[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

28 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

She almost got it but she fainted though lol

I hope we get at lease 1 kiss on the lip after he heal her.  In other version I think they already have 2 kisses up until this part of the story.

I watch a interview with Yu Qi Chen where fans ask her questions if there're any kissing scene in HSDS.  She didn't say yes or no but wants us to watch to find out.:lol:

23 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

I really want a kissing scene between WJ and ZM! Like seriously! ;)

Well when/if it happens the waiting will just make the kiss much sweeter, especially after all the angst^_^

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I hope we get at lease 1 kiss on the lip after he heal her.  In other version I think they already have 2 kisses up until this part of the story.

I watch a interview with Yu Qi Chen where fans ask her questions if there're any kissing scene in HSDS.  She didn't say yes or no but wants us to watch to find out.:lol:

oh my! That gives us feeling more nervous watching every second of the last 8 episodes. lol :w00t:

3 hours ago, jackieusa said:

Yeah, I thnk FY still care for ZM even though he also wanted to use her.

I wonder how ZYZ knew about the assassination plot.  Wasn't only FY and YX involved with the ideas?  FY reactions was pretty surprised and YX was not in my view. 

I suspect ZYZ might have planted some spies among the people. Might have accidentally eavesdrop

1 hour ago, jackieusa said:

LOL, someone asked Joseph the same question yesterday and it shot up to be the top-rated comment on his Weibo.  His answer is 你猜 ("you guess")

7a11021agy1g1vhnegf4xj20ku112k5n.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, achng said:

LOL, someone asked Joseph the same question yesterday and it shot up to be the top-rated comment on his Weibo.  His answer is 你猜 ("you guess")

sometimes I wish my Chinese was better and could read Chinese At least I can speak and communicate but I want to use Weibo too Thank you for the info Hopefully we get at least one kiss scene in the next 8 episode 

I'm not getting my hope too high for a kiss scene. If there is a kiss scene, it would have been in the trailer or Yukee and Joseph would not be that secretive in their answer. I hope I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I think FY has genuine care toward ZM, even if it might not be the main reason he saved her but at least some part of it I believe is out love and he does not want to see her die. I mean human are complex just because FY has hidden motive I don't think it negates his feelings of care towards ZM. I want to believe in FY because if not I'll be so sad for our girl Min Min, at her lowest point nobody care enough about her to save her:bawling:

From what I watched with YX I feel like he was genuinely surprised that ZYZ knew about the assassination plot. The tone that I get from YX feels like he was pretty snarky with ZYZ after he convinced WJ to shelf the plan. He does feel a bit twitchy when talking about the assassination plot but I chalked that one since he was not sure how WJ will react once he knows ZM is involved with it. I think YX still loyal to WJ and Ming sect.

I might regret it later though for defending him lol, hope I'm right. Don't disappoint me YX:confounded:

Gah, I want to believe (in FY) but the plot he was hatching included killing ZM with the Emperor (I think his words were that a little sacrifice is necessary). :(  No one's fault but while ZWJ was busy with Ming Sect and holding hands with ZZR, it's true no one really paid much heed to ZM.  I thought it was interesting how helpless ZM felt afterward when she spoke to FY about how she was once a Junzhu backed by her father's military might, but stripped of her powers she was nothing. (I'd disagree... she does just fine in the middle of her enemies with no back-up in Ming Sect with just her wits, her tongue and her daring!)

I too want to believe in YX, but I fear that in this version WJ is too naive, and must be disillusioned with Ming Sect for the ending and that might include YX.

2 hours ago, achng said:

Urrrrrrrggggggggg!!  Killin' us!  (Gods, what does a gal have to do to get her OTP to even have 1 kiss in 50 episodes??! And what's with Yukee and Joseph playing coy?! Don't they know how desperate we are??!)

That's it!  If they DON'T kiss, then I insist we are granted some sort of fan-service variety show or another drama where Joseph and Yukee DO kiss and we can pretend they're ZM and ZWJ! All in favor say "aye!" ;)

• Like 1

I personally think that there will be no kisses. But i yearn for more special eyes expression from Joseph though. So sweet and enchanting 

Hope the both of them can have new drama together in future

I can't help feeling that Joseph might have a thing for Yukee to have those lovey dovey eyes so naturally expressed when he was with her. The eyes soften so naturally 

• Like 4

@LaurenPanna, we actually discussed Joseph/Yukee shipping a little many many pages ago, and at least in the BTS for the great picture shoots that produced, amongst others, what I'm using for my profile pict, Yukee seemed embarrassed and Joseph impatient.  

But I was approving of their professionalism, to still give us these amazingly romantic pictures from what was evidently not a very romantic shoot.  There was an attempt at putting up a thread at tieba on them, but that died pretty quickly... still it's a good try! 

As a desperate fan I'd believe anything... shall we start to pick out baby names for their future children?? ;)

Now I personally think there will  definitely be a kiss since both Joseph and Yukee are being coy about it.(I might be wrong but please be right:P)

I think I approve of the production for not showing the kiss in the trailer, if they do have it, since the waiting is more suspenseful and it's more fun when it actually happen.

I really enjoy this version of HSDS both Yukee and Joseph totally surprise me with their ZM and WJ.

I wasn't really feeling Joseph's WJ in the early episodes. The turning point for me is when he's going to GMD the whole arc is when I think he kind of slip into his role better and he just keep getting better.

Yukee I've only seen her in Princess Wei Young so I was a bit skeptical when I heard she's ZM since her character in Wei Young is a cutesy princess. But she blew my skepticism away when she appeared as ZM.

