I downloaded weibo Apps

Then i sign up using my phone number

U fill in phone country code and your local mobile phone 

Verification code will be sent to sms 

And u will be prompted along the way

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, ildiz said:

Wow. It's awesome. They  REVERSED the gif. lol 

that very beautiful, need more GIF from WJ-MM. 

• Like 2

Ok this might be a bit long. I've been reading all yours distaste for eps where ZR went to Wudang and subsequent happening until ZM comes out again, I understand that feeling but after rewatching it again especially after ending I think this episodes actually make me doubt whether ZR ever actually like WJ or she only like Zhang Jiao Zhu. This episodes also strengthen my believe that WJ never like ZR as love interest, he only likes and care for her as his sister and also regard her as his childhood saviour. Also my analysis is separate from the book or other TV version since I do believe this version develop ZR and WJ differently from what I gather.

Firstly, I never have any vibe that ZR when she met WJ again she likes him, I think she was happy that the sickly boy that she met years ago is still alive, that's it. Even though ZR lost her parents I do believe she was happy in Er Mei and MJ Shi Tai even with her fault she does loves all her disciples, ZR especially, even though her kind of love comes with the caveat that you obey her. And by meeting WJ she can go to Er Mei I think she is thankful for that. The one point I think where ZR start to be interested in WJ I would actually put the blame on MJ Shi Tai, she actually praised WJ for being heroic even if he's from evil sect

Spoiler

D4ZfQjhm.pngvkw415hm.png

K0oaIOvm.png

This for ZR is like an approval from the person that she respect and love the most, that WJ is acceptable

Which also her biggest flaw romance-wise, ZR cannot separate WJ from Zhang Jiao Zhu.

I'm not saying WJ is not heroic but all the responsibility later on that he has to carry as Ming sect leader, rebel leader, wulin leader, they're all the hope of other people that was pushed on him, he was always reluctant at first but after he accepts he always do the best he can as Zhang Jiao Zhu. As WJ he only wants to treat people and serve justice personally while wandering around the world freely doing whatever he likes. Which somehow ZR always fail to grasp even when WJ personally told her twice since to her Zhang Jiao Zhu is WJ so for Zhang Jiao Zhu to wants to give up his position is unthinkable to her.

For WJ why I believe he never like ZR as love interest is because his whole attitude toward ZR especially if you compared it to ZM is like night and days. When they just came back from snake island when XX accidentally hit a person look at this, WJ backs off a step and then when he realise his mistake then he grab hold of ZR to protect her.

Spoiler

KjkaM5Zm.pngBNmAuUim.png

When in Wudang I know they holds hand when he was announcing they're engagement but I do believe it's just for show, as you can see once the show is over look at that gap. And also when WJ tried to comfort ZR why do you have to say come, she's not a dog:joy:

Spoiler

uYNY6uZm.pngT2SYBKjm.png

When going down Wudang and meeting Ming people they walk more like a friend rather than a lover or even 2 person that tries to be in a relationship. Even when WJ hold her hand it's so weird that even WJ has to look down and kind of make sure he holds the right hand lol. And look at that gap I could put an Orang Utan and her baby inside that gap.

Spoiler

dJrkDksm.pngQxc6xmim.pnguvE4QkSm.png

Even YX is super confused

Spoiler

NSJWTnJm.pngBxhrs0hm.png

Imho WJ never like ZR as love interest at all, the whole episodes I feel like WJ is trying to act like a boyfriend that he read from a manual. There's also the part where he keeps saying thank you to ZR and he feels bad that ZR has to cook for him. He's totally reserved toward ZR, but by then I believe he wants to let go of ZM that's why he keeps forcing himself to be considerate toward ZR. 

Another scenes where I think ZR never like WJ only Zhang Jiao Zhu and WJ only love ZM is the night before the wedding. Both bride and groom was thinking different woman, ZR was thinking MJ Shi Tai, WJ was thinking of ZM. What a doomed wedding:sweatingbullets:

And to contrast to our fave OTP, could only put a hamster there probably. They don't care whether they're alone or in front of other people they just like holding each other hands

Spoiler

3aQ3KXSm.pngHQd0m1bm.png

Sidenote: The only other girl that I do believe WJ is at least attracted to is the girl with the dog, since that's probably the first time a pretty girl is nice to him. You can see how hurt he was when he told about her betrayal to Zhu Er. After that I think he was really only intrigued by ZM.

