[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

Finally I had a chance to watch ep 43 and 44! That kiss was just so cute! Good job WJ! You finally let her know how you truly feel. I think he finally realized the big differences between ZM and ZR. That kiss showed all of his feelings are now expressed! I haven't watch all old versions, might be 2009, 2000, but i think so far this version is the best. I like the OST too! :wub: Tomorrow is more excited! :blush:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Totally agree with you. Last night episode is the answer why ZWJ didn't proceed through ZM advances and keep going with ZZR although her real face annoys him. ZWJ thinks although the worst ZZR come out he can still deal with it because anyway they are from the same nation. ZWJ knew that if he follow his heart and give even the slightest move to ZM advances, ZM  will fly to him with no doubt and be the one who suffer the most. Although ZM suffer anyway but at least it is as least as possible.  Now, i'm waiting for the rain scene big possibility will be tonight.

I love your Analysis.

I was pondering about the sentence that WJ said in the cave.

That she is the person who kept her word, which is why he is very afraid.

AHHH Now i understand that part better after reading your analysis.

He is afraid of making her suffer.

Ahhhh how sweet. I kept blaming him for being too harsh to Minmin at the beginning of yesterday's episode right after the wedding. I am really glad that he finally decided to brave through all storms with ZM in this relationship.

Looking forward to the Raining scenes too. I thought that was quite sweet.

To be honest i was quite surprised that the moment i look forward the most (ZM kissed face of Teary eye WJ), would turn out to be the actual kiss.

is it only me who think that Joseph is quite good with the kissing But Yukee seem like not too experience?

And I thought ZZR's performance was pretty good yesterday, in turning evil. I like that Song qing shu has reservations towards her instructions to learn the jiu yin bai gu zao, instead of listening to her blindly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vicious219 said:

I watched an episode of the 94 version a few minutes ago just to refresh my memory on how bad it actually was.  It was actually worse than I remembered it LOL.  Why did WJ shake his head up and down every time he spoke?!  GEEEEEEEEzzzzzzzuss........

You're right though, the only redeeming aspect it had were the OSTs.

The way you put it is so Cute hahahahha it was worst than what you remembered.

I remember that version was quite exaggerating in terms of acting. They seem to have difficulties breathing all the time.

Especially Steve Ma, i always get that he is in some Qiong Yao Movie or what.

I have this thought, even though we know XX won't come back with ZWJ, but what if he does.  Will ZWJ can still be with ZM?  We all know the hostility XX have for ZM was pretty clear. Will ZWJ go against XX, he like his real dad.  No wonder ZM worried she might not see ZWJ again not only because she think she might die but also worry about XX too.

37 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I love your Analysis.

I was pondering about the sentence that WJ said in the cave.

That she is the person who kept her word, which is why he is very afraid.

AHHH Now i understand that part better after reading your analysis.

He is afraid of making her suffer.

Ahhhh how sweet. I kept blaming him for being too harsh to Minmin at the beginning of yesterday's episode right after the wedding. I am really glad that he finally decided to brave through all storms with ZM in this relationship.

Looking forward to the Raining scenes too. I thought that was quite sweet.

To be honest i was quite surprised that the moment i look forward the most (ZM kissed face of Teary eye WJ), would turn out to be the actual kiss.

is it only me who think that Joseph is quite good with the kissing But Yukee seem like not too experience?

And I thought ZZR's performance was pretty good yesterday, in turning evil. I like that Song qing shu has reservations towards her instructions to learn the jiu yin bai gu zao, instead of listening to her blindly.

Indeed, I agree the main reason he keep pushing her away and treated her harshly was because he doesn't want her to suffer and in a difficult spot sandwich between him and her family.  That why he keep telling her they can't be together. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

lol...who is like me? Keep rewatching those sweet moments, especially the kiss scene today between WJ and ZM. I've been waiting for it so long and now it's all worth it to rewatch xD :lol:

guilty. Cant wait for tomorrow!

