[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

5 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Indeed, zzr like to backstab so much, yet he said she didn't, angry!!!! 

Now i watch epi 40

He announced his marriage with zzr to wudang elders. How come I feel like the happiness level looks the same as when ming sect push him to go through wedding with ZM at last episode 

Lol. Make myself upset again. Actually purposely watch those hateful episodes are just to try to see if i can catch some moments of WJ missing ZM but end up getting myself angry lol

I did the same thing. Re watched some of those scenes but I ended up getting mad at wj. Like don’t look too happy! I’m going to pretend those scenes didn’t happen :(

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

12 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Indeed, zzr like to backstab so much, yet he said she didn't, angry!!!! 

Now i watch epi 40

He announced his marriage with zzr to wudang elders. How come I feel like the happiness level looks the same as when ming sect push him to go through wedding with ZM at last episode 

Lol. Make myself upset again. Actually purposely watch those hateful episodes are just to try to see if i can catch some moments of WJ missing ZM but end up getting myself angry lol

Lol...I can't make myself to re watch those 2 episodes, don't want to vomiting blood.  One time view is good enough for me even though I love Joseph.  My guess he pretended to be happy in front of those wudang elders plus he and MM already break up.  Just accept his faith and try to treat ZZR nice.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Hahahaha then i shall pretend that he is pretending too lol

Gotta stop those two episodes from now on

Hehehe... I always stopped after they break up at episode 39 then resumed when MM showed up at Ming Cult. on episode 41.  Definitely avoiding the between episodes. For some reasons I love re watching episode 42 too, when MM scolding everybody including WJ.:D

• Like 4

Well, WJ seems to me as someone who tends to keep sticking to what he knows (or thinks he know) when it comes to love matter or personal matter. He tend to take the safe route type of person and less bold compared to ZM. He prefer to stick to familiarity or comfort safe zone when it comes to love before he finally decided to be brave when it comes to love and fight for his relationship with ZM openly.

I believed he himself was super confused with what's lying ahead of him: "evidences or crime scenes" planted by ZR all pointed to ZM as the culprit behind the "death" of YL. He had no other evidence to support otherwise.  He himself might not want to believe it,  but what he "had" in front of him told him otherwise. Being a naive person, he had no other choice or, I even think he might not even have the courage to believe his gut feeling that ZM is innocent. So he sticks with what he "knew". 

This is why I am super glad this version make him a better, more decisive character. I don't think i would like the WJ in the novel. Perhaps I am older now,  but men (and women) who flip flopped and cannot decide to whom their heart, trust, and loyalty belong to, they who cannot give a peace of mind to their partners regarding their attitudes and commitment toward their relationship irk me, just like women (and men) who always victimized themselves, who threatened to hurt themselves to keep the person they loved for themselves made me rolled my eyes so hard. So glad this Wuji (eventually) showed more backbone when it comes to his love.

My takes on his cheerful attitudes at Wudang. When they went to Wudang,  he was finally meeting his grand shifu and uncles,  with the "perfect" fiancee that will satisfy his extended families,  even though deep inside he was really hesitant. He puts filial piety at a great importance, especially when it comes to his loved ones. I would say it's more understandable that he can be cheery when he reunited with his Wudang family.  To see his family safe and happy would make filial son like WJ happy.. 

Although, he was not smiling so widely that his perfect teeth are showing proudly when the D-Day of his almost  wedding to ZR, which he didn't really want was upon him. He cannot put aside the reality by focusing on other happy things (e.g reunion with wudang family after so long).  I guess reality came crashing down that day that he would have to really let go of ZM. In contrast when he was standing with ZM in front of the "shuang shi" symbol,  where he was grinning like a mad man lol. These differences when standing in front of his bride-to-be are the most important hahaha :love:

Thanks Lauren for translating and the GIFs. On the scene where they were holding hands, where they were at/close to Shaolin, right before they saw ZR and SQS, their chemistry really shines there for me. It's an example when I said that chemistry is more than just reciting sweet romantic lines.. On the GIF of this scene,  WJ was smiling so widely as they enter the courtyard. Then their eyes met and both of them bow their heads a bit and both have that shy smiles. They really acted out the roles of two young people in love and just go public type of things naturally. These kind of bits that make me really enjoy MM and WJ chemistry in this version :wub:

To cheer everyone up (hopefully):

On a happier note,  I found short comic strip on weibo.  Seems cute based on google translate. Credit to owner. This shouod be the same author/weibo account that Jackie shared. This piece is my favorite.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4361871819122564

I also found some post with screenshots of weibo convo between HSDS casts,  especially MM and WJ. Credit to respective owners please 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4363075874212828

Also,  cute answer from Joseph to answer about his collections (?). He mentioned that in the drama, his favorite thing is ZM gold box while in real life ate shoes (?? Sorry if this is wrong translation). Smart answer there :D(disclaimer: i am not sure if the screenshot is from convo with WJ.  Seems like it?  Not familiar wirh weibo. Credit belongs to the owner please. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4365869088490515

Disclaimer: no ill intention whatsoever besides sharing my deeeeep interest with MM-WJ please. Also,  All links shared are credited to their respective owners

Peace all :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

Hold hands series, so romantic 

Love the one he offer his hands to ZM when meeting RYW, seems like acknowledgement of ZM as his wife in front of RYW

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4365733737498014

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4365442934386082

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4365418208877169

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4365079602240216

And this is so funny, with mickey mouse voice

https://m.weibo.cn/1869674990/4365710488251883

Those hold hand so romantics. Thanks for posting.

now we need those hugging  ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

Hahahaha then i shall pretend that he is pretending too lol

Gotta stop those two episodes from now on

I try to avoid that 2eps 39-40 as I don’t want to see lovey dovey between WJ- ZZR. Still didn’t see it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Yeah, even until now, I haven't seen those eps with WJ and ZZR. I can't stand her, and personally, I think they made her even more contemptible in this version because she is so brazen when lying to everyone, shoving all the blame on someone else without an ounce of guilt, and that whole fake suicide thing. Don't even get me started. She's just throwing a tantrum even though she knows his heart isn't with her. It was so awesome watching WJ not object to calling off the wedding lol.

And then when Wu Ji confronted her, she blamed it on everyone else and the circumstances rather than take responsibility. I honestly don't remember hating ZZR this much in any version (maybe the 2009 version, but only because that actress--terrible miscast--and the script/directing was RUBBISH lol) I know in most versions, I dislike ZZR, too, but maybe because I love Yukee's ZM so much that I can't even stomach watching it a first time, let alone you guys re-watching it. I commend y'all! haha

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

Hold hands series, so romantic 

Love the one he offer his hands to ZM when meeting RYW, seems like acknowledgement of ZM as his wife in front of RYW

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4365733737498014

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4365442934386082

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4365418208877169

https://m.weibo.cn/6094701322/4365079602240216

And this is so funny, with mickey mouse voice

https://m.weibo.cn/1869674990/4365710488251883

I feel like on eps 45 when he brought MinMin back to meet the Ming’s sect is like introduce his wife to them! Hahaha

55 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Well, WJ seems to me as someone who tends to keep sticking to what he knows (or thinks he know) when it comes to love matter or personal matter. He tend to take the safe route type of person and less bold compared to ZM. He prefer to stick to familiarity or comfort safe zone when it comes to love before he finally decided to be brave when it comes to love and fight for his relationship with ZM openly.

I believed he himself was super confused with what's lying ahead of him: "evidences or crime scenes" planted by ZR all pointed to ZM as the culprit behind the "death" of YL. He had no other evidence to support otherwise.  He himself might not want to believe it,  but what he "had" in front of him told him otherwise. Being a naive person, he had no other choice or, I even think he might not even have the courage to believe his gut feeling that ZM is innocent. So he sticks with what he "knew". 

This is why I am super glad this version make him a better, more decisive character. I don't think i would like the WJ in the novel. Perhaps I am older now,  but men (and women) who flip flopped and cannot decide to whom their heart, trust, and loyalty belong to, they who cannot give a peace of mind to their partners regarding their attitudes and commitment toward their relationship irk me, just like women (and men) who always victimized themselves, who threatened to hurt themselves to keep the person they loved for themselves made me rolled my eyes so hard. So glad this Wuji (eventually) showed more backbone when it comes to his love.

