[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

2 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I am not sure why but I kept thinking eyebrows painting will be before ZM's father died. Because I keep getting the impression that ZM blame him for her father's death and left for Mongolia. WJ look for her endlessly after that

Just a guess 

In eps 49 preview ZM asked WJ to give her back the pin that WJ make for in the forest. So, she must return it to him. I don’t know the reason why she return it to WJ. But she probably very upset to return to him. As it the only gift she received from WJ as she told him.

IMO, the eyebrow painting scene can't be after the ZM's father's death. (I might be wrong, of course) I think the eyebrow painting scene will be more likely appearing JUST BEFORE ZM's father's death.

In the scene, ZWJ and ZM are so intimate, (maybe we can have one more kissing scene there:wub:) and if her father died before that scene, she cannot be lovey dovey like that with ZWJ. 

My guess of what will be happening is like this,

1. eyebrow painting scene...considering the characters on the lamp(stay with the husband?) we might get more than a kiss. ;)

2. ZWJ having peace talk with LYW

3. Yellow troops killing ZM's Father (which is definitely going against ZWJ's will.)

4. ZM pointing a sword at ZWJ's forehead. 

5. ZM leaving for Mongolia

6. ZWJ cutting the throne half and leaving the Ming sect

7. ZWJ going to Mongolia to find ZM  

Hopefully we get 1 more kissing scene of WJ & ZM. I’ll keep re-watch eps 44 if there no more kissing scene. 

I thought about at the end of eps 48 that WJ was looking for ZM and couldn’t find her. I believe she hiding herself and don’t want to be in WJ way. So in eps 49 she came back and they have the talk in the room. I’m afraid this scene is before her father death. WJ probably remember what ZM told him before to look for her in Mongolian.

28 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Hopefully we get 1 more kissing scene of WJ & ZM. I’ll keep re-watch eps 44 if there no more kissing scene. 

I thought about at the end of eps 48 that WJ was looking for ZM and couldn’t find her. I believe she hiding herself and don’t want to be in WJ way. So in eps 49 she came back and they have the talk in the room. I’m afraid this scene is before her father death. WJ probably remember what ZM told him before to look for her in Mongolian.

I have exactly the same thinking as you !

because during the eyebrow painting, ZM seem like very calm.

I am sure after her dad is killed, she should be in rage .

Then that is the time she leave WJ for good.

And after WJ settle his stuffs, he headed to Mongolia to look for her, as he remember what she said in the room

40 minutes ago, ildiz said:

IMO, the eyebrow painting scene can't be after the ZM's father's death. (I might be wrong, of course) I think the eyebrow painting scene will be more likely appearing JUST BEFORE ZM's father's death.

In the scene, ZWJ and ZM are so intimate, (maybe we can have one more kissing scene there:wub:) and if her father died before that scene, she cannot be lovey dovey like that with ZWJ. 

My guess of what will be happening is like this,

1. eyebrow painting scene...considering the characters on the lamp(stay with the husband?) we might get more than a kiss. ;)

2. ZWJ having peace talk with LYW

3. Yellow troops killing ZM's Father (which is definitely going against ZWJ's will.)

4. ZM pointing a sword at ZWJ's forehead. 

5. ZM leaving for Mongolia

6. ZWJ cutting the throne half and leaving the Ming sect

7. ZWJ going to Mongolia to find ZM  

That was my guess as well.

because the settings does not look right.

She look way too calm and being in loving spirits with WJ.

They will still be meeting up after that.

And once her dad is killed, she will point the sword on his forehead and come the "very cool sword throwing towards the signboard" Pose.

She decided to leave him for good. Which is why it looks like WJ took years to search for her in Mongol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I think it’s after because she did return the pin at that point. They also mentioned not letting ZM go again after so it sounded like they had been apart before that. Maybe they reconciled after WJ’s grandfather died?

I feel that the separation/parting that they are referring to ---> could be right after XX talk to ZM.

Then they reunite again.

after which, RYW died and that is the time ZM left for good

My guess

I also thought at first that the death of her father will be after the eyebrow scene.  In the scenes when they met with ZZR and SQS, ZM didn't wear the hairpin WJ made. i thought maybe somehow ZWJ got a hold of the hairpin,  and returned it to her before she went back to Mongolia (like he suggested they do on the preview 49).  However, en route somehow someway, the fight between WJ vs WBB and eventually death of RYW happened. Hence WJ look quite angry in preview ep 50? He felt the members went against his order? 

