Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

17 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

I just re-read the ending (i believe it's from the last edition of the book) and they left for her home together though?

(Great analysis by the way! )

They did leave together, but I _think_ what happened before while they're

Spoiler

surrounded by the Mongolian troops, is that ZM tries to leave (can't recall if this is just the latest few dramas or the book as well). It's too awkward for him to have her around and the Righteous sects AND Ming sect members hate it that she's there (spy).   She leaves a note to tell Wuji she's leaving and THAT is what prompts Wuji (after that battle) to finally say that he realizes he prefers to wander the world with her than stay and jostle for power against the likes of Zhu YuanZhang (who eventually becomes Emperor in history).

In different dramas he finds her in different ways but my fav is meeting at the inn they initially met for drinks (in this series hotpot) again.  Cue happy ending sequence and romantic theme music. ;)

So in a way, she did let him go. :)

PS Someone send me a link on how to upload pictures because there's so many ZWJ/ZM cute ones but I can't upload to show here (and the url's do not permit references).  The one I just put as my profile pict is just how I like to imagine ZWJ/ZM... happy and having fun! (And can I say? Joseph's hands look so large when he puts them on Yuki's little head- cute! :) )

• Like 3

1 hour ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Already 30, for next we have to wait for wednesday. 6 eps per week so 2 each day from wednesday to friday.

oh..tq for your reply...I've been a little impatient to watch the continue...hahaha...

Agree with previous posters about ZM. She's even more lovable in this version. She can be cunning,  witty,  and ruthless at the same time. Yet, she also shows a "vulnerable " side of her, being a young woman who's experiencing her first lOve :rolleyes:

I applaud the director and the production staffs on how they tackle story that has been told many times before.  To me,  they successfully weave the stories and the characters that manage to capture my attention despite "been there done that" situation. 

Even minor characters got their chance to shine and although their screen time was understandably short.

My fav minor characters so far: Zhou Dian (the actor managed to portray him in a way that didn't come across as annoying to me) and Wei YiXiao/bat king ( he's funny but he can be cool too :D. Really love his banter with ZD and YX). Eagle King and Yin Yewang are also my fav minor characters. 

I love the small details that this version add .

Spoiler

The meal that ZSF and the Ming entourage had after Wudang was almost attacked by ZM and her troops. Also the dinner among the Ming members and ZSF. 

The connection between ZWJ and all his Wudang family

The conversations ZWJ had with ZSF

I also find the scene where WJ visit his parents grave very touching. 

Spoiler

How he said that if its not because of him, his parents would not return and would probably live happily until they were old.  I feel this scene aptly summarized the guilt that ZWJ must felt, something that previous versions missed.  :tears:

These small details really add warmth and feelings:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, lovecarnation said:

oh..tq for your reply...I've been a little impatient to watch the continue...hahaha...

It's ok. That's why we are all here a bunch of people waiting for wednesday...:sweat_smile:

I read interesting thing somewhere long ago that HSDS is kinda opposite of what happened in LOCH.

GJ is so full of revenge while ZWJ is forgiving.

GJ knows for certain that HR is the only one he loves from the beginning while this ZWJ is so wishy washy about his feelings. GJ is slow learner but ZWJ is quick learner.

GJ left the mongolian princess for mainland girl while ZWJ left mainland girl for mongolian princess. 

Well, what you guys think about this ?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

It's ok. That's why we are all here a bunch of people waiting for wednesday...:sweat_smile:

I read interesting thing somewhere long ago that HSDS is kinda opposite of what happened in LOCH.

GJ is so full of revenge while ZWJ is forgiving.

GJ knows for certain that HR is the only one he loves from the beginning while this ZWJ is so wishy washy about his feelings. GJ is slow learner but ZWJ is quick learner.

GJ left the mongolian princess for mainland girl while ZWJ left mainland girl for mongolian princess. 

Well, what you guys think about this ?

Whoa... it's true, i just realized it, Guo Jing leaving Huazeng for HuangRong while ZWJ leaving ZZR for ZM. Both with their own reason. Jin Yong truly an amazing author making this trilogy B)

Zhao Min

laDKjWZ.jpg

Source : weibo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

PS Someone send me a link on how to upload pictures because there's so many ZWJ/ZM cute ones but I can't upload to show here (and the url's do not permit references).  The one I just put as my profile pict is just how I like to imagine ZWJ/ZM... happy and having fun! (And can I say? Joseph's hands look so large when he puts them on Yuki's little head- cute! :) )

Random posting here but you know, I could spend a lot of time just to look at your profile pic :D. They look so cute together and so carefree, kind of the opposite of what they were going through in the drama.

11 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

Random posting here but you know, I could spend a lot of time just to look at your profile pic :D. They look so cute together and so carefree, kind of the opposite of what they were going through in the drama.

Hahaha they are cute!  It's for a shoot, so I assume this is a BTS- you can see some of the other pictures here from that same shoot: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6077554391

I also have a few stored from a shoot earlier which are really sweet (he's holding her protectively with both hands, while gazing at her  dreamily! Fan-service HEAVEN!) :wub:

@Hamaji , also appreciate your beautiful water color of ZM- so gorgeous!

Throw us a bone guys!  More cute BTS and pictures!  Starved fans here!

Edit: Found more!!!

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6079673150

They added funny remarks to the picture but if not for that the 3rd from the top is drool-worthy!  So sweet!

Edit @cancergirl, first off thanks for the BTS's- man Joseph works hard! Plus he's cute with the lamb! :)

SEcond in the profile pict full version, Joseph's other hand is holding Zhaomin's around her belly, it's like they were cuddling...(at least we can pretend!) :wub:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hamaji said:

8@Yitian_fan it's not mine :sweatingbullets: the picture got circulated widely on twitter and weibo and someone shared it to me on fb.

