[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, jackieusa said:

I went ahead to check out the TVB version since you mentioned about those cut scenes.  But the episode ended exactly like the mainland's version again so I wonder what the purpose of those cut scenes. 

Lol....I kind of regretted after re watching this episode.  WJ's actually like ZZR a lot that you can see him getting jealous of SQS liking ZR. The way he looked at her.  WJ definitely can marry ZR if not for MM appearance and consistently chasing him and not giving up on their relationship.

Spoiler

SVu6wko.gif

Qa9tk3T.gif

URuEhcR.gif

Ahhh! Watching this HURTS haha. I definitely skipped the first half of the series as I could only find Viet Sub at the time and didn't want to expend my poor Viet reading skills into pausing and reading pausing and reading until Zhao Min appeared lol.

God, Joseph's acting is SO. GOOD. If I didn't know any better and was a completely new fan and had no idea about ZM (since she appears sooooooo late), I would have maybe started shipping WJ and ZZR just by the way he looks at her alone. LOOK AT THOSE EYES. How could any of these girls resist him? I don't blame them for all going crazy over him haha

Thank you for sharing! It's so interesting how much I've missed lmao. (Also, it had to go under spoilers tag because IT HURTSSSSS  to look at haha)

• LOL 3

@LaurenPanna @bluesky888 @Angee86 Thank you so much! I am so happy y'all liked it. Will update either this weekend of early next week I am hoping. WJ and ZM are so fun to write. 

Some good MV's to share! (Chinese Music)

1. Very dark and moody and noir-ish and the music is dark, but a little sassy, methinks. The lyrics really reflect Wu Ji.

2. ROCH 2014 acoustic themesong sounds AMAZING.

3. I feel like this song really matches WJ/ZM <3 The clips chosen match perfectly with the song lyrics. Great editing!

4. LOL! This one is soooooooooo adorable. The sound effects!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with prev posters. He had crushes of all of the four girls at some point after they met. Including ZZR. Plus,  he hadn't met ZM yet at this point (he wouldn't know what he could have if they hadn't met yet hahaha :phew:).  But after he met ZM, he started to gravitate toward her. 

Even though he met the three ladies and got mesmerized by them first,  ZM was among the last if not the last of the four he met,  and she still won his heart and his commitment.

Even in the novel, while some can argue he doesn't know who he like the most,  he always gravitated toward ZM. Actually, if I remembered correctly, I think I read a translated end part of the 3rd or 2nd novel ending (where ZR appeared to ask for 1 request ftom WJ), provided what I read is the legit one, it was mentioned that WJ remembered all the good things of the four women. But he did that to almost everone (I think there's a sentence that basically meant he forgot the bad and only remembered the good of the four women, just like toward everyone in the world). He remembered those good qualities of the women, for me,  signified him letting go of all his past hurt,  sadness, anger, infatuations so he can think of the ladies like he remembered the good in other people he met. With ZM by his side as they travelled to Mongolia,  he was now content, free and can think of the other three ladies without burden of guilt or "what if". He can think of their good qualities without confusing whether it is a romantic feeling.  He can now think of them as his beautiful friends.

It's normal to meet new people, falling in and out of crushes and infatuations as we go through life, like Wuji in this stories. I saw some quoted statement, I think from one of the Hollywood entertainer, couldn't remember who though, who basically said if you met two or three loves (not just flings),  chose the last one for you will not fall for the 2nd or 3rd if you truly love your partner.  The last love that withstood the tribulations and temptations of (wo)men and time is the one that should be cherished. 

My personal opinion though hahaha. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@LaurenPanna Truthfully just subbed it don't think too much about it, the most important is people can read and understand comfortably when watching it. Since Chinese language can convey so much with so little words, but you have to make long ar** explanation for it in English. And you've fallen into the biggest trap of free subbing, loving too much the chara and try to convey something. Just sub it and ppl can imagine it themselves what they want to think about the chara. You're just making yourself tired unnecessarily which is not good. People will already be grateful they can watch it in English for free, if they want proper sub with proper 'feeling', go buy the DVD/blu-ray.  

Hi everyone, Thank you for the encouragement, I really appreciate it!! Really love doing this, it's very fun!! 

• Like 1

I’m rewatching the entire series (yes, from the beginning) in Vietnamese dub on movies.fimplus.vn. It’s so nice to finally catch everything that is said.

I must admit, I really liked his day spent with Zhou Zhirou when they were young. I liked it the first time, and even 2nd time around. She really was a great friend to him. Of course he cherished her friendship and those lovely memories. It’s a shame that joining so-called orthodox Emei sect changed her. I definitely feel she’s different as an adult. When she was young she was someone who showed compassion for others (saving and caring for Wuji), who displayed honour and loyalty (refusing to tell Yuan solders the whereabouts of the Ming Cult guy), who cherished and enjoyed the small things in life (grasshopper), who understood and didn’t mind her own limitations (no money for fancy handkerchief), who focused on fulfilling her responsibilities (picking and selling clementines). She didn’t look beyond her own capabilities, didn’t try to reach further, didn’t dream about obtaining “more” than she needed to. Do you think adult Zhirou is the same or not?

