0ly40

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, xyr enc said:

Episode 2 Ratings:

Seoul - 5.201/0.644 Million Viewers

Nationwide - 4.553/1.124 Million Viewers

This drama really deserves it. I'm happy for them. I didn't know what to expect but I just checked it out for L. Didn't really figure this drama would be so awesome.  I'm still teary-eyed from the ending tonight. I feel like I could watch another hour. (it seems like it ended too quick:() Go Ara is just slaying it. 

@alekaonudragonhiplz.gif?1 I'm happy your watching this one too

3 hours ago, xyr enc said:

Episode 2 Ratings:

Seoul - 5.201/0.644 Million Viewers

Nationwide - 4.553/1.124 Million Viewers

And its 9:30 PM repeat had defeated tvN's About Time (2.219 vs 2.103)

wow! really good ratings considering the timeslot and it's on a cable channel. what's the highest rated jtbc drama? is it swdbs? just thinking that at this rate, this drama might come close or even get higher ratings than that one. crossing my fingers that this drama doesn't fizzle out like black in the second half.

i was initially thinking of binge watching this after its run and follow about time while it's airing. however, based from the reviews, it looks like i'll do it the other way around or just drop about time completely. i'll have to catch up on eps 1 and 2 over the weekend and go from there.

1 hour ago, jjoy84 said:

wow! really good ratings considering the timeslot and it's on a cable channel. what's the highest rated jtbc drama? is it swdbs? just thinking that at this rate, this drama might come close or even get higher ratings than that one. crossing my fingers that this drama doesn't fizzle out like black in the second half.

i was initially thinking of binge watching this after its run and follow about time while it's airing. however, based from the reviews, it looks like i'll do it the other way around or just drop about time completely. i'll have to catch up on eps 1 and 2 over the weekend and go from there.

JTBC'S highest rating drama is Woman of Dignity with 12%.

But so far, Miss Hammurabi is the highest rating drama among their three Monday/Tuesday dramas aired in that slot.

1 hour ago, xyr enc said:

But so far, Miss Hammurabi is the highest rating drama among their three Monday/Tuesday dramas aired in that slot.

im watching 4 out of the 5 dramas for the Mon/Tue timeslots lol :tongue: right now i dunno which to choose as the best.. MTWM or Miss Hammurabi..

I'm really happy for the drama! The rating for ep 2 is really impressive and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it to hit higher and higher, based on the emotions running high, the judges' decisions and hopefully, the romance element won't be neglected. It's a whole package deal that attracts the viewers.

Can't wait for the next episodes!!  Miss Hammurabi fighting!  :)

Btw, anyone knows where to watch the Eng sub episodes? Thanks in advance!

@nablack

I agree with you that this drama is daebak! It's so realistic and exciting!

4 hours ago, xyr enc said:

thanks! i forgot about Woman of Dignity (or likely associated it with tvn for some reason). great for Miss Hammurabi that it's doing so well. hope the ratings will get even higher in future episodes.

[Miss Hammurabi Roundup] Episode 1 + 2

0000857147_001_20180522124616585.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-22%2Bat%2B11.58.
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-22%2Bat%2B11.58.

1. [+1021, -31] Ah it's fun, when will tomorrow come

2. [+505, -48] Instead of Go Ara's character, Kim Myung Soo's character is more realistic and I like it, I had a good time watching it and I'm looking forward to future episodes 

3. [+367, -12] I was just going to watch a little bit but I ended up watching it until the end ㅋㅋ it's immersive and fun 

4. [+311, -5] I don't know if it's because an actual judge wrote the drama but it feels realistic. It's not too heavy and it's funny too so I like it. These days, there's too many heavy dramas 

5. [+502, -203] Kim Myung Soo's visuals are god-sent, seriously how is he like a statue/sculpture,, This is my first time seeing someone handsome after Jang Dong Gunㅡ,,

6. [+153, -10] Daebak there isn't any acting hole, I didn't think that L and Go Ara would be this good, the plot is also good, I'm looking forward it 

Spoiler

YI991xQlQ7SP4JkOUWGMoHXDiihY61tWl36m74gR

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-22%2Bat%2B12.28.
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-22%2Bat%2B12.28.