Apologies for the long post. Have a Good Sunday! Cheers

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Ok this might be a bit long. I've been reading all yours distaste for eps where ZR went to Wudang and subsequent happening until ZM comes out again, I understand that feeling but after rewatching it again especially after ending I think this episodes actually make me doubt whether ZR ever actually like WJ or she only like Zhang Jiao Zhu. This episodes also strengthen my believe that WJ never like ZR as love interest, he only likes and care for her as his sister and also regard her as his childhood saviour. Also my analysis is separate from the book or other TV version since I do believe this version develop ZR and WJ differently from what I gather.

Firstly, I never have any vibe that ZR when she met WJ again she likes him, I think she was happy that the sickly boy that she met years ago is still alive, that's it. Even though ZR lost her parents I do believe she was happy in Er Mei and MJ Shi Tai even with her fault she does loves all her disciples, ZR especially, even though her kind of love comes with the caveat that you obey her. And by meeting WJ she can go to Er Mei I think she is thankful for that. The one point I think where ZR start to be interested in WJ I would actually put the blame on MJ Shi Tai, she actually praised WJ for being heroic even if he's from evil sect

Reveal hidden contents

D4ZfQjhm.pngvkw415hm.png

K0oaIOvm.png

This for ZR is like an approval from the person that she respect and love the most, that WJ is acceptable

Which also her biggest flaw romance-wise, ZR cannot separate WJ from Zhang Jiao Zhu.

I'm not saying WJ is not heroic but all the responsibility later on that he has to carry as Ming sect leader, rebel leader, wulin leader, they're all the hope of other people that was pushed on him, he was always reluctant at first but after he accepts he always do the best he can as Zhang Jiao Zhu. As WJ he only wants to treat people and serve justice personally while wandering around the world freely doing whatever he likes. Which somehow ZR always fail to grasp even when WJ personally told her twice since to her Zhang Jiao Zhu is WJ so for Zhang Jiao Zhu to wants to give up his position is unthinkable to her.

For WJ why I believe he never like ZR as love interest is because his whole attitude toward ZR especially if you compared it to ZM is like night and days. When they just came back from snake island when XX accidentally hit a person look at this, WJ backs off a step and then when he realise his mistake then he grab hold of ZR to protect her.

Reveal hidden contents

KjkaM5Zm.pngBNmAuUim.png

When in Wudang I know they holds hand when he was announcing they're engagement but I do believe it's just for show, as you can see once the show is over look at that gap. And also when WJ tried to comfort ZR why do you have to say come, she's not a dog:joy:

Reveal hidden contents

uYNY6uZm.pngT2SYBKjm.png

When going down Wudang and meeting Ming people they walk more like a friend rather than a lover or even 2 person that tries to be in a relationship. Even when WJ hold her hand it's so weird that even WJ has to look down and kind of make sure he holds the right hand lol. And look at that gap I could put an Orang Utan and her baby inside that gap.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

NSJWTnJm.pngBxhrs0hm.png

Imho WJ never like ZR as love interest at all, the whole episodes I feel like WJ is trying to act like a boyfriend that he read from a manual. There's also the part where he keeps saying thank you to ZR and he feels bad that ZR has to cook for him. He's totally reserved toward ZR, but by then I believe he wants to let go of ZM that's why he keeps forcing himself to be considerate toward ZR. 

Another scenes where I think ZR never like WJ only Zhang Jiao Zhu and WJ only love ZM is the night before the wedding. Both bride and groom was thinking different woman, ZR was thinking MJ Shi Tai, WJ was thinking of ZM. What a doomed wedding:sweatingbullets:

And to contrast to our fave OTP, could only put a hamster there probably. They don't care whether they're alone or in front of other people they just like holding each other hands

Reveal hidden contents

3aQ3KXSm.pngHQd0m1bm.png

Sidenote: The only other girl that I do believe WJ is at least attracted to is the girl with the dog, since that's probably the first time a pretty girl is nice to him. You can see how hurt he was when he told about her betrayal to Zhu Er. After that I think he was really only intrigued by ZM.

Apologies for the long post. Have a Good Sunday!

I really like what you analyzed the above. I believe ZZR like WJ as the leader of Ming's sect and maybe a future King. She have no interested of wonder around the world with WJ. You can see that WJ have a different smiles and holding MinMin hand in front of everybody. Same with MinMin, she not shy at all.

Edited by bluesky888
  • Like 4

Chapter 2 as promised

So initially, I thought this would be a quick and painless (well, not really for Wu Ji, but you know what I mean) story that was centered around a certain plot point I wanted, but the more I wrote, the more it grew into an introspective Wu Ji that I rather like. Maybe this is my coping mechanism to how angry I was at Wu Ji at the end of HSDS, so I hope those of you who felt the same way as me can seek a little solace through this.

Next chapter will be edited and updated tomorrow! :) She will come soon. I promise.