Maybe the part where he ask ZM not to leave her referred to episode where WJ cannot seem to find her?  I forgot which ep preview it is. But many plausible theories so I am not sure anymore :sweatingbullets:

6 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Many more reasons  for me to love ZM as a character and, especially in this version. (My favorite ZM now, on par with Gigi Lai and Ady An for me)

She knows that what she wanted and what she needs to do are two different things, and all she did with the person she loves in mind. She fights for them openly, without hesitation, and she faces any consequences bravely. It doesn't matter if she got vilified and hated, as long as she can give happiness to those she loved.

THis version make ZM more mature, I feel. For example:

Hide contents

She knew they need to hurry to save XX even though she has this cheeky wish that she can stay injured so ZWJ can treat her well lol. Even though she knew XX dislike her, she still push forward for WJ. Such an enviable resolution and strength for her young age.

I also like in this version, she didn't just abandon her identity, hence she was way more conflicted in this version. Such a fierce protectiveness, despite her weak moments displayed quite often in this version. It make her tears even more touching and believable. Both sides are her priorities, making it hard for her to choose. 

My take on why ZWJ feel uncertain about marrying ZZR and the flashback

Hide contents

I think the flashback truly strengthen what he has already felt himself: he and ZZR are not compatible beyond the superficial aspect (i.e. they coming from the same side of the fight, both are fighting against the Yuan, and the fact that all of his comrades support/force this match). He already has some doubts and hesitation when the match was first proposed even before he heard ZZR's outlook of her future. When he got a glimpse of what she wants and what she seems to expect from him, it's like the last nail in the coffin for him. But he's bound by his promise and duty.:confused: Although, it such a foolish thing to do. There will be the day when he cannot pretend anymore and unhappiness will eventually rear its ugly head. It will eventually hurt both side, in my honest opinion. 

I agree with some posters here, I feel his desire to stay with ZM has intensified when he finally got the chance to truly see her real goodness as they spent more private time in their journey.

I feel he refrained from saying the real reason why he doesn't really want to marry ZZR is because he knew and worried that ZM will likely drop anything to give him that happiness, despite the possibility that it might not be what she wanted. His happy, wide smile was like: it's such a great relief to him when he knew that, even without knowing his reason, the person that he has decided to be with actually shared his desire. It's like, jackpot! ^_^ It seem like his doubts, his resistance truly dissipate at that moment. His desire and aspirations for that peaceful life has been reignited, making him happy.

I think it's also the writer and director ways to show the differences between the two ladies, while limiting the chances for dispute that ZM only said that to appease ZWJ. (a.k.a. minimize shipper squable lol). They have that one important aspect that WJ-ZZR truly lack: real compatibility. They complete each other: he's naive, she's resourceful; he sees the good in people while easily miss ill intention, she can read people better hence can protect him from falling to other's devious plan. 

Both actor and actress truly have good on-screen chemistry. It's not just the dialogues, but for me, on-screen chemistry is better shown by those small touches, eye contacts, body language. So many of these throughout the series: when WJ hold her head close to him (when she was confessing about her nightmares in the preview for tonight episode (e. 45, I think)), his thumb was brushing her hear; his light kiss on her forehead as the camera panned out in front of the hut (I thought I was the only one imagining this lol), his touch on her cheek when he told her to listen to him and take a good care of herself otherwise it will be hard for her to heal (episode 44, I think). It's in that small tidbits that make on-screen chemistry for me, not just reciting sweet lines and acted lovey dovey when camera is rolling on them. Good acting chops there as they immersed in their roles :wub: 

Now I am curious how do they fit the storyline of ZM's father death. Will it after the eyebrow painting scene (hence, WJ looks quite angry in the last episode preview)?

Also, can someone translate the writing on the lamp when ZM and WJ are looking at the mirror in ep 49 preview? They seem to put it on prominent spot so curious what it means. Thank you first and foremost.

Peace all :blush:

Ok, I feel a little better reading what you said about the chasm between him and ZZR only reinforcing his feelings and that he's mostly acting because he thinks now that he can make ZM happy. :)  Because she wants the life that he does too.

