[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

larus

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, triplem said:

preview : he is sad & conflicted thinking of the fate of his friends , he stands at the edge of the building . Omg is he going to kill himself ?

He has to go back to save them... so they can all go to the pub together. :)

POlice looking around for KMS and KMS seems to be having an episode. He just hits the woman with a barbell!

They found a woman who recognised the victim and went to her place. But KMS had bashed her head in.

TJ is running around looking for the house and seems to have found it.

He and GF go up. She is still alive!

TJ runs after KMS and tackes him.

KMS is caught and he is interrogated.

KMS and TJ talk. (Quite lengthy). Then TJ goes and looks for something. TJ looks for KMS's brother file again.

(ANd so much talking! I can't understand most of what is being said!)

I  think TJ and team have found KMS partner and it is KHS! (I am confused!) I know it's him because he used an inhaler.

KHS is talking to TJ. TJ had a gun pointed to his head but managed to take the gun so now he is pointing the gun at KHS. KHS wonders how TJ knows his name from 30 years ago. TJ tells him to remember and that he (KMS) was the one who shot his father.

Will TJ shoot? And TJ shoots into the air and spares KHS's life.

I suppose TJ has his closure. He faced the temptation to kill KHS but didn't.

I think the case is closed and KHS had taken someone's identity and lived as that person.

Trial scene : and TJ speaks for the prosecution.

TJ is packing away from files and sees something. The file has photos of his 1988 team! And it looks like all of them died on that day (when they were beaten up) :tears:

Preview:

TJ keeps thinking about his 1988 team. He seems to be obsessed.

And the preview ends with him on the roof (OH NO! Eerily familiar - I think they may be going for THAT ending)

19 minutes ago, triplem said:

I feel sad . The gang were real , they all died together beaten up by the gangsters . TJ can’t change the past can he ? He can only join them ? But he fought so hard and hung on to live. I’m not sure what to think if he kills himself . 

Exactly. I was sad when he opened the 1988 gang file. Huhu. I really dont want TJ to kill himself. But i like the theory that he joined the past, but did not change anything.

Anyone here watched the original UK version? Did the 1988 gang really exist like the korean version? 

P/s: no clips have been uploaded on OCN youtube yet. Usually its uploaded immediately. Huhu

Oh no! Not the UK ending!!! That ending would be too frustrating! Like it doesn’t explain anything! Was he in a coma or did he time travel? 

If he was in coma, it wouldn’t explain how he knew all accurate details about 1988 people and cases. If he time travelled, it wouldn’t explain why he was lying in a hospital all the time and didn’t disappear. I’m not sure how that ending will effect my love for this drama. I had hoped they’d come up with more logical explanation.

This episode made me realise that I really really miss the 1988 gang.

Sigh.

Whatever happens tomorrow, it's the writer's will.

I am gearing myself for a crying my eyes out ending. I think I have been let down by Korean drama endings over the years and my expectations are not too high. LOL.

If TJ will really jump in the final episode I could kind of understand. His life in the beginning episode in 2018 seemed very drab. He seemed quite a loner and friendless. On the other hand, he does make good friends in 1988 but every day he had his battles with the voices he heard regarding the state of his health. I feel so bad for him because it must be so hard to come back to 2018 while missing the team he bonded with in 1988 and of course NY. 

Quite frankly I’m willing to accept a sad ending if it makes sense.

6 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Exactly. I was sad when he opened the 1988 gang file. Huhu. I really dont want TJ to kill himself. But i like the theory that he joined the past, but did not change anything.

Anyone here watched the original UK version? Did the 1988 gang really exist like the korean version? 

If you have the chance to change the past, would you if the past was pleasant and you knew the future is bleak? I don't think he wants to change the past, more to live with something his heart identifies with.

There was a gang... @40somethingahjumma would be able to answer that. :)

2 minutes ago, aisling said:

If he was in coma, it wouldn’t explain how he knew all accurate details about 1988 people and cases. If he time travelled, it wouldn’t explain why he was lying in a hospital all the time and didn’t disappear. I’m not sure how that ending will effect my love for this drama. I had hoped they’d come up with more logical explanation.

Well, I think we are supposed to believe that he was in a purgatory phase while in coma (near death) where he met all the souls of the dead.  He didn't time traveled.  All the policemen and women who died while on duty, they souls are not freed and trapped.  They need resolution to move onto heaven.

Preview E16 finale

@triplem as much as i ship NY and TJ and adore the 1988 gang, i still dont want TJ to kill himself. He needs counseling to help combat his feelings of self destruction. Huhu

I miss the 1988 gang, but TJ needs a gang in 2018. Mannn, i really dont want him to jump.