48 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

Finally I had a chance to watch ep 43 and 44! That kiss was just so cute! Good job WJ! You finally let her know how you truly feel. I think he finally realized the big differences between ZM and ZR. That kiss showed all of his feelings are now expressed! I haven't watch all old versions, might be 2009, 2000, but i think so far this version is the best. I like the OST too! :wub: Tomorrow is more excited! :blush:

Love the kiss, who care if it 's not perfect, can't complain.   The eyebrows drawing scene looks pretty romantic, let hope for another kiss at that scene:love:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

lol...who is like me? Keep rewatching those sweet moments, especially the kiss scene today between WJ and ZM. I've been waiting for it so long and now it's all worth it to rewatch xD :lol:

me me....guilty as charged.   I anticipate the raining and the encounter with ZZR  scenes for tomorrow episodes.

15 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

me me....guilty as charged.   I anticipate the raining and the encounter with ZZR  scenes for tomorrow episodes.

OMG! I want another kiss please! lol I hope in the raining scene, WJ will say how much he misses ZM and that he loves her! Gotta say it at least although actions so far ZM knows now...still those words will tell the truth in his heart. :P 

• Like 1

Many more reasons  for me to love ZM as a character and, especially in this version. (My favorite ZM now, on par with Gigi Lai and Ady An for me)

She knows that what she wanted and what she needs to do are two different things, and all she did with the person she loves in mind. She fights for them openly, without hesitation, and she faces any consequences bravely. It doesn't matter if she got vilified and hated, as long as she can give happiness to those she loved.

THis version make ZM more mature, I feel. For example:

Spoiler

She knew they need to hurry to save XX even though she has this cheeky wish that she can stay injured so ZWJ can treat her well lol. Even though she knew XX dislike her, she still push forward for WJ. Such an enviable resolution and strength for her young age.

I also like in this version, she didn't just abandon her identity, hence she was way more conflicted in this version. Such a fierce protectiveness, despite her weak moments displayed quite often in this version. It make her tears even more touching and believable. Both sides are her priorities, making it hard for her to choose. 

My take on why ZWJ feel uncertain about marrying ZZR and the flashback

Spoiler

I think the flashback truly strengthen what he has already felt himself: he and ZZR are not compatible beyond the superficial aspect (i.e. they coming from the same side of the fight, both are fighting against the Yuan, and the fact that all of his comrades support/force this match). He already has some doubts and hesitation when the match was first proposed even before he heard ZZR's outlook of her future. When he got a glimpse of what she wants and what she seems to expect from him, it's like the last nail in the coffin for him. But he's bound by his promise and duty.:confused: Although, it such a foolish thing to do. There will be the day when he cannot pretend anymore and unhappiness will eventually rear its ugly head. It will eventually hurt both side, in my honest opinion. 

I agree with some posters here, I feel his desire to stay with ZM has intensified when he finally got the chance to truly see her real goodness as they spent more private time in their journey.

I feel he refrained from saying the real reason why he doesn't really want to marry ZZR is because he knew and worried that ZM will likely drop anything to give him that happiness, despite the possibility that it might not be what she wanted. His happy, wide smile was like: it's such a great relief to him when he knew that, even without knowing his reason, the person that he has decided to be with actually shared his desire. It's like, jackpot! ^_^ It seem like his doubts, his resistance truly dissipate at that moment. His desire and aspirations for that peaceful life has been reignited, making him happy.

I think it's also the writer and director ways to show the differences between the two ladies, while limiting the chances for dispute that ZM only said that to appease ZWJ. (a.k.a. minimize shipper squable lol). They have that one important aspect that WJ-ZZR truly lack: real compatibility. They complete each other: he's naive, she's resourceful; he sees the good in people while easily miss ill intention, she can read people better hence can protect him from falling to other's devious plan. 

Both actor and actress truly have good on-screen chemistry. It's not just the dialogues, but for me, on-screen chemistry is better shown by those small touches, eye contacts, body language. So many of these throughout the series: when WJ hold her head close to him (when she was confessing about her nightmares in the preview for tonight episode (e. 45, I think)), his thumb was brushing her hear; his light kiss on her forehead as the camera panned out in front of the hut (I thought I was the only one imagining this lol), his touch on her cheek when he told her to listen to him and take a good care of herself otherwise it will be hard for her to heal (episode 44, I think). It's in that small tidbits that make on-screen chemistry for me, not just reciting sweet lines and acted lovey dovey when camera is rolling on them. Good acting chops there as they immersed in their roles :wub: 

Now I am curious how do they fit the storyline of ZM's father death. Will it after the eyebrow painting scene (hence, WJ looks quite angry in the last episode preview)?

