Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018-2019] Clean With Passion For Now, 일단 뜨겁게 청소하라

I can't believe I'm objecting yet again and now onboard with AHS, when I wasn't sold on his casting before. :crazy:  YKS is just 12 years older (and he looks his age due to the height and built) than YJ, and visually YJ-in real life and with the character being mostly dress-down, would look like a kid next to him.  

• Like 6

Gosh of all the people they had to pick YKS! YKS is better in more serious role (he is a good actor - I must say) but he does look like his age! The difference would be apparent and it just doesn’t look good. I hope he turn down the offer.  I still secretly wish AHS is still the one for the male lead! 

• Like 5

Waking up to these weird potential casting is just not what I expected. Nothing against Yoon Kyun Sang.

I know I said I would be fine with Song Jae Rim who is even 2 years older than Yoon Kyun Sang but only because visually he and KYJ looked good next to eachother. With Yoon Kyun Sang, like some mentioned, he just looks his age.

There are so many young actors out there and they want him? That's confusing.

I mean he is still only considering the offer but I guess it's a done deal... when there is no great objection on his agency's side.

EDIT: On a good note though YKS can act. :)

• Like 4

LOL....

WE should have a poll!

So far the contenders are:

1. Lee Tae Hwan

2. Yook Sung Jae

3. Kwak Dong yeon

4. Ji Soo

5. Shin Jae Ha

I think YKS is a good actor as well but after the big hoo-ha over PBG as the lead opposite KYJ in Moonlight, imagine a 12 year difference!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Waking up to these weird potential casting is just not what I expected. Nothing against Yoon Kyun Sang.

I know I said I would be fine with Song Jae Rim who is even 2 years older than Yoon Kyun Sang but only because visually he and KYJ looked good next to eachother. With Yoon Kyun Sang, like some mentioned, he just looks his age.

I mean he is still only considering the offer but I guess it's a done deal... when there is no great objection on his agency's side.

Hmmmm I have nothing against YKS either but I’d rather SJR do it then. YKS visuals & AHS is quite different, and I remembered they had such a stringent process to look for the male lead because of the physical aspects right ? 

Lol @Dramanoona ok let’s make this fun. Ji Soo for me . 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hmmmm I have nothing against YKS either but I’d rather SJR do it then. YKS visuals & AHS is quite different, and I remembered they had such a stringent process to look for the male lead became of the physical aspects right ? 

Yes they wanted him to look very much like the webtoon character... well not perfectly but coming close and I find Yoon Kyun Sang looks apart from his height nothing like him. (Again: I like his acting.)

I was always fine with AHS despite him being young and inexperienced. But I had fate in JTBC choosing a good replacement. Now I'm not sure. But again nothing is confirmed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nothing against YKS too, I admit that I am not fond of AHS's casting news as well, but thinking about it, their visuals and age difference and seeing them both side by side during the reading, made ma feel giddy, that hey they can work.

But I can't and won't even imagine YKS and Yoojung together, there is a certain, cringe there. Ugh, can't believe it jtbc.

• Like 4

I have a feeling since the agency quickly said they're reviewing this project a confirmation is likely to happen. So I think we have to get used to it and not blame anyone but JTBC if this pairing happens. And hopefully both can make it work.

Or maybe I'm too quick and he will reject. Who knows?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

45 minutes ago, Jillia said:

EDIT: On a good note though YKS can act. :)

Personally, I wasn't comfortable with SJR being one leg of the triangle, but it was reiterated that this is a straight one-way Rom-com (then AHS AND KYJ), with SJR being a Daddy-long legs kind of character.  Hence the age difference didn't bother me.  But with YKS, he is the main lead hence the romance needs to be believable since this is a Rom-com.  And with YJ's child actress background and her sickness, I feel that audience (especially older ones) are more protective, hence the disconnect with older male actor pairing, which would affect the reel romance.  Such a weird turn of events.  

P.S.  And nothing on the acting, since YKS is good.  But this is not something that can be overcome by good acting.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, akikisetsu said:

Personally, I wasn't comfortable with SJR being one leg of the triangle, but it was reiterated that this is a straight one-way Rom-com (then AHS AND KYJ), with SJR being a Daddy-long legs kind of character.  Hence the age difference didn't bother me.  But with YKS, he is the main lead hence the romance needs to be believable since this is a Rom-com.  And with YJ's child actress background and her sickness, I feel that audience (especially older ones) are more protective, hence the disconnect with older male actor pairing, which would affect the reel romance.  Such a weird turn of events.  

P.S.  And nothing on the acting, since YKS is good.  But this is not something that can be overcome by good acting.  

Again, I'm definitely on your side here. I don't want YKS as the main lead next to KYJ. I want someone like AHS who is close to her age. I want it to be about her not about the guy.

With Song Jae Rim... visually both are working for me and I rather would see him as the main lead because judging from the script reading stills they had chemistry. BUT I'm also more looking forward to their rooftop encounters than a romantic setting, so I'm fine with him being the 2nd lead here. :)

I don't understand JTBC because I don't think every young talented actor around KYJ's age is occupied. Also, I would even be okay if he doesn't fit the webtoon character look completely as long as he fits KYJ age-wise.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, jughead2000 said:

Nothing against YKS too, I admit that I am not fond of AHS's casting news as well, but thinking about it, their visuals and age difference and seeing them both side by side during the reading, made ma feel giddy, that hey they can work.