1. [+763, -15] Seriously it was a frustrating anger...Looking forward to the next episode 

2. [+561, -3(This comment just talks about the importance of communication and how the commenter thinks Go Ara's character and the drama is trying to fix communication issues)

3. [+400, -15] I was looking forward to it because yesterday's episode was funny but today was funny and touching ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I know just listening like that is hard in real life but just seeing a judge like that in a drama it felt like even I was getting comforted, this drama is really good ^^

4. [+259, -6] I like it ㅠㅠㅠ Park Cha Oh Reum, Im Ba Reun's life.. I really like the characters 

5. [+155, -4] I feel like the next episode is going to be good too!!! I like that a watchable drama appeared after a while       

cr

@sadthe1st

Thanks!

I found it here : http://www1.newasiantv.co/watch/miss-hammurabi-episode-2-engsub.4472.84552.html

After watching in Eng sub, the drama feels even better and more realistic and there's so much feel in the court cases and the judges' decision. While L represents the usual judge's persona of believing in policies and procedures, which brings sanity to the judges' lives, Go Ara is the epitome of the much-needed compassion that is needed to bring justice to the real victims.

A good balance is needed to make judgements that would minimize grievances  to the victims and punish the guilty versus the race against time to handle the backlog and difficulty in deciphering the right and the wrong.

This drama is definitely thumbs up for me and I'm pleasantly surprised by Ara's and L's dynamics in making the situations so realistic and emotional. They complement each other in their respective roles and the result is one of a high quality drama that holds viewers' interest to the end - it's not enough each time!  :)

Can't wait for the next episodes!

@nablack @chatterbox22

I'm seriously intrigued by O Reum's character now. I didn't think it's possible about them having twin characters but looking at the now O Reum visiting her mum who seems mentally challenged and looking at the video of a young girl playing the piano makes me wonder if the real O Reum took her own life after the trauma and that's why her mum lost her sanity and maybe thought that girl was her daughter? And that's why the present O Reum asked Ba Reun how different was she from the student she was? Why would she not know? Unless perhaps she's like what @nablack suggested - twins.

At the same time, the present O Reum seemed able to outrightly defend herself like in the subway she was mad at the old guy for touching her and resorted to self-defence. Could it be a second theory that the O Reum who hated piano lessons for some reasons eventually sought help to overcome her trauma and learnt self-defence? Yet how could she not remember how she was? But she remembers Ba Reun from school days? It's kinda intriguing...

Maybe O Reum became a judge and is so bent on saving the victims because herself/her twin was a victim who suffered in silence and ended up with drastic consequences?

I welcome theories on O Reum's background mystery...

The suspense is palpable! :)

@alekaonu Thanks for the recommendation!! 

This drama hadn't caught my attention but I got hooked right away because of the main protagonists. Actually, I don't find IBR arrogant because if he were, he would always mention his good grades aso. However, it is the other way around. Either people keep pointing out his records or ask about his grades which shows that his success has caught their attention (annoyance, jealousy, admiration, aso). The injustice he felt when he was young let him become someone who was emotionally detached. If he had not done it, he would have resented the world even more in my opinion. The father was so upset and hurt that he put all his frustration into IBR's future. By becoming a judge, IBR realized his father's wish and dream. That way, the father had the impression that the injustice had somehow been repaired. Nevertheless, IBR has always been interested in justice since his favourite book is "to kill a mockingbird". He still reads the book. He has a soft spot for OH. She was his first and only love and was not able to show more his feelings for her. IBR shows great qualities other than his righteouness, intelligence and his rationality: helping people without them knowing it or even recognizing his own mistake. Thanks to OH, he learnt his lesson but he was not upset for being wrong. He is in the end quite caring without showing it.

