Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Miss Hammurabi, 미스 함무라비

@0ly40

Thanks for the ep 11 clips!  

I love ep 10 and 11.  In fact, I hope more will watch this drama, even in their own country. It's such a great drama, full of learning points.   I find that L and Ara are also good at funny scenes.   :D

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jl08 said:

Im Ba Reun : "Don't you get sick of people sometimes? Don't you get sick of the world?"

"How do you never change?"

Wise man    : "Life is like the wind blowing through the branches".

Young man : "Is that really the meaning of life?"

Wise man   : "Wait".......

"Is it not so?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's such an interesting parable shared by Ba Reun's dad. The wise man has been holed up in the high mountain doing many years of meditation to find the meaning of life. He has a fixed meaning of life until someone questioned it and he began to have doubts on his own thinking.

This is so apt - "many years" refer to the senior judges fixed in their way of thinking after working for so long.

"High mountain" refers to these judges holed up in their ivory towers and lost touch with the ground. They can't see the change. They are in their own comfort zone and happy with it.

Until someone comes along and question their thinking and ways of doing things. Some young rookie judge who wants to see the world change for the better with "is it so?". She wants to give a fresh lease of life to the victims. These senior judges are shakened out of their comfort zone, like the wise man did. They are forced to rethink their archaic ways of doing things and they don't like it. Hence, "is it not so" has rocked their boat.

Thank you so much for the in-depth clarification! My initial thought was that no one really knows the meaning of life, until you've lived through it and everyone might has a different meaning. Even for the wise man that have years of meditation/experience, he does not know everything. The question of meaning of life is thrown back to the man who asks the question; he has to figure it out by himself. And there is no one right answer for 'meaning of life', it really depends how you decide to live your life and then you will know.

I think it might relate to when BR said that he has been always looking for the right answers, but OR has been searching for new answers. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@gclala

You're right, too. 

The parable is subject to different interpretations as we're all made up differently. Both the wise man and young man see life differently as one is detached from the world and one is probably overwhelmed by the change going around. :)

• Like 9

Oh my , that boy can sing like an angel :)  and our OR does not spare anyone , even the CEO got s*t from her haha .  I think I am in love with BR  " I promised to support her"  :smile:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

She is so in love with him. She can't stop looking at him (the same way he look at her).

Please writer, don't give us last 3 minutes of episode 16 with them as a couple but more.

24 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

Oh my , that boy can sing like an angel :)  and our OR does not spare anyone , even the CEO got s*t from her haha .  I think I am in love with BR  " I promised to support her"  :smile:

I like that both the CEO and BR act in a way that they are better than other people but BR trully is. They both got her back but YJ just use money when BR help her and got her back.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, MahnoorM said:

Oooh also I don't know if anyone caught this but there was a big hint dropped as to what she did at night lol.

Yess I haven’t had a chance to address our second OTP but they are so cute! I was bummed when he just had to put his foot in his mouth. But wow, I didn’t catch the hint! what’s her job? How is she able to afford car? What’s her dream job if it’s not stenographer??

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Yess I haven’t had a chance to address our second OTP but they are so cute! I was bummed when he just had to put his foot in his mouth. But wow, I didn’t catch the hint! what’s her job? How is she able to afford car? What’s her dream job if it’s not stenographer??

They gave another hint this episode so I'll just leave it to them to reveal it lol.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MahnoorM said:

They gave another hint this episode so I'll just leave it to them to reveal it lol.

Ok let the guessing begin :sweat_smile:...maybe she is the poetry writer , since the elder gentleman is her poetry professor? 

• Like 8

Lol... looks like they had so much fun! Anyone knows at 3:45, what did the guy sing that tickled L and Ara so much?

I'm glad ep 11 is not too heavy and I enjoy the fun and light moments as well. This should be an award-winning drama, seriously. It's not just a carbon copy drama like many out there that has no real message and is just entertaining the viewers. This drama gave a lot of powerful pointers that help to get by life better. :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

While waiting for Monday to come.....something sweet to go by at MH's press conference. (Am sure many have already seen this but still.....the background song is just too lovely! )  :)

credit: July Le (love her vids!)

