Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记


Recommended Posts

@2handsintertwined

Sorry I have to separate into 2 post because I think I vomit words too much already in the previous post. Previously you asked why people in the wuxia world hate Ming sect? To explain that properly we have to go back to the past and talk about what happened between Xie Xun, Cheng Kun, Yang Dingtian, and Yang Dingtian's wife (which until now I still cannot find what's her name :cold_sweat:) and also Ming sect itself.

 

040dLam.png

If you look at that map, the red dot is around where Ming sect headquarter is located. The blue box is where Wudang and Shaolin is located. Most of the other schools and sects are also located mostly on the eastern part of China. This is one of the reason why most of the people from other school is distrustful of Ming sect since they're so far away. Also Ming sect founding was rooted from Persia, that's why the people feels like they're code and believes are foreign base, not rooted in Confucianism/Tao/Buddhism.

 

The other reason why people have so many grudges with Ming sect is related to Cheng Kun.

In the past before the story start (you can watch the flashback in eps 19 I think). When Yang Dingtian was still the leader of Ming sect he got married to Cheng Kun's martial sister.

Cheng Kun and his martial sister are actually lovers, but because she was arranged to be married to Yang Dingtian she told Cheng Kun to break up with her. But Cheng Kun refused, so they have a secret affair.

When Cheng Kun and his martial sister have their affair, they will meet up in the secret passage of the Ming sect, that can only be used by the Ming sect leader.

One day Yang Dingtian found out, because he was so heartbroken, he ruptured his own nerves and died. Yang Dingtian's wife felt so guilty that she caused her husband's death, she killed herself (this is the bodies that ZWJ will find in the cave when he got trapped by Cheng Kun in episode 20)

Cheng Kun was so angry that his martial sister kill herself that he blamed the whole Ming sect and wanted to destroy the sect completely. But he knows he couldn't do it himself since Ming sect has a lot of highly skilled people.

He then got angry when he found out his disciple, Xie Xun, is apparently a high ranking officer of Ming sect. To take his revenge he rape and killed Xie Xun's whole family, since he knows that Xie Xun has a temper, that once you make him angry he won't stop chasing until he can kill Cheng Kun (this flashback happen in episode 5, I think). Cheng Kun then hide himself and just wait for Xie Xun to do foolish stuffs. He also sell his service to the Yuan dynasty just to destroy Ming sect.

Xie Xun blinded by his anger indiscriminately kill people from different school to incite Cheng Kun to come out from hiding by saying that "Cheng Kun did it".

But family and relatives of the people who got killed know it was Xie Xun who did it, so they pile their anger on both Ming sect and Xie Xun.  

Xie Xun also stole other school's martial art, which you're not suppose to do, to enhance his own ability. This add another pile of grudges of other schools towards Ming sect.

After years, finally Cheng Kun's plan came to fruition when all the 6 big sects of the mainland joined together to destroy Ming sect once and for all, to settle their old grudges and do justice for their friends and families that was killed by Xie Xun. 

 

This is why Ming sect was hated by the start of the series.

I'm sure there's other reasons that I missed. But that's the summary I get from the drama.

 

Cheers, I hope the explanation helped :grin:

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm completely gobsmacked by the criticisms of young Joseph's performance. So far he's nailed the role in all its essence.  He's probably the most age-appropriate ZWJ that I've seen. And I love how he

About to get sentimental on you guys. I think I've finally realized why I'm borderline obsessed with this version of ZM/ZWJ, as opposed to just being a passerby viewer in the previous versions. This v

@kur4p1k4 thank you kurapika for the information. ZM and ZWJ are indeed the best couple beating all the odds. I think they are representing most of us people so we can feel the love.   

