Details:

• Original title:  獅子王強大 / Shi Zi Wang Qiang Da
  • English title: Lion Pride
  • Episodes: 16
  • Network: TTV, LINE TV
  • Airtime: Saturdays 20:00-23:30
  • Date time: Nov 18, 2017 - Mar 24, 2018

Plot:

Two teachers hold polar opposite viewpoints about teaching and life. Wang Qiang Da (Yen Tsao) is a math teacher who approaches everything in front of him with logic and reasoning. Wang Qiang Wei (Amanda Chou) is a history teacher at the same tutoring center who cares about the love of learning and making people happy around her.

When Qiang Da and Qiang Wei are brought together by a crime, they must worktogether to get to the bottom of what happened. What will they discover about themselves in the process?

Cast:

source: mydramalist

long teaser:

preview ep8

cuts:

• 2 weeks later...

The marketing is woefully unrepresentative of this awesome show.  Initially I skipped this drama due to the terribly dull poster and synopsis but the glowing reviews on Viki and Reddit made me give it a chance.  After two episodes, I was hooked and now I can't wait for the next episode. 

This is the best Taiwanese drama that I've seen in awhile.  The cast is talented and they have great chemistry with each other.  If you're looking for something to watch, I'd recommend giving this one a shot.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm enjoying this drama. The characters are interesting and I really like the mystery and the fact that we have 2 separate lovelines. I'm a little disappointed in the kiss scenes. Frankly, I was expecting better for a TW drama, but overall liking the show. Agree with others here that it is vastly underrated. I hope more people will take a chance and watch it.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

The writer should have stuck with making a romantic drama only--making this a crime drama too just doesn't work...the writing isn't strong enough because some of the scenes are just lacking to the point of eyes rolling.  The drama begins with him helping his friend by listening to a recording--he can pin point sounds from all the background noise and can determine a location.  Yet, he 

Spoiler

can't figure out the voice of the woman he had dinner with at a lights out type of restaurant (where you eat in the dark), nor could he recognize her voice as "Dorothy" from the radio, but worse of all, he couldn't recognize "Dorothy's" voice from the lady he worked with on a daily bases.  Give me a break.  

Then the stupidest part of all of this is the fact that the lead female had dinner at a lights out restaurant when she's terrified of the dark--she becomes almost paralyzed by being in the dark due to trauma she experienced as a child.  Did the writer forget that little key part of the plot?  

The whole criminal aspect is just ridiculous.

Archived