Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018-2019] Clean With Passion For Now, 일단 뜨겁게 청소하라

6 hours ago, thoattm said:

Ok, after watching the final episode, I think the main thing I'll complain about (and as most fans do, as can be seen in their comments under the Youtube video) is that there is just 1 kissing scene :sweatingbullets:. Our couple actually have less than 10 minutes at the very end for reunion and reconciliation. We are dying for more of their dovey fluffy romantic scenes and (predictably) the scriptwriter did not give in that demand of thirsty fans. Anyway, that final kiss is beautiful in its every way, I'll not complain about it though :wub:.

Heck, I'm just happy that it was a happy ending, one where SK and OS are definitely together rather than ending with them looking at each other from across a street or something and smiling. :D

I do understand what you mean about the pacing though. I think perhaps the earlier episode focused a lot more on the physical comedy aspect of this drama before it finally eased up on that and allowed more of the emotional beats to take place.

6 hours ago, thoattm said:

@mushforbrains you are right. After SK's return, it is him who actively pursues for OS while OS continues to decline him due to fear of her family's disapproval. I understand how much we wish that she could have stand up for her love, but this is the most realistic scenario if something similar happens in real life. And to compensate for that, we got the final kiss, when she gets the nod from her father, she just runs for him and pulls him into the kiss. At least this time, OS took the move first (again and purposefully) for their kiss :wub:.

Well, finding out what the little dolphin card meant gave SK some hope even before he leaves Korea that he can get control over his condition and try for a second chance. I haven't seen with subs, but the dolphin card is supposed to represent "one more chance" or "one more time".

I think we're supposed to assume that SK gritted his teeth and did all the therapy and treatments that he was supposed to do so that he could someday go home and ask OS to be with him again. It's not very medically realistic, but it is romantic. :D 

As for OS, after parting with SK that way originally and then spending 2 years trying to forget him, I can understand why she's still insisting that it's all over. And, it does have to do with her family. So, when OD announces that he's not giving up on tae kwon do after all, that he can sit out the year given to him as punishment but still train and come back stronger, that was one load of OS' mind. Her father telling her that it was okay and that her mother would also be okay with it was the other load off, so that she could go to SK with a whole heart rather than being torn between love and family.  I did enjoy the kiss. :wub:

3 hours ago, mushforbrains said:

though it seems that his mom didn't seem to visit him once in the 2 years...was he living in a remote mountain....since she seemed surprised to touch his hand after 2 years...

Well, SK had not previously liked his mother even coming by his apartment. His mother probably thought that she wouldn't be welcome by SK, and that he needed his time to himself, so probably didn't visit him. I kind of got the idea that SK during his time in the States just focused on his treatments and therapy to the exclusion of everything else.

As for YKS, I really adore him as an actor, especially since he has a certain earnestness to him which gets conveyed to his acting roles. His real life persona, however, seems to be a mixture of someone who likes to take care of people but also likes to pull pranks on his friends, even if the pranks are sometimes just dorky.

Three Meals Sea Ranch memory in the spoiler since off-topic.

Spoiler

I just remember the episode where Lee Jong Seok goes to visit him at the Sea Ranch, and YKS decides to try to hide from LJS as LJS is coming up so that he could pop out to surprise him. It was such a funny, dorky thing to do, especially because he was so pleased with imagining how surprised LJS was going to be. LOL.

However, YKS then was the perfect hyung to LJS, taking care of him so well and giving him little special treats and such for being such a good little brother. It was just awwww. :D

Anyway, I enjoyed this bit of fluff of a romance. Loved the romance between the OTP - yes, there were flaws, but there was also some really good kiss scenes. Loved the bromance between SK and CG - that was just so awesome, and the BTS of it were even more awesome.

Thanks for making this a chill, fun hang out. Hope to see everyone on other threads. :)

edit: @Jillia, you posted just before I did. I appreciated reading your thoughts, as always, but I especially wanted to say that I LOVE that song and that video. The song is just brilliant, but the video always makes me laugh. For instance, Prince and his dance partner both wear the same height of heels. :D And, the guitarist who was his actual guitarist in his band, I understand, is so playful as well, pulling away from his "kiss". LOL.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

@stroppyse

kkk How could I forget the bromance between Sun Kyul and Choi Goon. They were amazing in front of the camera and behind.

