[Drama 2018] Life on Mars, 라이프 온 마스

larus

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Hyun Seok was going to reveal the name until he was shot by Chief Kim.  Hmmm, suspicious!

Hi @bedifferent yup I'm also suspicious of Chief Kim. The way he smirked when he shot KHS. Maybe he's the Seoul Caller, anyway looking forward to next week's episodes.

Yup I pitied KMHS too till he stabbed TJ. For someone who helped him, he still want to stab him, this means KHS is beyond help, he is a killer. The only person he loves is his younger brother, KMS. So that's how KMS killing habit came from.....painting fingernails and toenails, then makeup.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

What happens then with NY , DC and the gang ? I have been desperately wanting the love line to take off even though it may not be on the cards if 1988 is nothing but his subconscious or memories .

hi @triplem chingu, I too have the same feelings as you. I would prefer TJ to stay in 1988 and become a couple with NY. I also love to see the bromance between the Captain and TJ. The Captain made me laughed countless times when watching this drama.

I hope to have a good ending to this drama......

Daebak episode!

I literally had goosepimples watching the ending scene of TJ and KHS on the bridge.

uTfD8T.png

zA6Lhf.png

So we come full circle.

Now I am trying to figure out who is the other protagonist if Kim Hyun Seok is not the end-game.

What purpose is TJ there in 1988?

I swear that this has to be one of the best dramas I have watched this year.

To think we have 4 (?) more episodes to go!

1 hour ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

Something very suspicious about Chief Kim. 

Why was Han Tae Joo's father killed? 

...another six days of excruciating wait for all of us.

Excellent question! What has HCH got to do with all these as it seems KHS began with a very personal grudge.

PS. That woman is a disgrace to the nursing profession.

I was unhappy no preview for ep13... 

As got 4 episodes left, there is a probability that Tae Joo may wake up from his coma.

As he didn't time travel, i'm not sure what to make about the events that he is going through while he is in coma. I am not sure it changes the future as he is in coma right?  

@triplem

Seeing that list made me realised  that I have watched all except for Save Me (too dark!) and Children of a Lesser God. Way to go OCN!

Hmm.. it is possible that HCH was killed because of the similarity between his father (KHS) and HCH. But not to the extent where he (HCH) would abuse his family. TJ's dad really really loved him. So could it have been envy? Or was HCH just collateral damage - one more person who got in the way.

17 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

@triplem

Seeing that list made me realised  that I have watched all except for Save Me (too dark!) and Children of a Lesser God. Way to go OCN!

Hmm.. it is possible that HCH was killed because of the similarity between his father (KHS) and HCH. But not to the extent where he (HCH) would abuse his family. TJ's dad really really loved him. So could it have been envy? Or was HCH just collateral damage - one more person who got in the way.

I think he saw first hand the trauma little taejoo faced when on the tracks and the tunnel. Maybe thats why he killed dad. Or its like u mentioned, dad is just collateral damage.

Ost 3 with subs :D. Now i can fully understand the song. I was confused at 'opportunities in life' part before. Haha

On 7/18/2018 at 8:52 PM, __jesse said:

So this is my crazy theory, in hope for a happy happy ending for HTJ and Miss Yoon in 2018.

Miss Yoon: We’re both alive. We’re not illusions.

Miss Yoon is quite an enigma for me because, just as you've brought up, she knows Dr Jang AND her role as "exposition" device here are (she plays Miss Information Super Highway a little too well) hints for something. My theory is too bizzare with some tints from BBC and US versions colouring it so I'll keep it to myself. But I too am hoping for a real happy ending, hopefully in line with your theory...

In light of the recent epiosdes 11 & 12... should I put my money on the manicure killer being the ET Guy?

It's Han Tae-Joon's achilles heels: Facts vs Truth....

Kim Hyun-Seok plots and manages to come this far in his revenge. He is too sane and intelligent to kill repeatedly on impulse. But the mentally unbalanced ET Guy, drugged and watching KHS being dolled up,  may have developed the fetish and urge to relive the moment he sees KHS on makeup. "He likes to watch..."   Officer Yoon says when she wonders why the victim is posed in certain way. The way the ET Guy watches KHS helpless and 'pretty' is just..... uncomfortable.

