[Drama 2018] Miss Hammurabi, 미스 함무라비

0ly40

43 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Yess I haven’t had a chance to address our second OTP but they are so cute! I was bummed when he just had to put his foot in his mouth. But wow, I didn’t catch the hint! what’s her job? How is she able to afford car? What’s her dream job if it’s not stenographer??

They gave another hint this episode so I'll just leave it to them to reveal it lol.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MahnoorM said:

They gave another hint this episode so I'll just leave it to them to reveal it lol.

Ok let the guessing begin :sweat_smile:...maybe she is the poetry writer , since the elder gentleman is her poetry professor? 

Lol... looks like they had so much fun! Anyone knows at 3:45, what did the guy sing that tickled L and Ara so much?

I'm glad ep 11 is not too heavy and I enjoy the fun and light moments as well. This should be an award-winning drama, seriously. It's not just a carbon copy drama like many out there that has no real message and is just entertaining the viewers. This drama gave a lot of powerful pointers that help to get by life better. :)

While waiting for Monday to come.....something sweet to go by at MH's press conference. (Am sure many have already seen this but still.....the background song is just too lovely! )  :)

credit: July Le (love her vids!)

And since we have some beautiful people taking the trouble to do MVs for this drama ....might as well enjoy it here while waiting... :D

Credit : JRUOST

Credit : JRUOST

Credit : MUSIC&NEW

Hoping that those who are browsing through the thread to decide if they should watch MH, can fall in love with this drama right here and catch the  drama soon...hehe

On 6/27/2018 at 5:10 PM, jl08 said:

Lol... looks like they had so much fun! Anyone knows at 3:45, what did the guy sing that tickled L and Ara so much?

Big Bang - Last Farewell

Aww that actor playing Ga On is so good and charming. He should get more exposure.

Hahaha I now know uri pretty stenographer's part-time job. Yes, it pays really well. 

@jeijei

Hi!

Thanks for the song title by Big Bang.   :)

It's nice and the part where both guys were singing to the 3 judges at 3:36, were the lyrics:

Baby Baby Baby, it's a little awkward between us  (the orange hair guy went towards Ara)

Baby Baby Baby,  but we still love each other  (blond hair guy who used the bottle to point at them)

Maybe it's the 2 guys' dedication to the 3 judges for the happy time spent together cos the lyrics also include

"I hope we can put aside this last farewell 

Just for today"

Touching. And the judges were probably laughing cos using the bottle while singing was funny...lol.

So glad that our judges had so much fun singing, dancing and making new friends and the 3 little gals are so adorable. I can see Ara really love them. She looked tired from jumping around so much with the tambourine! L looks so cool singing and dancing in his formal attire......  :D

This week eps really show that you can have laws in the book but not all laws are just. There is always a limitation of the rule of law that even judges can not do anything.

OR can be emotional, but she is there to expose the existence of unjust legal system in SK.

I m happy that she has BR, judge Han and others to guide her to be a better judge. OR can have power if she wants from her rich friend, but she would use it in the wrong way. And the real problem is not whether she has power or not, but people around her who would influence her and guide her to the right path. There are corrupted judges, who use power and law for their benefits. The problem is not whether OR can have power or not, but how she uses it. And with BR and judge Han, she uses it the right way like what they do together in ep 11. Power like fire can be good or bad depending on who uses it. You can use fire to heat a family, cook or do a lot meaningful for people. At the same time, you can use fire to destroy and kill people. It s the same with power. Regardless the limited of legal system, OR has power to change people’s life. But she does not. While she does things that gets people uncomfortable (sometime, civility is used to shut up others when one wants to uphold the status quo), she has good intentions and good people around her who are willing to correct when they sense that she oversteps.

Waiting eagerly for tonight's ep 12....  last ep they had so much fun!  :D

Oh no...5 more episodes left?  Can we have more BTS please?  I totally love this drama and its cast! I'm so glad that they had forged a good relationship from this drama. Let's hope they stay in touch.  :)

Btw, anyone knows where to catch the drama live? 

Saw this at JTBCworldwide.com and the genre does include Romance after all. :)

• GenreRomance, Drama, Success story
  • DirectorKwak Jung-hwan
  • WriterMoon You-suk
  • CastAra, Kim Myung-soo (Infinite), Ryoo Duk-hwan

Synopsis

Miss Hammurabi, the everyday life courtroom drama with distinctly different justice departments of three people.

Park Chaoreum is a newly appointed judge who is assigned to the 44th Civil Affairs Department at the Seoul Central District. She is always on the lookout for injustice and is able to profoundly empathize with others. In order to realize a ‘Court that is strong against the strong and weak against the weak', she struggles every day in the name of justice.

Compared to her, Lim Ba-reun is cool-headed man of principle with the creed of ‘Court that is equal to all’, and he is displeased with junior judge Park Chaoreum who is overtly sympathetic when it comes to cases. They collide constantly and experience conflicts, but Lim Ba-reun soon discovers himself worrying about and caring for Park Chaoreum.

The two newly appointed judges find their feelings turn from friendship and concern to mutually heart-fluttering emotions. Additionally, super realist Chief Judge Han Se-sang forms the core among the young judges with his years of experience and creates a justice department with earnestness.

Second part hints at yet another crisis but "it's alright"....I bet they'll all pull through. :D

OMG. No kiss yet but I love this scene between Ba Reun and O Reum so much! L and Ara rock!! Their love story is slow and beautiful. O Reum is as good as confessing to him since she said it's ok to trouble her.....pity that Ba Reun is drunk! I'm so glad that it's not the immediate mutual love but this is so much more beautiful....