Title: Fortunately

Chapter 2:

Wu Ji’s smile warms. For now, maybe he can push away the veil of haunted dreams and thinks the day might not be so bad after all.

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/44167018

Spoiler

Wu Ji is still. He can’t move. He doesn’t remember being immobilized by any Persians. But there she is again. Eyes fixated on him as she raises the hilt of Yi Tian Jian 倚天劍 above her head. Her eyes never leave him.

Wu Ji can’t move.

No.

He can’t speak either. He tries, to yell, to scream, to tell her to stop. This is dumbdumbdumb. She is the most intelligent person he knows. She can’t possibly—

No.

He is trying to activate the movements of nerves and meridians spread throughout his body; they’re on fire, but Wu Ji can’t move can’t think can’t be fast enough.

“NO!”

In one swift moment, the metal pierces through both women, and red stains Yi Tian JIan.

Wu Ji is released from the trappings of his own body and hot blood fills his earseyesveins. He rushes to her, Tu Long Dao 屠龍刀 gripped tightly, but as soon as he reaches out for her, as soon as she falls, all he can see are hurt eyes piercing his and she is gone.

No…

He blinks and nothing. Everything dissipates. Wu Ji looks around. Everyone is gone. It is so still.

A cold chill runs down his spine at the silence.

He blinks and a forest surrounds him. He is immobilized again.

Wu Ji sees red. Her Hanfu. She is kneeling.

He sees Ru Yang Wong, Wang Bao Bao, Xuan Ming Elders.

Wu Ji is still. He can’t move. Not again. Please.

No.

Her father raises his sword above his head.

No.

In one swift moment, the metal pierces through her.

NO!

Red stains her hands as she grips tightly to sharpened steel.

His eyes sting from tears and fury and hopelessness. He shuts them tight.

“NO!”

Wu Ji’s eyes fly open as he jolts up from the bed, awakened by a mix of cold sweat and the sound of Ping On neighing.

He takes a moment to catch his breath and wipes the perspiration from his face. He collects himself, evening out his inhalation as he tries to slow the rapid beating of his heart.

Once his hands stop shaking and he calms to a certain degree, Wu Ji pushes his tired body off the bed and walks outside. He shields his eyes. Judging from the sun’s position, he has probably only slept for a couple hours.

Ping On is restless as Wu Ji struggles with his harness and softly tries to calm him. The horse settles after a couple of tries, and suddenly Wu Ji realizes they are not alone. He swiftly turns around and spots the head of a young boy peeking out from behind an old tree about five yards away.

The boy’s eyes reflect his fears and curiosity.

Wu Ji stops for a second and after perceiving no danger, pets Ping On a couple of times on the nose and engages with the boy.

“I am Zhang Wu Ji. What is your name?”

The boy pauses, still hiding behind the tree, and softly answers, “I am Lin Shan. You can call me Ah Shan.”

“Ah Shan. That is my father’s name.” Wu Ji feels his lips curve upward slightly. “What are you doing out here by yourself, Ah Shan?”

“Playing. I wanted to play with your horse. I think I scared it.”

Wu Ji chuckles. The boy is hiding behind a tree yards away from his horse, and he thinks the horse is scared. “It’s okay, Ah Shan. It is not scared of you. It’s a really brave horse. Come.” He waves the boy over with a warm grin and continues to pet Ping On. “See? He is calm now.”

Ah Shan straightens up and fixes his Mongolian Garb, and Wu Ji can see the exact moment when the young boy musters up his courage, puffs out his chest, and slowly makes his way towards them.

“His name is Ping On. Do you want to pet him?”

Ah Shan nods. The boy first uses one hand to pat Ping On a couple of times on the nose, then both his hands are stroking Ping On’s face softly. “I really love horses. You have a really good horse. A little skinny, but I can tell it’s a good horse.”

Wu Ji feels a slight pang of guilt and jokes, “It is not easy finding food out here in the desert.”

This makes Ah Shan’s face light up. “I have food!” He adjusts the bag draped around his body and brings it to the front. Reaching in, the boy pulls out six mantous and offers them up to Wu Ji. “Here. You can have these.”

Wu Ji freezes, taken aback by the kind gesture. Wu Ji’s gratitude is probably expressed all over his face as he slowly takes the generous offering from the young boy.

“Don’t worry! I have plenty more at home. A hao jie jie made them for me.”

“If you call me hao jie jie, I will go save your Chu gu niang for you.”

Wu Ji pauses, still shaken, but he puts on a smile for the boy. “Thank you so much, Ah Shan. Wu Ji Ge Ge truly appreciates you.” He saves four of them in his Hanfu for later, not quite hungry yet.