I feel like even though she initially declined being leader of Emei and making Emei become number 1, later on she actually started to want those goals for herself. I mean, she went against her promise to her master about marrying/being with Wuji, so she could have refused the other promises too but she didn’t. She even told Wuji that she can’t simply step down. What do you think? Is she the same Zhirou from the beginning and I just didn’t see it, or did she change when she joined Emei?

I think deep inside,  ZR had that ambition herself. Without the seed to cultivate, I honestly dont think MJ can truly ever change ZR that drastically. Like YX basically implied in this version when ZM was applying medication to his injury,  ZR knew what she's doing, what's the risks she's taking. 

Another incompatibility between her and WJ. And reason why I still stick to my perception that her infatuation toward WJ in all of the versions and in the novel had grown to be selfish kind of obsessions (sorry folks,  just my personal opinions here :blush:). I mean,  went on murderous rampage against the people at the village? Killing and slashing YL face?  -_-

Contrasting with WJ and even Xiao Fu.  WJ main desire is to live simple life,  free from the burden of being leader of Ming sect or even being an emperor.  XF was also MJ main candidate to be her successor, and like ZR, who shared the same shifu,   XF was bullied by DMJ as well. And her later life would not be easy as well, being a single mom. But XF steadfastly refused to hurt the person she love the most, not even considering it even when MJ dangle the leadership ring and eventually threatened (and did)  kill her. 

This might not sit well with some. My personal opinion and Peace all:relaxed:

• Like 3

When they were suggesting they have a plan (the assassination plan) to end the war soon to WJ, YX's faces are so hilarious

When ZD said that it's his idea YX was like "EXCUSE ME?! WTF?!"

Sd8ulxU.gif

And then nervously laughing when WJ asked him and glaring at ZD for saying that it's HIS idea :joy:

pkIsyM0.gif

And the last one, when he pretty much throw Fan Yao under the bus by saying that it's all his idea, he doesn't know s***. And that smile he knows he doesn't want to be under WJ's radar AT ALL when he know who's going to be involved in the plot. For YX at this moment, brotherhood be damn, I know NOTHING, NOTHING! 

Gw06DmU.gif

Oh man I really love YX in here, I really wish he was utilise more :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I really YX too hahaha, and quite glad he didnt partake in the underhanded plan to go behind WJ and assassinate RYW. 

Also,  shout out to all who had contributed fanfic,  GIFs,  translations of fanfic,  articles,  and the drama. You all are awesome!! 

:love:

• Like 2

I love one Weibo's account gave comparison to these two scenes.  It's shows how Zhang Jiao Zhu gave double standard treatment to the two women.  

When in the cave, ZM fall asleep.  WJ quietly walk over, sit next to her then lend her his shoulder so she can sleep more comfortably .  He then sneak a sweet smile on his face (totally enjoying the moment).  He wake up late the next morning, my guess he probably sacrifice his whole night of sleep just so his MM can sleep soundly.  Plus it was WJ who suggested that they stayed together for the night in the cave because it was getting late.

o4Uxf4u.gif

ZagVKSI.gif

m0yPOA6.gif

Bt5Fj91.gif

When in his room, ZZR fall asleep.  WJ walk in, sighed that his fiancee is fallen asleep here in his room (he's probably annoyed).  He then walk over and wake her up instead of letting her continue sleeping.  He asked her why she sleep here instead of resting in her own room.  ZR cooked for him and waited until late at night to have dinner with him which WJ promised her and forgot about it at the same time.  Hahaha.... WJ actually rather spend time with YX and company than with his wife to be.:lol:

quVyeVy.gif

WsQzydQ.gif

Kf6QHaO.gif

Look at WJ guilty face.:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

55 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I love one Weibo's account gave comparison to these two scenes.  It's shows how Zhang Jiao Zhu gave double standard treatment to the two women.  

When in the cave, ZM fall asleep.  WJ quietly walk over, sit next to her then lend her his shoulder so she can sleep more comfortably .  He then sneak a sweet smile on his face (totally enjoying the moment).  He wake up late the next morning, my guess he probably sacrifice his whole night of sleep just so his MM can sleep soundly.  Plus it was WJ who suggested that they stayed together for the night in the cave because it was getting late.

