[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

53 minutes ago, penforella said:

Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to ask something but I forgot, on ep 34 at the cave the gang met this lady wu, who is she? WJ seemed to knew her.

She is the daughter of the old man who disguised as XX when WJ was at the red plum villa.  Remember those 2 families (Zhu and Wu) tried to tricked WJ for XX where about.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Remember 4 uncles from Wudang said that in eps 39 Wulin was talking about their scandal.

Human beings love to gossip alot hahaha Ming Sect Patriotic Leader romance with Mongol Warrior Princess, always feel like very romantic when i think of it

I realise WJ love to barge into rooms alot of time , wonder if anyone made a video compilation of WJ room crashing scenes 

• LOL 2

43 minutes ago, vicious219 said:

Yep, I noticed it the first time.  That's their first "kiss".

I noticed it too the first time I watched.  WJ doesn't mind the kiss:lol: I think all the older versions have this part too.  But I like this version the most because the lip stick mark is very light.  IIRC the 2009 version used a bigger cup and the mark was so intense it's look kind of gross.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Human beings love to gossip alot hahaha Ming Sect Patriotic Leader romance with Mongol Warrior Princess, always feel like very romantic when i think of it

I realise WJ love to barge into rooms alot of time , wonder if anyone made a video compilation of WJ room crashing scenes 

I think he only barge into ZM's room :lol:

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, penforella said:

Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to ask something but I forgot, on ep 34 at the cave the gang met this lady wu, who is she? WJ seemed to knew her.

She is Wu Qingying, daughter of Wu Lie. She was love's rival of Zhu Jiuzhen - the girl with the dogs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesky888 said:

1st kiss from the glass

2nd kiss on the snake island

3rd kiss when they BBq

4th kiss is  the deeeep kiss & reall kiss is when WJ have to leave MinMin behind to go to Shaolin.

Don't forget to include the "shoulder kiss" in ep. 43 ㅋㅋㅋ..

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

A common comment I've been seeing among Chinese fans is that they like the fact that this version is missing a very important scene from the book. The scene where ZZR asks ZWJ who he loves the most out of the four girls. Every other version seems to have that scene except this one. I have to say, I totally agree that scene is not necessary. Which is why I believe the writer/director decided not to shoot it. It's very clear cut of who ZWJ loved in this version, making ZZR ask that question would only insult the character's intelligence. This version never needed it. It seems the entire Wuxia world in this show likes to gossip about the ZWJ and ZM scandal. Rumors that are true, by the way, so I guess they're not really rumors lol. Also upon rewatching, I've noticed that every time ZM gets jealous of another girl, ZWJ never fails to explain to her that's not the case. However when anyone else asks ZWJ about ZM's importance to him, he just stays silent, confirming their suspicions.

Agree that this version didn't need that particular scene between ZR and WJ at all.  If it was included for any fitting reason, the part that I would have swooned over would be the line where WJ says that the love he has for ZM is to the core of his bones and forever in his heart.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Aside from poorer action, this is a very well-done version.

YOU Guys who are into Romance more probably think it's much better.

Now sadly that it's over. What else should I watch?

Another series out with actually some good Wuxia?

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@AppleBananaYX totally has the best expression and intuition about our OTP. I'm happy the director did not include him in RYW plot. But I do want more of him in the last episode also:bawling:

More OTP, more YX!!:lol:

Yessss, I love Yang Xiao here....His expression and little talk are always  remarkable. So charismatic. 

1 hour ago, bluesky888 said:

Now that I’m watching eps 43 & 44, listen to MinMin soft voice and sweet talk when she got injured. No wonder WJ melt instantly and sweet talk back to MinMin.

Excited to see WJ were so worried about ZM, and MinMin kept apologizing to WJ in too sweet gesture...

46 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I noticed it too the first time I watched.  WJ doesn't mind the kiss:lol: I think all the older versions have this part too.  But I like this version the most because the lip stick mark is very light.  IIRC the 2009 version used a bigger cup and the mark was so intense it's look kind of gross.

Lololol. I agree. The 2003 version also used a bigger cup and the mark was also too intense. 

13 minutes ago, Sipit90 said:

Yessss, I love Yang Xiao here....His expression and little talk are always  remarkable. So charismatic. 

I love the scene when YX ask all the sect members to stop their nonsense and please respect JiaoZhu

13 minutes ago, Don Yu said:

Aside from poorer action, this is a very well-done version.

