[Drama 2018] Miss Hammurabi, 미스 함무라비

0ly40

6 hours ago, jl08 said:

I guess that Yong Jung CEO must have strategized the entire machinery to make O Reum a scapegoat by abusing his enormous power. It's so painful to see Ba Reun going down on his knees. That CEO should be roasted...lol.

Wow, so he was just using his childhood friend, poor OR  that really has to hurt. Ceo Jung is a total  Richard Simmonsdragonmadplz.gif?1  Thanks for the mini recap, @Ayame Thanks for the preview :love:I needed to see that to know it's safe to watch tonite.

@yusefull It looks like a kiss to me:P

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yusefull said:

P.S. :It is me or in the end of the preview she jump to kiss him ? I just hope that if it's the case, she don't do it before leaving.

It's a kiss too, I think. Maybe on the check or so it seems. Well, if she's really leaving, Ba Reun is going with her cause he just said that he'll go with her wherever she goes^^. The letter she was holding was his resignation too.

Oh, I hope 15 is not the last episode since the ones they're wearing at that last scene on the preview, I believe, was the one they were wearing on their last filming BTS. I know this is supposed to be 16 eps.

OR is so beaten in this episode. Her so called douchy friend, YJ is lousy and manipulative and she looks like she's giving up the fight. BR is too perfect. That's the only unrealistic part of this drama cause there's not alot of these guys in the real world. 

Aww... It's going to be a "cheeky" kissu. Cause the producer loves the innocence and seems to enjoys the endless torture for any shipper. Even the birds in the background are getting more action than these two. The irony. Classic. 

I love ep 14. It's full of self-questioning and touching moments. The doubts got so bad that O Reum, a chirpy confident young judge, found her world crumbling down when the victim changed her testimony. What hit her most was the fact that the defendant nearly took his own life. That's a big issue and least expected.

But is it O Reum's fault? Her recommendation was done based on the victim's and witness's account. If the victim now commits perjury of the court, it's not the judge's fault. The thing is - the outcome of the second trial has shakened O Reum's belief that the weak needs protection because she has the tendency to start the trial biased against the powerful and wealthy. Judge Han had pointed that out to her before. She's blaming herself harshly for being bias. 

The whole scam masterminded by YJ CEO left a bitter taste in the mouth. It's disgusting to see what power can do to people and harm them and shred their dignity to the core, like what happened to Ba Reun who was forced to go down on his knees. It's such a shame when one abuses his power so enormously, and let his personal jealousy overwhelmed him. No matter that O Reum is his childhood friend. Like Ba Reun said, YJ is the lion that eats the deer, and seek sympathy at that too! Even the court can't stop the abuse of power but they're even thinking of saving themselves by offering a scapegoat! So the excuse to continue with O Reum's disciplinary action.

Ba Reun - an out-of-this-world guy who will do whatever he can to help his beloved O Reum. He's prepared to resign from the job that he loves and needs to support his family. He was ready to sacrifice his pride when he went down on his knees for the woman he loves. He fights for her in his own way. He may not know how to show it or he's reticent with his emotions but when it comes to the crux, what he does for her is beyond ordinary. His quiet strength is what made O Reum fell in love with him. She motivates him to reflect on himself to change for the better. They're as opposite as their true personalities in reality...

O Reum - a strong woman full of passion and drive with bias for the poor and weaker beings. In that one moment, when she rejected YJ's call for help for his brother-in-law (the defendant), she would never dream that he would be so vindictive against her. She was too shakened to see that the whole case was manipulated by him when Ba Reum tried to tell her that someone was influencing the outcome. O Reum's loss of confidence stemmed from her previous case of reporting the corrupted friendly judge and getting him convicted and she was ridiculed and blamed by the other judges for being too harsh. With this latest attempted suicide case, it's too much for her. 

Beyond all the messed up judicial system and its  injustice towards the less fortunate beings lies a beautiful love story that strikes a chord deeply, for me at least, that after every storm there is a rainbow. 