The boy continues to pet Ping On as the horse happily eats two back to back. “You’re welcome! Now ge ge and Ping On won’t be hungry anymore.”

Wu Ji’s smile warms. For now, maybe he can push away the veil of haunted dreams and thinks the day might not be so bad after all.

--

After spending most of the morning listening to Ah Shan talk, Wu Ji learns that the boy is eight years old, that his parents work outdoors herding sheep and cattle, and he often gets himself into all kinds of mischief when he is not helping them.

It is nice to have some company and conversation again, to get away from the confines of his own mind.

Wu Ji listens intently as Ah Shan recounts, in detail, his visit to his dad’s friend’s house. He describes it as an adventure over the desert, past all the sand dunes, and into an oasis of lush green grasslands beside crystal clear lakes. It was the first time they had taken family trip together.

The way Ah Shan describes it makes it sound like the most beautiful place in this world. But Wu Ji knows better.

Nothing could compare to the majestic serenity of Wu Dang Mountains and the beautifully haunting snowfields of the Northern Islands, but he is happy to oblige and fancy the young boy’s tales. He would like to see what this place is all about. It would be a nice change of scenery, Wu Ji thinks as he continues to listen to Ah Shan.

As the day approaches high noon, Ah Shan is finishing up a story about his favorite cow giving birth to his now new favorite calf and how he got to name the calf.

Wu Ji chuckles and shakes his head. Ah Shan really does not tire. He looks up and realizes that if he doesn’t leave soon, he might not be able to find another shelter before it gets dark. He sadly tells Ah Shan as much and bids him farewell.

Wu Ji and Ah Shan wave goodbye to each other as Wu Ji rides off, feeling especially grateful and more fulfilled than he has in a while.

--

Ah Shan watches Wu Ji ge ge ride off into the distance and waves and waves until his arm starts burning. As the boy begins to walk back to his yurt, he smiles and is happy to have met Wu Ji. The man really is a nice person. No wonder that hao jie jie gave him extra mantous to give to Wu Ji ge ge.

--

The days are usually pretty standard for Wu Ji. After resting for a night, he and Ping On will head out and continue either north or west without any real directions to go off of. Wu Ji has learned that trying to find a person in the expanse of a region as large as Mongolia is like fishing a needle from the sea. In the Central Plains, he could essentially find anyone he needed with the network of people surrounding Ming Sect and their Jiang Hu friends.

But out here, his Ming Sect’s connections would be rendered useless.

No, not his anymore. He had given that part of his life up. The choice to leave had come rather easily once they had successfully pushed Yuan forces out of China and back to the Eurasian Steppes.

His mind had been made up long before the battle at Shao Lin even began.

"Fighting this war and winning as a goal of mine has not changed. Marrying Zhao gu niang as a goal of mine will also not change."

Wu Ji had completed his duties and fulfilled his promise. Now, Ming Sect just needed to keep theirs.

For the past couple of years, Wu Ji has gathered information from people along the way that Zhu Yuan Zhang had become the de facto leader of Ming Sect and has collected an impressive résumé of conquests and talents alike. Currently, the power struggle between Zhu Yuan Zhang and Chou You Liang is at its most heated while Wang Bao Bao presides over Northern Yuan.

Wu Ji knows it is dangerous for him to have made it into her brother’s territory, but Wu Ji’s ability to evade and hide from anyone possibly out looking for him has only improved with time.

He enjoys the anonymity.

Out here, there is no Jiao Zhu. No Ming Sect. No Wu Lin. No would-be throne.

Out here, Wu Ji is no one.

He thinks it is laughable they would want him to be Emperor. It wasn’t like he hadn’t thought about it. Her warnings continued to resonate long after she had left.

He had imagined a life of constant scheming and politics. Of struggling to trust even his most loyal friends and family just to secure a throne made of gold and dragons. These thoughts made his stomach churn. To him, an emperor’s throne was just a chair filled with burden. He had a taste as Ming Sect Jiao Zhu, leader of all of Wu Lin. Wu Ji did not care about any of that.

If they wanted it, they could have it.

All Wu Ji wants is one thing.

It is unquestionably worth more than any kingdom and chair and title combined.

He just wishes he knows where to find it.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I don't know how to post the GIFs here,  but this weibo's account make the whole kiss is slow motion GIFs.:wub:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4364529448398597

Omg firstly, the slow-motion REVERSE kissing is *JAW DROPS*

Secondly, thank you so much for the ten thousand gifs of them kissing and holding hands and moments of LOVE because ZZR never ever had this with Wu Ji. :D hahaha

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Reveal hidden contents

D4ZfQjhm.pngvkw415hm.png

K0oaIOvm.png

Reveal hidden contents

KjkaM5Zm.pngBNmAuUim.png

Reveal hidden contents

uYNY6uZm.pngT2SYBKjm.png

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

NSJWTnJm.pngBxhrs0hm.png

Reveal hidden contents

3aQ3KXSm.pngHQd0m1bm.png

Welp. Your post officially wins best analysis of the episodes I never watched ever.