YOU Guys who are into Romance more probably think it's much better.

Now sadly that it's over. What else should I watch?

Another series out with actually some good Wuxia?

I usually watch Jinyong series ONLY for the fighting sparring scenes. Usually will try to skip through the romance part. So actually this 2019 Hsds and 1983 LOCH were probably the only two series that i would never skip the romance part. The 2 couples chemistry are too good 

I am now waiting for DGSG 2019 and ROCH 2019

2 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Did any of you realise there's a lip mark on WJ's glass? It actually took my 3rd-4th viewing to realise:sweatingbullets:

solc8ms.gif

And then he never turn it again and just drink it on the where ZM drank it.

J3RxeS4.gif

PS: If it's too slow to load, please tell me I'll put it under spoiler so it won't hinder the loading time

This scene was really nice in the novel too. You can't tell here but the "voiceover" in WJ's head was saying how the lipstick mark was a light shade of pink, with a hint of fragrance, and he was moved (meaning he was moved by her femininity/presence). It was quite romantic!

(I'm too lazy to find the whole quote here :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 1:40 AM, taeunfighting said:

The assassination and the last episode was disappointing to me.  I would be less critical and wouldn’t care if it wasn’t a remake of a classic.  If they were going to change the entire ending, at least do it right.  From a romance perspective, if they wanted to disprove that identity didn’t matter, they didn’t do a good job here.  The assassination definitely showed that the politics was able to drive a wedge in their relationship.  WJ could have salvaged it if he truly kept his word that he was sure he could give up everything to be with ZM right after the Ming sect went behind his back.  Obviously, his followers would have been fine leading the revolution themselves if they were able to plot against the Mongolians.  His hesitation to leave time after time his followers went behind his back didn’t leave a good impression on me to be truly satisfied with the ending.  At least in past adaptations, WJ faced the dilemma of choosing between ZM or Ming toward the end so the way they went about WJ choosing ZM over Ming was not wishy washy.  It didn’t get dragged out like it did in this one.  So although this version may have portrayed more romance between WJ and ZM, the way it led WJ to reunite with ZM in Mongolia in the end was rather flat to me.  I know each viewer sees things differently so if most got happy feels about this version, then that’s great.  I just really wish I could...I just can’t get there.

Probably because this remake portrayed more WJ-ZM romance, it's hands-down the best HSDS by many fans. I had watched 2 versions and had read the novel 3 times before watching this one, I also think it is. Along with its ZM-WJ are the best ZM-WJ, too. Yet after the finale I still feel the same as you, disappointed.

I agree, the perfect time for WJ to leave Ming sect was right after the assassination. I don't think that would make him unpatriotic, he could work for his country in many other ways. He was a brilliant doctor and a talented fighter after all. He and ZM didn't care who would rule the country, they just cared about people well being, Hans as well as Mongols, as we saw him meeting ZM's father to cease fighting. Sadly his followers didn't want it, they want to chase Mongols out of the country no matter how squalid the method was. Some may say it's a strategy normally used in wars, but I can't take it that way. WJ came from another planet, I mean, he was pure, he was loyal, he wouldn't conduct anything dishonorable.

His followers going behind his back alone was reasonable enough to leave.

They brought him ingloriousness. But no punishment because WJ was afraid the army would run riot, so he couldn't. They were so out of order that I surprised they were winning the war with such army.

IDK, I believe ZM could not go back to be the same person, no one could, after had been through such crisis. It was too much and she was just a young lady. She would change, and it would be difficult for her to be with WJ. I mean, every time you see your lover remind you of how your love for him make your father die, how can you manage to be happy with him? I didn't say she blame WJ, because she didn't. But she blamed herself, which was worse.

I'm sorry I had to wait until I finished the subbed version of the finale which just released last night, I'm 10 pages late.:lol:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

Well princess can also learn how to cook rice soup for WJ that melt his heart by looking at his eyes.

Yes, he was like 'i was wrong, i thought she couldn't handle my harsh life but here she is a simple yet very beautiful girl in plain dress. I thought she should go back to mongol with her luxurious life. I thought ZZR was the one but she kept aiming higher and forced me to do the same. Man, i was wrong'....thank god i escaped the wedding

• LOL 1

31 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

This scene was really nice in the novel too. You can't tell here but the "voiceover" in WJ's head was saying how the lipstick mark was a light shade of pink, with a hint of fragrance, and he was moved (meaning he was moved by her femininity/presence). It was quite romantic!

