Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记


sugarplum892
 Share

Recommended Posts

I believe he's from Shenzhen,  which is very close to HK. And I think he's Cantonese so Cantonese should be his native language. Correct me if I am wrong though.

:blush:

In JZ Weibo post when his new drama started a couple days ago,  he himself wrote that when he started filming for this new drama (which should be shortly after filming of HSDS wrapped), his mind was still filled with Jianghu and Min-min.  For the latter,  I guess someone still very much remember ZM until now B).

Someone is reeeeally impressed with ZM ;).

  (Not blaming him, I am also still very much impressed with this character:wub:)

 

@sophiesyc i was also surprised he said he's shy. I always got the vibe that he would be the actively chasing one when he likes someone,  Not quite like WJ hahaha :lol:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Lin Yu Shen 2nd part of the interview, I guess HK-er really love him lol

 

Lin Yu Shen was so nice and worried that the interviewer did not understand him that he keeps asking that if she did not understand anything just straight ask him to repeat it again (what a nice guy ^_^)

 

The interviewer said that most of the viewers always praise Lin Yu Shen's Yang Xiao, that he truly grasp Yang Xiao's character.

Lin Yu Shen is grateful for the praise, but he won't be complacent and he'll try to reevaluate his own performance. And he's happier if he could find a friend that could tell him which part that he could improve or do better. If the people around him can only praise him then how can he do even better the next time 

 

The interviewer said that Kabby Hui previously commented bashfully that Lin Yu Shen is very nice, very gentlemanly

Lin Yu Shen heard that is also embarassed  (lol :lol:) but he said that he always try to treat both men and women gentlemanly

Lin Yu Shen said that people always said that he's different when he's not working he's quite shy. He said he can't help it, if it's not a familiar/working setting he really doesn't know what to do.

 

He also like Hong Kong a lot because he feels HK is a special city for him and he has a lot of HK friends, if he has time he like to just buy a plane ticket to HK, stay for two days and then come back home.

 

16 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

And the interview that some mentioned before has been uploaded by TVB Official Youtube channel here:

 

 

@cancergirl87 I would recommend you take the footage from TVB (USA) since TVB official usually doesn't have subtitle, since usually both of them have the same content just a PSA.

 

Other important bits that haven't been translated:

Joseph is the youngest Zhang Wuji at 21 years old.

 

HSDS is ranked number one in TVB, at least during the shooting of the interview anyway.

 

This is Joseph's first Cantonese language interview, he's pretty happy and nervous about it lol

 

He met Lawrence Ng, TVB 2001 Zhang Wuji, they are filming a drama together in HK <我在香港遇见他><The Journey Across The Night>  They watched the new HSDS together when they were on set but Joseph didn't dare to asked him about his performance as ZWJ right there and then (lol). After a few days he finally dare to ask him and Lawrence said he did OK, not bad. He feels affirmed by it.

 

Apparently Joseph's had a high fever but he still has to shoot the fighting scene with the wire after the shooting was finished then he was sent to the hospital. But I'm not sure whether the interviewer meant he was sent to the hospital after finished shooting the clip that was shown, the Wan An monastery fight or the Fan Yao fight scene or after they finished shooting the whole thing.

 

Joseph said that it's something that he likes to do so all the hardship is worth it. And he said that all the people that were working also face the same hardship, especially for him as a newcomer he feels this is something that he has to do to has a chance (good work :thumbsup:)

 

When Joseph got asked what's the hardest thing, he said shooting the whole thing. Apparently they finish the shooting only in 5 months, so everyday nobody has enough sleep. He also has a lot of lines and everyday he has to have the spirit and energy to shoot his scenes. But even with all the challenges and hardship, after he finished shooting, all of if doesn't matter anymore to him, it has passed.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So now that TVB has broadcast the last episode of this 2019 version, there’s a bit I didn’t quite understand. Did Zhou Zhiruo really marry Song Qīngshū in this version or was it fake and she just felt sympathy for what happened to him at the end? They didn’t make it very clear. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks all, no wonder his cantonese is so good! :) 

 

Lin Yushen sounds nicely humble and I love it that he got a big break with HSDS 2019.  I'm sure all the Buhui step-mom club ladies will be watching out for his new show.

 

Speaking of which anyone watching Joseph's new modern drama on studying abroad with his dad?  Didn't someone post a kiss he had with his costar? (Already!  It took us more than 80% way through HSDS to get a kiss! Garh!)

  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, Mr Horse said:

So now that TVB has broadcast the last episode of this 2019 version, there’s a bit I didn’t quite understand. Did Zhou Zhiruo really marry Song Qīngshū in this version or was it fake and she just felt sympathy for what happened to him at the end? They didn’t make it very clear. 