I don't even need to watch it! You've dissected it for me and even had photographic evidence and visual representation. I bow to you. haha

But no, seriously, what you said is so significant because for both female leads, their personal wants, needs, desires, and interpretations of who Wu Ji is are so vastly different! You are spot on in saying ZZR is infatuated with WJ's title and Jiao Zhu status, whereas ZM DETESTS the Jiao Zhu title and can even throw away her ACTUAL ROYAL LINEAGE to become a commoner and live happily and peacefully with the man she loves (or just by herself! She's so badass she don't need no man).

ZZR seeks power because she's never had it. She needs a man who can pull her status up, and when she became a skilled martial artist, power got to her head. Her vision of a man like WJ who can give her the materialistic things she needs is shattered so she becomes resentful and ruthless.

On the other hand, we have a ZM whose status is literally above many and below very few, and yet she seeks a man that can match her heart and mind and future, not her status. She loves WJ for him and nothing else. The simple man with his hair in a bun who wants to travel the world with her.

I've always loved the fact that ZM and ZZR are foils to each other, and this drama truly depicted it well. Little details that other versions didn't enhance as much because it wasn't necessary in the plotline. I felt like other versions of ZZR actually did love WJ. '86 version was so heartbroken when she saw him at the inn before their wedding night. It was a different pain in her eyes (Sheren is an amazing actress).

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Hide contents

D4ZfQjhm.pngvkw415hm.png

K0oaIOvm.png

Hide contents

KjkaM5Zm.pngBNmAuUim.png

Hide contents

uYNY6uZm.pngT2SYBKjm.png

Hide contents

Hide contents

NSJWTnJm.pngBxhrs0hm.png

Hide contents

3aQ3KXSm.pngHQd0m1bm.png

I love your analysis and so funny about the gap and what can fit in it LOL.

6 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

I’m soooo glad that he only kiss MinMin here.

Thank goodness!

3 hours ago, sophiesyc said:

I think u only need email and phone number. 

IF I can read chinese I would totally sign up. The translate option doesn't work well. I can never understand. SO glad to have you awesome peeps to provide translation and goodies from weibo. Thanks again! Ya'll the best :kiss_wink:

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, deminni said:

Chapter 2 as promised

So initially, I thought this would be a quick and painless (well, not really for Wu Ji, but you know what I mean) story that was centered around a certain plot point I wanted, but the more I wrote, the more it grew into an introspective Wu Ji that I rather like. Maybe this is my coping mechanism to how angry I was at Wu Ji at the end of HSDS, so I hope those of you who felt the same way as me can seek a little solace through this.

Next chapter will be edited and updated tomorrow! :) She will come soon. I promise.

Title: Fortunately

Chapter 2:

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18594964/chapters/44167018

Hide contents

Wu Ji is still. He can’t move. He doesn’t remember being immobilized by any Persians. But there she is again. Eyes fixated on him as she raises the hilt of Yi Tian Jian 倚天劍 above her head. Her eyes never leave him.

Wu Ji can’t move.

No.

He can’t speak either. He tries, to yell, to scream, to tell her to stop. This is dumbdumbdumb. She is the most intelligent person he knows. She can’t possibly—

No.

He is trying to activate the movements of nerves and meridians spread throughout his body; they’re on fire, but Wu Ji can’t move can’t think can’t be fast enough.

“NO!”

In one swift moment, the metal pierces through both women, and red stains Yi Tian JIan.

Wu Ji is released from the trappings of his own body and hot blood fills his earseyesveins. He rushes to her, Tu Long Dao 屠龍刀 gripped tightly, but as soon as he reaches out for her, as soon as she falls, all he can see are hurt eyes piercing his and she is gone.

No…

He blinks and nothing. Everything dissipates. Wu Ji looks around. Everyone is gone. It is so still.

A cold chill runs down his spine at the silence.

He blinks and a forest surrounds him. He is immobilized again.

Wu Ji sees red. Her Hanfu. She is kneeling.

He sees Ru Yang Wong, Wang Bao Bao, Xuan Ming Elders.

Wu Ji is still. He can’t move. Not again. Please.

No.

Her father raises his sword above his head.

No.

In one swift moment, the metal pierces through her.

NO!