My takes on his cheerful attitudes at Wudang. When they went to Wudang,  he was finally meeting his grand shifu and uncles,  with the "perfect" fiancee that will satisfy his extended families,  even though deep inside he was really hesitant. He puts filial piety at a great importance, especially when it comes to his loved ones. I would say it's more understandable that he can be cheery when he reunited with his Wudang family.  To see his family safe and happy would make filial son like WJ happy.. 

Although, he was not smiling so widely that his perfect teeth are showing proudly when the D-Day of his almost  wedding to ZR, which he didn't really want was upon him. He cannot put aside the reality by focusing on other happy things (e.g reunion with wudang family after so long).  I guess reality came crashing down that day that he would have to really let go of ZM. In contrast when he was standing with ZM in front of the "shuang shi" symbol,  where he was grinning like a mad man lol. These differences when standing in front of his bride-to-be are the most important hahaha :love:

Thanks Lauren for translating and the GIFs. On the scene where they were holding hands, where they were at/close to Shaolin, right before they saw ZR and SQS, their chemistry really shines there for me. It's an example when I said that chemistry is more than just reciting sweet romantic lines.. On the GIF of this scene,  WJ was smiling so widely as they enter the courtyard. Then their eyes met and both of them bow their heads a bit and both have that shy smiles. They really acted out the roles of two young people in love and just go public type of things naturally. These kind of bits that make me really enjoy MM and WJ chemistry in this version :wub:

On a happier note,  I found short comic strip on weibo.  Seems cute based on google translate. Credit to owner. This shouod be the same author/weibo account that Jackie shared. This piece is my favorite.

I also found some post with screenshots of weibo convo between HSDS casts,  especially MM and WJ. Credit to respective owners please 

Also,  cute answer from Joseph to answer about his collections (?). He mentioned that in the drama, his favorite thing is ZM gold box while in real life ate shoes (?? Sorry if this is wrong translation). Smart answer there :D(disclaimer: i am not sure if the screenshot is from convo with WJ.  Seems like it?  Not familiar wirh weibo. Credit belongs to the owner please. 

Disclaimer: no ill intention whatsoever besides sharing my deeeeep interest with MM-WJ please. Also,  All links shared are credited to their respective owners

Loves reading your analyzed.  One more thing I like to add is when they were visiting Wudang, WJ didn't plan to marry ZZR anytime soon, right?  She's only his fiance, so he can still smile and laugh all he want, no pressure yet.:lol:  Remember he told XX and ZR at Snake Island that he wanted to wait 3 years before marrying her due to YL (1st wife) death.    Even thought YL ending up still alive they didn't have to rush the wedding neither.  WJ always find excuses like country/peoples/goals etc. more priorities than man and woman feelings until pathetic ZZR faked the suicide then grandfather pressured him to marry her right away to avoid gossip.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sophiesyc said:

Now that you bring it up, I hate that WJ pretty much kiss every girl in the novel :thumbsdown: I like that in this version they made it much more reasonable of why MM willing to cut ties with her country yet still caring about the people and her family. I really dislike the novel that has her running away and giving up everything just for a guy without caring much about her own family. 

I’m soooo glad that he only kiss MinMin here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Hahaha... the Weibo interactions are so cool!  :) Love it that the actors/actresses do some fan-service responses. 

My favorite is the fan who asked, the day before it came on TV whether ZM and ZWJ will have a kiss scene and Joseph's teasing "Guess" ;) So awesome for building up fan madness!

Oh and BTW what Joseph said about collecting is that in the drama WJ 'keeps' (same word as collects) gold boxes, but in real life  joseph has a bunch of shoe boxes lying around the house.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

I just sign up weibo successfully 

Still trying to figure out how to use

How should i make use of weibo to make our request known? 

-release the cut scenes 

- yukee and Joseph to work together in new drama

Can you sign up weibo if you live in the US. I want to register too, but don't know how.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Is there a link to weibo for register. 

I downloaded weibo Apps

Then i sign up using my phone number

U fill in phone country code and your local mobile phone 

Verification code will be sent to sms 

And u will be prompted along the way

5 hours ago, chipz03 said:

I really really love to read your analysis.

I wish i could save and record all your analysis and everyone else analysis for comfort reading in future 

Joseph wrote in weibo. In drama, he like to keep ZM gold box with him but in reality, he only got plenty of shoe boxes lying around his house.