But if so... where does 2018 KMS fit in this...? "I remember that look on your face..." (2018 KMS)....  is he referring to young HTJ or the 1988 HTJ?

Anyway, I haven't been this satisfied watching Kdrama since Signal... even if I trip all over the place trying to connect the dots...

edited to add: sadly, I think HCH is killed because he sees KHS... a casualty for he is at wrong place and wrong time....   he figures out that the GYS killer is KHS and confronts him.

@triplem @bedifferent Oh I got the answer to my question yesterday, so they were not on the right street, but just running around randomly !

4 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Daebak episode!

I literally had goosepimples watching the ending scene of TJ and KHS on the bridge.

So we come full circle.

Now I am trying to figure out who is the other protagonist if Kim Hyun Seok is not the end-game.

What purpose is TJ there in 1988?

I swear that this has to be one of the best dramas I have watched this year.

To think we have 4 (?) more episodes to go!

Yes remember in 2018, there was another guy who shot TJ? Kim Min Seok had an accomplice whom we did not get to see

Btw any Nine Times Travel fans here? The ending scene at the bridge really reminded me of it! The male lead was also stabbed in almost the same spot, and fell into the river from a bridge, and time-trravelling too !! Ah, that was one of my favourite K-dramas.

Kim Hyun Seok's obsession with the colour red is real - red manicure, red car, even dressed KMS in red.

Interesting article on the pre-Olympics clean-up: https://www.thequint.com/news/world/south-koreas-shameful-secret-mass-killings-and-abuse-cover-up 

Pretty sure TJ will wake up in 2018 next episode and nothing has changed.

Now that KHS is exposed, who is the cop accomplice who manipulated the evidence and shot HTJ in 2018? And what's his motive? Who is the cop from Seoul? And why is Chief Kim always trying to get in the way of the investigation? So many questions! 

5 hours ago, allegramente said:

edited to add: sadly, I think HCH is killed because he sees KHS... a casualty for he is at wrong place and wrong time....   he figures out that the GYS killer is KHS and confronts him.

KHS deliberately went to Insung Station to kill HCH because HCH was the only suspect. If he dies, the case will be closed.

Edited: KHS said, "Who said that it's over? I didn't even start yet." What if KHS intends to go after all the people involved in the "clean-up" operation, which perhaps involved the Insung Chief and other high ranking officers in Seoul? Maybe when the Seoul cop said, "The problem lies inside," he wasn't referring to KHS, but the Chief.

Thank you very much for the updates @triplem. I like the speculations too and hope to see taejoo in 2018. But please go on a movie date with nayoung first, they missed their previous movie date:wub:

I will rewatch life on mars when it finish airing. So i can see what i've missed before. Ahaha. I want to buy the dvd set, but i'm not sure if subs are available~

9 hours ago, allegramente said:

Miss Yoon is quite an enigma for me because, just as you've brought up, she knows Dr Jang AND her role as "exposition" device here are (she plays Miss Information Super Highway a little too well) hints for something. 

In light of the recent epiosdes 11 & 12... should I put my money on the manicure killer being the ET Guy?

It's Han Tae-Joon's achilles heels: Facts vs Truth....

Kim Hyun-Seok plots and manages to come this far in his revenge. He is too sane and intelligent to kill repeatedly on impulse. But the mentally unbalanced ET Guy, drugged and watching KHS being dolled up,  may have developed the fetish and urge to relive the moment he sees KHS on makeup. "He likes to watch..."   Officer Yoon says when she wonders why the victim is posed in certain way. The way the ET Guy watches KHS helpless and 'pretty' is just..... uncomfortable.

But if so... where does 2018 KMS fit in this...? "I remember that look on your face..." (2018 KMS)....  is he referring to young HTJ or the 1988 HTJ?

All these theories just confuse me even more!!! Ms Yoon is too efficient.  I agree that she must know Dr. Jang of Neurosurgery in 2018.  In what capacity and timeline I’m not sure.  She could be one of his patients who were also comatose thus why she is also in 1988 with Tae-joo.