All that O Reum needed at that moment from Ba Reun.....was comfort in his hug. A beautiful, meaningful and warm hug. No matter how disillusioned both were with the judicial system, at least they derive strength from each other and found love.

I say whether they end up together or not BR will still be poor and O Reum will still have debts and a sick mother? No wonder parental opposition is not a plot point.

Man that is or will be a realistic end to a somewhat realistic drama. The OTP will not suddenly end up rich.

When lips met lips for our 2 young judges...after all the hardship they went through...well, even if it's only a peck from one to another....it's fine..can't expect much at this stage...lol.

I like O Reum crying in Ba Reun's arms..

I guess for O Reum and Ba Reun love is something they couldn't afford till now. Maybe that's why they came across as awkward during the kiss. I guess Ba Reun didn't see it coming and that's why he was so shocked. It's something new for  both of them. Actually even if it was just a peck from O Reum, don't you think that it was a big step for her? She overcame her fear of getting close to man in that way.  I am really proud of her. And it was so lovely that they started something together in the same place they parted their ways 12 years ago. It was really meaningful. I cried from happines during the scene when O Reum' s mother came back, said her name and hugged her precious daughter fully aware who she is. It was simply beautiful.

Im watching Episode 15 right now and felt so sad that this drama is ending next week :tears: plus all your analysis is making me tear up too :tears: Isn't it so heart fluttering that 12 years ago Judge Im cant do anything much when his first love told him about her bad experience with the piano teacher and she suddenly disappeared and now 12 years after shes gonna disappear from his side again :tears:

Dont wanna spoil here but its really an emotional episode where Judge Im opened up so much to Judge Park.

I dont think ill be needing a season 2 for this but I am wishing for a good ending. Hope the writer wont make me cry in the end or) else ill sue..(lmao as if I can do that towards a writer whos also a judge :D) but really hoping for a proper and good ending.

2 hours ago, chatterbox22 said:

Actually even if it was just a peck from O Reum, don't you think that it was a big step for her? She overcame her fear of getting close to man in that way. 

Agree that it's a huge step for O Reum to make the move to kiss Ba Reun. I'm glad that she has the courage to love him after her past sexual harassment experience. Ba Reun did not see that kiss coming and I like the gentle way that O Reum approached him, glancing at his lips before closing her eyes to kiss him. That moment is so beautiful.

Did I say that I like Ba Reun taking the initiative to hold (grab actually) O Reum's hand? They look so happy holding hands.  :D

I've always found their love for each other to be so precious because it started from high school and Ba Reun has treasured his first love till now. He really amazes me with his dedication to the woman he loves. And now their first kiss is at the place where they left each other. It's very meaningful and precious. It's like time stood still for them. I'm glad that Ba Reun finally told O Reum about his family. It's another milestone for them.

Im Ba Reun is a character that I'll never forget for his courage to change his thinking, to fight for his woman and to stay true to her for as long as time stood still. And O Reum is the woman who changed him and she's so blessed to be the woman that he loves. 

Han Se Sang...Sung Dong Il  slays it in this episode ...i was so into OR and BR ..but the supporting cast and the Presiding judge deserve almost equal kudos for staying in the rain with the young ones :)    How did that piece of s..* end up as Sr judge and everyone kissing his fat a$$    K drama or not , i really hope that Korea is not like this ..literally killing their young to satisfy  old demented men.

The writer is good. I have never felt so sorry in my life that decent human beings are losing. They always do in a Kdrama but man this writer is mean... he makes it so realistic. His characters are well fleshed out. It would be worse if he based it on colleagues he knows. I have never felt so sorry for judges in my life. I already respected the ones I know in SK but it seriously sucks if that is their reality.

This is the ultimate romantic drama for our times, when the news is constantly filled with stories of men who abuse women.

Park Cha Oh-reum is that woman, who has seen and survived some of the worst that men can dish out -- an abusive father, an abusive teacher, abusive clientele. Her mother and aunties have all experienced beatings and betrayals by men. But instead of being defeated by all of these experiences, Oh-reum decides to become an active force for good. In her armor of high-necked tops, long-skirts and trousers, trench-coats, and flats, Oh -reum is battle-ready. She speaks up in public, and she becomes a judge. 

