[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

32 minutes ago, vicious219 said:

Yeah, I remember seeing a BTS clip of ZM sitting in the restaurant alone with tears down her face.  Could that be the scene that was cut?

6 minutes ago, PutriSing said:

You mean there is a clip of Min-Min crying alone in the restaurant waiting for a no-show WJ? I'm glad I didn't watch that - that will be heartbreaking and I'll be upset for days. 

Yeah there is, since it's unnecessary in the grand scheme of things, even if you deleted it, it won't change the flow of the story much. It will just make us sad more, if they keep it lol.

In 2019 version I think the 3rd 'hotpot scene' is the one in eps 42, where WJ bring food to ZM, could be count as that, since afterward ZR tried to kill herself. Even though it's a bit dumb, since ZM and WJ are not doing anything illicit, they're just talking lol. At least the other version/book ZM did kiss WJ or something

19 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

In 2019 version I think the 3rd 'hotpot scene' is the one in eps 42, where WJ bring food to ZM, could be count as that, since afterward ZR tried to kill herself. Even though it's a bit dumb, since ZM and WJ are not doing anything illicit, they're just talking lol. At least the other version/book ZM did kiss WJ or something

That's true. I kinda like our scene better coz he prepared food specially for her. Awwww... 

That whole suicide thingy is so fake and dumb. Oh my goodness - but all those Ming people just believed it. It's so frustrating. ZR must have felt that she's losing WJ fast and the suicide act will get him back to her. 

1 hour ago, PutriSing said:

That's true. I kinda like our scene better coz he prepared food specially for her. Awwww... 

That whole suicide thingy is so fake and dumb. Oh my goodness - but all those Ming people just believed it. It's so frustrating. ZR must have felt that she's losing WJ fast and the suicide act will get him back to her. 

I think a lot of scenes was changed to fit the new script, like the hotpot scene change to i cook for you scene. Staying at farm house and pretend to be husband and wife to just staying at farm house.

1 hour ago, PutriSing said:

UGh! In the book, she manipulated a lowly Ming Cult member that was attracted to her by visiting him and looking all sad as if she wanted to talk but couldn't bear to form words, then she left. This caused the guy to worry about her so he paid her a visit later and found her trying to hang herself. (Scheming much?) Wuji returns, revives her, sees this act, feels all guilty so he pushes the wedding sooner.

All of you are right in that book Wuji is so different (yes, he kisses everybody several times very deeply on the lips LOL) in how he develops throughout the story that certain scenes needed to be changed to suit his personality. I still think the Beggar Sect bell scene would have still worked because in that scene Wuji was "acting" distant and mean to MM, while she was charming and kind to him, but in his heart he was conflicted. That would have still worked with Joseph and Yukee. Just throw that in right after he rescues her and before he strangles her.

I also want to see ZR try to assassinate MM because it showed how ruthless and evil she was, yet also very powerful in a short period of time.

Also, like people have said before, book MM never tried to implicate ZR because she's too smart to bother. But Yukee's MM confronted her out in the open, which wasn't as smart. Still, it made for some nice gifs of Joseph's eyes as we fans figured out that he's starting to suspect that something isn't right but just won't say it.

Sorry to keep making comparisons between 2019's show and book. Reading the book is how I'm managing my withdrawal. The book gives me more cute scenes and I just picture Joseph and Yukee in my mind.

• Like 3

That's why one of my gripes is how hypocritical the members of the Ming sect and the so called righteous sect members are. Make my blood boils to think how narrow minded they can be,  since they were once the misunderstood ones. 

It's  a good thing they make WJ more mature and definite in knowing to whom his love and heart belongs to. I feel it kinda fit the days and times that we are at now., and they did very decently in modernising the characters (as much as they could). 

Thank you all for liking the fanfic. I am very glad that you enjoy it :relaxed:. Actually, I've been mulling the idea of joining AOOO.  How do I sign up? 

A BTS pic of the cave scene at the Snake Island.  Guess WJ really like to sit close to MM lol :tounge_wink:. In the actual footage in the drama,  he seems to be sitting at the smaller stone near his foot If I remembered correctly? or at least the camera angle make it seems like that. (Another time he was sitting together with ZM was also at the cave scene,  in the BTS vid where WJ was sitting beside ZM on a larger stone,  eating his bread/bao). . Credits belong to the respective owners please 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4369793031186737

Another thing is,  in two of the bloopers,  if I saw things correctly, JZ seems to smile/laugh nicely toward ZM: (1) in the Snake Island scene where he couldn't hold his laughter anymore (they were filming the conversation between MM and WJ before the scene where she almost fainted and he almost kissed her), (2) in the BTS of his almost wedding, when Bambi's wedding head cover slipped. Milliseconds (I happened to pause my video at this frame :lol: hrnce I caught the footage of him smiling while looking at where ZM was standing) before JZ turned his head toward Bambi,  seems (at least it is to me)  he was smiling toward ZM in front of him. 

