses, everytime she said 'Hyahh!' his horse will always run first. Wuji will have that scared look and said to her "Zhao Min can you not say 'Hyahh!'"

2. When filming pushing the boat, she was in a sad mood because her subordinates are all dead, and she just got rejected by Wuji. And then she also has to shoot a crying scene, so she was in a sad mood for the whole day. And then Wuji come by and said "Can you look happy a bit, if you're like that I also can't be happy" She thinks what did I do wrong, I don't think so. She just felt it's very funny remark. And then it's supposed to be a sad scene but then when they were shooting he suddenly just smile.

3. When shooting the tickling foot scene, she said it was quite awkward, because she's not afraid being tickled. When Wuji tickled her foot she really did not feel anything, she only felt hurt (lol), and then she still has to laugh. And then she's been laughing the whole afternoon then they start shooting her scene so she can't laugh anymore. She has to drink a lot of water then they can continue shooting.

7 hours ago, Mr Horse said:

@Mr Horse Same I really wished it has a better ending, it's still my opinion that they should cut more at the earlier episodes rather than the back episodes, to have a more cohesive ending.

I can understand your sentiment that something should happen to the Xuanming Elders but if they got punished then the whole Ming sect who plotted behind Wuji's back should also be punished, but this Wuji would never do that since he still believes that they (Zhu Lao Si and co.) have the same goal to drive out the Yuan, so he would never do that since they still have the same purpose even though they might go about it in a different way from Wuji.

Also Zhao Min's dad technically is their enemy he got killed by them is kind of inevitable. Wuji just got angry because they hide it from him since they know Wuji won't agree. Imho, I think as long as the Ming sect's people did not harm Zhao Min, Wuji can forgive them for anything as long as they still do it for the good of the Han people.

I know it's weird how forgiving this Wuji is but that's what I get from this version.

On 6/23/2019 at 3:44 AM, Yitian_fan said:

Lin Yushen sounds nicely humble and I love it that he got a big break with HSDS 2019.  I'm sure all the Buhui step-mom club ladies will be watching out for his new show.

Speaking of which anyone watching Joseph's new modern drama on studying abroad with his dad?  Didn't someone post a kiss he had with his costar? (Already!  It took us more than 80% way through HSDS to get a kiss! Garh!)

@Yitian_fan Isn't he famous already? At least my parents know him, it's just most of his drama are those revolutionary, police and modern drama. This is his first wuxia role I believe. And Lin Yu Shen rarely do interview or any variety show, apparently he's very low key.

Hahaha, I still think 1 or 2 kiss in a JY drama is fine more than that I think I will feel a bit cringey (I guess I'm just old school :sweatingbullets:) it just doesn't fit the time unless you're Wei Xiaobao I guess lol. I don't watch it since I'm not really interested in c-drama in modern setting, but I think it's reasonable to have a kissing scene in a modern drama.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

@Mr Horse i think why ZWJ forgive their brothers is because at that time he is their leader,even though they make plan to kill ZM father and they did not tell him, he still have  responsibles as their leader. His job as Ming sect leader is to extrude mongol from their land and so that people free for suffer. And for my understanding what makes ZM angry is because her father killed that why not in a battle. If his father died in battle i don't think ZM will angry like that, fell sad of course. But not feel remorse. If i were ZM.. i will never accept WJ forever, the pain for losing a father like that is a trauma and remorse for life time. :sweatingbullets:

Despite being said as cruel princess ZM is really a nice one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@ildiz

Spoiler

This is just a fan edit of Yukee's past interviews they make it into one video.

The question asked is "During filming are there any fun/interesting things that happened?

1. Yukee said that when shooting the scene at the ending in grassland they have to ride the horses themselves. At that time Wuji is still a bit afraid of riding horses, everytime she said 'Hyahh!' his horse will always run first. Wuji will have that scared look and said to her "Zhao Min can you not say 'Hyahh!'"

2. When filming pushing the boat, she was in a sad mood because her subordinates are all dead, and she just got rejected by Wuji. And then she also has to shoot a crying scene, so she was in a sad mood for the whole day. And then Wuji come by and said "Can you look happy a bit, if you're like that I also can't be happy" She thinks what did I do wrong, I don't think so. She just felt it's very funny remark. And then it's supposed to be a sad scene but then when they were shooting he suddenly just smile.

3. When shooting the tickling foot scene, she said it was quite awkward, because she's not afraid being tickled. When Wuji tickled her foot she really did not feel anything, she only felt hurt (lol), and then she still has to laugh. And then she's been laughing the whole afternoon then they start shooting her scene so she can't laugh anymore. She has to drink a lot of water then they can continue shooting.

