Mentors:

Lay Zhang Yixing - Nation's Representative & Dance Mentor
Li Ronghao - Vocal Mentor

MC Jin - Rap Mentor

Jackson Wang - Rap Mentor
Cheng Xiao - Dance Mentor
Zhou Jieqiong  - Dance Mentor

Concept:

Idol Producer brings together 100 trainees from different entertainment companies and talent agencies, both within and beyond China. The trainees will have seal-offed training sessions which are recorded for a period of four months. Nine candidates will be chosen through a voting system by the audience from the pool of 100 trainees to debut as a unit boy group of 9 people.

Cr Wiki

Click here to watch it with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

100 Trainees:

Click here for the complete list of trainees.

Preview:

Theme Song:

Ei Ei

Additional Links:

Idol Producer 偶像练习生 English Subbed Episodes

Idol Producer 偶像练习生 Raw Episodes

EXO’s Lay Thoughtfully Treats “Idol Producer” Trainees Behind The Scenes

Justin And Jung Jung From “Produce 101 Season 2” To Participate In Idol Producer

EXO’s Lay Comments On Taking On Similar MC Role To BoA’s In Chinese Survival Program

GOT7’s Jackson, PRISTIN’s Kyulkyung, & Cosmic Girls’ Cheng Xiao To Mentor Chinese Show Similar To “Produce 101”

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @angelangie
 l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

ep 1 no eng sub

Chen Li Nong from taiwan. Not say super talented/handsome...but his smile appealed to the judges.

From Yuehua entertainment.....think got 2 Produce 101 contestants Justin (Huang Ming Hao) and Jung Jung (Zhu Zheng Ting)...and also Fan Cheng Cheng, brother of china actress Fan Bingbing. 1st episode ended at the beginning of their performance.

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

ep 1 no eng sub

Chen Li Nong from taiwan. Not say super talented/handsome...but his smile appealed to the judges.

From Yuehua entertainment.....think got 2 Produce 101 contestants Justin (Huang Ming Hao) and Jung Jung (Zhu Zheng Ting)...and also Fan Cheng Cheng, brother of china actress Fan Bingbing. 1st episode ended at the beginning of their performance.

Li Nong's performance was enjoyable and cheerful to watch but don't think he's exactly A material yet.

Yes, next week's episode is gonna start with Yuehua's trainees!  But from their preview, it looks like they didn't get good grades lol...

50 minutes ago, sugarplum892 said:

Li Nong's performance was enjoyable and cheerful to watch but don't think he's exactly A material yet.

Yes, next week's episode is gonna start with Yuehua's trainees!  But from their preview, it looks like they didn't get good grades lol...

Think in the theme song clip, he sang in the 3rd group, should be B or C. So his grade would drop within the next few episodes.

Ya, i feel his potential, charisma, stage presence, efforts put in (despite 2-3 months) etc are good....but not grade A yet. Actually i fear he would be pressurised and also "targeted" by other contestants when graded so high from the very start.  And i know some china viewers don't think too fondly of taiwanese (due to political reasons).

But since he would drop down...then i do hope he would rise up eventually. And to gain so much screen exposure is still better than none. 

Some china viewers comment that he look abit like korean actor-singer Lee Hyun-woo.

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

Think in the theme song clip, he sang in the 3rd group, should be B or C. So his grade would drop within the next few episodes.

Ya, i feel his potential, charisma, stage presence, efforts put in (despite 2-3 months) etc are good....but not grade A yet. Actually i fear he would be pressurised and also "targeted" by other contestants when graded so high from the very start.  And i know some china viewers don't think too fondly of taiwanese (due to political reasons).

But since he would drop down...then i do hope he would rise up eventually. And to gain so much screen exposure is still better than none. 

Some china viewers comment that he look abit like korean actor-singer Lee Hyun-woo.

yeah in the theme song he wasn't in the middle so it seems like he did drop.  Although he doesn't have the qualifications for A yet and he seems aware of it, I feel that he should still have some self-confidence.  There was a part that he mentioned that he didn't want the A to the Yuehua trainees backstage.  I believe that self-confidence plays a part in your abilities more or less.

No doubt there is going to be some envy from others after getting an A.