@Mr Horse No, ZZR never marry SQS it's just a ruse supposed to saved her 'face'.

At the end I think it's just ZZR thinks SQS even though he's been forgiven by his father, SQS would not want to be buried in Wudang since he's already been kicked out, he felt ashamed by his various misconducts. Also technically he already entered Er Mei and as Er Mei disciple his ashes should be kept in Er Mei.

That's my opinion anyway when I watched it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@Mr Horse No, ZZR never marry SQS it's just a ruse supposed to saved her 'face'.

At the end I think it's just ZZR thinks SQS even though he's been forgiven by his father, SQS would not want to be buried in Wudang since he's already been kicked out, he felt ashamed by his various misconducts. Also technically he already entered Er Mei and as Er Mei disciple his ashes should be kept in Er Mei.

That's my opinion anyway when I watched it.

Thanks. I didn’t think she really married him either but she never explained to anyone at the end that she’s not Mrs Song, that’s why I didn’t think it was very clear. I enjoyed this 2019 version all the way until the end which I think left some unexplained. The two elders in the book were supposed to have their martial arts skills reduced by Zhāng Wújì but nothing happened to them?! They sold themselves off to let the Ming Cult people assassinate Zhao Min’s Father, that was all!  I felt the last episode was the least enjoyable as they tried to close off the story but was a bit rushed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr Horse said:

Thanks. I didn’t think she really married him either but she never explained to anyone at the end that she’s not Mrs Song, that’s why I didn’t think it was very clear. I enjoyed this 2019 version all the way until the end which I think left some unexplained. The two elders in the book were supposed to have their martial arts skills reduced by Zhāng Wújì but nothing happened to them?! They sold themselves off to let the Ming Cult people assassinate Zhao Min’s Father, that was all!  I felt the last episode was the least enjoyable as they tried to close off the story but was a bit rushed. 

Yeah. I’m sure they cut off a bunch of scenes too! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ildiz said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av56418798?from=search&seid=10442068170659777411

 

YC talk about some scenes of HSDS! only if I could understand what she's saying. -_-

@ildiz This is just a fan edit of Yukee's past interviews they make it into one video.

The question asked is "During filming are there any fun/interesting things that happened?

1. Yukee said that when shooting the scene at the ending in grassland they have to ride the horses themselves. At that time Wuji is still a bit afraid of riding horses, everytime she said 'Hyahh!' his horse will always run first. Wuji will have that scared look and said to her "Zhao Min can you not say 'Hyahh!'"

2. When filming pushing the boat, she was in a sad mood because her subordinates are all dead, and she just got rejected by Wuji. And then she also has to shoot a crying scene, so she was in a sad mood for the whole day. And then Wuji come by and said "Can you look happy a bit, if you're like that I also can't be happy" She thinks what did I do wrong, I don't think so. She just felt it's very funny remark. And then it's supposed to be a sad scene but then when they were shooting he suddenly just smile.

3. When shooting the tickling foot scene, she said it was quite awkward, because she's not afraid being tickled. When Wuji tickled her foot she really did not feel anything, she only felt hurt (lol), and then she still has to laugh. And then she's been laughing the whole afternoon then they start shooting her scene so she can't laugh anymore. She has to drink a lot of water then they can continue shooting.

 

7 hours ago, Mr Horse said:

Thanks. I didn’t think she really married him either but she never explained to anyone at the end that she’s not Mrs Song, that’s why I didn’t think it was very clear. I enjoyed this 2019 version all the way until the end which I think left some unexplained. The two elders in the book were supposed to have their martial arts skills reduced by Zhāng Wújì but nothing happened to them?! They sold themselves off to let the Ming Cult people assassinate Zhao Min’s Father, that was all!  I felt the last episode was the least enjoyable as they tried to close off the story but was a bit rushed. 

@Mr Horse Same I really wished it has a better ending, it's still my opinion that they should cut more at the earlier episodes rather than the back episodes, to have a more cohesive ending.

I can understand your sentiment that something should happen to the Xuanming Elders but if they got punished then the whole Ming sect who plotted behind Wuji's back should also be punished, but this Wuji would never do that since he still believes that they (Zhu Lao Si and co.) have the same goal to drive out the Yuan, so he would never do that since they still have the same purpose even though they might go about it in a different way from Wuji.

Also Zhao Min's dad technically is their enemy he got killed by them is kind of inevitable. Wuji just got angry because they hide it from him since they know Wuji won't agree. Imho, I think as long as the Ming sect's people did not harm Zhao Min, Wuji can forgive them for anything as long as they still do it for the good of the Han people.

I know it's weird how forgiving this Wuji is but that's what I get from this version.

