Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

BTS of ep 9-10

In the beginning cycling part where JKH was riding with PSW behind him. Upon reaching , he asked for 90,000 won coz he said the latter weighs 90 kg. PSW asks so he count his fare based on weight and not by distance in km ?

• LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is he in a coma? Well, yes... he must be because he's hearing voices of doctors, nurses, his mother and now even KMS... and there are scenes of him in hospital on life support.

But is there a lot more than that? There must be because the coma in and of itself cannot entirely explain DC, NY, NS and YG's presence in the show as well as all the cases they're tackling. Are they merely figments of his imagination? If so, his imagination is very vivid. ;)

This is my concern.... while we are all in agreement that he's in a comatose state in 2018,  how do we reconcile that with 1988? If DC , NY and gang are nothing more than part of his imagination, gahhhhhh...there goes my romance and bromance. 

I am not sure if they will be able to wrap up KMS's character arc tonight, but I think there is a possibility by tomorrow...I googled translated the written preview from OCN and from what I gather - the death of the suspect  while in custody caused a lot of problems , and created distrusts among the detectives ( it mentions three detectives. I am guessing must be Tae Joo , DC and Yong Gi. ) They struggled to find out who the real perpetrator is at first but somehow discover the "outline" of the criminal - which I am assuming it means  they finally have some idea who it is.   Then the translation says - "the case is rather for the worst "  :w00t:  which I am assuming it means things take a turn for the worst , i.e. something bad happens to Yong Gi ..

Spoiler

Xjm6UKu.jpg

@katakwasabi Lol! The folks at OCN do have a sense of humour. I wish they'd give us some more stills for tonight

Food truck support for JKH...ahahaha I love the standing banner ..the one where DC stuffed some preserved food in his mouth

Spoiler

Posted by  GAS's agency

Spoiler

Stills for tonight

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

I missed most of the live . ( so this caps for the last half hour)

But I’m at the part where Yong Gi feels he’s  being wronged . Big chaos at the station with him shouting & arguing with DC .TJ & the rest are all there including KMS hyung , he takes a recording with him & goes off 

the trio- DC , TJ & NS follow him in a car . He’s all drunk. Flashback to the night before where TJ & Dc confronted him in the bar, he boxed TJ but TJ calmed him down & gave him a tape . They are going to get him to trap the real killer . So the chaos at the station was on purpose 

Edited by triplem
add YT links
  • Like 4

Suddenly as they were following YG he disappeared into an alley , DC tries to radio him but no response. They look for him, find him beaten up & blood all over.

Ifa622C.png

Spoiler

YG tells them the guy beat him with a bat , it  was the cop. YG was able to stab him. I think YG should have been able to see his face but right now he’s unconscious at the hospital. They have the bat the guy used to beat him

NS crying worried about YG. YG starts mumbling , he’s awake . nS is relieved . Dc wanted to give him a hug , ask TJ to do the same. Too awkward ...hilarious 

DC & TJ back in the station. They ask all the cops to strip . Interview them. Trying to see who is the traitor.  They start screaming at one of the cops . But they got the wrong person. Hmm I think they are asking about the culprit . He’s not there . TJ finds a file of him. Omo! TJ knows which cop it is ! NS calls them 

Spoiler

HThVs3x.png

Edited by triplem
add YT links and images
  • Like 4

The cop is the one who shot the dad & carried Little Tae Joo . They go to the department where he is based. He’s not there , they go to his house ..his parents are there . They call him out . But another guy came out . Don’t tell me the guy was using fake identity? 

7e7vsHp.png

Spoiler

They put out a Wanted notice with the cop’s face. DC & TJ look over his personal file . NS comes with another gal cop who had some info , they call for NY . She’s not in .suddenly TJ thinks of something NY told him earlier , he looks at the time, 

omg I think NY could be in danger.  The trio run to the car & speed off to the police library.

Spoiler

Omg  commotion , a group of people stand around. NY handbag on the floor but she’s missing , TJ picks up her notebook & reads it. DC tells NS to look around . Then Dc checks the aisle , finds a handkerchief. TJ smells it -  chloroform. The cop kidnaped her I think. Her shoe is there. TJ thinks of his ex & sees that this scenario is similar to when she was kidnaped in 2018

uUbA9ZR.png3R2Zivd.png

Spoiler

IYLZs1B.png

Edited by triplem
add YT links and images
  • Like 4

TJ & DC go to a residential area . They start looking . Déjà vu. Feels exactly like how it was the night he got shot in 2018

eps ends 

preview - they can’t find her . TJ goes & talk to little KMS . There’s a scene of NY being tied up , little KMS painting her nails . Then the cop strangling her 

noooooo let nothing happen to Na Young please !!!! 

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Sad 3

Welcome @alekaonu!

Posted by ODH

Food truck support for JKH and ODH from Lee Sunbin who was JKH's co-star in Missing Nine

Spoiler

D

Written preview ( with the help of google translate)

http://program.tving.com/ocn/lifeonmars/7/Board/List

The truth is finally revealed.

Na Young is kidnapped by the real murderer. And her life is in danger.

Tae Joo and the rest continue to look for her and make efforts to rescue her.

