[Drama 2018] Switch: Change the World, 스위치 - 세상을 바꿔라

0ly40

What I am not just attached I am hooked! waaaaaa.  Writernim this is a movie and not a drama!  

Excited to see Twin Strangers working together next week as they don’t have a choice to pull off the intricately branching of a case that Joon Soo has been working on —building to find the Roots solving the case — great writernim.  I think Joon Soo also knows about Do Chan as Do Chan got to know also a year ago.  waaahh I can’t help get too excited.  

Waaah I hope writernim will really pull off this wonderful start till the end :) before Jang goes to duty.

• Like 4

Interesting premise, con man taking the place of his look-alike prosecutor who fell into a coma. I am most intrigued by the possible relationship of the look-alike men, are they twins, and the story of how each of the two look-alike men got to where they are before the coma. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[News] Jang Geun Suk Picks His Most Compatible Co-Star
Jang Geun Suk started his career as a child model and has since worked with many popular actresses. Some of his co-stars include YoonA, Park Shin Hye, IU, Moon Geun Young, and more.

During the press conference for the drama he was asked which actress he is most compatible with. The actor chose his “Switch” co-star Han Ye Ri and stated, “Out of all the actresses I worked with so far, I clicked with her the best.”

40203063375_16f54c9ae3_o.jpg

Jang Geun Suk added, “Sa Do Chan is like a rubber ball, so if we’re not careful, he could seem like a character that you can’t take very seriously. It’s the actors’ job to make that into a reality, but when I’m filming with Han Ye Ri, I feel a sense of security. When I go a different path or improvise, she reacts right away. Ever since rehearsal, we have been a good team. She’s a reliable actress.”

In response, Han Ye Ri said, “I, too, think it is always fun while filming. I felt like I was having the pleasure of creating something while working. I had good chemistry with Jang Geun Suk and the director.”

“Switch” is about Sa Do Chan, a conman who ends up becoming a prosecutor who uses his unique set of skills to catch criminals. Han Ye Ri plays the independent and passionate prosecutor Oh Ha Ra. The first episode will air on March 28 at 10 p.m. KST. You can watch it on Viki!

40387964394_39830dcc4c_z.jpg
https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/28/jang-geun-suk-picks-compatible-co-star/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[Review] "Switch - Change The World" Episodes 1-2
Joon-soo (played by Jang Geun-suk) is a high profile prosecutor in the thick of a huge investigation. Joon-soo is so in the thick of the investigation that "Switch - Change The World" doesn't even bother to explain what exactly it is that he's been doing. So we're mostly on the same page as prosecutor Ha-ra (played by Han Ye-ri), who understands what Joon-soo was trying to do in broad strokes, but is in a bit of a fix when a mysterious car crash incapacitates Joon-soo indefinitely.

Meanwhile Do-chan (also played by Jang Geun-suk) is a professional con artist who looks indistinguishable from Joon-soo. The dual role trope is played a bit differently here than usual- Do-chan doesn't stumble into Joon-soo's case by accident, but rather, Ha-ra just uses the latest state of the art technology to find a suitable temporary body double for the next phase of Joon-soo's plan. And that's when things start to get messy.

713cd4e54c254e91f7f54252b299d031.jpg

That's also where the second episode leaves off, unfortunately. Although really, I'm actually kind of grateful that "Switch - Change The World" dispenses with the usual exposition to jump right into the plot. Do-chan is constantly trying to run an elaborate new con, and high intelligence notwtihstanding, it's never totally clear how much control Do-chan really has over any given situation. Sometimes it seems like he creates impossible problems solely so he can enjoy trying to solve them.

By making a conscious decision to drag Do-chan into an explicitly dangerous investigation, Ha-ra is herself attempting to con the con artist for her own ends. So on top of everything else the ethical situation is rather iffy. The two leads in "Switch - Change The World" are smart, but not as smart as they think they are. Even more alarmingly Do-chan and Ha-ra tend to create huge loud messes everywhere they go, so subtlety is not a strong point in an investigation where Tae-woong (played by Jung Woong-in) is trying to be the sneakiest, quietest villain possible.

So far the main weak point in "Switch - Change The World" is just a lack of motivation. Ha-ra and Do-chan show such questionable judgment in choosing to cooperate with each other that their various sidekicks openly dissent against the joint enterprise of con artists and prosecutors working together. The main selling point to "Switch - Change The World" is just in trying to guess in what precipitous direction the next turnabout will fall. Curiousity, more than emotional engagement, is the watchword here.

