Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018-2019] Clean With Passion For Now, 일단 뜨겁게 청소하라

6 hours ago, Jillia said:

I think in the webtoon there is a love triangle as well. But I'm not sure. I think in the webtoon one of the male cleaning fairies is interested in Oh Sol. I think they didn't want that in the drama. :) But I could be wrong.

Would it have been with dongyeon?? I actually wouldn't have minded seeing that :love:

• Like 7

Just now, Mymindisblank said:

Would it have been with dongyeon?? I actually wouldn't have minded seeing that :love:

I'm not sure about that. :D Could also been Jae Min - in the webtoon he has blue hair I believe and piercings. But I'm honestly not sure if there is a love triangle in the webtoon.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, faithinme lara said:

i am wondering how the original webtoon plot look like? and their need to added love triangle in this. 

the webtoon itself focus on what aspect, if i my ask to those who already read the webtoon?  

I have read the webtoon. I don't recall there is love triangle for O-Sol, there is another guy also part of cleaning fairies that O-Sol like, a gentle and sweet guy ( Sun-Gyeol jealous of him all the time) but his character ends up with Joo-Yeon. I think they change it to the jerk senior in the drama. Joo-Yeon in the manhwa is Sun-Gyeol's cousin. Dong-Hyun character ends up with another character not in the drama who like Sun-Gyeol when she join cleaning fairies, it is kinda secondary couple which is quite cute in the manhwa. Sun-Gyeol secretary in the manhwa is a male and O-Sol don't have a younger brother in manhwa.

Spoiler from manhwa:

Spoiler

if the plot is going to be like the mahwa, there will be a contract from Sun-Gyeol's mum for O-Sol to work as Sun-Gyeol's house keeper. In return to pay for O-Sol's parents debt which is also kinda different from drama. In the contract also stated that O-Sol and Sun-Gyeol are not suppose to have romantic relationship. I guess they kinda change a number of things from the manhwa, but there are some parts still same as the manhwa such as O-Sol falling off the ladder, the ear wax scene at the start, etc.

From MaknaeCloud

Edited by triplem
Please do post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add.
  • Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/19/2018 at 10:54 AM, Jillia said:

I think Choi Goon is genuinely a good guy who likes Oh Sol but realistically knows he doesn't stand a chance. Even though he is adorable and I like that he found the perfect timing and opportunity to confess to Oh Sol. :) 

But I also like that he confronts Sun Kyul. In the end he tells him "Hey if you're not confessing, here I am and I like her and I tell you so you're aware that you might miss YOUR good timing and opportunity". In a way he encourages Sun Kyul to tell Oh Sol he needs her. 

I agree with you on these points. I think CG is a good guy, and I really like that he confessed to OS anyway even if he knows that he has no chance with her. At least it's out in the open, and it's not hidden away and festering while he plays at being a saint all for the sake of love, or anything like that.

17 hours ago, Jillia said:

The character descriptions don't offer any age but of course the storytelling leads to conclusions about which age the characters should be right now with their life experience etc. Even though in South Korea people are very young when they go to university and Choi Goon didn't really go to classical med school (or was this mentioned in the drama?). I think he is a neuropsychiatrist which doesn't equal going to med school to become a doctor. Neuropsychology is part of clinical psychology and most students take their minors in biology and neuroscience. I have co-workers who are in their mid-20s and are almost done with their psychology major. So I think it's possible to be young when graduating. And in the drama it's established that Choi Goon is relatively young for a neuropsychiatrist, especially with his reputation.

Btw, I should offer a quick clarification of some of the English. I haven't read the character descriptions so I don't know if CG is a psychologist or a psychiatrist, but there is a very big difference in their training to be one or the other. 