Can't get enough of this lovely couple. I can't deny that it's their romance that draws me into this drama as well!   :D

I know this is a legal drama but I can't help feeling disappointed about the progress of our two main leads. It's so slow even worse than turtles pace. And when we do get a cute moment, they jump back to a heavy court case. It's so frustrating for shippers. Feels like the producers are feeding crumbs. Lol. I have myself to blame for shipping them so deeply when I knew this drama won't fulfill my hopes. By the looks of it, we will only get that bicycle scene in the last couple of seconds in the finale. It sucks. Wish we can do a Rom com and put those two in it. 

Aside of shipping, the cases are interesting. Both Ara and MS are portraying their emotions very realistically without overreacting. Hope to see them in the finale as expert judges helping newbies. 

I am just glad that there are judges like this :thumbsup:..at least my hope for humanity was improved by this drama. When they decide to show us their "devotion" lol i will support them with my awwww  since both OR and BR deserve our utmost respect and support :)

11 hours ago, blossomz said:

I know this is a legal drama but I can't help feeling disappointed about the progress of our two main leads. It's so slow even worse than turtles pace. And when we do get a cute moment, they jump back to a heavy court case. It's so frustrating for shippers. Feels like the producers are feeding crumbs. Lol. I have myself to blame for shipping them so deeply when I knew this drama won't fulfill my hopes. By the looks of it, we will only get that bicycle scene in the last couple of seconds in the finale. It sucks. Wish we can do a Rom com and put those two in it.

I know where you're coming from. The success of this drama is not just the realistic script, credit must definitely go to L and Ara for  portraying their characters so damn well that we get sucked into their disagreement and their camaraderie and now their falling in love with each other. I would love to see their love getting more intense, despite it being a legal drama but jtbc worldwide website includes romance as its genre too, but we're not getting the real romance deal with Ba Reun and O Reum...lol. It's ep 12. 4 more to go.

I think the PD doesn't give much attention to the lovey dovey of our lead couple. Instead, the second lead is given the kiss scene. Good for them...

Yes, you're right. Just when there's a bit of adorable cuteness from both of them in their interactions, there is no follow-up like I said before. The PD did not capitalise on their progress and jump to the court cases and the drama gets kinda heavy after a while. No matter what, romance takes the heaviness out of this daily court issues and brings sunshine and light moments to balance the story. 

I also wish that L and Ara can co-star in a rom com together and we'll see more of their lovey dovey. It's such a pity that these 2 beautiful actors are not given the time to showcase their love progress more quickly so it looks like we'll miss out on those beautiful intimacy that one can expect from kdramaland.

A pity.

Because L and Ara is also the main reason why many international fans are catching this drama, as you can see from the various website comments (intensive discussions) and youtube comments, many want to see Ba Reun and O Reum love progress to a comfortable level of intimacy by now.

Where the seriousness of the court matters hangs heavily in the air, romance takes the sadness and stress out of the drama and leaves you feeling good at the end of the day.  :)

If it's any tiny consolation, their bts interactions is definitely more palpable and adorable than their screen 'romance' which is minimal, that's why I love the last part of ep 12 because at least I get to see them holding on to each other on the steps! :D

Yup. Crumbs. Lol...

Blah I am also disappointed how there’s been lack of love line development lately with only so little eps left. That said, why was BR so upset after seeing the news about a five year verdict that he drank himself to throw up??

@philosophie, I too would like to hear the opinions of others on their interpretation of why BR drank himself into a stupor and then utterly broke down. Perhaps he felt that he was too harsh in his judgment on the alcoholic elderly man especially after seeing the five year verdict for a rich businessman who embezzled billions of won from his company.

In my opinion, BR doesn’t need to beat himself up about it because even if the rich guy’s sentence did not fit his crime, it’s not like BR was the one who gave it to him. If BR and Judge Han felt that the sentence they gave was fair when they gave it, I don’t know why he should let the presumable unfair sentence of another judge for a rich man undermine his reasoning for giving his sentence in the case of the alcoholic man. 

Quite frankly I would be curious to know what would be the private opinions of BR and OR on the case of a drunk and homeless person who hit a young career woman on the head with a rock while she was waiting to cross the street and she suffered significant brain damage. Who is the strong and who is the weak in this case? 

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@philosophie, I too would like to hear the opinions of others on their interpretation of why BR drank himself into a stupor and then utterly broke down. Perhaps he felt that he was too harsh in his judgment on the alcoholic elderly man especially after seeing the five year verdict for a rich businessman who embezzled billions of won from his company.

In my opinion, BR doesn’t need to beat himself up about it because even if the rich guy’s sentence did not fit his crime, it’s not like BR was the one who gave it to him. If BR and Judge Han felt that the sentence they gave was fair when they gave it, I don’t know why he should let the presumable unfair sentence of another judge for a rich man undermine his reasoning for giving his sentence in the case of the alcoholic man. 

Quite frankly I would be curious to know what would be the private opinions of BR and OR on the case of a drunk and homeless person who hit a young career woman on the head with a rock while she was waiting to cross the street and she suffered significant brain damage. Who is the strong and who is the weak in this case?

Because unlike COR, he believe that everybody should be treated equally by the legal system and not the powerless more than those with power (the truth is that those with power don't have to fear mutch in korea) and even if he truly get to understand the old man life, in the end it was pointless because another judge destroy his work.

When he saw the news , he feel like the system is truly broken and what he does (it was his childhood dream to be a judge and a job he love) is pointless.

The worst part is that the journalist kind of say that the verdict is harsh were a guy who get years in jail for a lesser crime was thanking them.

Archived