[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

Damn. I know I said I'd take a break from this forum to watch another series but it didn't work out. The series got boring. <_<

In any case, look at this post I found on Weibo. A fan discovered that Joseph Zeng might have been told to use his right hand when he holds a sword, but according to small interactions, he uses his left hand all the time! He inadvertently made Zhang Wuji left-handed. ;)

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4377068878089990

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

9 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

Lauren you're a SERIOUS JY fan!    You even study with Wudang... you're a living, breathing JY-crazy! :w00t:

I just happened to be a taiji learner and it happens to be wudang heritage. But its indeed kinda exciting to know that i were to be included in the wudang branch. I believe they are all over the world. Mine is in Singapore and they sent wudang teachers over to a taoism temple to teach at a low cost

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

Legend (part 1) and Return (part 2) are closely related. You need to watch those one after the other. Sabre (part 3) is almost stand-alone if you want. Anyone who has seen part 1 and part 2 will catch the references in Sabre but if you haven’t seen them, those references don’t matter. They don’t get in the way.

Legend 2017 is a must-watch because I personally think it’s very good.

Return 2019 is in-production:

1. https://mydramalist.com/30864-the-return-of-the-condor-heroes

2. Spcnet.tv forums

I agree that LOCH2017 is good although my top favourite is still LOCH 1983 as 83 version has all characters well chosen and great acting and chemistry, especially Felix wong and Barbara Yung, their chemistry are damn good and they became legendary GJ HR which no other versions can surpassed except for 2017 versions which i can say is on par with them. In fact its the 83 version that get me interested in Jinyong novels 

Legend (part 1) and Return (part 2) are closely related. You need to watch those one after the other. Sabre (part 3) is almost stand-alone if you want. Anyone who has seen part 1 and part 2 will catch the references in Sabre but if you haven’t seen them, those references don’t matter. They don’t get in the way.

Legend 2017 is a must-watch because I personally think it’s very good.

Return 2019 is in-production:

1. https://mydramalist.com/30864-the-return-of-the-condor-heroes

2. Spcnet.tv forums

I agree that LOCH2017 is good although my top favourite is still LOCH 1983 as 83 version has all characters well chosen and great acting and chemistry, especially Felix wong and Barbara Yung, their chemistry are damn good and they became legendary GJ HR which no other versions can surpassed except for 2017 versions which i can say is on par with them. In fact its the 83 version that get me interested in Jinyong novels 

https://m.weibo.cn/5924656629/4377213765801411

This is a good one. Someone in this thread has analyse before about minmin's importance in wuji heart. 

This post was saying that

If you ask wuji whether ming sect is important or minmin is important, wuji will not answer. 

But when he thought that zhu er is dead, he did not follow her. 

When his grandpa is dead, he did not follow

When his godpa is dead, he did not follow 

And when he thought that minmin is dead, he wants to follow her 

This shows her importance lol

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I love LOCH 1994 with Anthena Chu. I think all character in this version is very good. Not only this is my fav HR is  but also her father and begger leader. I remember and love this version best. :wub: 

I'm starting to watched 2017 version...but still don't get same vibe and chemi as 1994. Maybe its still to early to give comment, will watched 5 or more ep again. 

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Where did you guys watch is it this? 

I hate that it doesnt include poems and chinese sayings though. 

Yeah this is right, the other one has even worst English than this.

@polar15 Yes LOCH 1983 and 1994 the best LOCH ever nothing could ever beat those two for me, best GJ-HR both of them. I still hate it when they diss Athena about it, I thought she was perfect for HR.

51 minutes ago, polar15 said:

I love LOCH 1994 with Anthena Chu. I think all character in this version is very good. Not only this is my fav HR is  but also her father and begger leader. I remember and love this version best. :wub: 

I'm starting to watched 2017 version...but still don't get same vibe and chemi as 1994. Maybe its still to early to give comment, will watched 5 or more ep again. 

I was a 90's kid. LOCH 1994 was what I grew up on. Had it on VHS lol. For years nothing beat it. Then came LOCH 2017, which recently became my new favourite.

I vaguely remember seeing parts of 83 version as a kid and I knew the theme song (even named my dolls after Huang Rong and Huazheng) but I only truly watched it as a young adult. By that time, after having seen and gotten used to 1994, I found the 83 way too slow and draggy. I still finished it, mind you, but I couldn't wait to get to the end because it was so damn draggy: 3 parts!! Still, 83 had the best memorable actors and songs even to this day. 83 also has the most handsome Yang Kang played by Michael Miu. These are elements which made it into 2017 version, which is proof that even though 2017 may be my new favourite, it's heavily influenced by 83 so... credit where credit's due.

I'm looking forward to seeing Return 2019 as I had watched The Taoism Grandmaster and liked the male lead. I'm curious to see how he portrays Yang Guo. The Yang Guo in my heart is still 1995's Louis Koo, followed by 83's Andy Lau. Once again, you can see that I'm a 90's girl.

