[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

larus

Looks like Tae joo is retracing 1988 places.  Retracing where he has been and imagining the squad talking him through it.   He’s trying to find KMS using his instinct and what he knew from 1988.

DC existed, he’s real.  The squad too.  I think he will find all their names and cases eventually by digging up the station’s history. Anyone want to have a guess who they were? B)  

Full BTS.  Scooby gang... thank you for a job well done.  

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Didn't understand a thing but I am intrigued!

Is this still a dream? Has it always been a dream?

Haha. Is it always just a dream? 

P/s: If the ending takes the US version route, i may flip. Just reading that ending was weird hahaha

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Oh my the preview was something else . The gang is back or at least they remained in his imagination. DC is a convict ? Was his case in 1988 not solved ? But most importantly is Na Young real or not ? I don’t want him to go back to his ex :P

PSW adored the kids 

Yes, I think so.  Possible that is the route the drama will take in regard to the 1988 gang.  DC incarcerated for Chief Kim's murder.  Dae-hwan and Nam-sik demoted or transferred out.  Kim Hyung Seok never was captured and still roam free, mentoring Min Seok.  The detective working with Seo-Huyn... everyone's guessing it's KHS rising rank unnoticed, could it be true? Na Young, she knows Dr. Jang who is a neurosurgeon... how? unless she was his patient in the past.  She doesn't know Dr./Chief Ahn so she is not in the present or was ever saved by him.  Many possibilities, I am just going to sit back and enjoy the resolution. 

Minho is sooo cute.

Tae-joo would have to clear their names and solve the cases.  @40somethingahjumma what do you think (similar to BBC but with an epilogue)?

Guess he woke up, finally meeting the people that cared for him in 2018. BTW, on asianwiki, there's one character that we haven't met - the male nurse who cares for Kim Min Seok :)

Spoiler

Hong Hee-Won.  Have we seen him?

Hong_Hee-Won-P1.jpg

Choi Seung Yoon (aka Kim Min Seok) posted this on his IG, shooting till the end

Hodori is the name of the Seoul Olympics mascot.  He's a tiger, symbolizing good luck. :D

The bodyline was contoured to give a soft feeling, and the mascot wore an Olympic medal around the neck to identify itself with the Olympics.

To enhance the Korean flavor, the figure wore the traditional Sang-mo hat of a Korean farmer's band player. The hat's spiraling streamer formed an S-shape to denote the first letter of Seoul, as the host city.

Hodori was designed by Kim Hyun as an amicable Amur Tiger, portraying the friendly and hospitable traditions of the Korean people, and the name Hodori was chosen from 2,295 suggestions sent in by the public. "Ho" is derived from the Korean word for tiger (호랑이 horangi ), and "dori" is a diminutive for boys in Korean.
"Hodori" is also the name of the Korean Tae-Kwon-Do National Demonstration Team, which also uses the Hodori tiger as their symbol. (Wikipedia)

Spoiler

1192197-7.jpg

16 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Tae-joo would have to clear their names and solve the cases.  @40somethingahjumma what do you think (similar to BBC but with an epilogue)?

I'm not entirely sure now but probably yes. ;)

Spoiler

My guess is that TJ will crack the 2018 manicure murder case when he returns. I also think he will try to get back to 1988 the same way as Sam Tyler and there will be an epilogue explaining what happened to DC, NS, NY and YG a la Ashes to Ashes.

The ending of Episode 14 threw me for a loop. The way they rejigged Chief Ahn's arc was not what I was expecting at all. The twist was probably necessary but now things will play out rather differently from what I had previously envisaged.

I’m so confused about a preview for episode 15. How is his ex-fiancée next to him? Wasn’t she kidnapped? Did she escape from KMS or something?

If the whole gang really existed in the past how did TJ know about them? How did he made up real people?

14 minutes ago, triplem said:

@katakwasabi I pm you the link. Gonna wAtch Live . Thanks @Dramanoona. I have one device only , so I’ll come back to chat with you guys after 

Thank you! I plan to watch live too. Hopefully i can understand some of the words they will say hahaha

Ep 15 just started!

Edit: its amazing that taejoo can walk around so freely after brain surgery. Is this reality or not? Hmmm

Edit 2: scratch the above. I'm not sure how long it took for TJ to wake up after the surgery. I need subs lol.

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh my Dr Jang and Chief An just revealed themselves as his doctors in the present. His ex came to see him in the hospital and some other cop had saved her. But my stream stopped just as he was asking her  about KMS. It's amazing that he's able to walks immediately after getting up :D.  Normally they are weak and need physiotherapy

Thanks for the update! I’m impatiently waiting for these two final episodes.

LOL, TJ should get a Ye Line therapy, right?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh my Dr Jang and Chief An just revealed themselves as his doctors in the present. His ex came to see him in the hospital and some other cop had saved her. But my stream stopped just as he was asking her  about KMS. It's amazing that he's able to walks immediately after getting up :D.  Normally they are weak and need physiotherapy

Exactly my thoughts. But i dont know how long it actually took between his operation and him waking up. 

Omg. I think Taejoon is hallucinating. He sees dongchul in 2018. And also nayoung. 

The 1988 cases seems to be real! Theres a file. But taejoo thinks about someting.

TJ asks his cop friend to search for 1988 gang in the police database. But their names were not found.

P/s: i still cant wrap around my head that taejoo is walking around after brain surgery like nothing happened huhu

Quick recap

He's back in 2018 and meets the voice (his doctor) and his surgeon (Chief Ahn)

He asks his mother about what really happened to his dad in Insung and she is surprised he can remember and she apologises for not telling him what happened.

He wonders if it was all a dream when he goes back to the police station (where he worked in 1988) and found the file on the deaths of the father's partner and his father's photos when he was shot. Then he tries to find out if his colleagues (1988) existed but they were not found in the database. I think he really likes NY and he imagines seeing her in the records room.

So apparently his 2018 gf is alive and well (not sure how) and it looks like KMS is dead or he has killed someone.

She is now telling TJ about the moments before he got into the accident where he was in a coma.

Now they are having an intense talk (with intense music) and .....

Yup.. just read your remarks. TJ is remarkably well. Haha.

I think they found KMS hideout and TJ, his gf and a police officer went to the hideout...

SHots ring out....

KMS has a partner! It was almost death by car again for TJ. KMS got into the car...and now there is an APB for KMS.

They found the car .....and the police are watching the news about KMS evading the police.

I'll be back during the break. LOL.

Update:

Tj is thinking about KMS. GF (girlfriend) is telling TJ about the MO and photos of the dead womena and their nails etc.

TJ found some pills in evidence and he is speculating something,

He notices KMS has the shakes and need medication. (similar to his brother?)

At the crime scene, TJ imagines DC again and NS. JKH expression is so good! He has a look as if he is in disbelief and part missing DC a lot. Then they are gone.

TJ sits in a convenience shop and thinks about how KMS plans his next move. How he picks his victims.

Now he imagines seeing NY who explains what he is thinking and you see 'bogoshipda' written all over his face. Haha! Then she is gone.

Back at the station, they look at CCTV and card activity (not sure what they are saying0

They probably have the next victim. Scene with a woman walking home alone (dark street, woman alone) and KMS going around a corner and entering her home behind her.

BAck at the station, they are talking and TJ and gf talking to the officers.

Is KMS killing women who look like his noona?

Scene: KMS with his next victim and putting make up on her.

Archived