I also love that ZM wants to go with him to Shaolin not just for herself, but also for him- he's so naive, Zhaomin wants to make sure she's there to keep an eye out for him.  And she's perfect in that respect- e.g., she knew, within a day of stepping into Ming Sect who ZWJ has to be leery of, who he should trust and not. And she warns him, although she knows he doesn't have reason to trust her about it. (I wouldn't repeat what others have flagged about her trying to pretend to be better or pushing herself to get him closer to his yifu, and her putting her own life on the line for her brother, plus telling him where his yifu is when it turns out she really can't go with him so he can make the attempt himself.)

She speaks truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth even when WJ and the world accuses her of slander and plots.  There's something straightforward and fearless about her that's really hard not to love.

When push comes to shove (ZM faces nearly at least as much pressure from her family, tribe, dynasty as ZZR did with her shifu- ZM was nearly executed for it!) you can see who it is who really comes through. (I like the words "fiercely protective"!)

This is definitely a ZM after my modern heart!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

New trailer for the raining scene we are waiting for. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4359921434149233

I actually have a silly question 

Looking at the trailer 

Why can't she find a shelter to stand? 

Haha and the funny thing is, he just throw the umbrella away instead of sheltering both of them 

This is amazing, thanks for sharing! 

And the umbrella throwing away? That was perfect!  What is this word "reasonable" that you speak of??  Romantic and unreasonable is everything a fangirl could hope for in a reunion scene! ;)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

New trailer for the raining scene we are waiting for. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4359921434149233

I actually have a silly question 

Looking at the trailer 

Why can't she find a shelter to stand? 

Haha and the funny thing is, he just throw the umbrella away instead of sheltering both of them 

I try to answer you though i might be wrong

ZM didn't even bring the umbrella or bother about that or wheather because she's too busy looking at people's faces and afraid missing ZWJ and lose him again. Gah, the girl is so stubborn.

Yes, ZWJ is thankful and touched by ZM words and reasons. He just think no need to bother umbrella or other things as long as he got ZM by his side. Remember, he just got 'dumped' by his godfather. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

This is amazing, thanks for sharing! 

And the umbrella throwing away? That was perfect!  What is this word "reasonable" that you speak of??  Romantic and unreasonable is everything a fangirl could hope for in a reunion scene! ;)

Hahaha i did not feel unreasonable 

In fact i find this scene very sweet

Just that when I watch, I use my logical mind to think, that in real life, if i were her, i would stand in shelter. Hahaha and if I were him, I would not throw the umbrella away but to shelter her back to prevent her from falling sick. 

But of course, if the scriptwiter wrote my way of logical thinking, then it will be boring haha 

• Like 1

One last post before I get on with my day but the team behind HSDS2019 sure can keep secrets (and generate buzz)! Indeed they kept the kiss sooooo tightly under their caps, that we're now exploding with the excitement! :) (Joseph's"Ni Cai?" "Guess?" answer to the questions was the feather on the cap of their buzz campaign. ;) )

Oh yes, and found the BTS for Joseph/Yukee shooting the well-loved couple pictures that we've been using as profile picts: https://gss3.baidu.com/6LZ0ej3k1Qd3ote6lo7D0j9wehsv/tieba-smallvideo-transcode/4702377_0af0f6f02d2b0e4b6d3de6784d395aba_0.mp4

(Link brings you to download the video, if you want to see the Tieba thread for streaming, it's here: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6092962508)

C-fans at least on Tieba aren't as excited about the kiss as we are (there are complaints about the presentation of it... some blame Joseph's inexperience and others think the directors should have made it a different sort of kiss.  My reaction? After depriving us for 43 episodes ANY kiss is better than no kiss! I would have been grateful if ZWJ even pecks her on the cheek!  I'll take it, thank you very much!!)

• Like 3

Whoah... all that pent up passion came into its own in that kiss! Was expecting some kind of lip locking but not that! Clearly, obviously that kiss communicated all that needed to be communicated about how WJ really feels about ZM. It's important that he made that "grand gesture" because well, the truth is she's sacrificed so much to be where she is now. Still I wouldn't go so far as to say that she deserved that moment because I'm not comfortable with the idea of love being "earned" but there's an old saying that fits her. Fortune favours the bold.