So yeah I'm really happy that I can finally found another HSDS version that I really like, it just took 33 years:lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Kur4p1k4 -- WOW 33 years ! means that you have the same favorite as me ! the 1986 HSDS! so far, that is considered the next GOOD-Chemistry ZWJ - ZM to me. I always have a soft spot for ZM. So i always like this character because of the 1986 version. Same here, it was during the GMD fight scenes that I really got impressed by Joseph Performance. I think he hold the whole scene well. before the GMD, i thought he is just another kiddish Idolish looking boy. 

YitianFan , i believe in front of Camera man, many newcomers might look awkward and uneasy. I remember when i was taking Wedding shots with my husband at the studio, everything was so awkward in front of the Camera man. I remember i feel uneasy and my husband also was impatient. I guess guys were like that,

But i believe I would now start to chase after any Dramas that have the both of them !! hahaha pretending that i am looking at ZWJ-ZM again like some posters said.

1 hour ago, Yitian_fan said:

But I was approving of their professionalism, to still give us these amazingly romantic pictures from what was evidently not a very romantic shoot.  There was an attempt at putting up a thread at tieba on them, but that died pretty quickly... still it's a good try! 

@kur4p1k4

27 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Kur4p1k4 -- WOW 33 years ! means that you have the same favorite as me ! the 1986 HSDS! so far, that is considered the next GOOD-Chemistry ZWJ - ZM to me. I always have a soft spot for ZM. So i always like this character because of the 1986 version. Same here, it was during the GMD fight scenes that I really got impressed by Joseph Performance. I think he hold the whole scene well. before the GMD, i thought he is just another kiddish Idolish looking boy. 

@kur4p1k4

Yup 1986 the only one I really like (before 2019 came out), WJ-ZM is my OTP for HSDS because of that. All other version i feel like either the WJ is off or ZM is off, sometimes both of them are off. I did watch 2003 version it was ok but forgettable, I actually like the actress that play ZZR on that version better lol. So yeah thank heavens for 2019 version

I have a question about the preview for ep 47-48. Can someone tell me if ZM and XX's conversation together at Shaolin was in the novel or in prior adaptations? Or is it another deviation in this version?? For some reason, I do not recall that part where XX says to ZM "No wonder WJ only has you in his heart. I take back the things I said to you in past". Sorry if it was already discussed...I'm trying to catch up.

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

I have a question about the preview for ep 47-48. Can someone tell me if ZM and XX's conversation together at Shaolin was in the novel or in prior adaptations? Or is it another deviation in this version?? For some reason, I do not recall that part where XX says to ZM "No wonder WJ only has you in his heart. I take back the things I said to you in past". Sorry if it was already discussed...I'm trying to catch up.

I think it's added. After XX's arc in Shaolin he didn't appear in the story again. In that scene he wore monk clothes, and all the fighting at Shaolin must have concluded otherwise they wouldn't be sitting in a room like that, talking.

I have not seen this in previous versions, but WJ had conversations with XX if I remembered correctly?. not quite sure though. 

Regarding the question on when WJ started to like ZM.  I think he was impressed since the first time he saw her disguised as a male to discipline the unruly guards and save the commoners,  but he is definitely quite mesmerized when he first saw zm after she changed out of her male costume. His eyes linger on her (and subsequently, he has this tendency to hold his gaze on her longer than he should lol :lol:). Then,  their experiences in the trap room left deep impression on him. Not necessarily because he already love her,  but i think he started to have interest that make him rehashing the scenes two times in this version: one when he was alone in his room and one when he's hiding and watching to save the sects members from the Wan An temple (really WJ? During the serious mission his mind can wander like that lol ;)). But in case of love, i feel it happens more gradually that doesn't have the exact time point for me.  As the series proceeds,  I can see the deepen bond between the two characters (kudos to both the young actor/actress. They paid good attention on that small touches,  little gazes along the way to make their chemistry more impactful, I feel). 

Regarding shipping of Joseph/Yukee, I was kinda blindly scrolling through weibo for some hints and snippets for upcoming episodes (I have no idea how this site actually work beyond some guessing and cannot really read the chinese writings :sweatingbullets:), I thought I come across (depending on how a ac accurate google translated the sentences and my deciphering abilities of what google translate trying to convey :sweatingbullets:. Not an easy task trying to understand google translate sometimes :sweatingbullets:)  some Joseph/Yukee shipping there. I dunno where I saw them (so cannot provide the link, sorry folks) ,  but it might popped up when I clicked on the diamond shape icon on weibo posts (or hashtag?  I am not sure the difference :sweatingbullets:) of the two actor/actress name last characters,  or Ji and Min characters (from ZWJ and ZM) hashtag/diamond icon on weibo. Maybe the great on screen chemistry between these two young actor/actress that fuel the shipping. Good acting chops from both of them to generate some shipping like that.

I tried not to do real life shipping though  since life and real feeling are not scripted drama that can be easily tweaked.   Athough in many cases in the past, I couldn't help it and ended up dissappointing myself. I had learned some lessons back then lol-_-

Just some scrolling for diversion to tide me through until Wednesday come :lol:. I really wish netflix can pick up this series,  fully subbed. I want to fully understand this version, :tears: :tears: 

Peace all:D

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Did anyone know in the preview of esp 48. What happen to ZM. Look like she is missing and WJ is looking hot her. Share your thoughts 

My guess is She left to negotiate with RYW (her father) - which is why there is a scene in MV that show her wearing the same Red male Suit and was stabbed and bled badly.

Just my guess hahahah can't wait to see WJ's heartpain look and try to save her there