Anyways, i went around googling brain surgery and found that patients are expected to stay 2 to 5 days after brain surgery, exact length depends on many factors (https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/centers_clinics/brain_tumor/treatment/surgery/post-surgery-care.html). So maybe it is possible for TJ to be fine quickly after getting shot in the head, and having brain surgery :ph34r:? It still doesnt make sense to me, but LOM does not really make sense anyway hohoho. He has no head scars, and his hair is as long as it has ever been heh.

8 hours ago, triplem said:

Yes ,  I had this idea a few episodes back...not sure if the rest were real , but that his soul was in some sort of purgatory in order to find closure for his dad's death. in some ways he was "destined" to meet the 88 gang because they were all involved with his dad's case and also KHS / KMS case . 

What i was hoping for originally was that the 88 gang was a projection of the people in the present. So he somehow will meet a  Na Young or a DC. But so late in the game it would be hard to bring that into the story

Yes, I remember you were very close to figuring it out :lol: TJ got over his trust issues and disappointment of not knowing why.  I think the drama's ending (if they are going this route and not throwing us for a loop late) is quite spiritual.  TJ got the chance to see and us the chance to know there is an afterlife.  One which we can have a full life, a happy one, such as our current one.  There is no question or fear of the unknown.  For TJ, he will be alone once his mom pass away.  We don't live forever but if he can choose an afterlife to continue on, this ain't bad.

Stay tune for the romance with Na Young.

Ratings (AGB Nielsen)  E15 (8/3/18):  4.657%

Source

Ep 15 subs are out! Lets try to arrange taejoo's timeline B). This timeline is based in my assumptions so it may be wrong, please feel free to comment :D

Earlier half of 2018

I really dont know which month taejoo was shot. So i tried to find clues in ep 1 and found this interesting tidbit: TJ arrived in 1988 in February, 207 days before 1988 olympics which is 23 February 1988. The 1988 olympics started on 17 September 1988. 

38494131_1852434394814019_54820766372037

April - May 2018

The expiry date on KMS's milk cartons were in April and May 2018. 

June 2018

I assume TJ woke up on 3rd June 2018, coinciding with the 1988 gang's date of death. However, the news clip shown on the TV at the hospital was an event that happened in May - President Moon visited US.

Spoiler

Based on the assumption that TJ woke up in June or late May and he was in a coma for a month, maybe it can be assumed that he was shot in late April or early May 2018.

July 2018

No info. I assume TJ is recuperating after brain surgery. His mom did say something about outpatient treatment. And it gives time for his hair to regrow hehe

August 2018

One of the latest murder victim was killed or found on 7th August 2018.

I guess it is really the first time i wish and fear for an ending the same time.

Checking the original I was prepared - but I was thinking the whole time if I like this ending or not... and still I am not too sure. BUt in the real time TJ now is lost and lonely and I love his Gang and even his heart is captured somewhere else - but on the other hand - his Mum will be heartbroken.

A still beautiful old lady...

Am i ready to let go today? No !

I will rewatch the latest Episode now - I was so damn tired when the subs came out - and I feared I can only watch a few minutes than I will fall asleep - but this show is so good It kept me on the edge of my seat for nearly the complete time - but in the last ten minutes - I lost it...

About the finale...

Spoiler

Well, seeing the previews, it seems like they chosed the end of the original series, seeing that TaeJoo wants to go back to 1988...

Spoiler

The sad news is that in the sequel (Ashes to Ashes), the main  lead reads the files of the uk version of HTJ (the BBC original lead) and it says suicide... Like, I don't know if it is a limbo or a "mind travel", but both options had HTJ's body ALIVE, and in the end, there is no body (live) to contain the mind/soul/whatever of HTJ whether in the present or the past or in the limbo... which means that he really dies :tears:

8 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Ep 15 subs are out! Lets try to arrange taejoo's timeline B). This timeline is based in my assumptions so it may be wrong, please feel free to comment :D

Earlier half of 2018

I really dont know which month taejoo was shot. So i tried to find clues in ep 1 and found this interesting tidbit: TJ arrived in 1988 in February, 207 days before 1988 olympics which is 23 February 1988. The 1988 olympics started on 17 September 1988. 

April - May 2018

The expiry date on KMS's milk cartons were in April and May 2018. 

June 2018

I assume TJ woke up on 3rd June 2018, coinciding with the 1988 gang's date of death. However, the news clip shown on the TV at the hospital was an event that happened in May - President Moon visited US.

Reveal hidden contents

Based on the assumption that TJ woke up in June or late May and he was in a coma for a month, maybe it can be assumed that he was shot in late April or early May 2018.

July 2018

No info. I assume TJ is recuperating after brain surgery. His mom did say something about outpatient treatment. And it gives time for his hair to regrow hehe

August 2018

One of the latest murder victim was killed or found on 7th August 2018.

Actually he got shot in April. If you noticed in the beginning of 1st episode, TJ got mention the date that he was recording of his findings.  And also they showed the calendar in his apartment when his mother called to say his father's prayers coming soon. 

Archived