OMG what is this travesty?! Lin Yu Shen can speak Canto why didn't he dub his TVB version :persevere: (I know, I know he's too expensive probably and logistically too bothersome)

He said he actually like Zhang Wu Ji, Yang Xiao no good, always got hit lol :joy:

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

OMG what is this travesty?! Lin Yu Shen can speak Canto why didn't he dub his TVB version :persevere: (I know, I know he's too expensive probably and logistically too bothersome)

He said he actually like Zhang Wu Ji, Yang Xiao no good, always got hit lol :joy:

 

He is even more handsome in modern clothes and hairstyle :wub:. At 38, he’s not too old or too young for me, haha! Shh! Don’t tell my husband!

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

He is even more handsome in modern clothes and hairstyle :wub:. At 38, he’s not too old or too young for me, haha! Shh! Don’t tell my husband!so 

So it his own voice! I love hear his voice. He have charismatic voice:wub:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

OMG what is this travesty?! Lin Yu Shen can speak Canto why didn't he dub his TVB version :persevere: (I know, I know he's too expensive probably and logistically too bothersome)

He said he actually like Zhang Wu Ji, Yang Xiao no good, always got hit lol :joy:

 

As soon as this Yáng Xiao made his appearance I thought... this guy’s a smooth operator! Probably one of the coolest Yáng Xiao of all the versions (even cooler than the one in the 1994 Taiwan version) and all the ladies must love this bloke! Does anyone know if Yang Xiao is meant to be a cool, calm and collective person in the book?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kimmortal said:

He is even more handsome in modern clothes and hairstyle :wub:. At 38, he’s not too old or too young for me, haha! Shh! Don’t tell my husband!

Omg u mean what? He is like exactly the same age as me? Why didn't I know him earlier? Perhaps we would have chance. I can migrate to China. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@kimmortal @LaurenPanna Yes, he's so cool, but he's always so bashful when any interviewer asked about the popularity of Yang Xiao lol. @Lauren your husband will cry if you leave him for Lin Yu Shen :lol:

Lin Yu Shen is married anyway so you're too late lol :yum:

@polar15 Yes! I was so surprised when the he spoke Canto I thought he did not know Canto, since he's a northerner.

@Mr Horse The coolest Yang Xiao before Lin Yu Shen is probably the 1994 one. Before that I think Yang Xiao is really just a normal character with the typical wuxia personality, he likes wine and women, he's smart, pretty strong, I mean Yang Xiao is the left hand of the Ming cult's leader, but I don't think he's likeable, in the 1986 version as far as I can remember Yang Xiao is more arrogant and confrontative when they don't have any leader.

While Lin Yu Shen's Yang Xiao is more aloof. And I would say this Yang Xiao even with the same line as the 1994 one, Lin Yu Shen can deliver the line with more charm and suaveness ;) imho anyway

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

There's a Chinese sub, for anybody that can read Chinese

Important points:

Lin Yu Shen can speak Canto cause he went to HK in 1996 to shoot a movie so he has HK friends to speak Canto with.

He's also the same generation as Hu Ge, that's was surprising for me I thought Hu Ge is younger than him hahaha

Lin Yu Shen said lotsa ppl thinks he's unapproachable but he's actually very warm (please don't be afraid ppl lol, poor guy:lol:)

He also doesn't like Yang Buhui and Yin Liting relationship personally, no reason at all it should happen, if it's his daughter he won't agree lol (Yes! I agree also that's the weirdest relationship ever, rather than changing the ending of the HSDS I really wish JY did something about that weird pairing)

 

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 12:12 AM, kimmortal said:

To clarify, I didn’t say you need to watch other stuff to understand HSDS. I said if you want to have a deeper understanding of Jin Yong’s shared universe, watching all 4 series will satisfy that. Like Marvel’s Cinematic Universe—you can watch only Doctor Strange and still understand Doctor Strange, but if you want to know what people are talking about what they mention “the incidents in New York” then you’ll need to watch other movies in the MCU. Anyway, I digress.

 

I'm sorry I missed this comment. I didn't mean to say you said something you didn't. Thank you for clarifying this. You're right about this. I need a deeper understanding of Jin Yong's world to understand. I'm sorry.

 

On 6/12/2019 at 12:12 AM, kimmortal said:

I’ll try to answer your questions.