And since we have some beautiful people taking the trouble to do MVs for this drama ....might as well enjoy it here while waiting... :D

Credit : JRUOST

Credit : JRUOST

Credit : MUSIC&NEW

Hoping that those who are browsing through the thread to decide if they should watch MH, can fall in love with this drama right here and catch the  drama soon...hehe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/27/2018 at 5:10 PM, jl08 said:

Lol... looks like they had so much fun! Anyone knows at 3:45, what did the guy sing that tickled L and Ara so much?

Big Bang - Last Farewell

Aww that actor playing Ga On is so good and charming. He should get more exposure.

Hahaha I now know uri pretty stenographer's part-time job. Yes, it pays really well. 

• Like 4

@jeijei

Hi!

Thanks for the song title by Big Bang.   :)

It's nice and the part where both guys were singing to the 3 judges at 3:36, were the lyrics:

Baby Baby Baby, it's a little awkward between us  (the orange hair guy went towards Ara)

Baby Baby Baby,  but we still love each other  (blond hair guy who used the bottle to point at them)

Maybe it's the 2 guys' dedication to the 3 judges for the happy time spent together cos the lyrics also include

"I hope we can put aside this last farewell 

Just for today"

Touching. And the judges were probably laughing cos using the bottle while singing was funny...lol.

So glad that our judges had so much fun singing, dancing and making new friends and the 3 little gals are so adorable. I can see Ara really love them. She looked tired from jumping around so much with the tambourine! L looks so cool singing and dancing in his formal attire......  :D

• Like 2

This week eps really show that you can have laws in the book but not all laws are just. There is always a limitation of the rule of law that even judges can not do anything.

OR can be emotional, but she is there to expose the existence of unjust legal system in SK.

I m happy that she has BR, judge Han and others to guide her to be a better judge. OR can have power if she wants from her rich friend, but she would use it in the wrong way. And the real problem is not whether she has power or not, but people around her who would influence her and guide her to the right path. There are corrupted judges, who use power and law for their benefits. The problem is not whether OR can have power or not, but how she uses it. And with BR and judge Han, she uses it the right way like what they do together in ep 11. Power like fire can be good or bad depending on who uses it. You can use fire to heat a family, cook or do a lot meaningful for people. At the same time, you can use fire to destroy and kill people. It s the same with power. Regardless the limited of legal system, OR has power to change people’s life. But she does not. While she does things that gets people uncomfortable (sometime, civility is used to shut up others when one wants to uphold the status quo), she has good intentions and good people around her who are willing to correct when they sense that she oversteps.

• Like 5

Waiting eagerly for tonight's ep 12....  last ep they had so much fun!  :D

Oh no...5 more episodes left?  Can we have more BTS please?  I totally love this drama and its cast! I'm so glad that they had forged a good relationship from this drama. Let's hope they stay in touch.  :)

Btw, anyone knows where to catch the drama live? 

Saw this at JTBCworldwide.com and the genre does include Romance after all. :)

• GenreRomance, Drama, Success story
  • DirectorKwak Jung-hwan
  • WriterMoon You-suk
  • CastAra, Kim Myung-soo (Infinite), Ryoo Duk-hwan

Synopsis

Miss Hammurabi, the everyday life courtroom drama with distinctly different justice departments of three people.

Park Chaoreum is a newly appointed judge who is assigned to the 44th Civil Affairs Department at the Seoul Central District. She is always on the lookout for injustice and is able to profoundly empathize with others. In order to realize a ‘Court that is strong against the strong and weak against the weak', she struggles every day in the name of justice.

Compared to her, Lim Ba-reun is cool-headed man of principle with the creed of ‘Court that is equal to all’, and he is displeased with junior judge Park Chaoreum who is overtly sympathetic when it comes to cases. They collide constantly and experience conflicts, but Lim Ba-reun soon discovers himself worrying about and caring for Park Chaoreum.

The two newly appointed judges find their feelings turn from friendship and concern to mutually heart-fluttering emotions. Additionally, super realist Chief Judge Han Se-sang forms the core among the young judges with his years of experience and creates a justice department with earnestness.

Second part hints at yet another crisis but "it's alright"....I bet they'll all pull through. :D

• Like 3

OMG. No kiss yet but I love this scene between Ba Reun and O Reum so much! L and Ara rock!! Their love story is slow and beautiful. O Reum is as good as confessing to him since she said it's ok to trouble her.....pity that Ba Reun is drunk! I'm so glad that it's not the immediate mutual love but this is so much more beautiful....

Can't get enough of this lovely couple. I can't deny that it's their romance that draws me into this drama as well!   :D

• Like 5