Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

20 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

There's a Chinese sub, for anybody that can read Chinese

Important points:

Lin Yu Shen can speak Canto cause he went to HK in 1996 to shoot a movie so he has HK friends to speak Canto with.

He's also the same generation as Hu Ge, that's was surprising for me I thought Hu Ge is younger than him hahaha

Lin Yu Shen said lotsa ppl thinks he's unapproachable but he's actually very warm (please don't be afraid ppl lol, poor guy:lol:)

He also doesn't like Yang Buhui and Yin Liting relationship personally, no reason at all it should happen, if it's his daughter he won't agree lol (Yes! I agree also that's the weirdest relationship ever, rather than changing the ending of the HSDS I really wish JY did something about that weird pairing)

I think he also said that often he speaks his mind and because of this, he sometimes upsets people. As with the Yáng Buhui and Yin Liting relationship, I also think it’s a bit weird. For me it’s not the age gap, there’s nothing wrong with that as long as they’re happy. It’s the fact that she went with her dad’s former love rival. Well, I say love rival but in truth, I don’t think Ji Xiaofu had any feelings toward Yin Liting at all and I might be wrong but, I don’t think they had hardly even met face to face??! I guess JY wanted to find closure for Yin LT’s character so he wrote it the way he did?!

On 5/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, kur4p1k4 said:

@Sooyun Ahgase Hope you have a nice vacation. Nope nothing different from the mainland, only the fighting maybe a bit faster, ZM just came out yesterday. Canto dub really feel like wuxia when you hear it, hahaha. I think I've been brainwashed by TVB since I was a kid:sweatingbullets:

ZM voice actor is not bad still need getting used to. YX is actually not bad as a Left-envoy of Ming sect and as YBH's dad but as the lover who make JXF fall in love with him it just doesn't show. WJ, I need to watch more I suppose, he was fine enough when he got stuck in Lu Liu manor and some parts in Shaolin he actually sounds good enough but I still prefer the mainland. XZ is actually not bad, I actually prefer the Canto. Zhou Dian also not bad actually, comparable to the mainland.

And this is all my faves MV I'll post it again in case you haven't seen it, hope it make you laugh especially the 1st one

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av48845666?from=search&seid=9719333813904086562

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av52148499

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av49731395/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.14

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av51273572?from=search&seid=14406333031117411024

wah! Thank you! I enjoyed my vacation and still trying to get myself back to work and catch up with the posts. :D Looking for a better job to pay off my car's insurance and other things. It's so hard these days. 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:18 AM, Mr Horse said:

As with the Yáng Buhui and Yin Liting relationship, I also think it’s a bit weird. For me it’s not the age gap, there’s nothing wrong with that as long as they’re happy. It’s the fact that she went with her dad’s former love rival. Well, I say love rival but in truth, I don’t think Ji Xiaofu had any feelings toward Yin Liting at all and I might be wrong but, I don’t think they had hardly even met face to face??! I guess JY wanted to find closure for Yin LT’s character so he wrote it the way he did?!

@Mr Horse Same, it's not about the age gap, but can you as a guy fall in love with you're ex-fiancees and love rival's daughter? Or you as a girl fall in love with a man who is your mom ex-fiancee and your dad's love rival? :dizzy:

For me personally that's just too weird and too much baggage, I just don't think it's possible :unsure: I don't know why JY never re-think this pairing, is it because he actually known/saw this happen in real life? Because usually authors like to take something from real life and put it in their characters.

And the way Yin Liting was so obsessive over Ji Xiaofu was also cringe inducing, geez chill mate :crazy:

On 6/17/2019 at 7:11 AM, Sooyun Ahgase said:

wah! Thank you! I enjoyed my vacation and still trying to get myself back to work and catch up with the posts. :D Looking for a better job to pay off my car's insurance and other things. It's so hard these days. 

@Sooyun Ahgase Good Luck! Don't forget to rest and drink water no matter how busy you are :mrgreen:

Well you got a lot to read if you want to read all the posts that you missed, hahaha

On 6/17/2019 at 3:48 PM, LaurenPanna said:

O my. I never realized this habit too (and here I claimed of watching this series on repeat hahaha :sweatingbullets:.  Which I did, especially ep 43-44 :wub:. Guess I was too captivated by their sizzling on-screen chemistry lol ;)

I've been wanting to comment a bit about the songs from this series for a while,  so here it is. The songs used are awesome! My favorite is Hu Xia's and Zhou Shen's piece (although I also enjoyed the third song sung by Li Qi),  and also the instrument used on ZCS-YSS death scene and when MM brought RYW's coffin. So eeriely and sadly haunting.