The brutal serial killings of 1988 are headed for the end...

• Like 3

Noooo! Not nayoung! She needs to be saved alive please! :(

I really like that nayoung is characterized as mainly a soft looking lady cop. Usually lady cops are portrayed as tomboyish in dramas. Its nice seeing someone as demure and soft spoken as nayoung and dresses as feminine as her in the police force (maybe because its 1988?) . Though she's definitely a fighter under her soft exterior. I like nayoung. I dont mind if she's just a part of taejoo's imagination, but please dont kill her off. Huhuhh

Thanks @triplem for the mini recap.

• Like 5

...the story development is reminding me of Tunnel and Voice... ...change the past and the tragedy in future will be prevented... ...

If the OCN producers have officially declared that this is an adaptation of the original screenplay, does that mean the producers cannot re-write the ending of Life on Mars? :bawling:

• Like 2

Just got off watching the subs. 

That phone call - is it his subconscious? Someone from 2018? 

...I know you’re not in the position to answer my call. ....I know that you’re having a hard time Officer HTJ.. But the Mission has to be accomplished. ...The problem lies inside. If you find a solution to that , you will be able to come back home. Officer HTJ , you must stay strong.

yes @Blizzardistkaputt I am reminded of Tunnel , so perhaps if he can catch Lee Jun Ho now , he may stay alive in 2018. I didn’t watch the original BBC & don’t plan to find out , but from what I gather the American adaptation had a different ending. So I don’t see why they can’t have a different twist on this. 

Anyhow I’m grateful to all of you who have not spilled the beans openly about the BBC or American ending . Let’s keep it that way. 

Little things I loved about last night’s episode:

1. NY giving TJ a bit of the cold shoulder at first because she was worried about her suspended colleagues. I love how she’s alway the voice of reason & logic in that team.

2. The trap or sting operation they set up to catch the real suspect. I cracked up at Yong Gi’s acting. :D . Even in serious situations, the drama is still able to inject some humour ......the awkward failed hug between the men.

3. NY coming to the library to help Tae Joo . I live for their scenes. Let nothing happen to her .

4. TJ looking For mum  because he was  feeling down after getting the rap from everyone else for jeopardising the careers of his colleagues. I teared Up when he asked her is he was doing well. His loneliness & weariness seem magnified even more. 

The ratings , too much competition from TVN :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

stills for tonight 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1

Eekkkk.  Preview of episode 12.

Is Lee Sun Ho really KMS’ biological brother?  I’m trying to wrap my head around who the fake Lee Sun Ho is now that we know he came to Insung the same time as Tae-joo.  KMS as far as we know have no record in Insung either.

What if little KMS started to paint nails and put make up on the victims simply because he wants to make them look prettier than when he found them drugged and beaten by Lee Sun Ho? Did this trademark started out as something to make the women feel better in the mind of this little boy?  Fake Lee Sun Ho took the boy away and kept him in the same room as Na Young, the first woman that little KMS started to play make up with.  It eventually become his signature post crime. 

I think they will capture the fake cop.  This eventually lead little KMS to copycat his brother’s killings as revenge?

@triplem not sure who is the person on the phone with Tae-joo yet.

• Thanks 1

Just watched ep 11 with subs, there is something I dont understand. Why did TJ and Captain run to the dark street suddenly? How did they know which street to go to? DId I miss something??

• Like 2

@bedifferent, if the trademark of the painted nails started with KMS, wasn’t there that other victim whom the detectives thought TJ’s father killed? The one who was in the bathroom stall with him. At the beginning of episode 7 the serial killer was putting makeup on her and painting her nails after strangling her. I thought maybe KMS learned from him.

I’m also worried about NY even if she’s just a figment of TJ’s imagination. And can I say how adorable I find little TJ? :wub: He’s such a cutie and I enjoy his little scenes with his older self. Anyway, I hope they catch that serial killer today or next episode. I do wonder why he killed TJ’s dad since I assume it’s him because of the inhaler TJ found in the wood area and his breathing pattern when he was standing with little KMS.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Just watched ep 11 with subs, there is something I dont understand. Why did TJ and Captain run to the dark street suddenly? How did they know which street to go to? DId I miss something??

Are you referring to the end part ? I can’t remember at which minute of the episode but TJ realised how similar this case is to the night of his ex gf’s disappearance. He asked NY before if there’s an address by the same name of the 2018 case. (He thought of the door with the cross .) They said no. But he mentioned it’s a residential place that is very hilly . I am assuming he will tell DC . And they will start looking

@bedifferent @celebrianna I think that KMS is a copy cat of Lee Jun Ho. His MO is taken from LJH. I do believe LJH probably saved KMS from the abusive living conditions that he was subject to earlier & KMS Sees LJH as his saviour and hero . In the preview, KMS ask TJ why people think his hyung is bad. Little KMS probably thinks & is likely taught by LJH that they are doing society a favour by getting rid of these “bad” people or “loose”   women ( in KMS’s case . 

@katakwasabi I still like ost 2 the best :D . The lyrics here really speaks a lot of TJ’s state of mind & emotions , this has subs 

• Like 2