A psychiatrist is a medical doctor, meaning he would have had to go to med school first before he could then specialize in psychiatry. In the US, someone who wanted to be a psychiatrist would have to go to university to get an undergraduate degree (BA or BS or the equivalent), then go to medical school to get a medical degree (MD), then at least a 4 year residency program in order to become a psychiatrist.  So, at least 12 years in total. If one is a genius, then one could probably cut that down to 10 years in total by condensing his time at university as an undergraduate. However, if he's such a genius, then he could have skipped grades in elementary, middle, and high school years. If he had graduated high school at 15 years old, then he could be about 25 by the time he finished training. Plus add a 2 year neuropsychiatry fellowship, and he would be about 27. Normally, practitioners are in their 30's by the time they finish their training.

A psychologist is not a medical doctor, so their training is more like a graduate program, so university (BA, BS, etc.), then a master's program (MA, MS, etc.) and/or a doctoral program (PhD or equivalent).  So, as fast as 8 years of university and post-graduate studies would have done it. So, again, assuming that he graduates high school at 15, he would only be 23 by the time he could practice as a psychologist. However, normally, practitioners normally finish when they are in their late 20's.

So, it's possible, if not probable.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

@emily00

Thank you so much for the clarification. :) I was unsure whether there is a love triangle or not. But I remember the gentle interactions. :D

@stroppyse

I think there might be differences between South Korea, the US and Germany. I'm not familiar with the way it's done in South Korea. But of course in Germany as well you do a lot more than graduate in a psychology major. And of course in the end practice and experience can't be achieved as a genius and within a short amount of time as a psychiatrist. I guess for this drama we just have to believe without questioning it too much. I had no problem with it until it was brought up. :) But again thank you for the clarification on how the education is in the US.

And for Choi Goon: I agree. I think it would be questionable if he would follow her without her actually knowing and not asking of him to bring her stuff. But actually he is pretty fair confessing and telling her that everything just stays the same, aside from talking less formal to her. :) 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

All along I thought the secretary was pro otp relationship.  I thought she brought the grandpa to see how OS is good for SG. And the grandpa even smiles so I thought when the secretary said "shall we proceed as plan" ... i thought they were trying to get our OTP together. So I dont understand why they wants to separate our OTP. It will be very hard for SG who grew up without friends or family. He finally slowly open up to all these foreign feelings for 1 person. He is so lonely that he named hos vacuum cleaner after his nanny so tjat he can have a conversation with his nanny like she is still alive. Thats just so sad. His distant grandfather who view his grandson as a taint to his mint name  is not considered as family

Btw..did the vacuum robot break down and no longer working? Bcos I saw him took it apart to clean.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, emily00 said:

This is so cute. bts are even cuter than drama. :love:

Yes they're adorable. :lol: I'm glad they're so comfortable with eachother. No awkwardness at all.

15 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Btw..did the vacuum robot break down and no longer working? Bcos I saw him took it apart to clean.

Sorry to cut your post. :)

I noticed that the vacuum robot and Sun Kyul's air shower in the company broke down in the episode. A sign that his fear for germs is ending as well maybe?

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

All along I thought the secretary was pro otp relationship.  I thought she brought the grandpa to see how OS is good for SG. And the grandpa even smiles so I thought when the secretary said "shall we proceed as plan" ... i thought they were trying to get our OTP together. So I dont understand why they wants to separate our OTP. It will be very hard for SG who grew up without friends or family. He finally slowly open up to all these foreign feelings for 1 person. He is so lonely that he named hos vacuum cleaner after his nanny so tjat he can have a conversation with his nanny like she is still alive. Thats just so sad. His distant grandfather who view his grandson as a taint to his mint name  is not considered as family

I don't think, they want to separate the couple... but the grandfather's biggest wish is that his grandson takes over his company. However, in their last confrontation, the grandfather repeated one more time what he wanted:

- Dating and having a normal relationship

- getting rid of his disorder

- taking over his company

But for that, he needs to find someone whom SK likes... For the grandfather, OS will help him in the long run to have his wishes come true. OS needs to leave the company for a while so that SK is forced to admit his feelings. So far, he hasn't confessed to her yet. He just said that he needed her... that's why in the preview OS says that she might have a one-sided crush. She is not sure about his feelings. 