In her search for justice at the courthouse, Oh-reum finds healing. She faces numerous challenges, some of her own making from being an overzealous rookie, and some because of institutional misogyny. But she doesn't have to face these alone, because she has the backing of Senior Judge Han Se-sang and Right Associate Judge Im Ba-reun.

Judge Han is the father figure Oh-reum never had. He is gruff and yells a lot, but he gives her opportunity and leeway to explore cases, he mentors her, and he supports her when it most counts in her efforts to tackle sexism and corruption. He also employs strong women as his stenographer, clerk, and court security officer. Of course he does, because he is the father of two teenaged girls who mean the world to him. 

Im Ba-Reun is the kind of man who can win a wounded woman's heart. It's not because he's perfect. Far from it. It's because he respects himself and he respects women. He is too principled to take a job or marry just for money. He regards his mother as the head of his household -- whatever the official registry says -- because she was the one who took responsibility for their family. He is drawn to Oh-reum's soul, her strength and fragility, not just her outward appearance. He is self-assured enough to challenge his own worldview by thoughtfully considering seriously her diametrically-opposed views. His instinct is always, always to support the women he loves, and Ba-reun loves Oh-reum without expectation, or demand, or reserve. He deserves her trust. As Lee Do-yeon explained, when a woman feels a man is safe, then she is willing to go on an adventure with him.

Writer Judge Moon Yoo-seok, director  Kwak Jung-hwan, and the production team deserve tremendous credit for bringing to life this story, with its rich and complex themes, and its deep romance.

The actors, too, deserve praise for choosing this project. Go Ara, Sung Dong-il, and Kim Myung-soo, in particular, are attractive, popular entertainers with significant fan bases. The ideas they sponsor -- even through the dialogue of fictional characters -- can have far-reaching effects. Ba-reun was moved to action when he saw young men at a club about to take advantage of a woman they got extremely drunk. He confronted them: What kind of a man "does things on his own to someone else's body"? What kind of a man enjoys an encounter with a stranger who has not consented?

May every Inspirit be influenced by Ba-reun's words and example. And may every Oh-reum who watches this show smile like crazy with the hope that somewhere out there, maybe sitting just to her left, is her own Ba-reun.

It would be interesting if during the hearing, the past finally caught the presiding judge Sung Gong Choong. So far, he had been protected by the principal manager: not only for the miscarriage but also for the plagiarism. But at the end of the episode 15, SGC revealed his true personality: his arrogance and his ruthlessness.  I was glad that Han Se Sang got really mad and spoke his mind in front of the manager principal. HSS even has no idea that SGC stole IBR's idea. I guess, it would be great if all the judges turned their back on SGC at the end who thought that once has climbed up a little higher, he will be invincible. In the past, he used the support from the other presiding judges in order to outcast OR, yet I have the impression that they could realize that SGC used them for his own benefit and he in reality betrayed them. 

Finally, OR knows IBR's past and childhood and her reaction didn't surprise me at all. She finally realizes that she had been mistaken all along. Seeing IBR playing the song she played made her realize that IBR has loved her for so long. In my opinion, there is a reason why OR could never fall in love with MYJ. She said that she hated power and she wanted to become a judge in order to get power and protect herself. Since she saw her powerful father beating her mother, she connected power with men. Deep down, she knew that MYJ was powerful, she feared him instinctively and she was right. Married to him, she would have become dependent of his will and opinion. He was displeased with the judgement, he decided to "punish" her. In the end, he was not different from her father. He abused his position. However, little by little OR was able to distinguish that power is not always linked to men through IBR. The more she was harrassed, the more upset IBR got. She could witness that IBR felt powerless to protect. IBR's tour even reveals her that she had been mistaken all along. IBR came from a rather poor environment and he was not different from her in the end: his education was just a way to become powerful too (materialistic speaking). 

@lara2018 raccoonWelcome to this forum and this thread. cheerleader pink mouseI really enjoyed reading your first post. crazy monkey

Archived