They seemed to be alright on and off screen (cordial at the very least) ,  then why didnt they released more BTS with the OTP (I am still bitter hahaha)

I want more BTS between the main OTP that I seems to start imagining or being extra creative with the limited,  and very serious BTS of them :joy:

Okay,  sorry my overreactive imagination today :lol:.

How do I post pic (so sorry for the question if it's been asked several times before).  Can I copy pasted the pic? Thank you first and foremost.

Back to the actual drama footage.

Since I've been re-watching episode 42-43 onwards, I noticed in the scene where WJ and ZM sat in front of the farmer's hut,  as WJ was pulling ZM to his embrace, and the camera pan away.  I seem to notice that he turned his head and kiss her forehead (I think we have this discussion some times back,  whether or not he kissed her forehead). When I re-watch, I notice that his lower jaw seem to move forward and MM seems to tilt her head a bit.  Making me more convinced that he did kiss her forehead :P 

I really like this scene where ZM wiped WJ tears. Judging from his hand position beside her that seek support on the stone behind her, they stood so close to each other. Credits to their respective owners 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4371531066924961

And this one.  Even when they were running to hide,  they still didn't want to let go of of each other's hands. As always,  credits to respective owners

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4371643008910305

Sorry for the ramblings haha, and peace all ;):mrgreen:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

UGh! In the book, she manipulated a lowly Ming Cult member that was attracted to her by visiting him and looking all sad as if she wanted to talk but couldn't bear to form words, then she left. This caused the guy to worry about her so he paid her a visit later and found her trying to hang herself. (Scheming much?) Wuji returns, revives her, sees this act, feels all guilty so he pushes the wedding sooner.

All of you are right in that book Wuji is so different (yes, he kisses everybody several times very deeply on the lips LOL) in how he develops throughout the story that certain scenes needed to be changed to suit his personality. I still think the Beggar Sect bell scene would have still worked because in that scene Wuji was "acting" distant and mean to MM, while she was charming and kind to him, but in his heart he was conflicted. That would have still worked with Joseph and Yukee. Just throw that in right after he rescues her and before he strangles her.

I also want to see ZR try to assassinate MM because it showed how ruthless and evil she was, yet also very powerful in a short period of time.

Also, like people have said before, book MM never tried to implicate ZR because she's too smart to bother. But Yukee's MM confronted her out in the open, which wasn't as smart. Still, it made for some nice gifs of Joseph's eyes as we fans figured out that he's starting to suspect that something isn't right but just won't say it.

Sorry to keep making comparisons between 2019's show and book. Reading the book is how I'm managing my withdrawal. The book gives me more cute scenes and I just picture Joseph and Yukee in my mind.

I personally don't mind the comparison as a person that won't ever read the book, I appreciate the comparisons. Especially I didn't know that in the book ZR uses other Ming cult member as bait, most of the comparison I saw is with other TV versions which are always the 3rd hotpot scene, then ZR attempt suicide, I think.

Well maybe it will work, I don't know the context, but I still prefer the 2019 version where ZM got princess carry by WJ, still the best surprise I got, even more than the kiss. It was so unexpected and I love WJ for it, it just proof that what ZR said is right. If it's regarding ZM, WJ will never hesitate to do everything in his power to make sure she's alright even if ZM herself don't want it ^_^ So if they have to cut that scene out to get the princess carry, I'm totally okay with it :D

When ZM try to implicate ZR, I think I can still accept that for 2019 version. Remember that ZM also asked WJ in front of XX whether he likes her or not. I think, at least for me, this ZM is surprisingly very honest about her feelings and action. ZM motto is I dare to do and I dare to admit. She never deny all the bad things she did, even all the bad things her subordinate did under her/father's order, she also never deny she was a ruthless and calculating person. But, if you accuse her of something she never do, that's unforgivable to her. So for her to confront ZR I think it's just par of the course for ZM.

