[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

larus

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@titania1000  Different awards carry different criterias  and weight.  I usually look to the Baeksang (next year) as one to watch for.  JKH was great and am glad his performance was not overlooked.  LoM was also notable for the adapted screenplay and directing!  Too bad OCN doesn't have its own award shows or does it?

6 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I see a lot of people on social networks saying that he was robbed and bashing the other male winners.

He did very well on LOM and deserved a win. I must admit  i don't think talent was the only  criterion used to pick the winners. There was obviously a popularity element for few of the prizes....     

Uuu. I did see comments like what about JKH. But i didnt come across comments directly bashing the winner. LoM was great and the cast and crew did an amazing job. No one will benefit from bashing other actors or other dramas, so i hope people can simmer down and stop bashing~ huhuhu

Needless to say, for award shows it is a combination of popularity and performance and maybe some other factors. Usually popularity weighs more, but in some cases maybe less, like Go ah sung winning over PMY and Jang Nara. Happy for her win! Go nayoungie! 

5 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@titania1000  Different awards carry different criterias  and weight.  I usually look to the Baeksang (next year) as one to watch for.  JKH was great and am glad his performance was not overlooked.  LoM was also notable for the adapted screenplay and directing!  Too bad OCN doesn't have its own award shows or does it?

Hopefully TJ/JKH and LoM is not overlooked for Baeksang Awards next year. He was not even nominated for the upcoming Seoul Awards, which is mind boggling. Nayoung/GAS is nominated though, hope she can bag another win for LoM hahahaha. The directing, camerawork, music and editing for LoM deserves recognition too, i really liked the cameraplay when the subject was in one place but the background got elongated. Never seen that before, so i thought it was super cool. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys! Just want to say Happiest New Year and I am thankful for you all for being part of my 2018 virtually! You kept me from being insane due to work! Haha I am a slave to my work instead of me being the master of my work. Haha but through you who are also k-drama avid fans like me.  Life of Mars (Korea) will be one of my memorable drama and perks of reading, exchanging thoughts and opinion in a forum regarding the drama made my days joyful for 2018 so I want to appreciate you all! Thank you for the challenges of 2018 and Toast to 2019. Thanks again! Happiest New Year everyone! 

• 2 months later...

Wow - a very late post but I just started watching this and I LOVING the characters. The setting in 1988 is really cool too and shows how things worked those ways such as certain laws not existing, unknown terms, and a very small number of females in this field. I love miss yoon and how she is totally kicking her role. The scenes with TJ flashing back to 2018, hearing voices, seeing people etc are really well done. I didn't expect for the characters to grow on me especially TJ and ms yoon haha..all the character's relationship growth it feel very natural to watch

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

Archived