Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

1 minute ago, Dramanoona said:

TJ walks NY home. And TJ is making his move. Lol.

Not sure where the drama is going...

Haha. Maybe TJ's mission is to see everyone in 1988 happy? 

I think taejoo got a transfer letter to seoul?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Back in the station next morning , the gang read the news of the work they did to catch Ahn. Aigoo gang ask NY to make coffee. She looks at a file & it disturbs her , they ask her why. Oh no, it’s an order for him to transfer back to Seoul , gang is so sad especially NY. 

TJ stares at the file , he’s taken aback 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

If this go the go back couple route that would be interesting. Mum told her daughter (who travelled through time) to return back to where she belongs. Maybe here dongchul will be the voice of reason for taejoo. Huhu

• Like 5

He’s in his place . Feeling down , DC comes over with chicken & they both eat & drink . DC is offended when TJ ask why he came over ( he was busy laughing & eating ) . Dc says - can’t I . They talk about his transfer to Seoul. The siren rings. DC has to leave .tells TJ -  Thanks & good luck for Seoul 

• Like 4

TJ walks through the streets of insung - recalls all his moments with the gang . I think it’s a question of whether he wants to stay here or not . ( I have a feeling this is to give him closure for 1988 - don’t know where this is going)

Anyway he is back at the station, things seem usual . He stares at things for a while till NS calls out to him. nS gets a call.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Question would be....where doesn’t TJ belong?

Or where is he actually from? The ep is nearing its end and i'm still grasping for clues.

The TV speaks again. This time its the docs voice.

TJ rips his transfer letter. He decides to stay

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

It looks like he has decided to stay where he is. Most likely we will be left wondering which is his reality.

the static is back and he switches the radio channel  so I think he chooses the ignore the real world and stay with DC and team. 

• Like 4

The gang are called to a new case. They look at him , I think this is the moment that TJ has to decide if he is going to stay in 1988. The Seoul posting I believe is metaphorical of how he’s still struggling with his state of mind , Dr jang even appears to drag him back. 

TJ goes after the team , he says hang on. Tears the paper of his posting 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

He hears Dr Jang again while in his car . DC turns up the volume of the music . The whole gang are singing to it laughing . He smiles. The car drives off ! 

- the end - 

he made his choice . 1988 is his home . 

• Like 7

Hmm not the end .,, he’s at the station alone , a phone call comes in. No sound on the other end. Then suddenly a strange voice- KMS!!  

Now it really ends :D 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • LOL 2

Thanks everyone for a live recap. So... in the end they did choose that path...

Well, what do you think?? Are you satisfied with the ending?

I don’t know why he heard Dr Jang’s voice. I really doubt his body survived that fall from a rooftop. Shouldn’t his body be dead?

• Like 3

Is there a sequel???

At the end of the credits, it's TJ at the station and before he leaves, the telephone rings. And it's KMS.

My guess is that TJ was from 2018 and towards the end, he makes the decision to stay in 1988 (hence tearing up the orders to transfer back to Seoul)

He knows that he is not living in the 'real' world, evidenced when he changes the channel in the car radio and joins the rest of the team singing.

We can only assume that he is still clinging to life in 2018 as there are attempts to get him to wake up and go back to 2018.

We don't really know what happens after death. Whether there is a tiny bit of our consciousness which helps us create a new world to cope, who knows. I think even if he does 'die' in 2018, there is no stopping him living in his 1988 world.

Bravo.......LOM cast and crew - well done!

PS Just realised that there was no finale party etc? So sad this drama did not receive as much love.

• Like 5