ZM in that time come to meet WJ maybe under the pretense of working together, but I always feel like her true motive is to clear her name so that WJ won't suspect her anymore. If YL is not alive, I don't think she'll even go. So when YL lost her memory, she thought she lost her last chance, but then ZR's ring make that sound, I think ZM just got excited and pissed at ZR. 2019's ZM also not the type to talk bad about somebody behind their back (unless it's ZYZ I suppose, but even ZYZ knows ZM don't like him and he don't like ZM also lol), why should she implicate ZR to WJ behind ZR's back if it's the truth, that's not her style.

That's my thinking anyway, cheers :kiss_closed:

36 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Thank you all for liking the fanfic. I am very glad that you enjoy it :relaxed:. Actually, I've been mulling the idea of joining AOOO.  How do I sign up?

Other members that have AO3 acct might be able to help since AO3  uses waiting list to approve your registration.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

Somebody edited the kiss scene to make it look like a make out session (I think?)

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4370926377067219/4370926637752607

Ah, the title claims they played the scene backward.... so the clip has the same scene going forward and backward, so it looks a little different and like a full make-out session but is just that one kiss scene. :)  Hahaha... desperate fans will do anything.

@chipz03 I signed up quite a few years ago, but I don't think you need any invite, just have to wait through a lag period (a few days?) before they approve you!  Its a super easy-to-navigate interface after that. 

Hello, as soon as I finished watching HSDS at YouTube I come here to read this thread to help with my withdrawal symptoms, luckily there is Avengers End game and GOT to help me get through this :sweatingbullets:

I just finished reading all 154 pages in 3-5 days ? And I am glad I finished reading the pages before I finished the novel LOL. I always knew WJ is always wishy washy but never knew that he kissed all the girls in novel :crazy:

I want to say that this version become my no.1 from all version, the second is 86 (Tony leung version). All the 2019 cast is amazing (Except Yin li ting, I prefer the actor for 2nd Uncle LOL), the special effects is good, the fight scene is also good esp at Guang Ming Peak :thumbsup:

And lastly I want to thank you guys here for all the Translation, news, gifs and FMV, you guys are awesome~ :heart:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 6

Another one, I guess ZM actually eat the buns

MNkZ9jdl.png

Lol, how long did WJ just sit there and stare at her while ZM is eating? She ate 2.5 buns at least

ImQ4JWZl.png

Also from ep 42 I just realised WJ actually try to rub harder on the bite mark. so it can stay scarred longer, maybe?

UwDRQh9.gif

And just a gif I found on the web, couldn't find the OP. Yukee being bloody awesome going up a horse :o

HqhePtZ.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Also from ep 42 I just realised WJ actually try to rub harder on the bite mark. so it can stay scarred longer, maybe?

UwDRQh9.gif

I think this is because he couldn’t forget her, probably before the wedding?

Has anyone out there ever found a compilation video of all moments he was thinking about her?

And maybe a video with all cuts of Minmin fainting into Wuji’s arms? Lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Another one, I guess ZM actually eat the buns

MNkZ9jdl.png

Lol, how long did WJ just sit there and stare at her while ZM is eating? She ate 2.5 buns at least

ImQ4JWZl.png

UwDRQh9.gif

And just a gif I found on the web, couldn't find the OP. Yukee being bloody awesome going up a horse :o

HqhePtZ.gif

Omg the last two pictures are awesome findings!! 

Yukee is so cool!!! And I never notice wuji did that!! Maybe that bite mark has become his sleep association, just like some kids like to hug the bolster to sleep. He is just like a child. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kimmortal said:

If I rem the name correctly, that guy was Han Lin Er, which she manipulate. That guy was mention in this drama too!! Mention by zhu yuan zhang but never appear physically haha 

9 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

It never occurred to me that director Jeffrey Chiang made the ending of his LOCH and HSDS mirror each other. In Loch Guo Jing and Huang Rong travel from Mongolia to Central Plains toward Xiangyang. In HSDS Zhang Wiji travels from Central Plains to Mongolia.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4361324958507405

Nice find, everything comes full circle:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

Has anyone out there ever found a compilation video of all moments he was thinking about her?

Isn't this just the whole series from 23 to the last episodes lol?

WJ is always thinking about ZM ;)

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • LOL 3

13 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

It never occurred to me that director Jeffrey Chiang made the ending of his LOCH and HSDS mirror each other. In Loch Guo Jing and Huang Rong travel from Mongolia to Central Plains toward Xiangyang. In HSDS Zhang Wiji travels from Central Plains to Mongolia.

Jinyong did a good job too.

Guo Jing left Mongolian princess for Chinese girl 

ZWJ left Chinese girl for Mongolia princess 

Haha 

• LOL 5

17 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

Yes! And ended with horse riding too.