Also, can someone translate the writing on the lamp when ZM and WJ are looking at the mirror in ep 49 preview? They seem to put it on prominent spot so curious what it means. Thank you first and foremost.

Peace all :blush:

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

Me !!! I keep watching over and over and over again.

Like it is not enough hahahaha

usually I love fighting scenes rather than Romance, in a Wuxia Drama. I always like to rewatch fighting scenes. Cannot believe this time round, i keep rewatching Kissing scenes. hahahaha . Now I look forward to:

1. Fighting scenes at Lion Slayer event

2. Raining scenes with WJ telling ZM how much he miss her.

3. Confrontation scenes with ZZR and how WJ react after that.

4. I actually look forward to the scene that ZM left WJ, there will be more sweetness after they reunite.

23 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Many more reasons  for me to love ZM as a character and, especially in this version. (My favorite ZM now, on par with Gigi Lai and Ady An for me)

She knows that what she wanted and what she needs to do are two different things, and all she did with the person she loves in mind. She fights for them openly, without hesitation, and she faces any consequences bravely. It doesn't matter if she got vilified and hated, as long as she can give happiness to those she loved.

Hide contents

She knew they need to hurry to save XX even though she has this cheeky wish that she can stay injured so ZWJ can treat her well lol. Even though she knew XX dislike her, she still push forward for WJ. Such an enviable resolution and strength for her young age.

I also like in this version, she didn't just abandon her identity, hence she was way more conflicted in this version. Such a fierce protectiveness, despite her weak moments displayed quite often in this version. It make her tears even more touching and believable. Both sides are her priorities, making it hard for her to choose. 

Hide contents

I think the flashback truly strengthen what he has already felt himself: he and ZZR are not compatible beyond the superficial aspect (i.e. they coming from the same side of the fight, both are fighting against the Yuan, and the fact that all of his comrades support/force this match). He already has some doubts and hesitation when the match was first proposed even before he heard ZZR's outlook of her future. When he got a glimpse of what she wants and what she seems to expect from him, it's like the last nail in the coffin for him. But he's bound by his promise and duty.:confused: Although, it such a foolish thing to do. There will be the day when he cannot pretend anymore and unhappiness will eventually rear its ugly head. It will eventually hurt both side, in my honest opinion. 

I agree with some posters here, I feel his desire to stay with ZM has intensified when he finally got the chance to truly see her real goodness as they spent more private time in their journey.

I feel he refrained from saying the real reason why he doesn't really want to marry ZZR is because he knew and worried that ZM will likely drop anything to give him that happiness, despite the possibility that it might not be what she wanted. His happy, wide smile was like: it's such a great relief to him when he knew that, even without knowing his reason, the person that he has decided to be with actually shared his desire. It's like, jackpot! ^_^ It seem like his doubts, his resistance truly dissipate at that moment. His desire and aspirations for that peaceful life has been reignited, making him happy.

I think it's also the writer and director ways to show the differences between the two ladies, while limiting the chances for dispute that ZM only said that to appease ZWJ. (a.k.a. minimize shipper squable lol). They have that one important aspect that WJ-ZZR truly lack: real compatibility. They complete each other: he's naive, she's resourceful; he sees the good in people while easily miss ill intention, she can read people better hence can protect him from falling to other's devious plan. 

