[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 6:37 PM, vicious219 said:

They look like two completely different people in this picture.  Not in a good way either.  Too much photoshop. 

Sadly the show is coming to an end soon.  Anyone else feel so attached to these characters that they don't want it to end?  I haven't felt this way about HSDS since the 1986 version.

Sort of OT: This production team NEEDS to do a Xiao Ao Jiang Hu with Chen Yuqi as Ren Yingying.  I don't care if we just had a remake last year.  In my mind, that version never happened!

Yes I am very attached to WJ or Joseph. His acting and how he portrayed WJ, he makes me come to his sense without a word!

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 7:03 PM, Yitian_fan said:

Agreed on the really harsh critiques from the chinese audience! :( I think Joseph is doing a great job and doesn't deserve to have to come out and do a public apology?! (And seriously, there's lots of horrible actors but why the public shaming for Joseph I really don't get!  He's a WHOLE lot better than many others!)

And I too am worried about how few episodes there are left!

Joseph are up to Tony in term of portraying WJ. Their critizise the phisycal eyes cause they can not critisize his acting. He nailed it!

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 7:48 AM, hamaji said:

It's more than 3 billion viewers and counting, for a remake this is a remarkable achievement. With this success, there is always be complaint here and there but Imo joseph one of the best ZWJ after Tony Leung. Maybe he can switch place with Tony in my list when this drama finish :D he portayed ZWJ the way i imagine the character while i was reading the novel. Lawrence ng and that zwj from 94 version was a big no for me. Both of them are far far away from the ideal ZWJ. Just imo.

I love how gentle he is from last night ep. Not only with ZM but with YinLi and XZ also. 

Y56FZa1.gif

True! Joseph done an excellent job. I abandonne all version. I love Tony n Kitty but Joseph had dethrone Tony as WJ. Joseph bring the sense of WJ that appeared at Novels 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, GLT said:

I can see your frustration the way they portray ZWJ in this version. But isn’t his character always wishy-washy? I think in this version they made ZM more in love and desperate over ZWJ, which I think other version doesn’t show as much. In return they do show a lot of infatuation moments of ZWJ towards ZM. I think Joseph portrayal as the ZWJ in love with ZM doesn’t come out as strong because the director seems to spotlight ZM love in this version (which will make Yukee, the actress memorable as ZM). But I do notice ZWJ gaze and look towards ZM in all the scenes they are together, are very special compare when he looks at other girls. And when he was forced into making a vow to marry ZZR, you can see he was unwilling to because he knew he has feelings for ZM. Also it seems like until this point,  ZWJ stance for the Ming Sect is the priority over love. He is somewhat similar to ZZR in this stance protecting the sects against the mongol. So I think he does somewhat feel ZZR will be a better match as a wife, knowing that ZM and him have no future together as opponents, even though he has stronger feelings toward ZM (it’s modern concept of picking a wife - mind over matter). I can see why ZWJ chose ZZR out of logical thinking.

I have to disagree. Joseph are the strong one who bring WJ personality out of book. He nailed it. He makes me sense everything about his weak caractere. He up to Tony when people still attached to Tony Leung acted as WJ.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

Yup 1986 the only one I really like (before 2019 came out), WJ-ZM is my OTP for HSDS because of that. All other version i feel like either the WJ is off or ZM is off, sometimes both of them are off. I did watch 2003 version it was ok but forgettable, I actually like the actress that play ZZR on that version better lol. So yeah thank heavens for 2019 version

Me too. Tony was my always favorite until I watch Joseph. He dethroned him. All version are never up to Tony level but Joseph clear all the nuances I had toward WJ. 

• Love 1

On 4/18/2019 at 1:38 AM, LaurenPanna said:

I interpreted it as doing things with clear mind and a clear conscience, not deviating from our pure heart, our original nature

From the start, WJ kept his original nature and this is what Jinyong the author always try to tell us, he can never be the emperor because of his character, he never want to be emperor and i am glad he kept his pure heart to reject the throne when they push it to him. the production team really bring out WJ characteristics well. They did not let Jinyong down 

Agree the scenes n plot may changes but they keep the original caractere n essence caractere of WJ. Joseph nailed it. As I see. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 12:04 AM, jackieusa said:

Indeed, in ep 40 he's trying to forget ZM and at the same time he wanted to try to love ZR and move on.  So he kind of  forced himself to show some affection for ZR.  He probably thinking ZR gonna be his wife sooner or later anyway.  But there was a scene in ep 41 where ZR waited for him to eat dinner late at night.  They have this conversation , ZR mentioned she will treated and spend more times with Jue Er then WJ keep saying thank you.  ZR stated WJ being too courtesy treating her like stranger or something like that.  Then you can see a uncomfortable expression on WJ's face.  So yeah, I think he's forcing himself with the touchy touchy affection, at lease this is what I wanted to believed.  Hope I'm not over analyzed.:lol:

