Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

so... BBC ending then...

well, I love it <3<3<3<3<3

even tho the case in present year is more connected in this drama, but how Han Taejoo and Sam feels towards 1988 and 1973 are the same. They love being there

wohoooo

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

So if he chooses to stay in 1988, he will die in 2018?

Not sure. Its just an assumption for now. I watched live with limited understanding of korean language :D

Though i do think everything is a mind game. Especially after the last scene when KMS called TJ. Its open to interpretation. Huhu

Ps: i still wished they did not make him jump from the roof for an easy way out. I'd rather he had some after surgery complications hua3. I really dont support suicide eventhough its in a drama. But it was somewhat staying true to its original source. 

• Like 4

My only disappointment is no kiss. I was still holding out for it since I saw the spoiler video of the BBC  version.

Edit to add : without the after credit scene , I would say he died in 2018. But an adult KmS calling him in 1988, changes things a little . His body is still in limbo in 2018 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

I suppose they did his death jump in a very classy way.

He did not feel pain when he clenched his fist around the file clip but remembers feeling NY's heart beat under his hands. So NY is more real to him than 2018.

You can see he jumped in a very confident manner and seemed to be embracing the possibility of going back to 1988.  I thought the drama would end at this point but PD nim and writer nim gave us an epilogue of sorts to see how the team were doing after the warehouse attack and to highlight reasons why TJ would decide to stay.

I think TJ got his happy ending.

• Like 6

Excuse me for my nagging but I just don’t understand how a person can survive a jump from a rooftop. <_<

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, aisling said:

Excuse me for my nagging but I just don’t understand how a person can survive a jump from a rooftop. <_<

LOL... we could always assume that the voices now on the television and radio could be the divine one calling him to redemption, not 2018.

If you think about it, he was run over by a car (twice!) , shot in the head and survived a fall off a bridge. Superman he is!

I think I will have to watch the episode again with subs but today it was easier to see where it was headed.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

7 minutes ago, triplem said:

My only disappointment is no kiss. I was still holding out for it since I saw the spoiler video of the BBC  version.

Edit to add : without the after credit scene , I would say he died in 2018. But an adult KmS calling him in 1988, changes things a little . His body is still in limbo in 2018 

I see an opportunity for a movie or a sequel or a spinoff hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just now, aisling said:Excuse me for my nagging but I just don’t understand how a person can survive a jump from a rooftop. <_<

Actually I don’t think he can survive logically speaking. So that’s why I believe he died. To make myself feel better , I think of 1988 as an Alternate reality for TJ. But the call from KMS messed with my mind . 

Just now, katakwasabi said:

I see an opportunity for a movie or a sequel or a spinoff hahaha

Yes , Director May see this as an open end for a season 2 

• Like 5

I couldn't get to watch the show live, but reading the comments I actually quite like the ending (though I wished there was a kiss or even a scene with TJ&NY in a belated cinema date lol). 

I read though that in the BBC version, there was a sequel. Did the K version speed through the trilogy or was it just the first season? 

Cause I want more :tears: the group dynamic was amazing. 

• Like 4

All I can say is I’m glad that they did the BBC ending. I cheated yesterday and looked it up on a website and that ending seemed very well received even with viewers still trying to interpret their take on the ending.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hmm not the end .,, he’s at the station alone , a phone call comes in. No sound on the other end. Then suddenly a strange voice- KMS!!  

KMS is from 2018 trying to bring him back so his spirit is in 1988.  He’s in a coma again.

@Dramanoona  @aisling yeah, he’s superman in 1988 so we know his body is not physically in 1988.  

Yup, sequel prime territory.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

LOL... we could always assume that the voices now on the television and radio could be the divine one calling him to redemption, not 2018.

If you think about it, he was run over by a car (twice!) , shot in the head and survived a fall off a bridge. Superman he is!

I think I will have to watch the episode again with subs but today it was easier to see where it was headed.

This has been nagging me too. I for one don't think he was ever run over by the car. It doesnt make sense. I think that car accident is something made up in his mind for narrative purposes. Its different from the original version, in the UK version sam was ran over by a jeep and found himself on the road in 1970's. But for taejoo, he was shot in the head, amazingly he then wandered around alone at an alley that was supposed to be full with cops, heard the radio in a car and got ran over by a car and found himself on the road in 1988. So i think everthing that happened after he was shot, only happened in is own head. Besides to be shot at point blank and his scull is still in one piece is just a...miracle? Haha

Seriously this drama is open to interpretation.

• Like 5

Wow the final was great - even so I got what I feared I still love it.

And yes - we did not get a kiss - sob - but to see TJ happy and singing and not looking ill anymore - that was even better for me. So cute when he started to sing along in the car he looked so surprised about himself.

I read somewhere (but can´t find it now) that in the original the final scene was planned as an open ending the moment when he jumped from the roof. So it would have been up to the imagine of the viewer what will happen next. Oh gosh - i would have freaked out like that.

I wonder - if this is a world somehow created between life and death or even for the near death and death people - died the villian and followed TJ? Its really open for season 2. This Show was amazing - not one minute was draggy or boring. I will wait for the subs now.

I believe i would be more heartbroken if they had shown the mother in tears over her dead son... and I believe he died... but leaving place for more - he must have a way back open - so maybe the K Version wished him to be in coma again...

The Title fits perfectly - and we will never get all answers... thats the remaining mystery about Life on Mars ....

I love it!

• Like 7

Whole cast was amazing !

Jung Kyung-Ho had one more great performance.

His role as Paksa in" Cruel city" is still the best of him for me but he is such a great actor he never disappoints you.

When I saw Go Ah-sung in " Heart through the grapevine" i knew she is more than a beautiful face.