Never forget:

5666528e0080p325d0mz.jpg

These dorks I tell you! :lol:

EDIT:

I love the song as well! :D It surprisingly fits well the overall vibe of the beginning of the drama. kkk

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@Jillia, how could I forget that shot?! ROFLOL. Right from the beginning YKS and SJR were so funny and cute together. I remember wondering if they played around with each other so much because KYJ actually has a more serious nature, plus she's significantly younger than the two men are. I think that as the drama progressed, they all got a lot more comfortable with each other, but the photo you show was definitely one of the highlights of their early interviews. :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

@stroppyse

I agree about Kim Yoo Jung. She is super fun inbetween the filming but also a lot more serious at the same time than SJR and YKS. In the end they're like manchilds. :lol: But as you said, they ended up being so comfortable with eachother and that really made them the beautiful cast I love.:wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

In the end they're like manchilds.

That is so totally right! They are both manchildren, and we're the more fortunate for that since it helped to make this drama so much fun. I think their comfort and playfulness with each other shown through in their roles. Even when they were being serious with undercurrents of wistfulness or sorrow running through their scenes, their affection for each other was never in doubt, for all three of them.

Btw, I also wanted to comment on how right you are that it was such a relief that the triangle didn't fully develop, and instead, CG/CD became a supporter for both OS and SN. I hope that CD goes away to find his own happiness somewhere within this drama world that will go on even after we stop being able to watch it. :D I know that's pretty fanciful of me, but I did really like the CD character, so definitely hope that he's happy since SK, OS, and the cleaning fairies got their happy ending as did OD and OS' bestie.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@faithinme lara I love his new hairstyle too. looks so casual, fluffy and warm :wub:. Guess that is why it is his daily hairstyle in real life. (OS looks fabulous with that new hairstyle but personally I prefer her hair before, younger and more carefree :P).

@anniev1102 I'm happy that this drama brought me to know YKS. It is indeed a journey from where you feel uninterested by him to where you really adore him and his acting. Just the same journey OS & SK have gone together. I first came as a YJ fan but I'll sure hear out for KS's future projects. And yes, we are always curious for whatever might come out of their friendship, either now or in 10-15 years, who knows :wub:. (But if there is really anything between you guys, please be fast YJ & KS ah, 'cause in 10 or 15 years, I'll already become an old ahjumma :sweatingbullets:).

@moonqueen19 could not agree more with you about everything. We international fans could not unfortunately help anything with the ratings. And personally I believe we do not care that much about ratings either. It is good that the crew find the journey they had with the drama a happy, joyful one and especially YJ & KS had the chance to prove their acting skills (it is YJ's first adult role and KS's first rom-com drama). Even if later, people will still say that the drama did fail (ok, it surely did not!) because of low ratings and things, it will remain a beautiful memory for the cast, crew and all of us :wub:. And yes, I also wish that they gave SK a bit more plot time to adjust him to his new life back in Korea and to decide that he still wants to reunite with OS. Everything was a bit too fast, too smooth for him during final episode :sweatingbullets:.

About anti-fans, I think we all agree that there is no other good thing we can do but to ignore them. Both leads will soon have their new projects, those anti-fans will find new things to criticize and life will just move on :D. But I sincerely believe that there is nothing pretentious in YJ's treatment of KS off-cam. As YJ's loyals fans have always say, she is an independent-minded lady who chooses to do what she believe is right, no matter what other people thinks. Her chemistry and comfort being with KS is undeniable and surprised all of us :wub:.

@Jillia Thanks Jilllia for opening this thread, leading it all the ways as a moderator, and for all what you have said so rightfully above :P. CWPFN is not a perfect drama but the couples are just perfect and so 'real'. As I have said, for me MDBC is more or less a perfect drama with everything so on-point (the story, the character development, the cinematography, the OST, etc.) but as for the couple, their love story and chemistry, I'm definitely rooting for OS-SK more than anything else. :wub:.

I guess it's time to say goodbye to all of you in this thread. I think I'll come back as soon as YJ has another project. For now, I will borrow this line from our beloved SK.

All the moments I spent with you (in this thread) are miraculous. It will be remembered that way, forever. :love:

Love you all, my chingus!

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I think that was one of the strengths of this romcom....it was fluffy and yet there was a depth to the emotions...

I know some of you can’t forgive the grandpa but that scene when he apologised....started crying buckets.

they did throw every Kdrama trope in the mix but some were turned nicely on its head...

a lead who loved in a straightforward way and went about his way fixing things in the background....i just love him using cleaning as a way of professing his love...:D

a second lead that turned into a fairy godmother of sorts....

am grateful when there is a lively forum and contributions from fellow fans who are fluent in the Korean language, it allows me to understand and appreciate certain nuances in the conversations which are sometimes lost in the subbed episodes.

not to mention...up to the minute posts of the uploads,IG posts and insights!

so a big thank you to all the peeps in the forum

Came on board as a kyj fan....and was totally wowed by yks...who was previously known to me only as the cats daddy in 3mad.

he injects so much warmth in his character....so yes for me...I was happy with the grandpa redemption arc

will look out for his projects in the future....