*Fun fact: 80's Beggar Sect leader and 90's Beggar Sect leader is the same actor. ;)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Athena chu was good as HR too, she is pretty. But i guess the hk fans criticise her because her HR style imitates the 83 version HR Barbara Yung. I noticed that too but i pretty like her too 

LOCH 2017 HR actually followed the novel's huang rong actual characteristics very closely, mild and innocent 

*Fun fact: 80's Beggar Sect leader and 90's Beggar Sect leader is the same actor. ;)

He's one of my favorite TVB actors ever (after Tony Leung)! :)

BTW, Yuki is acting in another wuxia:

https://cfen.si/2019/05/28/luo-yunxi-chen-yuqi-cast-in-wuxia-romance-drama-and-the-winner-is-love/#more-62086

No wonder i feel same vibe.:wub: but i like his acting in 1994. He like a very friendly grandpa :lol:

9 hours ago, kimmortal said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Return 2019 as I had watched The Taoism Grandmaster and liked the male lead. I'm curious to see how he portrays Yang Guo. The Yang Guo in my heart is still 1995's Louis Koo, followed by 83's Andy Lau. Once again, you can see that I'm a 90's girl.

I freaking love the 1995 version of ROCH.  The music, the cheap sets and costumes, the fast paced script/plot, everything.  To this day, no other version can portray the reunion scene like in this version.  Although I'll admit the 83 version comes a close second only because it was the first one I watched so it'll always hold a place in my heart.  Here's my ranking if anyone here cares:

LOCH - 94 > 83 >>> 2017 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest

ROCH - 95 > 83 > 2006 >>>> the others >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2014 (lol.  I hate this version so much)

HSDS - 2019 > 86 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest

DGSD - 97 > 82 > the rest

The Smiling, Proud Wanderer - 96 >>>> 2001 >>>>> the others >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2018

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Where did you guys watch is it this? 

I hate that it doesnt include poems and chinese sayings though. 

I really tried but Google Translate sucks for idioms, poems, and proverbs.  I'll enable community subbing for those episodes if anyone here wants to volunteer and translate though.

5 minutes ago, vicious219 said:

I really tried but Google Translate sucks for idioms, poems, and proverbs.  I'll enable community subbing for those episodes if anyone here wants to volunteer and translate though.

Im happy you done it if your the subber not bashing you at all but i loved reading those Chinese idioms,poems,proverbs. 

So i finally finish ep 27 of LOCH. I did not enjoy watching it like HSDS..and i also did not find chemistry HR and GJ. Did not like CG, and HR father But i attract to This version YG, OYK and MN ...:wub: 

Its really sad, i don't like the male and female lead like i fall deep in WJ & ZM in HSDS. Their eyes contact and touch are really good. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, polar15 said:

So i finally finish ep 27 of LOCH. I did not enjoy watching it like HSDS..and i also did not find chemistry HR and GJ. Did not like CG, and HR father But i attract to This version YG, OYK and MN ...:wub: 

Its really sad, i don't like the male and female lead like i fall deep in WJ & ZM in HSDS. Their eyes contact and touch are really good. 

Are you going to finish it though since you're already more than halfway?

I remembered liking LOCH 94 with Athena Chu and Julian Cheung (if I remembered the male actor correctly). I thought HR and GJ are very cool in this series haha. But somehow, none of the two from trilogy stick to me like HSDS. I guess 86 version really captured my attention (how cool it be to have such a formidable martial arts like Wuji), making me so eager whenever new versions came out.  I watched completely the 86, 2000, 2009, 2019, and Jet Li movie and at least started to watch the 94 and 2003, even collecting the dvd (except for 2000, which I just couldn't find) and now this version had kind of replace 86 as my 1st favorite. Really wish they can release the uncut version though. 

I noticed in Weibo that yesterday YC posted about the new series that she's currently filming with Leo Luo,  and JZ commented with an icon of man raising his hand/shrugging his shoulder ,  and some commenters said he seemed jealous(??) hahaha (he didn't comment when YC posted about Two Worlds).

Credits go to weibo owners and all appropriate party.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4377300672359772

Well,  if I am JZ and if (and very very big 'if' here) JZ is interested in YC (though I honestly have my doubts for some reasons),  I would be quite jealous too haha. I mean,  LL is quite handsome,  can act quite well too,  has filmed with YC before (Ashes of Love,  I think),  friend with YC (he promoted YC's ZM in his weibo),  three years older than YC, and both are from Chengdu. A lot stacked up against me haha. 

Ok,  sorry for the rambling haha. 

Peace all

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

11 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Are you going to finish it though since you're already more than halfway?

I think i want to finished it. I want to know ending of Yk, MN and OYK:wub: and the main leads of course, even though i'm not fond of them, but this also my fav wuxia series. So i want to see it story till end. :D

• Like 1