I never liked second season in dramas and I hope they will leave us with this open ending.

• Like 4

Good to see life on mars recieving praises :). The drama really did end. I had so much fun watching, theorizing and waiting for new episodes of LoM :tears:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/08/life-on-mars-finale-ep-16-jung-kyung-ho.html?m=1

[Life on Mars] FINALE Ep 16 Jung Kyung Ho chooses to live in 1988 instead of 2018

life.png
Article: Naver 'Life on Mars' Jung Kyung Ho chose 1988 instead of 2018
  • Han Tae Joo (Jung Kyung Ho) manages to go back to the past by jumping from the roof top.
  • He manages to save his teammates, and arrest Ahn Mi Sik (Choi Jin Ho). 
  • He decides to stay in year 1988 along with them. 
  • At the end of the episode, Han Tae Joo receives a mysterious call from Kim Hyun Seok?

1. [+943,-16]
The best drama in 2018!! You guys have worked hard in such a hot weather. ㅠㅠ They didn't reveal why Han Tae Joo's father died.. And the criminal is alive too, let's go with Season 2!!

2. [+266,-6]
I had goosebumps at the end.... Season 2, let's go!!!!!!!!!

3. [+264,-4]
Park Sung Woong's real wife did a special cameo. It was really funny.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+153,-6]
What am I going to do on Saturdays and Sundays now? ㅠㅠㅠㅠ The casts and staff have worked hard.

5. [+75,-1]
I had this thought that Park Sung Woong only suits evil roles. But he fits comical characters well too. ㅠㅠ Tsundere. Life on Mars' actors and staff, thank you for making the best drama this summer. ♥Season 2!!!!

6. [+64,-2]
It seems like a happy ending, and it also seemed like a sad ending..

7. [+61,-2]
Tae Joo killed himself in the end, right? He barely survived not long ago, it's a sad thing for his family, but in Tae Joo's point of view, it's a happy ending. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He seemed to be happier in 1988 than reality. Please make season 2 ㅠㅠㅠ

8. [+54,-1]
Saying that you are alive wherever you can smile.. It's good, but dangerous too.. At the end, it feels a bit empty.. but the epilogue turned everything around.. It would be good to catch the criminal Kim Hyun Seok in season 2.. and differentiate reality and dreams properly..

life%2Bon.png

1. [+27,-0]
This drama ends today??

2. [+26,-0]
The wife's role is his real wife ㅡㅡ

3. [+22,-0]
Please be happy, Han Tae Joo.. Whether you go back or not... Just be happy wherever you are... and I'll be waiting for season 2.

4. [+16,-1]
I'm still not sure. ㅋㅋㅋ  Which one is reality, and which one is a dream? ㅋㅋ

5. [+9,-0]
I enjoyed watching. It seems short. What a pity.

6. [+6,-0]
They opened up the possibility for season 2 and ended it. I enjoyed it. Members of Detective team 3 have good chemistry. I feel so empty now that it ended..

7. [+3,-0]
I enjoyed it so much~~ I can look forward to season 2, right?~ You've worked hard. I was happy this summer because of Life on Mars~ Let's meet the same members of Detective team 3 in season 2~~

8. [+2,-0]
Seems like there's season 2 after watching the epilogue!! Season 2 please!!!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

YAY for ending on a high note.  Well deserved.  Be happy always Tae-joo and Na-young.

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[15] TNmS[16]
Nationwide Seoul
1 June 9, 2018 2.081% 1.911% 2.2%
2 June 10, 2018 3.122% 3.303% NR
3 June 16, 2018 3.268% 3.432%
4 June 17, 2018 3.762% 3.968%
5 June 23, 2018 3.098% 3.001% 3.5%
6 June 24, 2018 3.969% 3.983% 4.9%
7 June 30, 2018 3.817% 3.794% NR
8 July 1, 2018 4.681% 4.933% 5.1%
9 July 14, 2018 3.980% 4.525% 4.2%
10 July 15, 2018 4.170% 4.590% 5.2%
11 July 21, 2018 3.893% 4.353% 4.9%
12 July 22, 2018 4.834% 5.544% 5.7%
13 July 28, 2018 3.933% 4.388%  
14 July 29, 2018 4.695% 5.036%  
15 August 4, 2018 4.657% 4.787%  
16 August 5, 2018 5.851% 6.377%  
Average % % %

Source

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

YAY for ending on a high note.  Well deserved.  Be happy always Tae-joo and Na-young.

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[15] TNmS[16]
Nationwide Seoul
1 June 9, 2018 2.081% 1.911% 2.2%
2 June 10, 2018 3.122% 3.303% NR
3 June 16, 2018 3.268% 3.432%
4 June 17, 2018 3.762% 3.968%
5 June 23, 2018 3.098% 3.001% 3.5%
6 June 24, 2018 3.969% 3.983% 4.9%
7 June 30, 2018 3.817% 3.794% NR
8 July 1, 2018 4.681% 4.933% 5.1%
9 July 14, 2018 3.980% 4.525% 4.2%
10 July 15, 2018 4.170% 4.590% 5.2%
11 July 21, 2018 3.893% 4.353% 4.9%
12 July 22, 2018 4.834% 5.544% 5.7%
13 July 28, 2018 3.933% 4.388%  
14 July 29, 2018 4.695% 5.036%  
15 August 4, 2018 4.657% 4.787%  
16 August 5, 2018 5.851% 6.377%  
Average % %  

Source

5.8% and 6.37%! Very well desereved! 

Eng subs are out. It was a surprisingly feel good episode. And theres build up for taejoo's decision, which i appreciate. 

Look at how happy they are~ 

Come on season 2!

P/s i was mistaken. I thought the call in the epilogue was from KMS, but the subs says it was KHS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1