[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

46 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

So technically did they really need Xiaozhao or is it because she’s the daughter of the main one that she’s automatically chosen? 

In the novel, the persian went looking for JHPP because their previous persian leader died and they needed to elect a new leader. The new leader is selected among the holy maidens based on their merit. My guess is because XZ managed to get the secret manual it was rendered as a great merit.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, achng said:

Wow, an observant fan discovered that ZM actually embroidered the birds, desert & river on the handkerchief which corresponds to the location where WJ found her in Mongolia.

7e0094edly1g29km3wggkj222o0yix6s.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km2kxz8j222o0yikjr.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km4nkncj222o0yiqv6.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km6e42mj222o0yikjo.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km5g5t4j222o0yikjm.jpg

Wow thank you for sharing 

So is this a hint Min min give as in "address in the form of picture"? 

Ok i am dreaming, not as if it is the only place in Mongolia with birds, desert and river. 

But i think the picture on handkerchief represent carefree and freedom. And the wordings 清明 is "clear mind and conscience" 

Having a clear mind and good conscience Earns you freedom and a carefree life. 

5 hours ago, jackieusa said:

Man, after watching this MV I just realized MM went thru so many murders attempted from wudong's uncles, grandfather, uncle, ex fiancee, ex fiancee admire, Ming Cult's brothers, to WBB just for falling for ZMJ.  Imagine WJ wasn't the top martial artist in wulin, she probably die so many times already.  MM is it worth it to love WJ?:lol: Wait, didn't WJ himself threatened to killed her multiple times too.  yikes!

• LOL 5

29 minutes ago, achng said:

Wow, an observant fan discovered that ZM actually embroidered the birds, desert & river on the handkerchief which corresponds to the location where WJ found her in Mongolia.

7e0094edly1g29km3wggkj222o0yix6s.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km2kxz8j222o0yikjr.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km4nkncj222o0yiqv6.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km6e42mj222o0yikjo.jpg

7e0094edly1g29km5g5t4j222o0yikjm.jpg

I saw the birds on the handkerchief too when first viewed and I thought MM means war peace because it look like a two doves to me.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I saw the birds on the handkerchief too when first viewed and I thought MM means war peace because it look like a two doves to me.:sweatingbullets:

I think the handkerchief means so much...War peace, freedom, carefree, where to find her, the two doves can mean for them together traveling around the world, and happiness together...as long as he chooses the right path with clear mind. ZM once told WJ about her dream in ep 43 or 44 i think.  Simple things but represent so much meaning behind. Smart ZM! ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackieusa said:

Doves as a symbol of peace is a Christian concept though, I don't think Christian concept is widespread during that time.

As far as I know in Chinese lore doves means pairing for life, isn't it just means she'll always wait for him however long it takes?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jackieusa said:

Man, after watching this MV I just realized MM went thru so many murders attempted from wudong's uncles, grandfather, uncle, ex fiancee, ex fiancee admire, Ming Cult's brothers, to WBB just for falling for ZMJ.  Imagine WJ wasn't the top martial artist in wulin, she probably die so many times already.  MM is it worth it to love WJ?:lol: Wait, didn't WJ himself threatened to killed her multiple times too.  yikes!

Yes, he did said that he will kill her. But never do it you know. Saying one thing but once he see MinMin, I don't think he can.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Yes, he did said that he will kill her. But never do it you know. Saying one thing but once he see MinMin, I don't think he can.

yes, he kept saying how he won't care about MinMin's life and death anymore, but only a few minutes later, he still cures her...He carried her up right after he said that he wouldn't care anymore. hahahah...He kept saying that but he was meant the opposite. Just say to help him stop caring...ahahhaahha :D

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Doves as a symbol of peace is a Christian concept though, I don't think Christian concept is widespread during that time.

As far as I know in Chinese lore doves means pairing for life, isn't it just means she'll always wait for him however long it takes?

it's possible. I'm not Chinese, so not truly sure...Yet, I heard doves represent for lovers too... :D

15 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

yes, he kept saying how he won't care about MinMin's life and death anymore, but only a few minutes later, he still cures her...He carried her up right after he said that he wouldn't care anymore. hahahah...He kept saying that but he was meant the opposite. Just say to help him stop caring...ahahhaahha :D

it's possible. I'm not Chinese, so not truly sure...Yet, I heard doves represent for lovers too... :D

That why I love this WJ in this version. hahaha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yui. said:

I'm so confused and I must've have missed something. Can someone explain who is the Wu maiden and the father at snake Island? Where did she appear and why is she significant in the story except dying for ZWJ. Also the yellow maiden who's YG and XLN's descent. Why does she show up? She gave me a XLN vibe when she appeared, but I couldn't get why was she important in showing up.

The Wu girl and her father on snake island were those people who tricked ZWJ into revealing the location of XX near the beginning of the story right after he left Buhui with YX.  They're descendants of the Wu brothers.  The Yellow Dress Maiden only appears to help the beggar clan because she has a special relationship with them.  YG's aunt was the chief of the beggar clan and I presume before YG died, he made his descendants promise to help the beggar clan whenever they're in trouble.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 1:36 AM, LaurenPanna said:

I usually watch Jinyong series ONLY for the fighting sparring scenes. Usually will try to skip through the romance part. So actually this 2019 Hsds and 1983 LOCH were probably the only two series that i would never skip the romance part. The 2 couples chemistry are too good 

I am now waiting for DGSG 2019 and ROCH 2019

Sad, to me, that majority of current Chinese shows are NOT very good with fighting scenes/Wuxia/KungFu, even with the JinYong adaptations they are toned way down!

Not that I mind all these rehashings/remakes but please give them GOOD action!!!

• Like 4

I'm re-watching when Mijue dying part, wondering what is the deal with ZR bad attitude for WJ.  First she yelled at him for trying to help (like don't touch her sifu) then totally ignored him when he offers his condolences.  Just wanted to vent my feelings out, can't stand her ungraceful behavior.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Don Yu said:
On 4/20/2019 at 1:36 AM, LaurenPanna said:

Sad, to me, that majority of current Chinese shows are NOT very good with fighting scenes/Wuxia/KungFu, even with the JinYong adaptations they are toned way down!

Not that I mind all these rehashings/remakes but please give them GOOD action!!!

I don't think that's quite possible with chinese tv series scheduling, I think they usually filmed and edit everything in under a year. Also I don't know why they're so reluctant to use stuntman/stuntwoman. I mean the TVB version and most of wuxia movies in the 80's-90's-early00's I watched a lot of the good fighting part used stunts (with bad wig but it's still fun to watch) if the actor is not Jet Li or Jackie Chan.

@Don YuIf you really want good action wouldn't it better to watch movie? If you keep hoping for chinese tv series to get good action anytime soon I think you'll just be disappointed again and again:sweatingbullets: I always lower my expectation for chinese tv series action, as long as the action is not too matrix-ey and no weird CGI beam I think I can still watch it^_^