It's obvious that ZM has been updated for the 21st century. Not necessarily a bad thing but there are times she does come on a bit strong. I feel that she's come to the end of her tether and is a bit desperate for any kind of reaction from WJ. It's a different approach and I think it's largely in keeping with how this show deals with the complexity of the human condition. Aside from Chen Kun, it doesn't seem anyone is really that despicable. At times I think ZM is a bit too forward for an ajumma like myself but then she knows too well where WJ's heart really lies but can't act freely. So she's come to the conclusion that she's the one who has to take the chances and be maligned for both their sakes. I feel at the end of the day, all the crazy stuff she does isn't entirely selfish. It is her way of protecting him. 

To be honest I don't like how the show transitioned ZR from demure, meek and mild to MieJue Mach II on steroids. I'm not keen on the implication that WJ leaving her at the altar was the final push that sent her right over the edge. It gives her a soft landing that I'm not sure she deserves. The secret of the Yi Tian jian and the Tu Long dao was undoubtedly hers to keep although it begs the question as to how long she was intending to keep that secret from WJ even while entering into marriage with him... knowing full well what all the implications of the deception would be. I can't logically feel sorry for her because the entire betrothal was a sham and she was prepared to lie her way into a marriage where I think she was fully aware was entered into half-heartedly.

I suppose an argument can be made for her being bold and going for what she wants... just like ZM but I think it's clearly established (at least in this adaptation) that she and WJ are not a good match.  Not only is she looking to have two bites off the cherry but she has a whole lot of baggage she is bringing into the marriage that he doesn't know anything about. Alarm bells have been going off in his head already regarding their suitability.

If there's any thing that WJ is rightly accused of, it's the fact that he's very naive about people. But it is a double-edged sword (no pun intended) and one of his key principles. He knew ZR as a child but there are about 10 years in between in which they had nothing to do with each other. People can change with the passage of time through the influence of others. Even if WJ himself is a steadfast rock, not everyone else is. 

One of my favourite moments in these last two episodes has to be when WJ gave a big grin while hearing ZM wax poetic about wandering around the four corners of the world righting wrongs and once they hit elderly stakes, to stay put and build a farm together. When he broke into that happy smile, he knew she was it... because here was someone who spoke the language of his heart.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Wow ZM got eviscerated by the Ming sect people that was painful to watch:(

Quite surprise YX is the one who pretty much tell everybody to knock it off, I guess he knows WJ is serious about ZM.

Is this the first version that ZR admit by herself that she did all the things in snake island just because WJ asked her? I think I've heard it's either YL is still alive, ZR thought she saw a ghost and admit everything. Or XX it's not actually poisoned and he knows everything and he told WJ the truth.

And I'm still quite disappointed that ZR don't tell us how did she get the poison I thought only ZM hold it? When did she stole it? I wanna know as a mystery nerd damn it!

I also like Er Mei always come fashionably late lol damn do evil leader just has better entrance?

And also what is up with wuxia people, you can't recognise a woman in male attire with fake beard:rolleyes:

ZM past actions are going to crash down on her soon that's going to be exciting to see how she's going to handle it.

Lotsa good fight this episode, WJ vs ZR was great love the whip action

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Did anyone find it unfair that WJ didn't remove ZM's clothing like he did for ZZR when he cured ZM with his internal energy? Also by his logic shouldn't he marry ZM already since he did touch her body twice already, on her skin (Snake island when she was stabbed and XZ removed a layer from ZM for WJ to treat her, and yesterday with the shoulder poison)? Justice for MinMin! Equal rights to get clothing removed through convenient plot devices!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

10 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

Did anyone find it unfair that WJ didn't remove ZM's clothing like he did for ZZR when he cured ZM with his internal energy? Also by his logic shouldn't he marry ZM already since he did touch her body twice already, on her skin (Snake island when she was stabbed and XZ removed a layer from ZM for WJ to treat her, and yesterday with the shoulder poison)? Justice for MinMin! Equal rights to get clothing removed through convenient plot devices!

YES! Haha....Sista/Brother, I'll march with you on that one! ;) (Viscous gently reminded me that this isn't HBO.  But a fangirl can hope can't she??)