[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, jackieusa said:

Those of you who are able to move on from this drama.  Are you starting any new drama(s)?   Are there any good drama(s) you guys can recommend, new or fairly old one?  I want to start once I'm manage to move on.:lol:

Not really starting any new mainland drama, this is the first JY wuxia from mainland I love a lot, the other mainland drama I think were good are Yanxi Palace and Legend of Zhen Huan/Empresses in the Palace, if you haven't watch it, but I only watch that because my mom and bro watch it, I was ok with it. It has solid casts, story, set and costume design though, Yanxi palace has great op-ed songs, even though they could cut a few episodes, feels like it's too long sometimes.

Always prefer western series and anime in general.

Still helping with the sub of HSDS and rewatching early episodes, so yah slowly crawling out but not yet ^_^

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, kimmortal said:

I am on my first rewatch in Vietnamese dub. But I’m also doing something I never did before. I’m reading the novel translation in English, and after each chapter, I watch its corresponding episode. This is the first adaptation that I feel the fight scenes are close to the novel. Parts that were never adapted got included into the show, but I’m also sad that key moments from the novel that we’re used to seeing didn’t get adapted this time around, like Crown Prince, Wuji’s speech about true love, ZCS and YSS’s bonding prior to sabre presentation, etc.

Also, it’s obvious from the novel that girls like XZ and YBH were never contenders for Wuji’s heart because he’s always seen them as little sisters. ZX is said to be so young that Wuji even tells her, “when you grow up you’ll become very beautiful”. It’s interesting that most adaptations make her a bit older.

I just read Wuji’s meeting with Zhao Min and it’s so cute! I like reading his inner thoughts about her.

Hii ...do you mind telling me where to find the english version of the HSDS novel?

is it available online?

39 minutes ago, penforella said:

So true.. the ZWJ in the book is a player alright..

Totally agree. I even thought ZM deserves better. The guy kisses everyone, acting like he loves all of them. I like the first version of the ending the most. I really dislike the ending of the third version (the latest one), I can’t even express the feeling. 

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Careful... You might hate ZWJ if you read the novel. ZM is much more enchanting in the novel.

^_^ thank you

i skipped parts and only read few parts that i need clarification or make comparison

im just too lazy to read the whole novel :P

12 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

Hii ...do you mind telling me where to find the english version of the HSDS novel?

is it available online?

WuxiaSociety.com

You can read directly on their website, or you can download the eBook and read on your reader, iPad, android, etc.

Edit: The beginning is really boring, but it’s necessary to understand continuity of Guo Xiang, the 9 Yang Manual, and Zhang Sanfeng. It gets more interesting once Wuji leaves Wudang to go look for a cure to his poison. I also really liked reading his time spent in the mountains when he trained the 9 Yang Manual because it clarified some stuff for me and also when he trained the martial arts from the Ming Cult.

Now that I’ve “met” Zhao Min, it makes me feel giddy and smiley each time he has a confrontation with her or thinks about her (even if it’s just to say she’s a cunning woman) because I picture Joseph and Yukee in my mind, haha. I picture Joseph’s little pout each time he can’t beat her in an argument. I picture Yukee’s charming smile, even though the novel describes it as a “cold” smile. I think it’s going to be difficult to see anyone else in their places for the next 10 years, even if they do a remake.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

WuxiaSociety.com

You can read directly on their website, or you can download the eBook and read on your reader, iPad, android, etc.

Edit: The beginning is really boring, but it’s necessary to understand continuity of Guo Xiang, the 9 Yang Manual, and Zhang Sanfeng. It gets more interesting once Wuji leaves Wudang to go look for a cure to his poison. I also really liked reading his time spent in the mountains when he trained the 9 Yang Manual because it clarified some stuff for me and also when he trained the martial arts from the Ming Cult.