Thank you so much!!! @kur4p1k4  I really appreciate it. :love:

• Awesome 1

Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop this here and tell you I miss this series so much T_T Hope you all are doing well!

Fan MVs are tiding me over so here's one I found today. Love the song from Bloody Romance!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Fortunately

Chapter 8:

妳便是我 命運安排的人

You are the one fate has arranged for me.

--

Now, there are so many layers in their history, chapters that are difficult to read and digest. The pages are yellowed and worn down from the constant thumbing of memories, flipped back and forth an innumerous amount of times over the long years of separation.

There are incomplete chapters that neither of them have read, missing pages and smeared calligraphy muddying a story that has yet to find its ending.

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/46008892

• Like 7

Just wondering if neither Joseph or Yukee have their Official Thread.  After HSDS 19, I personally think they both deserve to have their own thread.  Hopefully some kind souls and die heart fans can create one for them.  I wish I can do it but I'm not good at maintaining and dedication enough  to commit to post their current/future projects and news update.  I can only try to contribute. LOL....:sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, deminni said:

LOL! The Cantonese version of all the 235897237502359 times Wu Ji says "Min Min"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av56399228?from=search&seid=9282203838539197743

Oh Wuji sounds so sweet in Cantonese! I've gotten used to both his Mandarin and Vietnamese dubbed voices, now maybe I should watch the whole series again in Cantonese, haha! :lol:

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 12:54 AM, deminni said:

Title: Fortunately

Chapter 8:

妳便是我 命運安排的人

You are the one fate has arranged for me.

--

Now, there are so many layers in their history, chapters that are difficult to read and digest. The pages are yellowed and worn down from the constant thumbing of memories, flipped back and forth an innumerous amount of times over the long years of separation.

There are incomplete chapters that neither of them have read, missing pages and smeared calligraphy muddying a story that has yet to find its ending.

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/46008892

So glad to see an update. I’m still following your story. Your story brings me much joy!

• Like 1

I always wondered, with all the martial arts ZWJ learnt, would he be more powerful than someone who learnt the entire Nine Yin Manual? He let ZZR beat him but she also only learnt a part of the Nine Yin Manual, not all. What do people think?

On 6/27/2019 at 6:23 AM, Mr Horse said:

I always wondered, with all the martial arts ZWJ learnt, would he be more powerful than someone who learnt the entire Nine Yin Manual? He let ZZR beat him but she also only learnt a part of the Nine Yin Manual, not all. What do people think?

@Mr Horse Imho ZWJ is stronger if only fighting one on one with another person who have learnt the entirety of Nine Yin.

5 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

I keep thinking if someone who learnt the Entire Jiuyin Manual, if he used the hallucination method, maybe ZWJ won't be able to win him. Lol

Would you say Guo Jing is more powerful than ZWJ as he learnt all of the Nine Yin along with his other skills? I always think that Yáng Guo is extremely powerful because he basically learnt the swordplay of Dugu Qiubai. I believe there is no one in the JY universe who is more powerful at swordplay than DGQB. The reason for it is simple - he went his entire life roaming the martial arts world seeking a challenger who could defeat him but in the end, he died without losing. His swordplay skills developed to the point where he could fight without the physical existence of a sword! Although not much is written about him, I do believe the only thing lacking with DGQB is his inner energy and that it’s not as powerful compared to the other greats in the JY universe. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 11:17 PM, Mr Horse said:

Would you say Guo Jing is more powerful than ZWJ as he learnt all of the Nine Yin along with his other skills? I always think that Yáng Guo is extremely powerful because he basically learnt the swordplay of Dugu Qiubai. I believe there is no one in the JY universe who is more powerful at swordplay than DGQB. The reason for it is simple - he went his entire life roaming the martial arts world seeking a challenger who could defeat him but in the end, he died without losing. His swordplay skills developed to the point where he could fight without the physical existence of a sword! Although not much is written about him, I do believe the only thing lacking with DGQB is his inner energy and that it’s not as powerful compared to the other greats in the JY universe. 

I do think that both Guo Jing and Yang Guo are powerful than ZWJ. 

Yang Guo also learnt partial jiuyin and manage to yield the skill to its best into his existing martial arts skills. Not forgetting other than DUGU swordplay, he learnt other martial arts skills from Ancient tomb, Hong qi gong, ouyang feng and huang yaoshi as well. And DUGU swordplay focus on cultivation of great inner strength, which is an advantage to his disability after losing an arm.

Actually I even believe that his descendents the yellow maiden is powerful than ZWJ. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...