[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

larus

@triplem I actually didn’t expect any kiss so I’m not that disappointed. Don’t you think JKH might be picking non romantic dramas on purpose? I remember I read an article where k-actors said they felt awkward and uncomfortable doing intimate scenes once they were in a serious relationship or marriage.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, aisling said:

I didn’t even plan to watch LoM, I only started it when 8 episodes were already aired because so many people raved about it. I’m so glad I did, because this show might be the best OCN drama I’ve watched and easily ranks among my Top 10. Not only it was cleverly written but it had a lot of heart. And heart is what mattered most in the end. I came to love the whole gang and the show turned me into JKH fan. He was superb as HTJ alongside with the rest of the great cast. Thank you LoM cast and crew for creating such an amazing drama!

I'm so glad you decided to join the fun and enjoyed the drama. Imo, LoM is one of the best kdrama in recent times. It was a complete package, great script, great acting, great music, great cinematography, great effects etc. I know that this is a remake of an already popular bbc drama, but the korean version stood its ground and shined until the very end.

I hope the cast and crew get nominated for awards and maybe also win some. They deserve all the recognition they can get with this gem.

I’m so happy JKH has two not only successful but also critically acclaimed dramas in 2018! But he should rest after LoM. He really looks like he’s going to collapse soon. I watched some videos of him on YT and he’s never been this thin. I also hope LoM will get some awards recognition for their hard work. 

@triplem To be perfectly honest I just don’t see him as a rom-com material. I tried to watch One More Happy Ending and I don’t know how to describe it but I felt extremely awkward watching him playing rom-com type of character :D I think he’s way more suitable for action roles.

@aisling Have you seen him in Falling for Innocence? He's very good there even if the show isn't strictly a rom com. But he's very funny at various points. It's a ridiculous show but he makes it work. ;)

Yeah, he seemed to be looking thinner with every episode. He seemed to be swimming in some of those shirts during the 2018 scenes.

There have a been quite a few great ones from OCN in recent years and I'd say that LoM is among the best. It's certainly one of the best this year and undoubtedly one of the best K dramas ever made. Everything came together beautifully to give us this gem. As an adaptation it's a model for others to follow... an example of what can be achieved with thought and effort. Recontextualization can be done well! In certain respects I would even be so bold as to say that it managed to improve on the original. The writer did a fantastic job and I want him/her writing everything for OCN now. Heh. Although I am quite fond of the writer of Bad Guys too. 

It's great that you discovered this show and were able to join the rest of us in raving about this wonderful drama event. In a year of a number of outstanding dramas, this one can proudly hold its head up high.

I also didn't expect a kiss because it would have been out of character for both TJ and NY. At least we get a glimpse of what it to happen (as TJ made the move while walking her home)

JKH never really appeared on my radar and to be honest, the plot was what drew me in as I wasn't a big fan of any of the actors.

Fortunately, I didn't let this get in my way or I would have missed the most excellent drama. It's on my list for Best of 2018!

Talk about change - 2018 TJ would have tried to stop DC from assaulting the criminal but 1988 TJ just stands there and watches! Look at YG sneaking a glance at TJ. LOL.

o5ZJ7d.gif

11 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

JKH never really appeared on my radar and to be honest, the plot was what drew me in as I wasn't a big fan of any of the actors.

Fortunately, I didn't let this get in my way or I would have missed the most excellent drama. It's on my list for Best of 2018!

High five! JKH was never on my radar. I only watched PSW in man to man before this, and he was a fun character too. I decided to watch because i like retro dramas, plus 1988 is my year, so its kinda like a soft spot to me hehehe. 

@aisling and everyone else come and join JKH's soompi thread~ ahahaha

This is only the second drama of JKH that I watched after PP.  Too many oppas in Kdramaland.  He was fantastic in PP.  Here, he was beyond expectations and stands out clearly in talent among the thirty something actors.  Is he in his 30s?  I didn’t check lol.  Will always remember LoM as JKH’s drama cuz he made Tae-joo and 1988 so real and lovable.  A big fan of him now.  I believe all his struggles and confusions.  The whole gang... I will never forget their friendship.

I am the last person here who have not watched the last two episodes.  lol This past weekend has been too busy.  Will do soon.

The cast and crew will be having a vacation in Vietnam from 21-24 August.

Producer Kim says in an interview that they may be considering a second season, but it is still early stage now since the series just ended. 

He also thanked the cast for their wonderful acting, and that although it was hard work, everyone was having fun and joking on the set, the atmosphere was great. 

4 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I also didn't expect a kiss because it would have been out of character for both TJ and NY. At least we get a glimpse of what it to happen (as TJ made the move while walking her home)

Talk about change - 2018 TJ would have tried to stop DC from assaulting the criminal but 1988 TJ just stands there and watches! Look at YG sneaking a glance at TJ. LOL.

@Dramanoona JKH is one of the best actors I’ve known who can do comedy, arrogant, vain, killer, dark rom com, anti-hero, romance and even it’s the most oddest show you can watch you will be glued to his acting. He can make it happen!  By the way, he is a son of a famous TV director and his didn’t support JKH’s acting career. He defied his father’s wish but it was worth it. Seldom can you come across to such passionate actor :) . 

Haha Captain Kang’s wife is PSW’s own real wife! The writernim really knows when to insert hilarious situation. Captain Kang did a violent arrest for AHS yet when he was interrogated there’s no evidence of being bitten hard. hahahah

Okay this is the best Korean Violent-Crime-Thriller-Comedy-Time Travel and “wiretap drama” I have watched and the best ending as of 2018. 

Thank you everyone! I am going to repeat the whole story again! hahahah

@40somethingahjumma I wanted to watch the UK version because they said it’s very near topic to the original. I still can’t find where to watch though. So may I ask how was the korean version? 

Archived