I can't wait for this scene tho B)

wdK57SI.gif

ZM must be very angry when she can't hurt ZWJ but instead thrown the sword. I can't wait for this part too.

15 minutes ago, hamaji said:

8@Yitian_fan it's not mine :sweatingbullets: the picture got circulated widely on twitter and weibo and someone shared it to me on fb.

wdK57SI.gif

YEEES! ZM giving ZWJ a piece of her mind (and sword!) ;)

Actually on rewatching the MV you sent, I realized that there are more hints there than I'd realized at first. This will be one of the series that films the scene where ZWJ/ZM

Spoiler

hide in a cave where they discover 7th Wudang hero's dead body

are discovered by the rest of the Wudang heros (they were set up of course) and wrongfully accused of murder!

Then

Spoiler

it looks like they follow the book.  HIs uncles will demand ZWJ kill ZM, and ZWJ is forced to fight his Wudang Uncles and immobilizes them all to save ZM, and he apologizes on his knees and says that he'll prove his innocence somehow.

It's an important scene because, for the first time, ZWJ will know what it is like to be cast out after being wrongfully accused.  ZM will ask him

Spoiler

"If they could judge you wrongly, why wouldn't you believe it is possible that you have judged me wrongly too?"

It's a very brief second in the MV but I caught it and am excited about that too.

Also very excited about the part where they travel to shaolin

Spoiler

after the wedding break-up

plot-wise it isn't very interesting journey, but relationship development-wise it is the longest period that ZWJ and ZM will get to spend together and we get to see more of her wit and loyalty and love, and it is a beautifully simple time together for them.  One that he'll remember

Spoiler

(if they follow the other dramas) when she leaves.

I can't wait for the sweet! (And only hope we don't get TOO much melodramatic torment before that!)

@graceeedwardmom Noted that it's yuan not Qing! Yikes!  I'm totally illiterate on Chinese history (and apparently also don't remember anything I read!)

• Like 2

I really love the hotpot scene.  So meaningful and nicely show the development of their relationship. 1st step unlocked: from enemy to at least frienemy? :D

Spoiler

It also highlighted ZM character nicely.  She was brave, and she cares about her dynasty so much. Behind all her actions is her deep desire to help make her dynasty better,  hence her actions. But at the same time, I can feel a hint of frustration on her part, since as much as she wants to help,  she  cannot really be involved in the government (if I dont misunderstood ZM and WJ conversation as my mandarin skill is super rusty :sweatingbullets:)

I feel like the scene in thr GIF where ZM threw the sword at the placard an interesting development on her character and her feeling toward WJ.  In ep 30 during the hot pot session, if I understand correctly, she mentioned something along the linw that she will kill anyone who hurt her father and brother (am I correct though? :sweatingbullets:). But at the end,  she cannot go through with it. That's how deep her feeling is.

Which also reminds me,  in the previous adaptions (2000, and maybe also 2009?) WJ told ZZR that he will hurt/kill her if she hurt ZM or something like that (toward the end of the story, around the time when they all gathered to get Xie Xun.  Is this part of the book? If so and If this version also had this scene, it is in contrast of what he said during the hotpot chat.  it's like ZM and WJ flipped for once

Both showcase the depth of their feelings though. That's why WJ was so angry when he thought that ZM betrayed him and killed Yinli.  They said betrayal from the one you love the most,  hurt the worst.

Keeps the pics and bts vids coming!! To tide us till Wednesday :love:

Peace all

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hamaji said:

wdK57SI.gif

This is actually especially cool because of what the sign means (something along the line of having nothing to hide and being upright in action and words).

I bet you she threw it on the sign on purpose haha, as a way to criticize them for being hypocrites.

• Like 5

Nice catch  arcchidus!  A critique that in some ways the Ming sect members (or at least Zhu Yuan Zhang) can be just as much hypocrites as the Righteous sects, and there's no one blameless in the politics game?  

I think one of the interesting political messages that either the recent dramas have added (or may have been in the book) is

Spoiler

that after the MIng sect takes over, Zhu Yuan Zhang goes on to be just as awful a tyrant as the Mongols ever were...

no true heros in this revolution, and perhaps the basis for ZWJ's disenchantment.

I love it that ZM and ZWJ have a lot to teach each other about the world and they struggle together towards a better understanding.

BTW, HSDS 2019 is 'slaying' the online numbers! :)

http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/03/c-drama-ratings-and-celeb-rankings-week_25.html

Second after All's Well and beating the nearly as popular as All's Well Moments in Peking. Congrats to the cast/crew/team! 

(But STILL more than 30 hours to go?!)

Thanks for all the BTS and picts and stories to help us along here! :)

• Like 3

I'm so glad the ending they left together and leave everything behind. Can you imagine ZWJ as the emperor? He'll be the worst emperor ever. Just remember the case where he concluded the antidote for 3rd and 6th uncle by himself. He fallen prey to ZM trap so easily while in his court as an emperor, cunning people will be like almost every ministers and generals. 

Plus, in his harem, ZM and ZZR will fight everyday over EVERYTHING. I imagine ZWJ will abdicate the throne and become monk somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@caranita :D Proudly too.. lols.

Yang Xiao - Ji xiaofu's storyline makes me very impressed..... :wub: mostly I think its a combination of a good script for the character and the actors ability to pull it off..... 

Lin yu shen's Yang xiao makes me laugh when he first uttered his "yo!" and then the "rotten nun" comment is hilarious... hahaha...

I admit tho I'm biased on YX so I don't think I can give a good judgement on the current story.. lols.. what can I say... the guy's a scene stealer 

Anyway.. this YT account made cut scenes of YX-JXF from ep 4 to 27.... not gonna lie, watching ep 11-12 in one go makes me sad again... lols. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2