1) Wuji’s mother didn’t give up the sabre. She just couldn’t beat Xie Xun and she wanted to keep her life. Later on, it didn’t matter who had the sabre on Ice-Fire Island because her priorities changed. She picked love and family first.

2) 3rd Hero of Wudang is a good guy and Wudang is known for being a famously good sect whose disciples do good deeds. Wuji’s mother and uncle hurt him to get the sabre; they didn’t need to kill him. She didn’t want to sow further discord between Heavenly Sect and Wudang so she sends him back to Wudang using a delivery service so her identity wouldn’t be known.

3) He got attacked because the culprits wanted the dragon sabre. They guy 3rd Hero fought with last saw him protecting the man who had the sabre (who was later found dead) so it was obvious that the sabre was in 3rd hero’s hands. That’s why the culprit asks him, “is the sabre in the hands of the one surnamed Yin?” Since 3rd Hero was injured when they found him, they figure he lost the sabre to this Yin person. They tortured him so he would speak. He did not say anything. They left him crippled.

4) Yin Susu (Wuji’s mom) did not lie that she wanted to help him. She really was trying to send him back to his master. Those delivery guys were supposed to hand him straight to his master at Wudang temple, not to anyone else at the foot of the mountain. Those guys f—ked up.

5) Wuji got kidnapped because as soon as 5th Hero and Yin Susu was known to be back in Central Plains mainland, news travelled fast and everybody wanted to know where Xie Xun was so they could get dragon sabre. The people who kidnapped Wuji wanted to use him as leverage to get his parents to talk (and wanted to scare him into talking too).

6) Wuji got hit with the Ice Palm as a last resort, probably out of anger, because Grandmaster Zhang Sanfeng successfully got him back. They were just really pissed. Or maybe they thought the good guys would come begging for a cure and have to reveal Xie Xun’s whereabouts.

7) All the orthodox sects hate Ming sects because the government labelled Ming sect members as evil and called them the Devil Sect. Without knowing the root cause, naturally the people of the martial world believed in this nickname as well. And it didn’t help that Xie Xun, who was 1 of 4 protectors of Ming Sect, went around killing people of orthodox sects to force his master out of hiding. He caused more people to hate Ming Sect. Nobody knew the Ming Sect’s true mission statement.

8) Like I mentioned in my earlier post, the title of the series/novel doesn’t really matter. Both sword and sabre are just MacGuffins used so that we can start the story somewhere and then we actually follow the hero through his quests and “Hero’s Journey” and character development. The true story of HSDS is about washing away old grudges and joining together all the people of the martial arts world toward a common purpose: to restore the land of the Hans and drive away the Mongolians and overthrow the Yuan Dynasty. That was the true purpose of the sword and sabre when they were forged by Guo Jing and Huang Rong back when they were defending the country against invaders. That’s the mission statement of the Ming Cult. And within this rebellion, there’s the underlying theme of bad vs good and falling in love with the enemy. Zhang Cuisan and Yin Susu were on different sides (orthodox vs unorthodox sects) and then Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min (Han vs Mongolian).

 

Phew! I hope that was clear. I believe that most, if not all, of your questions were actually answered in the show, hence why I think this is a good adaptation. I’m actually surprised you didn’t ask more pertinent questions like what’s the origin of the 9 Yang Manual and what the heck was it doing inside a big monkey. Lol. That, I believe, was not answered well at all in this version, because Zhang Sanfeng skipped a lot of details in his story to Zhang Wuji. But never mind that. It’s just extra information that enhances the story but doesn’t change its outcome.

 

Thank you for explaining this. I should have read this. I think you answered a lot of my questions. Thank you. I'm glad that you gave me history too. Thank you again.