Both actor and actress truly have good on-screen chemistry. It's not just the dialogues, but for me, on-screen chemistry is better shown by those small touches, eye contacts, body language. So many of these throughout the series: when WJ hold her head close to him (when she was confessing about her nightmares in the preview for tonight episode (e. 45, I think)), his thumb was brushing her hear; his light kiss on her forehead as the camera panned out in front of the hut (I thought I was the only one imagining this lol), his touch on her cheek when he told her to listen to him and take a good care of herself otherwise it will be hard for her to heal (episode 44, I think). It's in that small tidbits that make on-screen chemistry for me, not just reciting sweet lines and acted lovey dovey when camera is rolling on them. Good acting chops there as they immersed in their roles :wub: 

Now I am curious how do they fit the storyline of ZM's father death. Will it after the eyebrow painting scene (hence, WJ looks quite angry in the last episode preview)?

Also, can someone translate the writing on the lamp when ZM and WJ are looking at the mirror in ep 49 preview? They seem to put it on prominent spot so curious what it means. Thank you first and foremost.

Wow your Analysis is spot on and I really love reading it! Thanks for putting out into words nicely like that step by step.

I notice that In yesterday's episode, ZZR already show some signs of her ambition to become the Empress. And it is by marrying ZWJ. The flashback that show her saying to ZWJ, asking him how he felt being treated as Emperor by the people.  She has that kind of smile that seem to indiciate "Oh yeah i am going to be the Empress after Ming Sect won the war against Yuan"

After ZWJ indicated his interest to wander the world, she does look alittle disappointed and immediately let him know her Stand of wanting to continue to be the leader of Emei sect and to glorified the sect.

And I am really impressed with the scriptwriter arrangement of that particular scene whereby ZM literally Say what she wants for future life, which immediately aligned with WJ's thoughts. And WJ's expression is priceless. The "Finally i found someone meant for me" is showing on his face beaming with smile . Very well handled here.

I truly agree with you that it is all these body languages that bring out the couple's chemistry. Ever since i notice that during the Snake island episodes, I been observing their eyes, their facial expressions, position of their hands and fingers, even though the camera focus were not on them, I still look at them. I am amazed to find that the Feeling and emotions that come out of those body languages were so expressive and it truly impress me with regards to the couple's acting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jackieusa said:

I have this thought, even though we know XX won't come back with ZWJ, but what if he does.  Will ZWJ can still be with ZM?  We all know the hostility XX have for ZM was pretty clear. Will ZWJ go against XX, he like his real dad.  No wonder ZM worried she might not see ZWJ again not only because she think she might die but also worry about XX too.

By episode 48, based on the preview, XX already accepted ZM as the only one in WJ's heart. And XX will definitely become a monk, I think that's his whole journey of redemption and letting go of revenge so he definitely won't come back with WJ. But I think XX still think that ZM should've not stay there with WJ because it will just burden him

21 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Well said!

ZM is definitely a fighter! Hearing and watching her get misunderstood by WJ time and time again is quite heart-breaking to watch. After leaving the wedding, his words to her in forest were really harsh. He even raised his palm up to her as if to strike her. This scene was actually way more heated than what I expected. So yeah...ZM definitely suffered and sacrificed a lot for WJ. I mean how did she know in the end it would all be worth it? Even though the odds seemed to be against her, she didn't care and continued to bet everything on WJ. I admire her guts and obviously happy her persistence (and patient with WJ) paid off in the end.

I could be wrong, but I think the eyebrow painting scene will be after ZM's father's death. I believe ZM left WJ once because of that incident so in the eyebrow painting scene, he tells her he won't let her leave again and asks to come back with him.

My Chinese is bad, but I believe the characters on the lamp says something along the lines about "hoping husband will be by side". Anyone - feel free to correct me.

I also suspect the eyebrow painting scene will be after ZM's father's death.  I think she'll be giving ZWJ the handkerchief around this time, then leave for Mongolia.

Preview pics from tonight's episode!  For all the YBH stepmoms :heartbreak:

0070naZily1g1xwguys5zj30u02c2x6w.jpg

So instead of WJ's grandfather dying in that battle they will make YX die?

I was thinking they might kill YX because of what he said to JXF tomb.

Edit:

Sorry, just check the episode 50 preview and YX was present.

I am not sure why but I kept thinking eyebrows painting will be before ZM's father died. Because I keep getting the impression that ZM blame him for her father's death and left for Mongolia. WJ look for her endlessly after that

Just a guess