In my opinion he is not forcing himself. He does care about ZR, at least that what writer thought. So these touching scenes to tell that he care so much about ZR. The different is ZM are the person he was in love with. He is into ZM. WJ suppose to be like that : 'more normal' not like any hero wuxia caracter before. In life you could see that too, 'love someone' are different with 'in love with someone' in love means you are into someone. WJ case to ZM was that. He is so into her is that why even ZR are arround or even the night before his wedding ZM are the one jump into his head. Even many girls he care about are arround his mind are always into ZM. To a man that just 21 y.o he doesn't know what kind of feeling he has toward ZM n he try to denied it because he don't know. The more he denied the more he got into her cause ZM personality are challenges him to be himself that how he always turn into a different person when he is with her n he likes that. He comfortable with that. That's why only with her he broke the bounderies on wuxia, like touche her feet, reach her hand, carry her, all intimate gesture that he himself know are taboo to do to a women but he doing it anyway cause he is comfortable to her personality. 

Love this versions on how Joseph put it very well on screen. So many adaptation are fail to put that on screen. Except for Tony Leung in 1986 n today I can say Joseph are up to Tony skill back then. 

• Like 1

Dear Soompi buddies.

it had been a long time since i last chatted with you guys. I am not sure if you remember this, previously, My friend and I had written a post on Weibo to gather  "LIKES" and "comments." from Like-Minded people who wish to see our Wonderful CP pairing onscreen once again.   Our goal is to get Director Jiang to consider collaborating with Joseph and Yukee once again in any of his future projects. 

As of today, We gathered 3000 likes, and nearly 600 comments.

Yesterday, one of our group members came up with an excellent idea.

She wrote a very touching letter to Director Han.

Some background about Director Han Qing - He personally collaborated with Joseph and Yukee before in separate drama series. Just Recently, Yukee was the female lead of his upcoming drama series {yet to be aired} and to our tremedous surprise, Joseph also made his special guest appearance in this particular drama. I am sure all of you heard about this.

Our Group member hoped to gather more signatures from 2019 Ji Min Shippers  as well as Joseph-Yukee-CP-Fans from all over the world. For all of you who wish to see Joseph and Yukee collaborating once again, This is the time to MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD.

If you are interested,

Please send me a JPEG format of your self written short note, expressing your wish for Both of them to collaborate again, together with date and your initial/Signature. Please also help to indicate the State and Country you are from.

My Email is: Laurelpanna@gmail.com

All your JPEG images will appear in a Video with 2019 HSDS SoundTrack.

I saw the Draft version of that Video and Trust me, it is really very well done.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Lauren ~

• Love 1

Hi LaurenPanna, may I asked you something? Do you know about Xiao Xue [Joseph manager] live streaming in Feb 15 ?  I'm not sure but I have read that some fans [Joseph Yukee CP fans] have feeling Joseph and Yukee maybe in relationship. What exactly Xiao Xue said in her live stream, may you translate for us ? Thanks

Jimin 2019

ac09095ely1gbuhfvhd75j21400kotbj.jpg

0081XDingy1gbrqw0cbzdj30610ikjvr.jpg

• Love 1

Long time to see friends! Yuuke new wuxia drama will be aired this feb 21th. This time she coupled with Alan Yu. As much i love Yuuke and joseph couple. I hope this drama will gain success too. Coz yuuke is a great actress:wub:. And i hope joseph will also come back to played another wuxia drama. I love seing him in wuxia costumes then modern time:D same as yuuke. She looks pretier in wuxia costumes than modern one.

On 2/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, hwonhwon_stv said:

Hi LaurenPanna, may I asked you something? Do you know about Xiao Xue [Joseph manager] live streaming in Feb 15 ?  I'm not sure but I have read that some fans [Joseph Yukee CP fans] have feeling Joseph and Yukee maybe in relationship. What exactly Xiao Xue said in her live stream, may you translate for us ? Thanks

Hi hwonhwon_stv,

Based on my understanding of some weibo posts, basically JZ, back during the time when she was filming for the drama "And The Winner is Love," and JZ was in Hengdian for the Tomb Raiders (not sure if I got the title correctly or not:sweatingbullets:), turned out he secretly went to visit her filming location riding a tricycle, in the middle of the hot summer day. He invited her for hotpot, which she agreed. But when she was about to leave the hotel to go to the restaurant, he sent her a message prohibiting her to come because there were fans in the restaurant (not sure why he was so worried to be seen eating hotpot with her by the fans :wink:). So, it's been an ongoing questions on whether they finally managed to eat hotpot. 

I think Xiao Xue mentioned/hinted that they had indeed had the chance to finally eat that hotpot. (I am guessing it's back in January 2020, after she finished her "Antique Bureau 3" filming. At the time, JZ should have already arrived in Hengdian for his new project. I think YC left Hengdian on the 2nd day after she completed her filming.

Perhaps Lauren can also provide more details. :mrgreen:

• Love 1