 

On 6/12/2019 at 12:12 AM, kimmortal said:

There’s a new forum about wuxia that just started for anybody who’s interested in having lengthy discussions about all things wuxia related: https://jianxia.smfnew2.com/index.php

 

Thank you.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:48 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

Ok wait I think I have to explain something, I apologise for assuming you're familiar with "Wuxia" story. Wuxia story in the simplest meaning is a story about martial artist and their journey around China, it also has a certain code and honor that is inbuilt in the world of "wuxia" genre, since the Chinese character for it is 武侠 --> 武(Wu) means martial/military; 侠 (Xia) means hero/chivalrous/brave.

That's why in most wuxia genre the conflict that arise between characters is about what constitutes as honorable conducts/life. In Wuxia story it usually have different schools and sect with their own teachings and martial art secrets that must be guarded. You cannot learn a school's martial art unless you're the disciple of the school. It constitutes a dishonorable conduct to steal a school's martial art book.

 

It's okay. You're right I'm not familiar with the "Wuxia" story. You didn't assume.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:48 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

I also would really like to know which YT sub you watched? Because I feel like you missed a lot of important information from the first 12 episodes at least.

I hope for your 2nd rewatch it's from this one, this one has the better English sub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ros_wHjgdE&list=PLuyfcUjDE--TshpquRKPFbLXr0mTBazWy

 

I didn't watch a YT sub. I watched another sub. You're right. I missed a lot of important information. I hope I rewatch it a 2nd time too.

 

Thank you for explaining all the characters. Thank you for putting up the pictures too.   

On 6/13/2019 at 1:48 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

Yes, ZWJ got hit by a special skill called "Xuanming Divine Palm", which pretty much disrupt his Yin energy. In Chinese literature/medicine it was hypothesize that human has Yin (cold) and Yang (hot) inside us. Xuanming Divine Palm is 'cold' based skill that's why ZWJ when he was a child was always cold and he could only be cured if he could learn Nine Yang manual skill, since Nine Yang is 'hot' based. Ah, but this is based on my memory when I went to Tao school as a kid , it might be the wrong explanation, don't take it as the absolute truth.

 

Thank you for explaining the special skill used on Wujin. I noticed that he got cold. So you went to Tao as a kid. I  believe you.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:48 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

This one I think you're confusing YX and XX.

YX is the one who held the Er Mei's disciple, JXF as hostage during the confrontation at the inn during episode 4. And yes JXF was supposed to be the next Headmaster of Er Mei, but because she fell in love with YX and has his daughter she never went back to Er Mei even though she's also not together with YX.

MJST has an old grudge with YX, since she accused YX of killing her fiancee and stealing the Heaven Sword. Even though YX denied all that since YX is already strong by himself, to him Heaven sword is useless to him. This all happened around episode 4 and 5.

Later on around episode 11 or 12 ZWJ will fulfill JXF last request and send her daughter to YX.

YX is not a bad person, he's just unorthodox.

 

I think I'm confusing YX with XX too. Thank you for explaining what happened to Er Mei's disciple. Thank you for explaining the relationship between MJST and YX. So I was right? YX is not a bad person. 

 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:48 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

I actually love this adaptation a lot, there are some parts I'm unhappy about but overall it's a good drama.

I'm happy you like this adaptation. And I'm sorry there were some parts that you were unhappy with.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:48 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

The thing I dislike is when a TV/movie adaptation cannot tell their story properly and the solution is to read the book <_<. For me personally that means the scriptwriter/director/editor did a bad job in adapting.

You're right. I dislike this too.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

Sorry I have to separate into 2 post because I think I vomit words too much already in the previous post. Previously you asked why people in the wuxia world hate Ming sect? To explain that properly we have to go back to the past and talk about what happened between Xie Xun, Cheng Kun, Yang Dingtian, and Yang Dingtian's wife (which until now I still cannot find what's her name :cold_sweat:) and also Ming sect itself.

No you're fine. You didn't vomit too many words. You were just telling me all the things that I didn't know. Okay. I will look forward to you explaining why Wuxia world hated Ming sect. And thanks for the map.