But yes, he caught my eyes with his personality and screen time already lol

On another note, about the mentors/teachers....so far, I still find the two dance mentors Cheng Xiao and Zhou Jieqiong to be unfitting.  They literally just debuted.  And you can tell that they don't have much valuable input/crits to share with the trainees thus far.  The dance crits are mostly coming from Lay and I find the two girls are just there giving sound effects and reactions...

Ya...i admit the 2 girls got too little experience and popularity compared to Lay and Jackson. Perhaps the PDs want someone to fit in a certain role : female for balance, someone from korean entertainment rather than china mainland....in that case, some viewers recommended Victoria of f(x) but i suspect she is busy with other show....i am sure they would have invited her.

Actually by right...the dance mentor should be male too...the contestants are all male. Instead singing or voice mentor can be female.

16 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Ya...i admit the 2 girls got too little experience and popularity compared to Lay and Jackson. Perhaps the PDs want someone to fit in a certain role : female for balance, someone from korean entertainment rather than china mainland....in that case, some viewers recommended Victoria of f(x) but i suspect she is busy with other show....i am sure they would have invited her.

Actually by right...the dance mentor should be male too...the contestants are all male. Instead singing or voice mentor can be female.

yeah exactly, would have been nice if the dance mentors were victoria from fx, and jia/fei from miss A.

5 hours ago, visiopeia said:

Chen Li Nong is soo adorable!! i become his fans after episode one ..... NONG NONG is sooo cute 

By the way, Did Cai Xukun got A??? i keep on watching the episode one in youtube.. but can't get the result.. did i miss out somewhere?

They didn't show. As usual, "messy" editing...perhaps to keep his fans in suspense. Cai is a well-known hot fav.

But most expect him to get A. He is even in the centre position during the title song part.

11 hours ago, visiopeia said:

Chen Li Nong is soo adorable!! i become his fans after episode one ..... NONG NONG is sooo cute 

By the way, Did Cai Xukun got A??? i keep on watching the episode one in youtube.. but can't get the result.. did i miss out somewhere?

yeah Cai probably got an A considering hes standing in the middle/front/center in the theme song mv lol

But i don't understand the hype about him?  Seems like all the trainees are into him too

9 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

But i don't understand the hype about him?  Seems like all the trainees are into him too

He is a former member of Swin... and during that time he already have tones of fans and due to his look .. i got to admit it i got seduced by his look too... hahahahhaha.. he frequently update about his life, his self composed song in the weibo... if i am not mistaken, he already release albums/single  

1 hour ago, visiopeia said:

He is a former member of Swin... and during that time he already have tones of fans and due to his look .. i got to admit it i got seduced by his look too... hahahahhaha.. he frequently update about his life, his self composed song in the weibo... if i am not mistaken, he already release albums/single  

ah i see, his look is too wild/sexy looking for me lol

Feel it is normal for everyone to have different preference. For me, i look out more to cute, sunshine-type, goofy, abit of underdog but hardworking etc.

Well...the image one shows on stage esp audition or ep 1...might not be totally under his control. Sometimes it is meant to stand out..or create a certain image. Behind the scene...that person might be different. 

Usually they would show more of their real self during those daily life clips or practice clips in the show...though sometimes we might be misled by evil editing. 

But still...maybe they can't create something out of nothing. They would still need certain "chars" to begin with...eg the cute one, the fashionable/sexy one, the not-so-talented (but try to be centre) one etc....then the "evil" edit will enhance that image to the viewers.

Since they didnt reveal Cai Xukun's result...then Chen Li Nong's A rating seems to be the only one in ep1...and taiwan media did report on this proudly as the 1st A contestant. And expected...some china mainland viewers are turn off by this.

And constant mentions of him being cute..as seen in reports, forums, short cuts of his appearance in ep 1....it got abit repetitive and some started to say he is acting cute or pretend to be untrained etc.

So as mentioned before...being in too much spotlight in ep 1 got good as well as bad points. Well...good as long as he is not "abandoned" in later episodes.

Remember there were 4 members who wore gold chains...made out to be some high class group....but actually it is just an image. Their company is a small one...but quite clever to release some bts or daily life clips. I (and many viewers) found them to be funny and quite real. For me...i take note of the maknae Ling Chao and the crew cut guy Pu Fan.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF-kpt07kZx9RMsBB2k-QlQ

Some clips on Chen Li Nong. Fun clip.

Singing in 2015.