Red stains her hands as she grips tightly to sharpened steel.

His eyes sting from tears and fury and hopelessness. He shuts them tight.

“NO!”

Wu Ji’s eyes fly open as he jolts up from the bed, awakened by a mix of cold sweat and the sound of Ping On neighing.

He takes a moment to catch his breath and wipes the perspiration from his face. He collects himself, evening out his inhalation as he tries to slow the rapid beating of his heart.

Once his hands stop shaking and he calms to a certain degree, Wu Ji pushes his tired body off the bed and walks outside. He shields his eyes. Judging from the sun’s position, he has probably only slept for a couple hours.

Ping On is restless as Wu Ji struggles with his harness and softly tries to calm him. The horse settles after a couple of tries, and suddenly Wu Ji realizes they are not alone. He swiftly turns around and spots the head of a young boy peeking out from behind an old tree about five yards away.

The boy’s eyes reflect his fears and curiosity.

Wu Ji stops for a second and after perceiving no danger, pets Ping On a couple of times on the nose and engages with the boy.

“I am Zhang Wu Ji. What is your name?”

The boy pauses, still hiding behind the tree, and softly answers, “I am Lin Shan. You can call me Ah Shan.”

“Ah Shan. That is my father’s name.” Wu Ji feels his lips curve upward slightly. “What are you doing out here by yourself, Ah Shan?”

“Playing. I wanted to play with your horse. I think I scared it.”

Wu Ji chuckles. The boy is hiding behind a tree yards away from his horse, and he thinks the horse is scared. “It’s okay, Ah Shan. It is not scared of you. It’s a really brave horse. Come.” He waves the boy over with a warm grin and continues to pet Ping On. “See? He is calm now.”

Ah Shan straightens up and fixes his Mongolian Garb, and Wu Ji can see the exact moment when the young boy musters up his courage, puffs out his chest, and slowly makes his way towards them.

“His name is Ping On. Do you want to pet him?”

Ah Shan nods. The boy first uses one hand to pat Ping On a couple of times on the nose, then both his hands are stroking Ping On’s face softly. “I really love horses. You have a really good horse. A little skinny, but I can tell it’s a good horse.”

Wu Ji feels a slight pang of guilt and jokes, “It is not easy finding food out here in the desert.”

This makes Ah Shan’s face light up. “I have food!” He adjusts the bag draped around his body and brings it to the front. Reaching in, the boy pulls out six mantous and offers them up to Wu Ji. “Here. You can have these.”

Wu Ji freezes, taken aback by the kind gesture. Wu Ji’s gratitude is probably expressed all over his face as he slowly takes the generous offering from the young boy.

“Don’t worry! I have plenty more at home. A hao jie jie made them for me.”

“If you call me hao jie jie, I will go save your Chu gu niang for you.”

Wu Ji pauses, still shaken, but he puts on a smile for the boy. “Thank you so much, Ah Shan. Wu Ji Ge Ge truly appreciates you.” He saves four of them in his Hanfu for later, not quite hungry yet.

The boy continues to pet Ping On as the horse happily eats two back to back. “You’re welcome! Now ge ge and Ping On won’t be hungry anymore.”

--

After spending most of the morning listening to Ah Shan talk, Wu Ji learns that the boy is eight years old, that his parents work outdoors herding sheep and cattle, and he often gets himself into all kinds of mischief when he is not helping them.

It is nice to have some company and conversation again, to get away from the confines of his own mind.

Wu Ji listens intently as Ah Shan recounts, in detail, his visit to his dad’s friend’s house. He describes it as an adventure over the desert, past all the sand dunes, and into an oasis of lush green grasslands beside crystal clear lakes. It was the first time they had taken family trip together.

The way Ah Shan describes it makes it sound like the most beautiful place in this world. But Wu Ji knows better.

Nothing could compare to the majestic serenity of Wu Dang Mountains and the beautifully haunting snowfields of the Northern Islands, but he is happy to oblige and fancy the young boy’s tales. He would like to see what this place is all about. It would be a nice change of scenery, Wu Ji thinks as he continues to listen to Ah Shan.

As the day approaches high noon, Ah Shan is finishing up a story about his favorite cow giving birth to his now new favorite calf and how he got to name the calf.

Wu Ji chuckles and shakes his head. Ah Shan really does not tire. He looks up and realizes that if he doesn’t leave soon, he might not be able to find another shelter before it gets dark. He sadly tells Ah Shan as much and bids him farewell.

Wu Ji and Ah Shan wave goodbye to each other as Wu Ji rides off, feeling especially grateful and more fulfilled than he has in a while.