On 6/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

If you look at that map, the red dot is around where Ming sect headquarter is located. The blue box is where Wudang and Shaolin is located. Most of the other schools and sects are also located mostly on the eastern part of China. This is one of the reason why most of the people from other school is distrustful of Ming sect since they're so far away. Also Ming sect founding was rooted from Persia, that's why the people feels like they're code and believes are foreign base, not rooted in Confucianism/Tao/Buddhism.

 

Oh. I get it. Thank you for explaining this. I think this also explains my questions about the Persia story.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

The other reason why people have so many grudges with Ming sect is related to Cheng Kun.

In the past before the story start (you can watch the flashback in eps 19 I think). When Yang Dingtian was still the leader of Ming sect he got married to Cheng Kun's martial sister.

Cheng Kun and his martial sister are actually lovers, but because she was arranged to be married to Yang Dingtian she told Cheng Kun to break up with her. But Cheng Kun refused, so they have a secret affair.

Ok. 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

When Cheng Kun and his martial sister have their affair, they will meet up in the secret passage of the Ming sect, that can only be used by the Ming sect leader.

One day Yang Dingtian found out, because he was so heartbroken, he ruptured his own nerves and died. Yang Dingtian's wife felt so guilty that she caused her husband's death, she killed herself (this is the bodies that ZWJ will find in the cave when he got trapped by Cheng Kun in episode 20)

Ok.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

Cheng Kun was so angry that his martial sister kill herself that he blamed the whole Ming sect and wanted to destroy the sect completely. But he knows he couldn't do it himself since Ming sect has a lot of highly skilled people.

He then got angry when he found out his disciple, Xie Xun, is apparently a high ranking officer of Ming sect. To take his revenge he rape and killed Xie Xun's whole family, since he knows that Xie Xun has a temper, that once you make him angry he won't stop chasing until he can kill Cheng Kun (this flashback happen in episode 5, I think). Cheng Kun then hide himself and just wait for Xie Xun to do foolish stuffs. He also sell his service to the Yuan dynasty just to destroy Ming sect.

Thanks for explaining this. Xie Xun always said he wanted revenge for who killed his family.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

Xie Xun blinded by his anger indiscriminately kill people from different school to incite Cheng Kun to come out from hiding by saying that "Cheng Kun did it".

But family and relatives of the people who got killed know it was Xie Xun who did it, so they pile their anger on both Ming sect and Xie Xun.  

Wow. So more hate for Ming sect.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

Xie Xun also stole other school's martial art, which you're not suppose to do, to enhance his own ability. This add another pile of grudges of other schools towards Ming sect.

After years, finally Cheng Kun's plan came to fruition when all the 6 big sects of the mainland joined together to destroy Ming sect once and for all, to settle their old grudges and do justice for their friends and families that was killed by Xie Xun. 

 

Ok

 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

This is why Ming sect was hated by the start of the series.

I'm sure there's other reasons that I missed. But that's the summary I get from the drama.

Thank you. No I think you did a good job. I missed a lot. I think you filled in the parts that I missed. Thank you.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

Cheers, I hope the explanation helped :grin:

Yes it helped! Thank you. You are so kind. I hope I watch it a 2nd time.

 

And @kimmortal I meant to say that I was going to reply to you. But I said I was going to reply to @polar15! I think I got that right, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

 

There's a Chinese sub, for anybody that can read Chinese

Important points:

Lin Yu Shen can speak Canto cause he went to HK in 1996 to shoot a movie so he has HK friends to speak Canto with.