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Lee Do Hyun saying goodbye and thank you to CWPFN. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am feeling down that the series have come to an end.. It has been a fun journey watching the show and reading all the comments here.  Thanks to Jillia for starting the thread and the rest for contributing to it.  I hope both leads will soon act in new dramas.  It has been a long time since Kim Yoo Jung acted in a drama. I hope I don't have to wait that long for her new work.  :P

It is the first time I watch a drama series with Yun Kyun Sang in it.  I am impressed with his acting. :) Hope to see him make a drama comeback soon too.   

• Love 5

i have  nothing to watch tonight, soooooooooooo.....

here's Song Jaerim/Choi Ha In fulfilling one of his wish :lol:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

he looks so gay here :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 9

@faithinme lara

This bromance really. :lol:

And MaknaeCloud was so generous to translate Kim Yoo Jung goodbye interview for CWPFN. :)

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

It started with a hello and ended with a goodbye...I had doubt about YKS at first because I never see him in a romcom before. I followed KYJ to this series and hope to see her sunshine smile that can bright up my days.

I m glad about that decision because not only YJ but KS did a fabulous job to bring us so much laugh and joy. No matter how many times I repeat this, their acting is just awesome. Whether it is funny, romantic or sadness, they ruled it all. 

There were tough times for the crew when they had delays due to soccer games, the rating was humble because it was aired on paid channel and haters bashed KS (shame on them:angry:) However, they overcame it all to bring us one of the best series this year. Yay !!!!

Thank you @Jillia for creating this forums. I m so happy to read all the positive posts and discuss with you all about this series and soft couple!!! It was pretty lonely when none of my friends watch CWPN...I keep the forums tab on my phone all the time and check it once in a while, even when I was at work :P

Thank you @thoattm @turtlegirl @mushforbrains I love all your posts :wub: All the updates, your opinions about the series and SolKyul / KyunYoo couple were so on point and interesting. I even wish that we would all gather around and watch the last episode together...silly me :rolleyes:

There is a slight hope that KS and YJ would be together after this series ended. Their careers would be their top priorities so. But I wish them all the best, especially KS, who did a great job delivering us JSK. He was so cute and manly at the same time that I need to change my ideal type now. 

Even though the last ep was a bit off and rushed but we had plenty cheesy moments from other episodes to enjoy nonetheless :phew:Their love is just so beautiful even when they faced tragedy...I love how SK never ever give up, he saw a chance and grasped on it dearly. Such determination. Mysophobia or not, he is the greatest bf in kdrama til now in my opinion. And i wished the scriptwriters would have more time to develop and solve the tragedy better than throwing OS under the bus like that. She was torn between the love of her life and her family then she ended up hurting SK soooo bad that many fans got angry at her at that point. Despite the fact how they rushed the storyline in the last 2 eps, at least we got the happy ending, not some silly smile from afar reunion.

The last kiss was so beautiful. The way she grasped him, her tears and how he responded... This might sound too much but when I watched the last kiss of OS and SK I was like "go home and get some ramyeon you two ahem" 

Anyway, love you all and I hope we will come back here when KS and YJ announce their relationship is official :P what a wishful thinking.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEvBXVsV0KzEJTMVoJhGW

• Like 4
  • Love 6

Chingus, it's been much fun on this thread, and I hope to see you all on other threads in the future! 

Overall, I give the series a thumbs up. There were many moments that literally had me rolling with laughter. And yes, I agree that SK became the ultimate boyfriend. So cute and sweet, yup he'd just have to smile at me and I'd have fallen for him. I suppose that's why it stung so bad when OS hurt him and my emotions took over. I just wanted to protect him from any pain. I was able to ease up a bit after reading some comments on here about the importance of family in South Korea. Around here, yeah, we want our families to like our significant others, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. But it's good to understand other cultures, and it helped me gain some respect for OS in the end. I'm glad her family finally came around, but I agree, why did it have to be at the very end of the episode? I really would have liked more cute and lovey dovey moments. I suppose that will have to be left to our imaginations. Luckily, I have a good and overactive imagination ;)

This was my first time seeing KYJ in a drama. I know many of you have followed her since she was a child, but I am still relatively new to kdrama land. Anyhow, I really like her and can't wait to see her in more. She's so young so she'll have plenty more roles to come. As for YKS, I've been a fan of his for a while. I love his height and his chubbiness (if that's what you even want to call it, since to me, his weight is normal). I think this series he really proved himself as a wonderful actor. I hope he gets more offers soon too! :)

As for a real relationship between them, gosh that'd be wonderful, but sadly, what are the chances? I really wish they'd start following each other on IG at least. Hahaha I always check, but nope, not yet...

