Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018-2019] Clean With Passion For Now, 일단 뜨겁게 청소하라

This drama looks cute. Ahn Hyo Seop could use a little seasoning, but I actually rather like him, having watched him in both Happy Home and Father is Strange. Also, Kim Yoo Jung is already a seasoned veteran. Heck, she was the most veteran of the leads in MDBC as well. So, not sure that it's mandatory that KYJ have to act with a more experienced actor. As @Jillia mentioned,  AHS and KYJ have very pleasing visuals together since they're relatively close in age, which since this is a romantic comedy, is pretty important. It will be nice not to have romance where there is a 10 year gap between the leads with one lead looking very young, and having to buy that they're peers or something.

Thanks for starting the thread @Jillia. Also, cute, festive front page you've made. It feels so right for the drama. :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Jillia chingu, thanks for this thread. This drama is a MUST for me because I love Kim Yoo Jung :wub:. Have watched Ahn Hyo Seop in other dramas before but not a great fan yet. Its good that he has a main lead role now. I like him in Father is Strange.

Looking forward to this drama in April......

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Very warm welcome to all the newcomers to this thread! :D I hope we can all enjoy this drama.

@stroppyse Thank you so much! Please let me know if I should change anything in the first post. I was playing around a bit  but I still can improve it. :D Also, granted @0ly40 created the thread and was so generous to let me take ownership of the first post. :) 

Yes, I liked AHS in FiS and he is certainly not the most experienced actor out there but also not the worst, right? :) I have a feeling they both have the right timing for the humor in this drama. 

3 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

@Jillia AHS??? AHS of FIS???? ohhh.. I love him!! and I love kYJ too!! hahahaha.. thanks...what a good news in the morning... :wub:

wait... you created this thread already a week ago... how could I just notice it today. lol

Sorry, I didn't really reply to the part about the thread. I didn't create it. @0ly40 did but was kind to let me take the ownership of the first post since I'm going to be active in this thread prior, during and after the drama. :)

Also, I locked the thread because until a couple days ago Kim Yoo Jung wasn't confirmed for this drama and neither were any other actors. So I unlocked the thread only just then and hence why the thread appeared again. :D

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@stroppyse Thank you so much! Please let me know if I should change anything in the first post. I was playing around a bit  but I still can improve it. :D Also, granted @0ly40 created the thread and was so generous to let me take ownership of the first thread. :) 

@jillia, the first post looks nice and fun as it is. :) Btw, it wouldn't surprise me if we ran into more friends from the MDBC thread here.

Thanks @0ly40 for creating the thread. Amazed at how active you are on so many threads. :) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@jillia, the first post looks nice and fun as it is. :) Btw, it wouldn't surprise me if we ran into more friends from the MDBC thread here.

Thanks @0ly40 for creating the thread. Amazed at how active you are on so many threads. :) 

I'm looking forward to see more of our friends from the MDBC thread. :D It's been way too long since Kim Yoo Jung's last drama.

Also, so happy to see you here as well, @stroppyse:D

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Omg!!! I'm so excited for Yoo Jungie!!! And her new leading man Ahn Hyo Seop... I am resurrected all over again... And the hype is on again guysss... It was so nice seeing you all again here...so many familiar faces... I feel this thread is going to get an amazing haven for this drama...  Looking forward to your insights guys...:D:D:wub::wub:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

Hoping someone can translate this article, there is a paragraph saying that AHS was casted after consecutive meetings and audition with fierce competition? It might be a google translate thing and is not accurate but I hope its true. I hope YJ was involved in that 3 month casting audition if there is really any. 

From google translate:

The official said, "We cast An Hyo-seop as a pre-requisite through several meetings. "It is an expressive rookie who has a sense of character in the audition conducted in a fierce competition and has an irreplaceable charm that seems to have drawn a comic book into reality."

Reveal hidden contents

I like the age and the physical aspect of the casting. AHS is good looking and their age difference is really good. I have tried to watch him in Father is Strange and he is stiff and I can't feel anything from his acting there. But I watched him in Queen of the Ring and he is better (maybe because his role can do more), he is a little charming but still lacking. But if they really did an audition here, maybe the role fits him and he did well for him to be casted.

I hope AHS's character is endearing, as long as he and YJ has chemistry, this might work then. I hope YJ's character is good too, bright but hope to have substance. Hwaiting! 

From what I take from the articles I've read is that there was strong competition and they met AHS several times before they made the decision to cast him. He was apparently able - even as young/inexperienced he is - to show his understanding for the character from the manhwa he is going to play. :) 

So, yes, apparently they didn't make it easy to choose him.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Ahn Hyo-seop is Kim Yoo-jung’s leading man in new JTBC drama

ahn-hyo-seop-e1516771146331.jpg?w=660
Date: January 24, 2018 Author: grumpyahjumma 

Ahn Hyo-seop (Father is Strange) is now confirmed to star as the male lead in the upcoming JTBC drama adaptation of the popular webtoon Clean With Passion For Now (literal translation) opposite Kim Yoo-jung (Moonlight Drawn By Clouds).

Ahn Hyo-seop will portray the hero Jang Sun-kyul, who owns a cleaning business with severe germophobia. He will cross paths with Gil Oh-sol (Kim Yoo-jung), an “untidy” part-timer in his company.

Song Jae-rim was also reportedly offered a major role that was not in the original webtoon.

The drama will premiere in April and will take over JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday slot after Laughter in Waikiki.