Review by William Schwartz

"Switch - Change The World" is directed by Nam Tae-jin, written by Baek Woon-cheol and Kim Ryoo-hyun, and features Jang Geun-suk, Han Ye-ri, Jung Woong-in, and Jo Hee-bong. Watch the drama here: https://www.viki.com/videos/1126021v

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-switch--change-the-world-episodes-1-2-117051.html

• Like 5

[SPOILERS] SWITCH (PILOT)
/ 4:28 PM

0002688900_001_20180328233403891.jpg

1.png

1.png

Naver - Mtstar: 'Switch' first broadcast, Jang Geun Suk fooled Han Ye Ri...Swindle action opening act

1.[+748, -166] It's fun! Jang Geun Suk's acting is the best, It suits him so well ㅋㅋ

2.[+691, -141] It's so fun, the development is fast and it's enjoyable ㅎ Jang Geun Suk matches well with his character ㅋ

3.[+615, -132] Jang Geun Seuk's acting is so good! Seriously scammer Sa Do Chan is so cute! 

4.[+595, -119] I like Han Ye Ri!!!

5.[+410, -98] This drama is really fun!! The story is solid and full of excitement, It feels like I'm watching a movie! Jang Geun Suk is pretty good at playing these type of roles~

6.[+190, -36] As expected, Jang Geun Suk has been acting for a long time so his acting is pretty stable, I'm one year younger than him but since I was child when I saw Jang Geun Suk I felt a sense of friendliness.

7.[+178, -28] I watched the broadcast and It's really fun!!!!! I cheer for Geun Suk, Let's hit daebak with this drama~^^

8.[+174, -34] It's totally fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's on another level ㅋㅋ

9.[+169, -31] Jang Geun Seuk is daebak at playing double role!!!

10.[+154, -24] It was so fun, I'm looking forward to tomorrow

11.[+149, -24] It has a twist and the development is fast ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's fun, Jang Geun Seuk and Han Ye Ri are both cool

12.[+220, -102] I changed from Queen Of Mystery~

13.[+144, -26] Switch is fun! It's the best! Jang Geun Seuk is the best (゚∀゚)!!

-cr-
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Netizens comments:

Naver - xportsnews: 'Switch' Jang Geun Suk was caught by Han Ye Ri at the airport 

1.[+150, -8] The role suits him so well, Switch is fresh and the main actors are no joke

2.[+123, -8] Baek Joon Soo, I mean, Sa Do Chan makes my heart bounce 

3.[+121, -10] Why is Jang Geun Seuk this funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Bounce~

4.[+106, -8] It's so fun ㅋ

5.[+93, -7] Sa Do Chan won't go to Maldives ㅜㅜ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6.[+55, -2] It's totally fun ㅋㅋ I can't take my eyes off of it ㅋ

7.[+52, -2] He must be going to Maldives?? This was totally funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8.[+48, -3] It was funnier than yesterday

9.[+45, -1] I knew he will get caught ㅋㅋㅋ

10.[+44, -1] Sa Do Chan was fun today too ㅋ

bc896f2a0c9937de29e3fd8d3574f540.jpg

Naver - Mtstar: 'Switch' Jang Geun Suk got kidnapped...crisis 

1.[+225, -47] Today's development was fast and fun~ It was exciting till the end!

2.[+184, -46] This is fun

3.[+174, -43] From the preview, It looks like they saved him...I'm so curious about the story behind this scene...how can I wait

4.[+166, -40] Sa Do Chan!! ㅜㅜ how can wait till next week ㅜㅜ

5.[+154, -32] Who was the person who saved him at the end?

6.[+86, -9] Sa Do Chan, Don't die~~~

7.[+84, -10] I was seriously surprised when Sa Do Chan got hit on his head

8.[+73, -4] Han Ye Ri Jang Geun Suk Sa Do Chan + Oh Ha Ra = SaDoHaRa couple have a good chemistry ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They are both charming. Han Ye Ri is chic and cute and Jang Geun Suk is cool~

9.[+77, -9] Oho Jung Woong In's gaze is the best

10.[+74, -8] I cried when Sa Do Chan got hit ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

cre: netizendrama

• Like 3

[News] Jang Geun Suk Praised By “Switch” Staff For His Professionalism Filming Difficult Scene
SBS’s “Switch” has shared new behind-the-scenes stills of Jang Geun Suk’s harrowing underwater scenes.

The SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama premiered on March 28 and had the highest viewership ratings in its time slot for the first two days that the drama was on air. Jang Geun Suk especially captivated viewers during the premiere as he took on two roles of genius conman Sa Do Chan and by-the-book prosecutor Baek Joon Soo. The scene that stood out was when the henchmen of Geum Tae Woong (played by Jung Woong in) caused Baek Joon Soo’s car to careen off the road. A tense scene followed in which Baek Joon Soo attempted to get out of his car as it began to sink.

Jang-Geun-Suk-1.jpg

The production staff had nothing but praise for Jang Geun Suk, who filmed the scene across three hours at an underwater studio. They stated that he was nervous at first because it was his first underwater scene in over 10 years and it was a difficult scene to execute. The staff worked with Jang Geun Suk to check every movement to make sure that they could finish filming the scene safely. Despite his body temperature falling from being in water for an extended period of time, Jang Geun Suk pushed forward and filmed all of his scenes without a stunt double.