He covered BTS dance in school b4. 1st on the left...his pants got 1 hole and 2 holes.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/FFFx88vS7?luicode=10000011&lfid=1076033989097293

These 2 chatty guys got unshown footage which is...haha...sorry..no eng sub. They are called the Pepsi cola brothers bcos of their clothes colours.

From the 2nd ep, Qian Zheng Hao singing City Of Stars (La La Land). The vocal mentor is impressed by him.

I like this song and his singing is not bad. But he didn't dance...suspect not his expertise...and frankly his visual doesn't stand out. He got a B. 

The editing as usual is abit unfair....some contestants even with A and B have little screentime....their performance were even skipped. I can guess the ones with the most screentime either are funny or interesting......or are from well-known agencies.....or the contestant himself is well-known with fans already.

Ep 2. The 1st 8 mins or so is actually after this initial grading....it's about their initial votes from the public.

http://www.iqiyi.com/kszt/idolvote.html

Currently, Chen Li Nong is 1st, followed by Cai Xu Kun and Fan Chen Chen (actress Fan Bing Bing's bro).

Then they jump back to continue from last week's ep with Yuehua entertainment.

* pls note some parts they muted the audio...not sure why.

And they also revealed Cai Xu Kun's grade from 1st ep, it's a A. Actually it should be the 1st A, not Li Nong's.

Abit about Chen Li Nong....

Spoiler

...think his popularity might drop....came across negative comments from chinese forums. Besides being Taiwanese made some China netizens wary....some even dug up his FB pics, instagram likes etc...and said he got gf, or like sexy girls etc....or somebody in his company got bad record etc. Personally i feel he's being targeted.

15 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Feel it is normal for everyone to have different preference. For me, i look out more to cute, sunshine-type, goofy, abit of underdog but hardworking etc.

i agree with you, everyone has different pref.  Same, I usually find myself to be attracted to the cute/sunshine and hardworking type as well.

those mainland viewers who were turned off that Nong received the first A are very narrow-minded which is absolutely unnecessary.  That kind of sensitivity from mainlanders is so extra and uncalled for.  At the end of the day, they are Chinese, speaking the same language (Mandarin). 

I quite like this song 如果你能感同我的身受 (loosely translated as If only you can feel the same as me).

It was used by the show near end of ep 2 when Lay show a clip of the trainees practicing.

Actually it's a song by Qins Entertainment, 坤音娱乐, a small company, sang by their 4 trainees who also join this show....from the oldest leader Yue Yue 岳岳 (b1992), Mu Zi Yang 木子洋 (1994), Bu Fan 卜凡 (1996) and Ling Chao 灵超 (2001). Their group is called BC221. They might not be super talented...well, so far not obvious from their performance...but their daily clips are really good to watch, can really sense their chemistry and brotherhood. Will stan and support them. 

• 2 weeks later...

i dropped this lol maybe ill pick it back up later..

After the Thai trainee showed his performance and all the mentors got so excited with his one move and even got up to dance, I was like I'm dropping this.  The mentors aren't even serious and honestly, I thought the trainee should have gotten a F based on his performance.  Given time, he can def improve. 

Give this one a chance, aside from the first episode, the editing is great, especially the 4th episode where EVERYONE was given screen time. No 'drama' editing and the mentors, especially Li RongHao, are great in their places. I watched the first episode ready to dismiss it but I grew to actually like it.

On 1/27/2018 at 4:50 AM, sugarplum892 said:

those mainland viewers who were turned off that Nong received the first A are very narrow-minded which is absolutely unnecessary.  That kind of sensitivity from mainlanders is so extra and uncalled for.  At the end of the day, they are Chinese, speaking the same language (Mandarin). 

They weren't turned off by Li Nong getting the first A (he was not), what turned them off was the report by a Taiwanese news that Li Nong was THE ONLY one who got an A and basically degrading all the other contestant (which includes other Taiwanese contestants). They also saw prove that he might be a 'tai du' (someone who wants Taiwan to be independent or thinks Taiwan is an independent country) and that he lied about his trainee days since he's already signed to his company way longer than 6 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, tried to see what other information I can find on IP and ended up here, but seeing how the OP is spewing alternative facts, I can see why it's dead in here. Mainlanders not liking Nong Nong for getting an A??? Also Thai kid did get an F if you watched past what you thought was a bunch of inexperienced judges just having a good time. 

For anyone interested in participating in a more friendly community of IP watchers, there is a lot of action over at Onehallyu or Twitter.

Archived