 

On 6/23/2019 at 3:44 AM, Yitian_fan said:

Lin Yushen sounds nicely humble and I love it that he got a big break with HSDS 2019.  I'm sure all the Buhui step-mom club ladies will be watching out for his new show.

 

Speaking of which anyone watching Joseph's new modern drama on studying abroad with his dad?  Didn't someone post a kiss he had with his costar? (Already!  It took us more than 80% way through HSDS to get a kiss! Garh!)

@Yitian_fan Isn't he famous already? At least my parents know him, it's just most of his drama are those revolutionary, police and modern drama. This is his first wuxia role I believe. And Lin Yu Shen rarely do interview or any variety show, apparently he's very low key.

Hahaha, I still think 1 or 2 kiss in a JY drama is fine more than that I think I will feel a bit cringey (I guess I'm just old school :sweatingbullets:) it just doesn't fit the time unless you're Wei Xiaobao I guess lol. I don't watch it since I'm not really interested in c-drama in modern setting, but I think it's reasonable to have a kissing scene in a modern drama.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Mr Horse i think why ZWJ forgive their brothers is because at that time he is their leader,even though they make plan to kill ZM father and they did not tell him, he still have  responsibles as their leader. His job as Ming sect leader is to extrude mongol from their land and so that people free for suffer. And for my understanding what makes ZM angry is because her father killed that why not in a battle. If his father died in battle i don't think ZM will angry like that, fell sad of course. But not feel remorse. If i were ZM.. i will never accept WJ forever, the pain for losing a father like that is a trauma and remorse for life time. :sweatingbullets:

Despite being said as cruel princess ZM is really a nice one. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@ildiz

Spoiler

This is just a fan edit of Yukee's past interviews they make it into one video.

The question asked is "During filming are there any fun/interesting things that happened?

1. Yukee said that when shooting the scene at the ending in grassland they have to ride the horses themselves. At that time Wuji is still a bit afraid of riding horses, everytime she said 'Hyahh!' his horse will always run first. Wuji will have that scared look and said to her "Zhao Min can you not say 'Hyahh!'"

2. When filming pushing the boat, she was in a sad mood because her subordinates are all dead, and she just got rejected by Wuji. And then she also has to shoot a crying scene, so she was in a sad mood for the whole day. And then Wuji come by and said "Can you look happy a bit, if you're like that I also can't be happy" She thinks what did I do wrong, I don't think so. She just felt it's very funny remark. And then it's supposed to be a sad scene but then when they were shooting he suddenly just smile.

3. When shooting the tickling foot scene, she said it was quite awkward, because she's not afraid being tickled. When Wuji tickled her foot she really did not feel anything, she only felt hurt (lol), and then she still has to laugh. And then she's been laughing the whole afternoon then they start shooting her scene so she can't laugh anymore. She has to drink a lot of water then they can continue shooting.

 

Thank you so much!!! @kur4p1k4  I really appreciate it. :love:

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop this here and tell you I miss this series so much T_T Hope you all are doing well!

 

Fan MVs are tiding me over so here's one I found today. Love the song from Bloody Romance!

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Title: Fortunately

 

Chapter 8:

 

妳便是我 命運安排的人

You are the one fate has arranged for me.

 

--

 

Now, there are so many layers in their history, chapters that are difficult to read and digest. The pages are yellowed and worn down from the constant thumbing of memories, flipped back and forth an innumerous amount of times over the long years of separation.

 

There are incomplete chapters that neither of them have read, missing pages and smeared calligraphy muddying a story that has yet to find its ending.

 

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/46008892

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wondering if neither Joseph or Yukee have their Official Thread.  After HSDS 19, I personally think they both deserve to have their own thread.  Hopefully some kind souls and die heart fans can create one for them.  I wish I can do it but I'm not good at maintaining and dedication enough  to commit to post their current/future projects and news update.  I can only try to contribute. LOL....:sweatingbullets:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, deminni said:

LOL! The Cantonese version of all the 235897237502359 times Wu Ji says "Min Min"

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av56399228?from=search&seid=9282203838539197743

 

Oh Wuji sounds so sweet in Cantonese! I've gotten used to both his Mandarin and Vietnamese dubbed voices, now maybe I should watch the whole series again in Cantonese, haha! :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2019 at 12:54 AM, deminni said:

Title: Fortunately

 

Chapter 8:

 

妳便是我 命運安排的人

You are the one fate has arranged for me.

 

--

 

Now, there are so many layers in their history, chapters that are difficult to read and digest. The pages are yellowed and worn down from the constant thumbing of memories, flipped back and forth an innumerous amount of times over the long years of separation.

 

There are incomplete chapters that neither of them have read, missing pages and smeared calligraphy muddying a story that has yet to find its ending.

 

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/46008892

 

So glad to see an update. I’m still following your story. Your story brings me much joy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..