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I'm not sure if this was posted already (haven't had time to go back through the previous pages), but the full OST album was released yesterday. It's 24 tracks (11 OST songs + 13 original score music).

It's not out on Spotify or iTunes yet (it will be in a few days), but you can listen to a preview of the original score music on Soribada: http://www.soribada.com/music/album/KO0010353

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

@faithinme lara

i don’t think they were acting in that scene:Dsjr has jumped on yks so much in the bts that they wanted to immortalise it in the drama....

and i think thanks to him we got the ep 13 kiss:wub:...

• LOL 5

âClean With Passion For Nowâ Cast Shares Thoughts On Dramaâs Conclusion

“Clean With Passion For Now” Cast Shares Thoughts On Drama’s Conclusion

Feb 5, 2019
by K. Lew

With JTBC’s “Clean With Passion For Now” concluded, the stars of the drama have shared their thoughts on their characters, their co-stars, and more.

Kim Yoo Jung, who played the positive job-seeking Gil Oh Sol, shared, “Oh Sol is very optimistic and good. She comforts a lot of people, and through that she is able to be comforted herself. I was very happy while filming as her. Though it was physically a bit tiring during filming, I was able to film laughing until the end, perhaps because the drama itself is bright and fun.”

She added, “It wasn’t hard [to portray a ‘dirty’ character], but it was more comfortable. It’s uncomfortable to wear nice clothes, but I was able to wear sweatpants while filming in the beginning so it was very comfortable.” She laughed and said, “When I spilled something, I didn’t even wipe it off and filmed, so it was fun.”

Kim Yoo Jung remarked, “I hope that [viewers remember] our drama like ‘yogurt.’ Just as yogurt was a comfort to Oh Sol, I hope that the drama is able to comfort and heal viewers even just a little. I sincerely thank you for watching until now. Oh Sol will live well in the future, so I hope you all will remain healthy. Please have a happy lunar new year, and I hope that you all have happy days ahead.”

Yoon Kyun Sang, who took on the role of germaphobic CEO Jang Seon Kyul, shared, “I can’t believe that it’s already time to send off Seon Kyul. It was my first time taking on a romantic comedy, so I felt more attached to it, and I’ll remember Seon Kyul as a precious character. It was a drama with a lot of regrets. But I’m so thankful towards the director, writer, staff members who worked harder than anyone, and actors who worked hard together.”

He added, “After filming happily and giving strength to each other while filming through the cold months, ‘Clean With Passion For Now’ has come to an end. I’m thankful that I was able to meet good people through the drama and make many good memories. Thank you to all those who loved ‘Clean With Passion For Now.’ I will become an actor who will work even harder in the future, so please give me a lot of support and love. I would also like to thank my staff members, who worked hard until the end, and my fans, who always give support and love.”

Yoo Sun, who portrayed the efficient, yet humanistic Secretary Kwon, remarked, “I was able to receive the actors’ refreshing energy and passion and enjoyed filming. I’m thankful to the staff members who quietly took responsibility in each of their positions and did their best. Thank you to all the viewers who watched until the end. I’m thankful that I met great people through this drama and will remember it.”

Cha In Ha, who played the passionate youth Hwang Jae Min pursuing his dreams, commented, “I spent warm and happy times with ‘Clean With Passion For Now’ and Hwang Jae Min. The director, writer, all the staff members, and fellow actors worked really hard. Through the times that felt very short when short and long when very long, I grew as an actor. Thank you to the viewers who watched ‘Clean With Passion For Now.’ If it was a passionate and lovely time for you all, I’m happy. I will work hard to become an actor who promotes passionately. Thank you to everyone who showed interest in me, and I will greet you with a new drama soon.”

Lee Do Hyun, who took on the role of Gil Oh Sol’s younger brother Gil Oh Dol, shared, “I’m relieved and happy that we were able to conclude filming with no big incidents or trouble during the cold winter! Thanks to the viewers who gave a lot of interest and love, we were able to happily end. I will return with a diverse range of projects and good acting. Thank you to everyone who loved ‘Clean With Passion For Now’ and the Gil family.”