(I'm too lazy to find the whole quote here :sweatingbullets:)

OMG,... We are right guys... It's love at first sight. I love your sharing about the novel bits... By the way, ZM only act feminine when ZWJ around, remember she said that on the boat on the trip to snake island. With others, she just gangster boss, like ZWJ said 10 men even can not compare to her.

• LOL 1

58 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I love the scene when YX ask all the sect members to stop their nonsense and please respect JiaoZhu.

Man, you gotta give it up to YX. If it wasn't because of ZWJ delivering YBH to him. YX would spend the rest of his life wondering if he had one sided love to JXF. 

I mean he is the hottest man in jianghu, JXF left him after one night stand even after all the begging and persuasion. YBH existence answer it all. Man, JXF is such a character no wonder YX can't forget her.

JXF is one character that ZZR can never be in her lifetime.

Guys, just some trivial thoughts at that time who's prettier JXF or YSS???  And who's more handsome YX or ZCS??

Parents timeline are obviously important in HSDS unlike other wuxias.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, takeu2themoon said:

Probably because this remake portrayed more WJ-ZM romance, it's hands-down the best HSDS by many fans. I had watched 2 versions and had read the novel 3 times before watching this one, I also think it is. Along with its ZM-WJ are the best ZM-WJ, too. Yet after the finale I still feel the same as you, disappointed.

I agree, the perfect time for WJ to leave Ming sect was right after the assassination. I don't think that would make him unpatriotic, he could work for his country in many other ways. He was a brilliant doctor and a talented fighter after all. He and ZM didn't care who would rule the country, they just cared about people well being, Hans as well as Mongols, as we saw him meeting ZM's father to cease fighting. Sadly his followers didn't want it, they want to chase Mongols out of the country no matter how squalid the method was. Some may say it's a strategy normally used in wars, but I can't take it that way. WJ came from another planet, I mean, he was pure, he was loyal, he wouldn't conduct anything dishonorable.

His followers going behind his back alone is reasonable enough to leave.

They brought him ingloriousness. But no punishment because WJ was afraid the army would run riot, so he couldn't. They were so out of order that I surprised they were winning the war with such army.

You know what? WBB escaped the assasination and ready to fight back. ZWJ can't leave with ZM just like that. It will make Ming Sect looked bad going against their leader back, jeopardized the hard work of unifying everyone at the first place. I know you are annoyed, i did too but ZWJ just can't leave like that. 

ZM already known the consequences of their love, her father killed her twice and the assasination plot is not ZWJ idea so she just understand it. Time heals.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, takeu2themoon said:

His followers going behind his back alone is reasonable enough to leave.

IDK, I believe ZM could not go back to be the same person, no one could, after had been through such crisis. It was too much and she was just a young lady. She would change, and it would be difficult for her to be with WJ. I mean, every time you see your lover remind you of how your love for him make your father die, how can you manage to be happy with him? I didn't say she blame WJ, because she didn't. But she blamed herself, which was worse.

I had to wait until I finished the subbed version of the finale which just released last night, I'm 10 pages late.:lol:

I too think that this remake probably captivated fans because of the romance. I have watched three versions and read the novel once a long time ago and once again before watching this version. From a romance perspective, what's interesting is that I have been always satisfied with the WJ/ZM love story in the previous adaptations and the novel so it didn't need to take an edited version of it for me to love it.

I wished this version didn't incorporate the assassination because to me, not only did it put ZM in a difficult position, it served no point other than to prove that the Ming sect was capable of plotting/fighting the Mongolians themselves and that they didn't really need WJ. It actually made it seem like they only needed WJ to use ZM to get to the Mongolians. Knowing that and their under-handed methods, it would have been the perfect exit for WJ to stay true to his character. So yes, if only WJ had left with ZM right after her father's death, I maybe would be fine with the ending. The fact that he didn't made their romance lose its luster for me. And sadly and it hurts me to say it, it made me not like this version of WJ so much.

I agree that ZM does not blame WJ for her father's death, but herself. She said so herself.  But yeah...how ZM was able to cope with her father's death and then reconcile with WJ is another ordeal and beyond me. I still can't understand how she was able to do it even though some time had supposedly passed. This is a another reason why I wish the assassination was not one of changes/deviations.

Better 10 pages late than never LOL.