Hello everyone!

Just caught up with the premiere... Loving it so far! Go Ara is so funny and L.. omg..he is So young and good looking that I felt it's illegal to like him. Lol

Can't wait for the next episode!

So far I liked the first episode but nodding off on the 2nd.  I think O Reum is a bit too green and naive to be believable even as a newbie judge.  She doesn't seem to grasp basic courtroom behavior, how can that be?  And she is such a bleeding heart and easily duped. Difficult to swallow.  Well yeah, I am not enjoying this - will turn off now.  Sorry for being a grouch

2441.png?w=148&h=150

ep2 is all funny and heartwarming..

funny.. cos of L’s puppylove haha i cant stop giggling at the tennis game scene, like get hit silly twice :lol: maybe i should pick up tennis soon and pull the same stunt to block the tennis balls for cute oppas -_-

heartwarming.. chief judge han was trying to keep a straight face when he was clearly touched. the flashback to 20yrs ago where his mentor gave him an advice to learn to listen before giving his judgment.. he can see it thru oh reum ^_^

ok im back to searching for some tennis classes lol

@sadthe1st

Lol...happy tennis searching! I found it heart-warming that Ba Reun unhesitatingly took the blow for O Reum. He must have really felt deeply for her even after all those years. I love that scene a lot! :)

Btw,I thoroughly enjoyed both episodes and both Ara and L executed their roles superbly. There were funny and touching moments.

I really like L in this character. He is so adorably logical yet soft at times. Just look at how he showed his concern when O Reum had nose bleeding. It's just his clumsy way of showing his concern by ticking her off for working late often. I found it touching actually. :)

O Reum fumbled as a fresh new judge. It's understandable. Don't forget she came later than Ba Reun. We don't really know how other fresh judges perform on their first time, do we?  And it's alright to show compassion, whatever 'bleeding' heart one feels. It does not mean that you're a judge you become inhuman right? Precisely we need the court to consider all the details before making a decision.

Btw too, does anyone know that beautiful English song that was playing in the background when O Reum and L were sitting on the school bench and she told him about her piano teacher doing things to her? It is such a lovely and right song for that moment.  I don't think it's an OST but it's so nice! I've been playing that scene a few times cos it's so touching and that was the last Ba Reun saw of O Reum.

i do agree that maybe she had suffer alot in her past. Bad thing happen to Her family. Her mother become mentally sick. her mother must be had terrifing experience. And the way she look the video so lovingly, make me confuse. Why she cant recognize oreum face, but music and piano remaind her something. DO they really Twins sister ???

Or maybe, they living apart?????

Havent see each?????

Kyaaaaa !!!?!!??

now i just thingking that what makes her so different in present and become so ambisous to help people and make things right because she wants to prove or under cover something about her past.

Working overhard about anything. This kind of caracter remainds me with her previous drama, but oreum a bit cute now.  Owwhh i miss them already.:wub:

Butt its just my point of view. Lets see the next clips chingu! 

Cant wait for next week :bawling: 

The rating was awsome guys!!!!!! :D:D:heart:

i think its a nursing home.. could be something happened to her family like maybe her dad passed away? during the ep1 it seems like oh reum came from a very good family with a chauffeur to drive a pretty luxurious car to come pick her up from school..

@jl08 for the song, let me try replay that bit and see if i can pick it up haha im not good with piano n classical music lol

sadthe1st

I think your guess is a good one. The mum seems to be in a nursing home and her wealth seemed to be gone too. Her dad is nowhere in sight.

I just wonder what happened to O Reum when she had to ask Ba Reun how was she like in school. Why can't she remember? Did she went through some life-threatening situation and 'erased' some memories cos she could still remember Ba Reun from her school..intriguing right?

You play the piano? Wow! hehe....maybe you can try to figure out and let us know? 

Thanks!  :)

Archived