--

Ah Shan watches Wu Ji ge ge ride off into the distance and waves and waves until his arm starts burning. As the boy begins to walk back to his yurt, he smiles and is happy to have met Wu Ji. The man really is a nice person. No wonder that hao jie jie gave him extra mantous to give to Wu Ji ge ge.

--

The days are usually pretty standard for Wu Ji. After resting for a night, he and Ping On will head out and continue either north or west without any real directions to go off of. Wu Ji has learned that trying to find a person in the expanse of a region as large as Mongolia is like fishing a needle from the sea. In the Central Plains, he could essentially find anyone he needed with the network of people surrounding Ming Sect and their Jiang Hu friends.

But out here, his Ming Sect’s connections would be rendered useless.

No, not his anymore. He had given that part of his life up. The choice to leave had come rather easily once they had successfully pushed Yuan forces out of China and back to the Eurasian Steppes.

His mind had been made up long before the battle at Shao Lin even began.

"Fighting this war and winning as a goal of mine has not changed. Marrying Zhao gu niang as a goal of mine will also not change."

Wu Ji had completed his duties and fulfilled his promise. Now, Ming Sect just needed to keep theirs.

For the past couple of years, Wu Ji has gathered information from people along the way that Zhu Yuan Zhang had become the de facto leader of Ming Sect and has collected an impressive résumé of conquests and talents alike. Currently, the power struggle between Zhu Yuan Zhang and Chou You Liang is at its most heated while Wang Bao Bao presides over Northern Yuan.

Wu Ji knows it is dangerous for him to have made it into her brother’s territory, but Wu Ji’s ability to evade and hide from anyone possibly out looking for him has only improved with time.

He enjoys the anonymity.

Out here, there is no Jiao Zhu. No Ming Sect. No Wu Lin. No would-be throne.

Out here, Wu Ji is no one.

He thinks it is laughable they would want him to be Emperor. It wasn’t like he hadn’t thought about it. Her warnings continued to resonate long after she had left.

He had imagined a life of constant scheming and politics. Of struggling to trust even his most loyal friends and family just to secure a throne made of gold and dragons. These thoughts made his stomach churn. To him, an emperor’s throne was just a chair filled with burden. He had a taste as Ming Sect Jiao Zhu, leader of all of Wu Lin. Wu Ji did not care about any of that.

If they wanted it, they could have it.

All Wu Ji wants is one thing.

It is unquestionably worth more than any kingdom and chair and title combined.

He just wishes he knows where to find it.

Ahhhh i want more i want more!! 

Hao jie jie saw Wuji and send the boy to give him extra buns

How sweet!!! 

Once the Grassland Réunion has finished the story, i know i still have your fan fic to fall back on. 

Thank you so much Deminni 

@deminni

27 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

I love your analysis and so funny about the gap and what can fit in it LOL.

Thank goodness!

IF I can read chinese I would totally sign up. The translate option doesn't work well. I can never understand. SO glad to have you awesome peeps to provide translation and goodies from weibo. Thanks again! Ya'll the best :kiss_wink:

Thank you @kur4p1k4, too, for your analysis i love reading it so much. I am really amazed and impressed that you made the effort to provide visual pictures to support your analysis!!! 

@kur4p1k4

You guys rock!! 

Good fanfic 

Good analysis 

Good mv

Good gifs

And happy to have good HSDS sisterhood with everyone!! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, achng said:

Not sure if posted already, but someone made a slow motion GIF of the kiss:wub:

005zHjefgy1g2hjnrouehg30710cihdy.gif

Eeee!!  Woww... this is amazing!  Now if ONLY she would open her mouth just a little more.... gah Yukee needs practice making a kiss looking convincing! ;)  (Although I'm liking how she uses her eyes- looking at him and then closing her eyes! :) )

[BTW, some c-fans complained about how old-fashioned/stingy this drama is... even the Adam Cheng Version of the drama there's a ZWJ/ZM kiss, although it's short- and now, 40 years later, all we get is the same one kiss just longer!]