He added, “I would like to thank Kim Won Hae, who warmly took care of me like a real father on set and who taught me many things as a senior in life, as well as my sister, who became like a real sister to me. It was a very valuable and precious time for me. The passion I felt from the other actors on set has inspired my heart, and I will definitely return with another project.”

Min Dohee, who played Gil Oh Sol’s cool best friend and relationship coach Min Joo Yeon, remarked, “‘Clean With Passion For Now’ feels almost like a one-year project, so there’s a satisfying feeling to its end, but I’m always sad when a project ends. All the staff members and actors were like angels, so the set was really good. I’m sad that I won’t be able to see them anymore.”

She picked her most memorable scene as the one where Jang Seon Kyul came to visit Gil Oh Sol’s home. She commented, “I normally only film with Oh Sol, but we all gathered to film so it was fun. Not only the filming, but the rehearsal and waiting times were filled with laughter.” On her character’s style, she remarked, “The thing that felt the most different was the styling. I think it was a style that I had never shown before in dramas. At first it was awkward and I was curious as to what kind of reaction there would be, but people liked it, so I’m thankful.”

She concluded, “I always have regrets about my acting, so I have regrets on whether I portrayed Joo Yeon well. It was an honor, and I’m thankful to have participated in a warm drama and good filming set.”

Hak Jin also shared a selfie with his fellow cast members, with the brief message, “Goodbye, thank you everyone!!”

“Clean With Passion For Now” aired its last episode on February 4, and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1301700wpp/clean-with-passion-for-now-cast-shares-thoughts-on-dramas-conclusion

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 5

I am going to preface this by saying I have not watched the very last episode, but this post is more about accountability than anything else. There were three people consistently throughout the drama that had issues with accountability that affected everyone in the long run, especially themselves.

1 - O Dol - A talented kid with a bright future ahead, but boy was his fuse short. So short, that it was almost too easy for him to get sabotaged and make things worse for himself.  I totally understand how he felt, his father was being bullied and humiliated, but by the time his father was on his knees begging those men to let it go, that should've stopped him. He needs to learn how not to be so quick to pop off. I really disliked the scene when he came home with his father after he got suspended and completely blamed the whole thing on O Sol because she was dating SK. It's like yes, the evil grandpa did have a hand in the committee's decision, but he wouldn't have even been there had it not been for his own actions.

2 - Evil grandpa - It's like beating your head against the wall. This entire drama he has been the absolute worst. He had zero accountability for the victims of the development site accident. He had zero accountability for separating his daughter from her husband. He had zero accountability for the effect that separation had on SK and for making him feel like it was his fault his mother wasn't around. And in the end, (as my grandmother would say) with one foot in the grave and the other on the banana peel, he tried to strong arm his grandson into taking over his company after taking away his girlfriend and messing with her family. Congratulations haroboji, you get the evil award!

3 - Rooftop doc - My least favorite character. One thing I despise is passive aggressive misunderstandings. From the start, he lied or sat back and allowed O Sol to think whatever about him. She thought he was some rooftop perverted casanova and turns out, he is a psychiatrist. He sat idly by for years crushing on her and not saying a word. Then, as soon as he saw she liked SK, he confesses to her. Then, he decides to intervene in SK's life and keep treating him, even though he was aware of the personal relationship between him and O Sol. He always had an agenda, and that was to get O Sol to like him, but he was too late. What really got to me though, was when he confronted the grandfather. He KNEW what was about to happen to O Dol, and he didn't say a word. He knew about the accident site and said nothing. He knew that SK was totally unaware of the connection and he just sat back and watched everything go down. Then, after everything imploded and SK was in the hospital, and O Sol had stopped eating and sleeping, only then did he say something. Where are his ethics? He should have recused himself from treating SK from the very beginning. I felt like in the end, he realized how much of a lost cause everything was and began feeling guilty about his role in it. Watching both sides so unhappy didn't give him the satisfaction he thought it would.

However, out OTP have shown lots of accountability, I just hate that they are a part and it looks like a time jump is coming. Hopefully, more love in the end. More kisses too. :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Have started to rewatch the series...just up to ep 4.... and there is a whole lot of cute there....

Hope to see them in other projects soon after they've taken a rest.

Don't know what yks means by regrets in the soompi article...i thought he was the perfect choice for this character...

And they made us love them as a couple

• Like 3
  • Love 2