o4Uxf4u.gif

ZagVKSI.gif

m0yPOA6.gif

Bt5Fj91.gif

When in his room, ZZR fall asleep.  WJ walk in, sighed that his fiancee is fallen asleep here in his room (he's probably annoyed).  He then walk over and wake her up instead of letting her continue sleeping.  He asked her why she sleep here instead of resting in her own room.  ZR cooked for him and waited until late at night to have dinner with him which WJ promised her and forgot about it at the same time.  Hahaha.... WJ actually rather spend time with YX and company than with his wife to be.:lol:

quVyeVy.gif

WsQzydQ.gif

Kf6QHaO.gif

Awww I love this. I know, his smiles with ZM and ZZR are so different. With ZM, he smiles genuinely to himself, not needing her to see it, but with ZZR, he has to force himself to smile and pretend to be happy even though it is more burden than love. He actually forgot about her TWICE lol. I wonder how many times our Zhang Jiao Zhu chose to eat with his brothers over ZZR. No wonder she was so pissed when she saw him eating with ZM. He ditched EVERYONE for ZM while he ditched ZZR for everyone else. Yikes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I am very pleased witj JZ acting as WJ,  it's like he really embodied WJ in my mind haha. He can portray the difference between the young puppy crushes toward ZR,  YL at the beginning,  and with the love that become more mature and grown up toward MM. He is also very good as Leader Zhang.  JZ is young but he can convey that charisma of a leader,  an unbeatable one. Good emotional ranges and different  expressions that can project the feeling of the character. 

He can also convey that different emotions toward the ladies. I think he can project differently with his eyes and his body languages toward MM versus the other ladies. It's not easy to get acting partner who can share good on-screen chemistry that can really bring out an actor/actress acting skill  Once you get it, it's good to really utilize that jackpot.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

o4Uxf4u.gif

ZagVKSI.gif

m0yPOA6.gif

Bt5Fj91.gif

quVyeVy.gif

WsQzydQ.gif

Kf6QHaO.gif

Yasss! I love this so much. 

• LOL 1

I actually feels bad for ZZR every time she bring up her and SQS relationship in front of WJ.   Did she expect WJ still has feelings for her?  WJ will get jealous of them?  Because every time WJ neither shows no emotions on his face or focus on other important things like (rescuing his Yifu).:lol:

Nk0XDys.gif

W6Gtfok.gif

0Q5UqjT.gif

2qbXXym.gif

mG2FQiB.gif

WKLQOsO.gif

wbHmb8M.gif

YgHWKZn.gif

1 hour ago, chipz03 said:

I am very pleased witj JZ acting as WJ,  it's like he really embodied WJ in my mind haha. He can portray the difference between the young puppy crushes toward ZR,  YL at the beginning,  and with the love that become more mature and grown up toward MM. He is also very good as Leader Zhang.  JZ is young but he can convey that charisma of a leader,  an unbeatable one. Good emotional ranges and different  expressions that can project the feeling of the character. 

He can also convey that different emotions toward the ladies. I think he can project differently with his eyes and his body languages toward MM versus the other ladies. It's not easy to get acting partner who can share good on-screen chemistry that can really bring out an actor/actress acting skill  Once you get it, it's good to really utilize that jackpot.  

IKR, I'm still puzzled why C-fans are so cruel to Joseph, complained about his bad acting.   I'm also very pleased with his portray as ZWJ.  I can almost related all his emotional scenes and love scenes with those eyes and his body languages.  He also have amazing chemistry with all 4 girls not just Yukee.

• Like 4

After seeing all this gif and I did some re-watching of the snake island arc, is it possible the reason suddenly she was jealous of ZM not because she like WJ but she was jealous of how WJ and ZM treat each other? Especially how WJ always protected ZM, asked her to accompany him, was so tender when caring for her after she stabbed herself.

Because if you watch eps. 32 there's an internal monologue (when JHPP is forcing ZR to eat the pill) where ZR prefer to die than kill/lie to WJ, but she called him Zhang 公子 not really Wu Ji Ge Ge. Also when Mie Jue died she push away WJ's hand from her master's body which for me is the linchpin for me that ZR and WJ cannot be together rather than the stabbing at GMD. For me WJ never blame her for the GMD stabbing. 

But somehow after seeing ZM with WJ she got jealous I was always perplexed by that, could it be she's just the type of person that wanted what WJ and ZM have? I mean if you see the two of them wouldn't you want that also lol :P So ZR maybe she think if WJ is hers, he will also treat her like ZM.

That's why I think on later episodes after she becomes 'dark' she always tried to incite emotion from WJ, either by threatening ZM, trying to kill his godfather, saying that she's married to SQS, but somehow WJ always never showed the emotion that she wanted I think. I guess for ZR it's better to be hated forever than WJ just be indifferent to her. This obsession is really harmful to ZR.

I would also like to note ZR is also a young lady that has not much romantic experience I suppose since she did live in Er Mei. For her to think that this is love towards WJ is understandable. And she thinks she is much better match than ZM anyway, the foreign princess who is the enemy. I think after the last episode, she finally realise the one she loves the most is Er Mei, she is grateful for SQS's love but I believe even if SQS is alive Er Mei will be number one in her heart, which is fine I think for SQS, that man only wanted to stay by ZR side anyway. I also think this desire to protect and glorify Er Mei is her own wishes not affected by Mie Jue. Mie Jue I think just kind of warped ZR's perception on how to do it.

Cheers

• Insightful 1

Also people I like all the gifs,

but if you want to quote them can you at least put it under spoiler?

I'm fine with the original poster of the gifs but it's kind of killing my loading time with all the repeat gifs that got quoted loading all over the page

Thanks, cheers

• Like 1