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

If you actually watch carefully in ZWJ/ZRR scenes, every couple scene of theirs is tainted with the constant bringing up of Zhao Min into the conversation. In every version of the show, actually. So I actually dont mind their scenes as much in this version because compared to other versions, this one is pretty tame. In 2003 version, after the tavern, ZWJ actually talked about having kids with ZRR, so count ur blessings with this version lol. Also, in every version in the past, the reason ZWJ married ZRR right away was because she tried to commit suicide after seeing him with ZM. However, in this version, the reason he decided to marry her right away was b/c grandfather forced him. Practically pushed him into the room to apologize lol. And this is the only version that didnt run after her right away after she sees him with ZM. So I'm pretty satisfied. I guess we're all just being nickpicky with the details since we've been so spoiled with swoonworthy scenes between ZM/ZWJ. But again, coming to ZWJ's defense, he did "break up" with ZM. So anything after that is him trying to live up to the marriage contract. He was happy introducing ZZR to his elders. I believe he was truly happy. Why? Here's a girl who EVERYONE approves of, destined to become leader of a respectful sect, which is what they all want to associate themselves with at this point. It's less burden on ZWJ as well. He doesnt have to go against the grain of constantly fighting his family to approve his girlfriend, not like what he had to do for ZM, which I think takes a bigger toll. I dont think he loved her, but I think she would have at least made him happy. She's great with his cousin, cooks, and waits for him. So in that regards, I can see how that could make him smile when introducing her to his family. But again, that's not love, that's taking the easy way out. 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

Eeee!!  Woww... this is amazing!  Now if ONLY she would open her mouth just a little more.... gah Yukee needs practice making a kiss looking convincing! ;)  (Although I'm liking how she uses her eyes- looking at him and then closing her eyes! :) )

[BTW, some c-fans complained about how old-fashioned/stingy this drama is... even the Adam Cheng Version of the drama there's a ZWJ/ZM kiss, although it's short- and now, 40 years later, all we get is the same one kiss just longer!]

The cfans actually found that the moment Joseph bow his head to kiss her, he opened his mouth!! 

I try to see and indeed it seem like so

• Like 3

@deminni Lol I have to bring pics since I know lotsa you people didn't watch it when ZR-WJ eps. It is one of the boring episodes until Zhu Er comes out as a surprise and then ZM. ZM really carries the back episodes for me, if there's no her it's so draggy<_<.

Besides I can sneak in YX pics in my analysis I'm always happy with that :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@deminni Lol I have to bring pics since I know lotsa you people didn't watch it when ZR-WJ eps. It is one of the boring episodes until Zhu Er comes out as a surprise and then ZM. ZM really carries the back episodes for me, if there's no her it's so draggy<_<.

Besides I can sneak in YX pics in my analysis I'm always happy with that :kiss_wink:

Thank you for the sincere analysis 

I really love it and appreciate it. 

I am amazed that all of us has become :

Fanfic author 

Fanart artist

Gifs maker 

Mv creator 

Artistes CSI experts 

Translator

Psychology expert 

Strategist 

Body language reader 

Kissing experts

The wonders of HSDS 2019

• LOL 6

15 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

HAHA completely agree with c-fans. I don't need nothing too steamy, just more kissing. Why couldn't they kiss when WJ barged into the inn when he found out she was still alive? SO. STINGY.

4 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Thank you for the sincere analysis 

I really love it and appreciate it. 

I am amazed that all of us has become :

Fanfic author 

Fanart artist

Gifs maker 

Mv creator 

Artistes CSI experts 

Translator

Psychology expert 

Strategist 

Body language reader 

The wonders of HSDS 2019

LMAO! I almost spit my water out. SO FUNNY AND SO TRUE WITH THIS FORUM :D I never thought in a million years I would ever write or make fanarts again lmaoooooo

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

14 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

AHAHA. Yes..I was like open your mouth just a tad. In AOL she does the kissing scene fine. Lots of movement on her part, so idk why this is opposite? Maybe the director told her to be more reserve....idk. And yes, super stingy. Can't we have another make out session :kiss_closed:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

Forgot to add, in 2009 version, ZWJ kisses ZRR on the cheek AS ZM WATCHES from afar, count ur blessings with this version lol. 

Thanks hahaha I will now learn to count my blessings and show gratitude to 2019 producer 

@deminni

I wonder if you will add a scene that WJ tear down the Mongol tent since he like to barge into doors with full energy so much 

*just kidding *

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

Forgot to add, in 2009 version, ZWJ kisses ZRR on the cheek AS ZM WATCHES from afar, count ur blessings with this version lol. 

Definitely counting the blessings now. Its been awhile since I've seen the 2003 and 2009 version...but babies discussion and kissing on cheek with ZZR :astonished:  Phew....dodged two. Thank you HSDS 19!

• LOL 3

12 minutes ago, deminni said:

HAHA completely agree with c-fans. I don't need nothing too steamy, just more kissing. Why couldn't they kiss when WJ barged into the inn when he found out she was still alive? SO. STINGY.

LMAO! I almost spit my water out. SO FUNNY AND SO TRUE WITH THIS FORUM :D I never thought in a million years I would ever write or make fanarts again lmaoooooo

Lol lol lol

I edited and added one more

KISSING EXPERTS

Very soon within 3 days, we are reaching 120 pages mark from 100

• Like 2