But I can't and won't even imagine YKS and Yoojung together, there is a certain, cringe there. Ugh, can't believe it jtbc.

Exactly. The pairing with AHS had so much potential. Seeing them together gave me butterflies in my stomach imagining them and their chemistry together onscreen

On the other hand, thinking about her paired with YKS turns my stomach. I literally don't even want to imagine a romantic scene between them.

Joke's on me as I had so much faith in JTBC casting :bawling:. I really don't understand how they went from AHS and the other rumoured names to this.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, raziela said:

Exactly. The pairing with AHS had so much potential. Seeing them together gave me butterflies in my stomach imagining them and their chemistry together onscreen

On the other hand, thinking about her paired with YKS turns my stomach. I literally don't even want to imagine a romantic scene between them.

Joke's on me as I had so much faith in JTBC casting :bawling:. I really don't understand how they went from AHS and the other rumoured names to this.

I honestly thought that the main reason why they went with AHS is due to the age, on top of the webtoon visuals and all.  Hence I really thought that they would also show that same care that they did before.  I can't wrap my head around the visuals of the two leads, hence hard for me to conjure a romantic picture.  I hope I'm wrong, but this seems to be a done deal.  JTBC has already offered it, and YKS's side in all the articles never mentioned that this is only one of the projects in consideration, hence it seems that this is the ONLY project he's considering.  

• Like 5

What news have I woken up to!!! Ahh this is so not done! I know yks can act but wasn't there anyone younger?? A 12 year age gap is ridiculous! It's going to look so weird onscreen. Plus he looks his age and quite mature so it would be wrong. Hope he rejects it! It's not like he's a rookie so I'm sure he'll get more offers for dramas! Please just not this one lol. Get ahs backkkkk:bawling:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, akikisetsu said:

Very true!   I can easily picture YKS perfectly portraying the adorkable Jang Sung Kyul right down to the smallest facial expression and slightest body movement. YKS in person IS mygoshsoadorkable  But, I cannot picture him being cute and lovey dovey with YJ's character here. I would love to see KYJ and YKS on screen together in dramas, not lighthearted romcoms.

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

I don't think every young talented actor around KYJ's age is occupied.

Exactly. There are more than a handful of young and tall actors out there with descent acting skills who are currently not tied to any projects. Or, their projects will end in July so they'd be available in August, like Jang Ki Young (who is around the same height as AHS at 187cm and looks as young as AHS despite being two years older).

Edited by happysloth
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

I can’t believe that I would rather wait for Ahn Hyo Seop to be done with his drama than have YKS.lol I know he is a good supporting actor, but man, age difference and appeal, can we reconsider jtbc???

I hope they dont dwell too much to look the same on the webtoon. Haist. I wonder if they are still gonna push for YKS despite the mad reactions in Naver

What are the people on naver saying?

• Like 2

Yoojung's inner circle's IG account posted this Soompi report. I wonder if this means YKS is officially the male lead.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Mymindisblank said:

What are the people on naver saying?

Maybe I can answer to that. From what I get people have the same problems as us: the age gap is too big and visually they don't find YKS is fitting. Also like us it's not about talent but more about the two things: age and visual.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Maybe I can answer to that. From what I get people have the same problems as us: the age gap is too big and visually they don't find YKS is fitting. Also like us it's not about talent but more about the two things: age and visual.

Thanks! Yea he's a good actor there's no denying that! But his age is the big worry!

Will probably have to wait a few days to hear whether he'll accept or reject! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, akikisetsu said:

Exactly how I feel.  SJR's character was clearly never a viable love interest so I wasn't bothered so much by the age gap.  This time we are going to have to watch romance and skinship between teenage youthful looking Yoo Jung with a guy who looks like her uncle. I am not saying he is a bad actor but he can't change his age or visuals and neither of those are suitable for Yoo Jung or the character.  I'm so baffled by JTBC's choice here.  They went through a exhaustive casting process to find the right lead previously when thy cast Ahn Hyo Seop but now it seems like they were just like "Yoon Kyun Sang? He's tall! Good enough."

The other thing that worries me is that unlike AHS who was a rookie, YKS is a well-known, much older actor from an established agency which means they will definitely push for increased focus and screen time.  If the narrative of the story switches to his character and KYJ ends up sidelined as Cheerful Candy Girl Love Interest I am going to be furious :angry:

• Like 6

I only came here to see what people have to say about YKS (whom i love) so i dont get why people are saying he looks like KYJ's uncle? I remember being super surprised to hear that he's already done with his military enlistment and is like 30 years old already. Same for my friend.

I think with a little help from stylists, they can pull this off. YKS has always had a p good chemistry with his co-actresses so I'm confident he can work well with KYJ too. YKS also has a youthful vibe to him IMHO (probably because i've seen him with his cats on his IG and 3 Meals a Day lol).

I'm unfamiliar with KYJ but I don't think she looks too young. They can style her to look a little older, and YKS a little younger, and I think it can work. Heck, if Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun made Goblin work, I believe YKS and KYJ can too. 

But this might just be my bias talking so there's that.

((personally i don't mind age gaps, as long as they're both consenting adults and neither is more 'powerful' than the other in relationship dynamics))

• Like 3