In this series,  the song by Hu xia (ending song)  was used during ZR stabbed WJ scenes. I felt this song did not match ZR and/or her relationship with WJ that much (No offense to ZZR fans please). Instead, it really suits ZWJ personal journey and life. He had endured so much since, yet he did not crack, he did not abandon his humanity , and he still manage to look at people for their good qualities instead of focusing on hates,  jealousy, ambition. He still retain that innocence after all the hardships. I think this song is perfectly written from WJ's POV.  This song nicely reflect ZWJ's journey from his younger years to his Ming's leadership periods,  and eventually his relinquishing all to reunite with ZM,  and Hu Xia's voice fit perfectly.

Why I feel this song match better (in term of the relationship aspect) for WJ-ZM is the lyrics that mentioned the "I" in this song is willing to drop "my" name and identity to give the "you" some peace of mind. I personally felt this reflect ZM-WJ situation. They cannot be together should he still retain his Ming leader position or she's still a princess. It's only after they let go of these that they can be together.  

I believe this song is also used for YLT-YBH,  and their situation can somewhat match some parts of this song as well. 

And Zhou Shen's voice is so unique and heavenly haha. This series has three songs with lyrics and they are all sung by singers whose voice had captured my attention: Hu Xia,  Zhou Shen,  and Li Qi (hope I got his name correctly). Kudos to the music department :love:

On a side note,  Lin Yu Shen is married?? I always thought he's still single :sweatingbullets:

@kur4p1k4Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. That's awesome!! 

Spoiler

To avoid long post,  I put this in spoiler. I have posted the next chapter (chapter 6) for my fanfic on WJ-ZM life after their reunion in AO3.

This chapter is two parters (all posted together). First part is rated teen and up, but the second part is mature.  :P

I also posted the next chapter of dark WJ story last week or so. 

And another short story (one shot type), set about 20 years after WJ-MM got married (in one of my fanfic universe at least haha). 

Hope you enjoy!! :D

Peace all :mrgreen:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/76765135.html?weibo_id=4384630217722177

He said if he is ZWJ, he will choose ZM. He love big sister type of girls 

And he said his character is like zwj, abit shy. 

He's definitely the most decisive and dedicated (to ZM)  "Zhang Wuji" of all, and definitely the best WJ in my book. 

Plus, JZ is very persistent and consistent when it comes to "jie jie" type as his type of girl B)

There's another interview,  I think it was live interview conducted at the same day of this interview (judging from the same hairstyle and clothes he worn).  He also mentioned that he likes older sister type (if I remembered correctly). I think in this live interview,  he described his criteria for a potential gf (he was so adorable in this interview. He almost said that "his girl..."(some fans speculated he was about to mistakenly say gf before quickly changed to something that means if he's looking for a gf,  these will be the criteria he's looking for (or something like that?  I am sorry If this is wrong.  I blamed it on my rusty memory and super limited understanding of Mandarin :sweat_smile:). The way he was trying to hold his laughter afterward was just adorable. Sometimes when I watched his interview, I forgot he's just 21 years old. But in this live interview, he looked so boyish and adorable hahaha. 

Peace all 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

He's definitely the most decisive and dedicated (to ZM)  "Zhang Wuji" of all, and definitely the best WJ in my book. 

Plus, JZ is very persistent and consistent when it comes to "jie jie" type as his type of girl B)

1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

Thank you to both of you for the translation! I can’t believe he said he’s shy like WJ lol

4 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

Wait, he speaks Cantonese really well!  Which Province is he from?

And well, even if what he's saying is for the fan-service, still I'll take it! :) Desperate beggar-fans can't be choosers!  ZWJ/ZM forever!

• Like 2

I believe he's from Shenzhen,  which is very close to HK. And I think he's Cantonese so Cantonese should be his native language. Correct me if I am wrong though.

:blush:

In JZ Weibo post when his new drama started a couple days ago,  he himself wrote that when he started filming for this new drama (which should be shortly after filming of HSDS wrapped), his mind was still filled with Jianghu and Min-min.  For the latter,  I guess someone still very much remember ZM until now B).

Someone is reeeeally impressed with ZM ;).

(Not blaming him, I am also still very much impressed with this character:wub:)

@sophiesyc i was also surprised he said he's shy. I always got the vibe that he would be the actively chasing one when he likes someone,  Not quite like WJ hahaha :lol:

• Like 1

A nice FMV about Guo Jing - Huang Rong vs Zhang Wuji - Zhao Min:

And the interview that some mentioned before has been uploaded by TVB Official Youtube channel here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lin Yu Shen 2nd part of the interview, I guess HK-er really love him lol

Lin Yu Shen was so nice and worried that the interviewer did not understand him that he keeps asking that if she did not understand anything just straight ask him to repeat it again (what a nice guy ^_^)

The interviewer said that most of the viewers always praise Lin Yu Shen's Yang Xiao, that he truly grasp Yang Xiao's character.