Now that I’ve “met” Zhao Min, it makes me feel giddy and smiley each time he has a confrontation with her or thinks about her (even if it’s just to say she’s a cunning woman) because I picture Joseph and Yukee in my mind, haha. I picture Joseph’s little pout each time he can’t beat her in an argument. I picture Yukee’s charming smile, even though the novel describes it as a “cold” smile. I think it’s going to be difficult to see anyone else in their places for the next 10 years, even if they do a remake.

ok :blush:

thank you for the suggestion

btw...are you the one who wrote HSDS fanfic with a horse named Ping On?

5 hours ago, sophiesyc said:

Totally agree. I even thought ZM deserves better. The guy kisses everyone, acting like he loves all of them. I like the first version of the ending the most. I really dislike the ending of the third version (the latest one), I can’t even express the feeling. 

What was the ending of the third version?

38 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

What was the ending of the third version?

The latest edition pretty much implies that he wants to be with all of them (all four of them). He can’t decide. Or at the very least according to the author’s note at the very end. 

I think the second version/edition ending is the same as the 2009 tv version, with ZR comes to see them with the promise. I think it ends with WJ thinking that he loves ZM but also misses or thinks about ZR too something like that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sophiesyc said:

The latest edition pretty much implies that he wants to be with all of them (all four of them). He can’t decide. Or at the very least according to the author’s note at the very end. 

I think the second version/edition ending is the same as the 2009 tv version, with ZR comes to see them with the promise. I think it ends with WJ thinking that he loves ZM but also misses or thinks about ZR too something like that.

Oh that ending sucks! I don’t like the second one very much either because it seems he’s not 100% love zm, only thinking he does.... hmmm yeah no. I’ll take this 2019 version any day! He’s very committed to her. Thank goodness.

• Like 3

On 5/10/2019 at 1:58 PM, deminni said:

I know Chinese viewers have seen this in the forum, but for Vietnamese fans, there are Viet Subs now!

I am watching it (slowly of course because I suck at reading Viet Subs), and Joseph is seriously so humble and HE LOVES ZHANG WU JI SO MUCH. The dedication and passion and energy he put in this role is told through this "Ted Talk" is what it seems like. I love being able to hear the actor talk about their role, and Wu Ji was meant for Joseph. He's so young, but you can tell he has an old soul, and his dedication towards acting is admirable.

Love this. Must watch! (And yes, he calls her Min Min <3)

He is definitely my Forever Wu Ji.

Love this! He's so mature for such a young actor. And a great public speaker too! First "TED talk" with fangirls heart-eyeing in the audience :D

If anyones interested I can translate it into English later. But basically he's really brave in facing criticism about his acting head on (even the dumb big eyes comments), discussing his insecurities, advocating for following your dreams by being really prepared and working really hard, and revealing that he's a super nerd who spent 4 months during the audition period doing nothing but reading the source novel, watching multiple HSDS versions, and reading online comments and analyses to prepare for his role lol he's so adorable!!!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

If anyones interested I can translate it into English later. But basically he's really brave in facing criticism about his acting head on (even the dumb big eyes comments), discussing his insecurities, advocating for following your dreams by being really prepared and working really hard, and revealing that he's a super nerd who spent 4 months during the audition period doing nothing but reading the source novel, watching multiple HSDS versions, and reading online comments and analyses to prepare for his role lol he's so adorable!!!

I would love the translation :) I’m very happy to hear that he spent a lot of time prepare for this role. It’s kind of adorable that he is a fan of the character himself too. 

• Like 2

I have heard from other people that the ending of the novel sucks because he’s still wishy-washy. Nonetheless, this is my first time reading it so I just want to get the essence and other important details of the story.

I’m at Snake Island and in the novel they spend many many days together on the ship while they were in disguise. It’s said that they spent their days chatting, telling stories, and they no longer felt like enemies. After Zhao Min explained why she bit his hand, Zhang Wuji (while laughing) even grabbed her hand threatening to bite her so she would never forget him too. She pulled away shyly of course. Aww.. they even flirted a little. I wish we had more flirting scenes in the series. But of course, I’m also extremely satisfied with Joseph’s (WJ’s) obvious love for Yukee (ZM), rather than some crappy open-ended conclusion.

• Like 5