He's also the same generation as Hu Ge, that's was surprising for me I thought Hu Ge is younger than him hahaha

Lin Yu Shen said lotsa ppl thinks he's unapproachable but he's actually very warm (please don't be afraid ppl lol, poor guy:lol:)

He also doesn't like Yang Buhui and Yin Liting relationship personally, no reason at all it should happen, if it's his daughter he won't agree lol (Yes! I agree also that's the weirdest relationship ever, rather than changing the ending of the HSDS I really wish JY did something about that weird pairing)

 

I think he also said that often he speaks his mind and because of this, he sometimes upsets people. As with the Yáng Buhui and Yin Liting relationship, I also think it’s a bit weird. For me it’s not the age gap, there’s nothing wrong with that as long as they’re happy. It’s the fact that she went with her dad’s former love rival. Well, I say love rival but in truth, I don’t think Ji Xiaofu had any feelings toward Yin Liting at all and I might be wrong but, I don’t think they had hardly even met face to face??! I guess JY wanted to find closure for Yin LT’s character so he wrote it the way he did?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 6:29 PM, kur4p1k4 said:

 @Sooyun Ahgase Hope you have a nice vacation. Nope nothing different from the mainland, only the fighting maybe a bit faster, ZM just came out yesterday. Canto dub really feel like wuxia when you hear it, hahaha. I think I've been brainwashed by TVB since I was a kid:sweatingbullets:

 

ZM voice actor is not bad still need getting used to. YX is actually not bad as a Left-envoy of Ming sect and as YBH's dad but as the lover who make JXF fall in love with him it just doesn't show. WJ, I need to watch more I suppose, he was fine enough when he got stuck in Lu Liu manor and some parts in Shaolin he actually sounds good enough but I still prefer the mainland. XZ is actually not bad, I actually prefer the Canto. Zhou Dian also not bad actually, comparable to the mainland.

 

And this is all my faves MV I'll post it again in case you haven't seen it, hope it make you laugh especially the 1st one

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av48845666?from=search&seid=9719333813904086562

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av52148499

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av49731395/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.14

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av51273572?from=search&seid=14406333031117411024

wah! Thank you! I enjoyed my vacation and still trying to get myself back to work and catch up with the posts. :D Looking for a better job to pay off my car's insurance and other things. It's so hard these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 6:18 AM, Mr Horse said:

As with the Yáng Buhui and Yin Liting relationship, I also think it’s a bit weird. For me it’s not the age gap, there’s nothing wrong with that as long as they’re happy. It’s the fact that she went with her dad’s former love rival. Well, I say love rival but in truth, I don’t think Ji Xiaofu had any feelings toward Yin Liting at all and I might be wrong but, I don’t think they had hardly even met face to face??! I guess JY wanted to find closure for Yin LT’s character so he wrote it the way he did?!

@Mr Horse Same, it's not about the age gap, but can you as a guy fall in love with you're ex-fiancees and love rival's daughter? Or you as a girl fall in love with a man who is your mom ex-fiancee and your dad's love rival? :dizzy:

For me personally that's just too weird and too much baggage, I just don't think it's possible :unsure: I don't know why JY never re-think this pairing, is it because he actually known/saw this happen in real life? Because usually authors like to take something from real life and put it in their characters.

And the way Yin Liting was so obsessive over Ji Xiaofu was also cringe inducing, geez chill mate :crazy:

 

On 6/17/2019 at 7:11 AM, Sooyun Ahgase said:

wah! Thank you! I enjoyed my vacation and still trying to get myself back to work and catch up with the posts. :D Looking for a better job to pay off my car's insurance and other things. It's so hard these days. 

@Sooyun Ahgase Good Luck! Don't forget to rest and drink water no matter how busy you are :mrgreen:

Well you got a lot to read if you want to read all the posts that you missed, hahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 3:48 PM, LaurenPanna said:

O my. I never realized this habit too (and here I claimed of watching this series on repeat hahaha :sweatingbullets:.  Which I did, especially ep 43-44 :wub:. Guess I was too captivated by their sizzling on-screen chemistry lol ;)

 

I've been wanting to comment a bit about the songs from this series for a while,  so here it is. The songs used are awesome! My favorite is Hu Xia's and Zhou Shen's piece (although I also enjoyed the third song sung by Li Qi),  and also the instrument used on ZCS-YSS death scene and when MM brought RYW's coffin. So eeriely and sadly haunting.