She acts like Ms Siri or Ms Google, that kind of wiki-helpful.  There is usually some sort of electronic stimulants playing at all times for comatose patients.  What if she is a character from those stimulants in 2018 for Tae-joo?

What is confusing to me in regard to KMS in 2018 being a copy cat killer is that

1) He kills random women, often those who lives alone, not sinners... these are different criterias than KHS, his hyung.  There is no personal connection.  What is the common thread among his victims?

2) Little KMS never witnessed the murders first hand.  He didn’t observe how his hyung killed GYS, how can he duplicate the same killing methods... stuffing of underwear, strangulation.  Did KHS teach KMS?  Or did KMS read about his brother’s killing spree in the papers later?

3) KMS was in Tae-joo’s hospital room.  How did he get there?  He disguised himself as a hospital worker, who helped him get into the room?

ET guy is an enigma but he doesn’t seem smart enough to evade the police to me.  There is a purpose for the character, what is it???? :lol:  If your theory is true, is ET mentoring KMS after KHS’s death?

7 hours ago, __jesse said:

Kim Hyun Seok's obsession with the colour red is real - red manicure, red car, even dressed KMS in red.

Interesting article on the pre-Olympics clean-up: https://www.thequint.com/news/world/south-koreas-shameful-secret-mass-killings-and-abuse-cover-up 

Edited: KHS said, "Who said that it's over? I didn't even start yet." What if KHS intends to go after all the people involved in the "clean-up" operation, which perhaps involved the Insung Chief and other high ranking officers in Seoul? Maybe when the Seoul cop said, "The problem lies inside," he wasn't referring to KHS, but the Chief.

Do you think KMS is the driver of the car that hit Tae-joo that night?  :P If KHS did not die from the fall in the river, he could team up with his brother KMS in 2018.  Are there other killings beside the women that were unsolved in 2018?  Should be of older victims.

Chief Kim, where is he in 2018? Did we meet him yet?  

I'm wondering is the 1st victim in 1988 (shown at the end of ep 1) related to KHS too? She had red nails when they found her body but the killer had been caught in the 2nd ep. Are there more than 1 manicure killer? Hmmmm.

This is so sad. Where is humanity? Huhu

This is quite a long read. But i do think this maybe used as reference for KHS's character in LOM. Such cruelty remain unresolved :(

https://nypost.com/2016/04/19/south-korea-covered-up-mass-murder-of-vagrants-before-1988-olympics/amp/

and now the concentration camp site is a housing area with tall buildings. Its said that there could be hundreds of bodies still out there. Scary. I wont buy any housing at that area huhuhu

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm wondering is the 1st victim in 1988 (shown at the end of ep 1) related to KHS too? She had red nails when they found her body but the killer had been caught in the 2nd ep. Are there more than 1 manicure killer? Hmmmm.

This is so sad. Where is humanity? Huhu

This is quite a long read. But i do think this maybe used as reference for KHS's character in LOM. Such cruelty remain unresolved :(

https://nypost.com/2016/04/19/south-korea-covered-up-mass-murder-of-vagrants-before-1988-olympics/amp/

and now the concentration camp site is a housing area with tall buildings. Its said that there could be hundreds of bodies still out there. Scary. I wont buy any housing at that area huhuhu

Thanks for that. :( Appalling stuff and certainly a blight on their history. But it's certainly not peculiar to SK that people in power abuse their power to get results. Seems like reality was a lot worse than what we saw in Episode 12. 

It goes to show how wonderfully well written this show is. It's fantastic how they manage to incorporate different facets of recent history in various episodes and link all that with KMS' serial killing antics. 

@triplem Oooh... I hadn't noticed that Miss Yoon had a photo of TJ in her notebook. I must've blinked right about the time it happened. ;) Good catch!

I don't really think that the guy in 2018 who was yelling at TJ for whistle blowing is DC. :D If anything, DC would be more a symbolic or representative of a kind of attitude among cops who think that they can flout evidence laws as long as they can get their man behind bars. The frustration is understandable but there are long term consequences for the lack of regard for the rule of law. I generally subscribe to the coma theory in so far as TJ's unconscious might be dealing with certain issues in his own experiences as his life hangs in a balance. 

Archived