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/01/24/ahn-hyo-seop-is-kim-yoo-jungs-leading-man-in-new-jtbc-drama/

• Like 6

10 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

Hoping someone can translate this article, there is a paragraph saying that AHS was casted after consecutive meetings and audition with fierce competition? It might be a google translate thing and is not accurate but I hope its true. I hope YJ was involved in that 3 month casting audition if there is really any. 

From google translate:

The official said, "We cast An Hyo-seop as a pre-requisite through several meetings. "It is an expressive rookie who has a sense of character in the audition conducted in a fierce competition and has an irreplaceable charm that seems to have drawn a comic book into reality."

Hide contents

I like the age and the physical aspect of the casting. AHS is good looking and their age difference is really good. I have tried to watch him in Father is Strange and he is stiff and I can't feel anything from his acting there. But I watched him in Queen of the Ring and he is better (maybe because his role can do more), he is a little charming but still lacking. But if they really did an audition here, maybe the role fits him and he did well for him to be casted.

I hope AHS's character is endearing, as long as he and YJ has chemistry, this might work then. I hope YJ's character is good too, bright but hope to have substance. Hwaiting! 

I'm happy that drama officials have come forward with how they came to offer AHS, a relative newbie, the role.  It clarifies things and makes us wait and give him the chance.  In addition, I haven't seen any of the works of this PD, but I've read good reviews of them and actors he handled were never in any acting controversy, so that's at least a good thing.  Also, Kim Yoo Jung is very selfless and generous with her acting.  She's an actress who doesn't want KYJ to stand out,  but the drama to do well as a whole.  Hence, she gives suggestions and would share her understanding of her and other characters as well.

And as a fan of YJ, she has been very selective with her works especially post-Moonlight, and for her to come and say that she was really drawn to the uniqueness of the drama and script, gives me the confidence in general.  

I'm really hoping that CWPN will be have good ratings, buzz and reviews.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I have high hopes, @akikisetsu. :) There was already some buzz on several news outlets and Naver after Kim Yoo Jung confirmed her appearance in this drama. :D I'm very happy about that and hope the cast will grow. But I'm sure after reading how they selected the male lead that the cast is in good hands.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

More casting news:

Do Hee was cast to play Min Joo Yun who is Gil Oh-sol's best friend. :)

SOURCE: HERE, HERE 2

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, akikisetsu said:

...this PD, but I've read good reviews of them and actors he handled were never in any acting controversy, so that's at least a good thing.  Also, Kim Yoo Jung is very selfless and generous with her acting.  She's an actress who doesn't want KYJ to stand out,  but the drama to do well as a whole.  Hence, she gives suggestions and would share her understanding of her and other characters as well.

Thanks for pointing that out, @akikisetsu. It really gives me a feeling of assurance knowing that the main leads are in good, capable hands of the PD, and that AHS would have better chances to grow and excel by learning from sunbae KYJ. 

Btw, I must say I got more hyped up about this drama after seeing the webtoon illustrations shared by @pinkroses. I'm curious to see KYJ transforms into carefree and schlumpy GOS. I wonder how the PD would handle the physical affection scenes between the main characters; would he tone it down for KYJ's sake like in MDBC...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Been doing a little research into Ahn Hyo Seop, whom I'd never heard of until two days ago. I found out that he was a regular student in Canada before becoming a trainee at JYP where he met future BFF in GOTT's Jackson (he said he didn't make the cut bcs, among others, he's way too tall than the others lol). Hyo Seop has a nice singing voice, and a short video showing him playing the guitar and singing Sung Si Kyung's Two People sealed the deal for me :D Oh, and he likes to give people flowers just because :wub: I think he does have huge potential as an actor. Personally I'd love to see him gain more confidence and hone his skills.

Spoiler

Here are clips and BTS from his Queen of the Ring drama with Kim Seul Gi. There's room for improvement, but he did a fantastic job as a newbie. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, @happysloth. :)

Like I said before I can only judge his acting in Father is Strange and I liked him there. He was certainly not winning any awards but he was able to win my heart with his character. And I have a good feeling about him playing a guy who is suffering from germophobia. :D Looking forward to more casting news and then for the first script reading. As far as I know he is pretty tall, just it's supposed to be in the webtoon in which he so tall and she is so small. :tongue:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, happysloth said:

Been doing a little research into Ahn Hyo Seop, whom I'd never heard of until two days ago. I found out that he was a regular student in Canada before becoming a trainee at JYP where he met future BFF in GOTT's Jackson (he didn't make the cut because, among others, he's way too tall than the others). Hyo Seop has a nice singing voice, and a short video showing him playing the guitar and singing Sung Si Kyung's Two People sealed the deal for me :D Oh, and he likes to give people flowers just because :wub: I think he does have huge potential as an actor. Personally I'd love to see him gain more confidence and hone his skills.

I'll be honest and say that I'm still one of those not really sold on his acting.  I guess Splish, splash love was such a bad introduction for me, but I'm coming in with an open mind.  Of course, the major part of it is my love for Yoo Jung and the multi-step audition stated on the news.  With the challenge of their new and quite late timeslot, an explosive and magical chemistry and cohesive drama is really needed.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yay! There's a thread for CWPFN!!

I'm super excited to finally see our Yoojungie in a new drama after almost 2 years post MDBC!

At first I was so worried when Ahn Yo Seop was confirmed. I kind of like him in SSL and he was okay in FIS but I think he's still green, but then when I read that he had gone into audition, a very competitive competition for the role, I feel relieved and am now looking forward to see the OTP in the next 3 months!! I

I will always put in my mind what Yoo Seung Ho said in one of his interviews: Watch before you judge

:) 

• Like 9