Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

16 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I hope this is not too much to ask, wondering if you can do all the screen shots of WJ and ZM's wardrobes.  I know it requires a lot of you times.  I tried and failed miserable.  It's okay if you find this is too much works. :) I really love the 2nd last white outfit that WJ's wearing.  He looks the best, very handsome like a gentleman scholar. 

Oh mate, I hope you don't take my screenshots from the comparison, I cut that smallest possible with the hope that the details still comprehensible. If you really want the wardrobe shot, you can check it at douban, they upload lotsa of official wardrobe pics. 

Here's the link: https://movie.douban.com/subject/25865815/?tag=热门&from=gaia_video

If there are still some wardrobe you want me to screenshot then I'll help out as best as I can B)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@vicious219 Roger that- I'll try to add a little bit each day (I have a definite leaning towards ZM scenes! I love her lines and it's fun to think about how to keep the meaning but, even more, convey the spirit of what she's saying!)

Thanks for that fanart, it's lovely- I'm reminded of some of my favorite animes actually!

Thanks also for the all the fanfiction (so much easier to read in English than Chinese for me!)

For people who are looking for more in English, here's a few of mine (and my Beta's!) too :)  I'll be adding more chapters to both in the next few days too!

[Long format]

Zhaomin-centric exploration of what I think would should have happened in a universe where the story allows Zhaomin's cleverness, boldness and vision to fully develop. AU, unabashedly Zhaomin-Wuji (slow burn), with a twist on the usual Soul Marks.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18294353

[Collection of one-shots]

ZM/ZWJ centered one-shots, each chapter is a separate scene, mostly canon-compliant, with a little AU elements

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18228215/chapters/43804078

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One more fanfic recommendations from the Lofter site (needless to say none of my recs here are mine!)

This author is pretty interesting although probably not everyone's cup of tea, i.e., intensely AU, and some OOC for WJ, dramatic male/female inversion of dynamics, although ZM is ultra-cool (here she is ZWJ's shifu, with some hints of XLN but she's totally NOT innocent ;) ) and there's a strong sexual tension undercurrent. So you have been warned!

http://nlxxkoff.lofter.com/

If you scroll down a little s/he has a cheeky one that references XZ in that s/he makes ZWJ a holy person from Persia and ZM is a princess (of course) ;)  Writer is not just really creative but writes vividly, in this case about the explosion of flowers in Changan, that helps the fantasy setting.  I imagine that's metaphor for his/her creativity... s/he seems to have all these wild plot ideas blooming everywhere, competing for attention in their wild colors and scents. Fun read!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

Hugging series Part TWO! 

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4366496572476543

And Part THREE! 

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4366516114383255

Fans find that, he will usually hold the back of her head with one hand, lock her body with another hand, place his chin on her shoulder. This looks really comfy. Did Joseph do the same in other drama? 

Hi Lauren, do you know where I can find hugging series Part 1.

Another interesting tidbit I found from the costume dept.

Su2IuVdl.png

WJ has black inner sleeves lol. That means his inner feelings want to be with ZM :P I love the costume dept. ZR, does not have black inner clothing, she has normal white I already checked.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Su2IuVdl.png

WJ has black inner sleeves lol. That means his inner feelings want to be with ZM :P I love the costume dept. ZR, does not have black inner clothing, she has normal white I already checked.

OOOOOh. That's good! They always be matchy. <3 I was on the Douban website you posted and was scrolling through the pics. Sad they didn't have much photos together compare to the others (YL, XZ, ZZR).

6 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Su2IuVdl.png

This is very detail, why did he wear Black inner. MinMin outfit is nice. Would you all think that she dress up WJ after they together starting eps 45.

@AppleBanana Yes! Quite sad they don't have much pic together, but it is an wuxia series not romance series, hahaha so I can quite understand. Even though they have such good chemistry :persevere:

@bluesky888 Hahaha, I don't know, but it's usually handled by the director and costume dept what they want to convey and I want to read it means that WJ wants to be with ZM in his heart ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@AppleBanana Yes! Quite sad they don't have much pic together, but it is an wuxia series not romance series, hahaha so I can quite understand. Even though they have such good chemistry :persevere:

@bluesky888 Hahaha, I don't know, but it's usually handled by the director and costume dept what they want to convey and I want to read it means that WJ wants to be with ZM in his heart ;)

I know ;( Ive never been so invested in a couple that I actually wanted more scenes of them and wishing for more romance. Okay that's a lie but its been a while and never to this degree. Boo

Wait actually another reading why both of them wear black clothing is both of they're hearts already dead. That's why WJ wear black clothing, he feels like once he got married his heart is dead, since he doesn't love ZR. While ZM is not happy about the wedding anyway why should she wear appropriate attire? Also she did say to WJ that her heart already dead anyway.:bawling:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I'm subbing ep 27 now, it's so much fun to look back at what happened before all the melo stuff! :D Oh good innocent times!

