Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

Hello to friends on LOM's thread. I am enjoying this excellent drama so much and would like to thank you for the videos, stills, information and comments. Cheers!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, triplem said:

The guys at OCN have too much time on their hands! Poking fun at sister network’s drama What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim! :lol:

Lol! The photoshop pic is so funny. I havent watched WWWSK, so i cant really get the meaning behind the pic.

Anyways, new ep tonight! Super excited!

More stills from ocn.

• Like 2

Live caps - partial ep 9 

I  was late to watching live , but I’m not sure why he’s in a club drinking with the hostess . He got so drunk that he passed out . In between the dizzyness, doc’s face can be seen . Next thing you know he wakes up next morning more or less stripped of his clothes & cuffed. Not sure what the hostess / prostitute did to him . But DC came to his rescue. NY not happy in the station. Giving him the cold shoulder when giving him his coffee!!!

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

He goes back to the night club where the hostess was , he & DC are actually investigating a case at the night club . He needs her help regarding a ticket . 

He’s back in the office  in the evening. NY drops of a file , showing a bit of temper & jealousy.  She likely thinks  he was with the prostitute  the night before. She stomps off , he gets her jacket & go after her . The hostess bumps into them at the station entrance- she passed him a camera film. She looks beaten up. She thanks him & something she says clarifies NY’s misunderstanding 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1

DC is waiting outside TJ ‘s place . They need to investigate a case. TJ goes through the files while DC lazes around singing eating & finally sleeping. NY comes over with another file . She apologise for  misunderstanding him. He says thanks for the file. After she leaves TJ has an episode- he sees the doc & nurse on the TV screen . He keeps shouting at them , that he’s there.  DC wakes up , taken aback by what he’s seeing - TJ shaking the TV.

But the phone rings . They go to the lake - dead body found. The hostess that TJ was with . (My stream is very bad ) ...managed to see TJ get angry with the other older cop . He & DC discuss what to do 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The team working hard to find the killer . TJ goes around the dock area , they look for matching footprints. The team eat & work together. Sirens go off throughout the city . Electricity goes off , the other 3 snooze while TJ & NY keeps looking at files etc for leads , suddenly DC wakes up & has an epiphany 

DC & TJ goes to some warehouse. A guy is tied up & they try to get info from him. He was not cooperative, they lock him up in the cold room to scare him a bit , he finally gives in & tells them some stuff 

• Like 2

Dc & TJ ( and a bunch of cops) goes to an apartment where a gang of men were meeting & eating . Looks like the folks who run the night club? They find some stuff in the apartment & take the gang leader in for interrogation.

Darn it ! The superintendent came & shouts at them - what are they doing ? Gang leader must be friends with him. They talk to superintendent privately , things got heated

TJ later had some interesting idea . He served the gang leader / club owner some alcoholic drink . Then he shows a t shirt that the man strangled the hostess with , I think his shoe print matched what they found at site. Omo! TJ is smart - he accidentally spills the alcohol on the guy’s palms, can see the dye of the t shirt on his hand . 

• Like 1

NY ask him how he knew . He suddenly thought back about the scene of his dad being shot at the tracks , not sure what he said here 

DC is happy with TJ. Drops him home , says some encouraging stuff to him before driving off . TJ walks to get some stuff , he passed by mum’s saloon. People drew graffiti all over . ( Murderer’s family are also victims ! ) He saw little TJ get bullied by some older boys , one boy protected him ! He calls them out, the bullies run . He treats Lil TJ & Friend to ice cream. Then the friend say got to go , Lil TJ says bye & mentions his name. Suddenly TJ though of the serial killer (KmS) ...they look similar.. 

he chases after the Friend. He loses the kid, only sees his ice cream wrapper on the floor.  The kid hugs a figure with a cap . The figure was observing TJ from afar . 

fiqJu8P.pngeAz5LPJ.png

Spoiler

yfTjlWy.png

- eps ends- \

\

@katakwasabi Good to see you here. Thanks for the OST. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm curious how and why taejoo ended up passed out, half dressed and being handcuffed :ph34r:

Same here....hahahaahah...it's easy for Na Young to misunderstand this situation. I don't think he did anything in that drunk condition though..:w00t:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, triplem said:

Same here....hahahaahah...it's easy for Na Young to misunderstand this situation. I don't think he did anything in that drunk condition though..:w00t:

I dont think he was drunk per se. Most likely he was drugged. maybe he was cuffed to prevent him from undressing or doing anything he'll regret later on hahahaha

• LOL 4

8 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I dont think he was drunk per se. Most likely he was drugged. maybe he was cuffed to prevent him from undressing or doing anything he'll regret later on hahahaha

I have now watched ep 9 with subs. And my prediction was only half right hahaha.

Tae joon was drugged for picture taking purposes in order to blackmail him, all under the instruction of bald gangster dude. Rest assured nothing happened other than picture taking and no pictures were developed/printed and the film roll is now in tae joon's hands. Hahaha. Na young's jealousy was fun to watch :D

Anyways, ep 9 was quite slow paced compared to the previous ep. But it did introduce us to somewhat new characters from tae joon's childhood. It amazes me, how the writer can keep the mystery of 2018 killer alive while being in 1988 with other crimes to solve, the story is weaved nicely that i dont feel like any scene is out of place as of yet. Keep it on life on mars! Keep being awesome.

P/s: i really like LOM's title sequence in each episode. Stumbled upon this stylish promo video hehe

• Like 2

Yet to watch with subs ..but this scene was on replay ..little TJ said goodbye to Min Seok hyung! Amazing plot twist 

Come on SK! This drama deserves more than 4% 

JKH IG update

Edited by triplem

We guessed it right, KMS crossed path with Tae joo as a child.  :D

Just FYI, the killer either has asthma or some pulmonary disease.  They found theophylline and inhaler at the crime scene although there is no other fingerprint on the inhaler.  So now we know where KMS' habit of biting his fingers may come from, his dad? who also leave no fingerprint.  The shadowy figure has chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, the breathing is a signature one of that disease.

Given that clue, I didn't remember hearing this kind of breathing in 2018 when the killer pulled the gun and shot Tae Joo? :huh:

• Like 1

Just finished ep 9, one question , I rem TJ dropping his gun in the forest while chasing his dad the previous episode. Has that been recovered ? Did I miss something ? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Just finished ep 9, one question , I rem TJ dropping his gun in the forest while chasing his dad the previous episode. Has that been recovered ? Did I miss something ? 

You mean these. Didn’t get mention.  Most police officers do have to account for their guns and bullets at end of shift everyday.  There’s an emblem on the gun, can you make it out?

53500448-105C-4CD0-A7E2-69AE4C0607B5

The gun that shot TJ in 2018

176DB0AB-5C6C-4ED2-BEDA-E9119226F26B

It may just mean Tae Joo was helpless in trying to save his Dad since he didn’t have his gun with him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

You mean these. Didn’t get mention.  Most police officers do have to account for their guns and bullets at end of shift everyday.  There’s an emblem on the gun, can you make it out?

The gun that shot TJ in 2018

Hmm initially i thought his father's killer pick up the gun to kill the father, but it seems not to be the case. So it is related to the 2018 case?

• Like 1