[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋

sugarplum892

On 6/9/2018 at 2:34 PM, zoeraindasher said:

Watching the you-know-what part of Ep 21 now. feels a bit awkward watching such a sexy scene with my dad in the same space. LOL.

Hide contents

btw, Helan's exhausted and weak but he still has enough energy to perform? Wow, his stamina is enviable. He was sweating and cold.. and all of a sudden, he's not cold anymore? HAHAHAHAA.

Sickness or weakness flee aways once it come to that side for guys. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE0JL6sCw4bCj-KLAvyjBromantic-love-art-the-love-knot-by-sharoimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqo-MA-_QI8GkjfRqgQAq

I'm not sure why I didn't jump on this drama when it started probably because my cup runneth over from already watching to many and falling behind on most of them.  Still this weekend I decided in having some time to myself to try it.  What an amazing surprise it's mixture of fantasy, romance and imagination made the first 10 episodes so rewarding to watch.  It's not just the great chemistry between the OTP which I might say is pretty dreamy!!   It's  also the relationships that surround this couple and their story that make it even more interesting...

Still there is a humanistic view that we are able to see within the writing and acting.  That somehow touches you in ways you didn't expect.  So moving seeing the way in which fear is turned into warmth and one that feels lost can through anothers caring and protecting can be found.  I guess I should thank Walt Disney for giving me stories as a child that moved my heart into accepting fantasy and even magic within romance.  Into believing anything is possible if only you believe and when you wish upon a star your dreams just might come true...

That's why this drama and it's love story are so tender and beautiful to watch.  Just the idea of someone waiting more than one lifetime in wanting for just another chance to love you once more.  Knowing it's so close you can taste it but never being able to hold onto it for long.  I don't know what's going to happen and forgive me I haven't read this threads posts yet but I will.  I just am one of those who loves to be surprised and so I will continue on and enjoy every episode until the end...

Most likely I won't be able to catch up with most of you but I just wanted to say.  I look forward to reading your comments while I am watching it along the way.   Hoping there is an amazing ending for all of us and a Happily Ever After too!!!:wub:

My very best to all of you:heart:

@USAFarmgirl Glad that you also found this drama and liked it. I myself was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be such a nice and engaging romantic fantasy story. I was doubtful at first, when the voice over at the beginning of each episode would tell the lore of the alien fox race. “So lame,” I thought. “Have they run out of interesting stories to tell? Aliens + Fox ... zzz “ But He Lan Da Ren soon won me over with his earnest sincerity, the young actor and actress who played the younger versions were adorable, Xiao Ju and her interactions with the 2 guys were cute, and provided most of the laughs. Very memorable drama for me, short and sweet, and will certainly stay in my mind for a while ...

@omiki Thank you so much for the encouraging words and thoughts...  You know it's those dramas that I often skip and sometimes go back to for what ever reasons.  Only to discover how amazing they are and how thankful I am that I went back...  Just look at what I almost missed...

54646818-8f67-4e91-af39-b33bc0c68830.jpg 

While watching episode 12 I entered the ROMANTIC ZONE...:wub:

With these words that I will quote because they are worth remembering...

Sometimes...

There are special moments in life...

That are unforgettable.

Perhaps it's just a smile or a hug...

It could also be when your eyes meet.

But the moment comes so suddenly.

Just like an ordinary moment in life...

There's no way in knowing in advance. 

But when the time comes...

We'll know that everything is predestined."  (The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love}

( Sealed with a kiss... That could be felt by all those within this Fox's story and by all of us who saw it too. )

@USAFarmgirl: Your sweet words softly touch my heart.  I love the drama so much that I need to find the novel to read. And the novel, to me, is also amazing and rewarding to read. I am happy that I am not alone in loving their love story. Thank you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3URvAiu1br0zDgew1M6Q38friendshipquotes.jpg

Not only is this story about how precious love is and that if willing it can be forever & beyond...  There is another love just as important and just as valuable,  that of friendship.  Before I knew it I found myself reminded how special friendship truly is.  Those in our lives who give us comfort often from the storms that rage around us.  Encourage us through their words and simply allow us to be ourselves....

• 2 weeks later...

On Ep 22 now.. Urgh, I realised Wang Xuan has weird journalistic ethics. I mean, I get that she's more of a pap but she didn't even think to look into the "proof" Zhao Song gave her about Qian Hua's company's activities? Like it just occurred to you after you exposed false allegations and ruined the image and reputation of a company? LOL, way to call yourself someone with principles. 

And also..