 

In this series,  the song by Hu xia (ending song)  was used during ZR stabbed WJ scenes. I felt this song did not match ZR and/or her relationship with WJ that much (No offense to ZZR fans please). Instead, it really suits ZWJ personal journey and life. He had endured so much since, yet he did not crack, he did not abandon his humanity , and he still manage to look at people for their good qualities instead of focusing on hates,  jealousy, ambition. He still retain that innocence after all the hardships. I think this song is perfectly written from WJ's POV.  This song nicely reflect ZWJ's journey from his younger years to his Ming's leadership periods,  and eventually his relinquishing all to reunite with ZM,  and Hu Xia's voice fit perfectly.

 

Why I feel this song match better (in term of the relationship aspect) for WJ-ZM is the lyrics that mentioned the "I" in this song is willing to drop "my" name and identity to give the "you" some peace of mind. I personally felt this reflect ZM-WJ situation. They cannot be together should he still retain his Ming leader position or she's still a princess. It's only after they let go of these that they can be together.  

 

I believe this song is also used for YLT-YBH,  and their situation can somewhat match some parts of this song as well. 

 

And Zhou Shen's voice is so unique and heavenly haha. This series has three songs with lyrics and they are all sung by singers whose voice had captured my attention: Hu Xia,  Zhou Shen,  and Li Qi (hope I got his name correctly). Kudos to the music department :love:

 

On a side note,  Lin Yu Shen is married?? I always thought he's still single :sweatingbullets:

 

@kur4p1k4Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. That's awesome!! 

 

Spoiler

To avoid long post,  I put this in spoiler. I have posted the next chapter (chapter 6) for my fanfic on WJ-ZM life after their reunion in AO3.

 

This chapter is two parters (all posted together). First part is rated teen and up, but the second part is mature.  :P

 

I also posted the next chapter of dark WJ story last week or so. 

 

And another short story (one shot type), set about 20 years after WJ-MM got married (in one of my fanfic universe at least haha). 

 

Hope you enjoy!! :D

 

 

Peace all :mrgreen:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/76765135.html?weibo_id=4384630217722177

 

He said if he is ZWJ, he will choose ZM. He love big sister type of girls 

 

And he said his character is like zwj, abit shy. 

He's definitely the most decisive and dedicated (to ZM)  "Zhang Wuji" of all, and definitely the best WJ in my book. 

 

Plus, JZ is very persistent and consistent when it comes to "jie jie" type as his type of girl B)

 

There's another interview,  I think it was live interview conducted at the same day of this interview (judging from the same hairstyle and clothes he worn).  He also mentioned that he likes older sister type (if I remembered correctly). I think in this live interview,  he described his criteria for a potential gf (he was so adorable in this interview. He almost said that "his girl..."(some fans speculated he was about to mistakenly say gf before quickly changed to something that means if he's looking for a gf,  these will be the criteria he's looking for (or something like that?  I am sorry If this is wrong.  I blamed it on my rusty memory and super limited understanding of Mandarin :sweat_smile:). The way he was trying to hold his laughter afterward was just adorable. Sometimes when I watched his interview, I forgot he's just 21 years old. But in this live interview, he looked so boyish and adorable hahaha. 

 

Peace all 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

He's definitely the most decisive and dedicated (to ZM)  "Zhang Wuji" of all, and definitely the best WJ in my book. 

 

Plus, JZ is very persistent and consistent when it comes to "jie jie" type as his type of girl B)

 

1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/76765135.html?weibo_id=4384630217722177

 

He said if he is ZWJ, he will choose ZM. He love big sister type of girls 

 

And he said his character is like zwj, abit shy. 

 

Thank you to both of you for the translation! I can’t believe he said he’s shy like WJ lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/76765135.html?weibo_id=4384630217722177

 

He said if he is ZWJ, he will choose ZM. He love big sister type of girls 

 

And he said his character is like zwj, abit shy. 

Wait, he speaks Cantonese really well!  Which Province is he from?

 

And well, even if what he's saying is for the fan-service, still I'll take it! :) Desperate beggar-fans can't be choosers!  ZWJ/ZM forever!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..