• Like 12

I agree with @bebebisous33! I also think that it's always foreshadowing when one of the leads say something like "I need you by my side" or "Don't leave my side". The normal consequence in a drama and overall storytelling is: there is a temporary separation. I don't see this drama as one in which there are bad people. I believe the grandpa and Secretary Gwon and Choi Goon in their own way try to help Sun Kyul.

But we also see that Sun Kyul can be completely normal with Oh Sol. He has no issue taking her hand, he runs out into the rain to save Oh Sol from a possible offender (he doesn't think twice) and so on. On the other hand he is still very much imprisoned so to speak by his phobia - as seen in the umbrella scene. So something must happen to break through this anxiety.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I have a robot vacuum (which I also talk about like a person, haha) and you have to take them apart every once in a while to clean the dust that collects inside it. I don’t think SK’s broke. 

I originally thought grandpa might tear apart our OTP as well, especially when I saw OS crying and SK breaking down in the preview. But I’m now thinking the same as@bebebisous33, especially considering what @emily00 said about the webtoon’s plot. I wonder if this is all temporary and grandpa needs OS to leave the company for a bit so SK will leave, and then he will reinstate her as an employee of some sort to keep SK on the road to recovery. But I do think grandpa and SK’s mother might forbid a romance. 

We’re only at episode 9, so lots of OTP scenes still need to happen. I think he needs to completely trust her, then have the break up, and then get back together. I feel like they’re too fragile at the moment to fight for the other, well on OS’ side at least. What SK did, with meeting CG and her father, shows he’s already fighting to keep her :wub: :wub:

• Like 12

CG grew on me as a character in the last few episodes but I can't take his love for GOS seriously. Even she didn't think he was serious after his confession. He treats her more like a younger sister than potential lover. Sometimes it looks like he is making fun of her and not wooing her. And I don't like that he doesn't want to reveal their past and when they met for the first time. 

The meeting between JSK and CG was so funny. CG was so calm and JSK so nervous. I'm curious what CG actually found out at this meeting and what he was thinking after because I'm sure that there was much more to it than what JSK told him. 

Secretary Kwon and Grandpa are mystery to me. One thing I noticed is that there are a lot of similarities between Grandpa and JSK. And Secretary Kwon can work well with both of them. Sometimes she just has a strange (scary?) face.

This is one scene that caught my attention when watching 8 episode. There is something in that scene I can't describe. It looks like that smile just happened and it feels so real. :love: 

JSK-smile.gif

I want to thanks all of you who bring us information, videos, photos and all other things. Especially you @Jillia for your hard work and keeping this thread alive. Thank you bukiet.gif

• Like 11

One thing for sure.

I'm waiting for the 3rd kiss, but this time the kiss happen with both consent and fully conscious :D. No matter who will initiate first.

I hope I don't have to wait too long.

@triplem , in your opinion –when will it be?

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

One thing for sure.

I'm waiting for the 3rd kiss, but this time the kiss happen with both consent and fully conscious :D. No matter who will initiate first.

I hope I don't have to wait too long.

@triplem , in your opinion –when will it be?

Since we had one in episode 3, then another one in episode 6 ... the next kiss should happen in the episode 9... or 12.

• Like 9
  • LOL 7

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Since we had one in episode 3, then another one in episode 6 ... the next kiss should happen in the episode 9... or 12.

Gomawo @bebebisous33 for responding so fast. I hope it will be in ep 9 :wub:, in the ending later continue on ep 10 in the opening :D. They need to resolve their feeling quickly. After that they need to face the obstacles from Mom and GrandPa together. Also along the struggling on gaining Approval from them, OS and SK need to heal each other painful trauma, by accepting their past.

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

:Dthat gif is Representing me 100% .

Especially when I'm imagining the kiss happen after they've missing each other so bad.

Why isn't it Monday yet? :D

I'm glad that apparently they don't plan to preempt the spot on Christmas. :) So we're lucky! Not so lucky in terms of having our couple separated but we will survive it and the reunion will be very sweet. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2