Spoiler

And she sees nothing wrong with entering Helan's home without his permission or while he isn't present.. but she sees the need to ask Zhao Song, a person who is in no way the owner of the house or the paintings and pictures, for permission to look at and photograph paintings and pictures of Pipi? Seriously, what logic is this? I hate it when writers make characters illogical. Wang Xuan is such a self-contradictory person. OMG, Wang Xuan is killing me. I'm so irritated.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:29 PM, roshani12 said:

my point is if he know about the curse, which lead to her ultimate death,and make her fall in love with him .fore more visit what is true love

Pipi would have died by 25 in every lifetime after the first.. even if she hadn't met Helan. The least Helan or any person who truly loves her could do is make sure she's happy and knows she's loved. And she did choose to be with him even after she found out about the curse. 

On 6/14/2018 at 12:38 PM, silfeeah said:

@omiki Wow, wow! Thank you so much for the in-depth explanation!! It really clears up a lot of things for me. :D 

I saw the flower birthmark(?) disappear from Pi Pi's back after He Lan's death which means Hui Yan will no longer be reincarnated, right? But since he came back, does it mean it's reinstated? Regardless, It's kind of sad to think that he's not going to find her anymore after this lifetime but at least Pi Pi gets to live a full life finally. 

On 6/16/2018 at 6:57 AM, ck1Oz said:

Omg I am about to start watching ep 23 and 24 and even with spoilers don't understand how I am supposed to feel about Helan living after Pipi dies. But this time she won't be reincarnated.

What is with people or writers liking this eternal life theme? It sucks big time. I have been pretty addicted to this drama. However after knowing how it ends it just reaffirms why I avoid both Chinese and Korean mythology type dramas. People usually die or won't die. And this whole reincarnation thing does my head in.

Does one need to be philosophical about your lead couple dying or not dying? Or not remembering each other to appreciate such dramas? I suspect I still won't understand the last 2 episodes even after watching it.  Gah.

So is Helan going to die like a human or live with regained memories after Pipi dies? And somewhere in the 2 episodes I will find out how Helan will be with Pipi even when he doesn't remember her?

Addit- how long does the stupid PD make the 360 camera turn go on for in ep 23?

It doesn't mean she won't be reincarnated. Reincarnation is a whole separate deal from the curse. Reincarnation, in itself, is not a curse. Only people who have reached enlightenment won't be reincarnated and will get to end their cyclical existence. 

I think a lot of people here are confused about whether Hui Yan's reincarnation itself is because of the curse. No.. No one said that. The curse is that she dies by 25 in each lifetime. The disappearance of the flower signals the end of the curse. She could still be reincarnated. 

Ep 24 is somewhat inconsistent with the rest of the show. 

I mean..

Spoiler

Helan is blind during the day throughout the show but in the 90s, he can see? And he takes off his glasses to look at people in the eye? What? They're not gonna get sick and they don't have to eat apples with his blood in them? 

Like, this makes no sense at all. SHOW, why do you go against the rules you've established?

And if Helan had already found Pipi's parents even before Pipi was born... why wait until she's nearly 25 to meet her? I mean, you can always meet her like when she's 20 or 21... So frustrated with the show's writer right now. 

On 7/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, zoeraindasher said:

Ep 24 is somewhat inconsistent with the rest of the show. 

We may consider the screen while he met little Pipi was in the "early" sunset. In other eps, he can see in the sunset too. 

Another thing is that I've heard that the writer of the novel said there would be season 2 of the drama. Could anyone share any details on this? I am looking for the next season and I meet the main couple so much. 

7 hours ago, lizhn18 said:

Another thing is that I've heard that the writer of the novel said there would be season 2 of the drama. Could anyone share any details on this? I am looking for the next season and I meet the main couple so much. 

@lizhn18 Are you talking about the author's June 20 Weibo post? I can only share what I know based on her Weibo post.. so if you're fluent in Chinese, you probably know as much as I do haha.

Anyway the Weibo post says, "结爱26亿啦![偷笑],今晚八点,非会员大结局。谢谢大家的支持,感恩、荣幸。很多童鞋问我之后会不会有续集“结爱2”?答案是:有哒!请不要走开,因为《结爱:犀燃烛照》正向你们走来。欢迎在此留言说出你们的设想、心愿、建议,敬请期待!江湖再见[哈哈]#结爱·千岁大人的初恋# @陳正道 @許OX任 @楚小飞

Love Knot has reached 2.6 billion views!  Tonight at 8 o'clock, it's the finale for non-members.. Thanks for everyone's support, gratitude, and honor. Lots of people have asked me if there will be a sequel, Love Knot 2? The answer is: Yes! Don't leave, because Love Knot: Rhinoceros Illumination is heading your way. You're welcome to express your ideas, wishes, and suggestions in the comments. Please anticipate! We'll meet again [Haha] #LoveKnot·HisExcellencysFirstLove# then she tags the director and producers

really weird literal translation of the second book's title.. LOL. OMG, I really don't know how else to word it.

love_knot_2.jpg

Archived