This is my first time subbing on youtube and it's quite easy! (thankfully there are already folks who helped put in the time stamps!) If you don't speak Chinese, please help with putting in the time stamps, we can then put in translation! If you don't have time, please do a review and edit/fix mistakes/typos (e.g. I saw a line that says "when did you tell my father" (from Bu Hui) but it was supposed to be "when will you tell my father", etc.) Everything and anything helps! :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

%EA%B2%80%EC%9D%84%EB%B9%8C%EB%A6%AC%EB%A9%B0%EC%86%90%EB%8F%842.gif

누구한테배운기술인지.gif

Now I know whom WJ got this skill from. lol :lol:

• LOL 5

21 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Su2IuVdl.png

HAHAHA I had noticed this when I was watching the episode, and thought black underclothes were odd, not just for a wedding, but in general in all the dramas I've watched. This just totally means it was on purpose and he is mourning his own wedding LOL

Also, just a side note, but also on the topic of costumes, I freaking LOVE all the belt styles in this series. Like they are so stylish I would wear there in modern day! LOOK AT WJ'S BELT FOR HIS WEDDING! Also I hate him for saying he's going to kill her and raising his hand at her, but he looks so hot doing it lol

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, deminni said:

HAHAHA I had noticed this when I was watching the episode, and thought black underclothes were odd, not just for a wedding, but in general in all the dramas I've watched. This just totally means it was on purpose and he is mourning his own wedding LOL

Also, just a side note, but also on the topic of costumes, I freaking LOVE all the belt styles in this series. Like they are so stylish I would wear there in modern day! LOOK AT WJ'S BELT FOR HIS WEDDING! Also I hate him for saying he's going to kill her and raising his hand at her, but he looks so hot doing it lol

YeS! I've always like the style of their clothings. The belts they used for the different outfits are very nice. I'll have to pay close attention when I rewatch.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 7:20 AM, Yitian_fan said:

Have to share this Lofter silliness:

http://qixiliuhuo.lofter.com/

The actors (acting as their characters) comment on the wedding (very rough translation!)

Bambi thanks @ZM for coming in the nick of time to stop the wedding otherwise she would be married to @ZWJ!

Yukee asks @ZZR isn't marrying @ZWJ pretty good?

Bambi reponds nah, @Qingshu is better!

Joseph: [Smiley faces]

Yukee: @ZWJ all your fault!

[Later on you get actors for YX, XX, JXF, BH, Yingwang and Yixiao all joining in the funniness!]

But while I'm on topic, here's a few recommendations on Lofter for reading! So many fanfics, so little time!  (I particularly recommend the ones in "*")

疾云
(AU post ZM’s ‘death’ she is betrayed by XZ elders, and captured by then, but ZM makes it back to WJ, however her Mongolian prince fiancee tries to find her, and the plot continues)

* http://estarjune.lofter.com/
(Nice series of one-shots that focus on ZM, really thoughtful!)

自始至终 唯有你
Wuji goes nearly berserk when he thinks he loses ZM

何为真相
Diverges from post-Snake Island where Minmin runs away from her father, then is captured by beggar clan, ZWJ rescues her but doesn't believe her and there's angst.

天上蹦来个太子
When ZZR bursts into the room to see ZM/ZWJ, ZM decides she’s done waiting for WJ and leaves.  A Mongolian Crown Prince is part of the story! :)

* 郡主不好惹
Rewrite of how ZM/ZWJ meeting, mostly follows the story but has significant changes that are pretty cool!

http://sylvia-lingji.lofter.com/
On the way to Shaolin, ZM’s father finds them, there’s a Mongolian prince/fiancee involved

* http://zzfsiva.lofter.com/
Super tragic, ZM dies, but ZWJ pretends she is still alive to himself. I wept reading this one

疾云
After Min’s 'death' ZWJ tries to kill RYW, but RyW gives him a dressing down, Minmin lives of course but her family and a Mongolian prince are a bigger part of the barriers between them

* 忌敏之年少时
Child ZWJ and ZM meet!  Only 1 chapter so far, but cute!

* 绿柳成荫花满堂
ZWJ fails ZM and when he tries to kill himself, instead he is transported back to the moment at Liu Manor in the trap and he gets a second chance. Awesome in that ZWJ is TOTALLY into Minmin from the very get-go!

重生
ZM ’s ‘death’ hits WJ hard but when he finds her she has given up on him and he has to go through a lot of angst to regain her trust

皆空
ZM’s father/brother use a ‘forgetfulness’ drug on ZM, so she doesn't remember him although he does her

微雨燕双飞

The story from ZZR's point of view from Snake Island, slight AU, a lot of angst!

@Yitian_fan

Do you have the link of these fanfics? I created a lofter account but have a hard time using it.

Thanks you.

• Like 1

@kur4p1k4 THANK YOU FOR THIS LINK:

https://movie.douban.com/subject/25865815/photos?type=S&start=150&sortby=like&size=a&subtype=a

They have some amazing photos I hadn't seen before! But also some really weird ones I wish I hadn't seen lol. I'm truly obsessed... going through 77 pages omg. BUT! I found some of my fave outfits of our Princess Zhao Min so I wanted to list them lol...

Spoiler

1. She left him in this outfit. I approve. ALso becaue there was some color in it and not mostly pale pastels and whites. She looks ethereal in blue. Also ironic that it's basically like paired/coupled birds on her dress and she keeps wanting to leave lol

p2549358606.webp

x1080

2. Again, probably because there was COLOR and they work really well together.Love the belt and the embroidery. I wasn't a huge fan of this hairpiece though. It is a little too gold for my taste. Wish she wore this more.

p2552167170.webp

p2553983769.webp

3. BEAUTIFUL. Matches with the Wu Ji at Shao Lin battle who also wore a regal white robe.

p2546716265.webp

p2551445167.webp

p2551445169.webp

p2551445144.webp

4. Lovelovelove her belt. I wanttt

p2550284642.webp

+BONUS (because even those these are "rags," who noticed the embroidery on the sleeves and she just looks so beautiful and happy waiting for WJ <3)

p2553995832.webp

Also, IDK if anyone noticed, but Wu Ji's face is sooooo calm and elegant here??????

p2554564097.webp

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Lending her his shoulder:wub:

xorAmEc.jpg

First thing seeing her face in the morning reaction:wub:

QoYfrDe.jpg

Heart pain hearing his uncles calling MM witch:(

rbbL5vv.jpg

P.S. Finally able to post screenshot:lol:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1