Lin Yu Shen is grateful for the praise, but he won't be complacent and he'll try to reevaluate his own performance. And he's happier if he could find a friend that could tell him which part that he could improve or do better. If the people around him can only praise him then how can he do even better the next time 

The interviewer said that Kabby Hui previously commented bashfully that Lin Yu Shen is very nice, very gentlemanly

Lin Yu Shen heard that is also embarassed  (lol :lol:) but he said that he always try to treat both men and women gentlemanly

Lin Yu Shen said that people always said that he's different when he's not working he's quite shy. He said he can't help it, if it's not a familiar/working setting he really doesn't know what to do.

He also like Hong Kong a lot because he feels HK is a special city for him and he has a lot of HK friends, if he has time he like to just buy a plane ticket to HK, stay for two days and then come back home.

16 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

And the interview that some mentioned before has been uploaded by TVB Official Youtube channel here:

@cancergirl87 I would recommend you take the footage from TVB (USA) since TVB official usually doesn't have subtitle, since usually both of them have the same content just a PSA.

Other important bits that haven't been translated:

Joseph is the youngest Zhang Wuji at 21 years old.

HSDS is ranked number one in TVB, at least during the shooting of the interview anyway.

This is Joseph's first Cantonese language interview, he's pretty happy and nervous about it lol

He met Lawrence Ng, TVB 2001 Zhang Wuji, they are filming a drama together in HK <我在香港遇见他><The Journey Across The Night>  They watched the new HSDS together when they were on set but Joseph didn't dare to asked him about his performance as ZWJ right there and then (lol). After a few days he finally dare to ask him and Lawrence said he did OK, not bad. He feels affirmed by it.

Apparently Joseph's had a high fever but he still has to shoot the fighting scene with the wire after the shooting was finished then he was sent to the hospital. But I'm not sure whether the interviewer meant he was sent to the hospital after finished shooting the clip that was shown, the Wan An monastery fight or the Fan Yao fight scene or after they finished shooting the whole thing.

Joseph said that it's something that he likes to do so all the hardship is worth it. And he said that all the people that were working also face the same hardship, especially for him as a newcomer he feels this is something that he has to do to has a chance (good work :thumbsup:)

When Joseph got asked what's the hardest thing, he said shooting the whole thing. Apparently they finish the shooting only in 5 months, so everyday nobody has enough sleep. He also has a lot of lines and everyday he has to have the spirit and energy to shoot his scenes. But even with all the challenges and hardship, after he finished shooting, all of if doesn't matter anymore to him, it has passed.

• Like 5

So now that TVB has broadcast the last episode of this 2019 version, there’s a bit I didn’t quite understand. Did Zhou Zhiruo really marry Song Qīngshū in this version or was it fake and she just felt sympathy for what happened to him at the end? They didn’t make it very clear. 

Thanks all, no wonder his cantonese is so good! :) 

Lin Yushen sounds nicely humble and I love it that he got a big break with HSDS 2019.  I'm sure all the Buhui step-mom club ladies will be watching out for his new show.

Speaking of which anyone watching Joseph's new modern drama on studying abroad with his dad?  Didn't someone post a kiss he had with his costar? (Already!  It took us more than 80% way through HSDS to get a kiss! Garh!)

• LOL 1

On 6/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, Mr Horse said:

So now that TVB has broadcast the last episode of this 2019 version, there’s a bit I didn’t quite understand. Did Zhou Zhiruo really marry Song Qīngshū in this version or was it fake and she just felt sympathy for what happened to him at the end? They didn’t make it very clear. 

@Mr Horse No, ZZR never marry SQS it's just a ruse supposed to saved her 'face'.

At the end I think it's just ZZR thinks SQS even though he's been forgiven by his father, SQS would not want to be buried in Wudang since he's already been kicked out, he felt ashamed by his various misconducts. Also technically he already entered Er Mei and as Er Mei disciple his ashes should be kept in Er Mei.

That's my opinion anyway when I watched it.

7 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@Mr Horse No, ZZR never marry SQS it's just a ruse supposed to saved her 'face'.

At the end I think it's just ZZR thinks SQS even though he's been forgiven by his father, SQS would not want to be buried in Wudang since he's already been kicked out, he felt ashamed by his various misconducts. Also technically he already entered Er Mei and as Er Mei disciple his ashes should be kept in Er Mei.

That's my opinion anyway when I watched it.

Thanks. I didn’t think she really married him either but she never explained to anyone at the end that she’s not Mrs Song, that’s why I didn’t think it was very clear. I enjoyed this 2019 version all the way until the end which I think left some unexplained. The two elders in the book were supposed to have their martial arts skills reduced by Zhāng Wújì but nothing happened to them?! They sold themselves off to let the Ming Cult people assassinate Zhao Min’s Father, that was all!  I felt the last episode was the least enjoyable as they tried to close off the story but was a bit rushed. 

• Like 1