[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

larus

It looks like he has decided to stay where he is. Most likely we will be left wondering which is his reality.

the static is back and he switches the radio channel  so I think he chooses the ignore the real world and stay with DC and team. 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for a live recap. So... in the end they did choose that path...

Well, what do you think?? Are you satisfied with the ending?

I don’t know why he heard Dr Jang’s voice. I really doubt his body survived that fall from a rooftop. Shouldn’t his body be dead?

Is there a sequel???

At the end of the credits, it's TJ at the station and before he leaves, the telephone rings. And it's KMS.

My guess is that TJ was from 2018 and towards the end, he makes the decision to stay in 1988 (hence tearing up the orders to transfer back to Seoul)

He knows that he is not living in the 'real' world, evidenced when he changes the channel in the car radio and joins the rest of the team singing.

We can only assume that he is still clinging to life in 2018 as there are attempts to get him to wake up and go back to 2018.

We don't really know what happens after death. Whether there is a tiny bit of our consciousness which helps us create a new world to cope, who knows. I think even if he does 'die' in 2018, there is no stopping him living in his 1988 world.

Bravo.......LOM cast and crew - well done!

PS Just realised that there was no finale party etc? So sad this drama did not receive as much love.

so... BBC ending then...

well, I love it <3<3<3<3<3

even tho the case in present year is more connected in this drama, but how Han Taejoo and Sam feels towards 1988 and 1973 are the same. They love being there

wohoooo

2 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

So if he chooses to stay in 1988, he will die in 2018?

Not sure. Its just an assumption for now. I watched live with limited understanding of korean language :D

Though i do think everything is a mind game. Especially after the last scene when KMS called TJ. Its open to interpretation. Huhu

Ps: i still wished they did not make him jump from the roof for an easy way out. I'd rather he had some after surgery complications hua3. I really dont support suicide eventhough its in a drama. But it was somewhat staying true to its original source. 

I suppose they did his death jump in a very classy way.

He did not feel pain when he clenched his fist around the file clip but remembers feeling NY's heart beat under his hands. So NY is more real to him than 2018.

You can see he jumped in a very confident manner and seemed to be embracing the possibility of going back to 1988.  I thought the drama would end at this point but PD nim and writer nim gave us an epilogue of sorts to see how the team were doing after the warehouse attack and to highlight reasons why TJ would decide to stay.

I think TJ got his happy ending.

3 minutes ago, aisling said:

Excuse me for my nagging but I just don’t understand how a person can survive a jump from a rooftop. <_<

LOL... we could always assume that the voices now on the television and radio could be the divine one calling him to redemption, not 2018.

If you think about it, he was run over by a car (twice!) , shot in the head and survived a fall off a bridge. Superman he is!

I think I will have to watch the episode again with subs but today it was easier to see where it was headed.

7 minutes ago, triplem said:

My only disappointment is no kiss. I was still holding out for it since I saw the spoiler video of the BBC  version.

Edit to add : without the after credit scene , I would say he died in 2018. But an adult KmS calling him in 1988, changes things a little . His body is still in limbo in 2018 

I see an opportunity for a movie or a sequel or a spinoff hahaha

I couldn't get to watch the show live, but reading the comments I actually quite like the ending (though I wished there was a kiss or even a scene with TJ&NY in a belated cinema date lol). 

I read though that in the BBC version, there was a sequel. Did the K version speed through the trilogy or was it just the first season? 

Cause I want more :tears: the group dynamic was amazing. 

21 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hmm not the end .,, he’s at the station alone , a phone call comes in. No sound on the other end. Then suddenly a strange voice- KMS!!  

KMS is from 2018 trying to bring him back so his spirit is in 1988.  He’s in a coma again.

@Dramanoona  @aisling yeah, he’s superman in 1988 so we know his body is not physically in 1988.  

Yup, sequel prime territory.

2 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

LOL... we could always assume that the voices now on the television and radio could be the divine one calling him to redemption, not 2018.

If you think about it, he was run over by a car (twice!) , shot in the head and survived a fall off a bridge. Superman he is!

I think I will have to watch the episode again with subs but today it was easier to see where it was headed.

This has been nagging me too. I for one don't think he was ever run over by the car. It doesnt make sense. I think that car accident is something made up in his mind for narrative purposes. Its different from the original version, in the UK version sam was ran over by a jeep and found himself on the road in 1970's. But for taejoo, he was shot in the head, amazingly he then wandered around alone at an alley that was supposed to be full with cops, heard the radio in a car and got ran over by a car and found himself on the road in 1988. So i think everthing that happened after he was shot, only happened in is own head. Besides to be shot at point blank and his scull is still in one piece is just a...miracle? Haha

Seriously this drama is open to interpretation.

Archived