The staff stated, “Jang Geun Suk went through a lot for that scene. We were very worried about him before filming started,” and “Though he was nervous, he never lost his smile on set and went out of his way to reassure the staff. It was thanks to Jang Geun Suk’s professionalism that we were able to complete such a great scene.”

“Switch” tells the story of a genius conman pretending to be a prosecutor who looks just like him in order to take on the evils of society. The next episodes will air on April 4 at 10 p.m. KST.

Jang-Geun-Suk8-1.jpg

cre: https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/31/jang-geun-suk-praised-switch-staff-professionalism-filming-difficult-scene/

• Like 4

[News] Jang Keun Suk, eternal Hallyu prince … Fans donated 15 tons of rice to cheer for “Switch”

The members of the fan clubs of Jang Keun Suk, who appears in a new SBS Wednesday/Thursday drama “Switch”, stepped in.

For actor Jang Keun Suk who returns to TV after 2 years, members of his fan clubs did a good deed and donated rice to cheer for the success of the drama “Switch”.

On 28th March at Seoul Mokdong SBS, at the drama “Switch” press conference domestic and international fans participated in large numbers to support Jang Keun Suk with Dream rice wreaths, and donated: 15 910 kg rice, 300 rice noodles packages, 3960 diapers, and 48 cans of milk powder.

27224830288_a753e6a92a.jpg

So far Jang Keun Suk and his fans’s accumulated donation is: 90 160 kg rice, 2000 eggs, 1890 briquettes, 1284 diapers, 123 cans of milk powder, 600 ramen packages and 300 rice noodles packages.

The rice wreaths donated on the day of the press conference will be delivered in the name of Jang Keun Suk and his fans to youth in institutional care, institutions for babies, single mother's shelters, and other places where a warm-hearted concern is needed.

SBS drama Switch is an action drama about thrilling fraud. A swindler Sa Do Chan becomes a prosecutor in the confusion of a moment, and gets on a roller-coaster to boldly catch “legal mudfishes” (powerful men who do crime using their knowledge of law).

e65abcea45f8b406a365c0097b73a7a4.jpg

Jang Keun Suk gives an enthusiastic performance as master swindler “Sa Do Chan”, who inherited a natural disposition from his swindler father through blood, which he complemented by swindling people and learning 81 different conman skills by the time he had memorized the multiplication table.

cre: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000635611&lfrom=twitter

Eng trans: Zoe JKS(ECI)

• Like 3

K-Drama Reaction: Switch | Episodes 1-2

by maknaeahjumma

switch-episodes-1-2.jpg

That James Bond-esque opener got me!

The Copy

I was fooled by this series’ opening scene! Switch started with a prosecutor raiding an illegal gambling house on an island. All along, I thought we were being introduced to Prosecutor Baek Jun-soo (Jang Geun-suk) but it turned out everything was a scenario set-up by infamous conman Sa Do-chan (Jang Geun-suk).

This male lead surely knows a lot of trickery. He and his group were introduced in old K-drama fashion filled montages of the past and a brief look at their present situation. I was wishing for more details about our main hero’s life as this initial meeting didn’t quite reel me into his story. Although the extent of his skulduggery really impressed me.

Full: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/03/30/k-drama-reaction-switch-episodes-1-2/

• Like 5

[ENG-SUB] ‪Han Ye Ri Said to Jang Keun Suk.. “You’ve gained weight!” [Switch Ep 1]

[ENG-SUB] ‪Jang Keun Suk Pretends to be a Prosecutor [Switch Ep 1]‬

[ENG-SUB] ‪Jang Keun Suk is Genius Con-artist! [Switch Ep 2]‬

• Like 4

out of curiosity, is there a romance or eluded too romance in this drama? Or is it gonna be like Mad Dog where it is implied all through out the movie and we only get the answer in last few mins of the last episode. I just want to prepare my heart

• Like 3

[News] Jang Geun Suk Begins the Second Stage of His Career
Jang Geun Suk had wished to make a new character that would change his life and that's just what he has the chance to do in "Switch – Change the World".

Jang Geun Suk plays two characters, Sa Do-chan and Baek Joon-soo. They are completely different characters, but Jang Geun Suk is balancing them well.

The SBS drama "Switch – Change the World" is currently the leading drama on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

8135d9f38e631c01748807a4fd378f2f.jpg

Jang Geun Suk has already gained a significant reputation in Japan and other Asian countries with his handsome features, but his acting performance wasn't a big part of this. However, "Switch – Change the World" is proving otherwise. Jang Geun Suk is back with a drama for the first time in 2 years since "Jackpot". "Switch – Change the World" was a serious decision for him as it is the final drama he'll take before he goes off to National Service. His efforts and transformation have met up to fans' expectations.

Sa Do-chan is a genius fraud and Jang Geun Suk is wearing it like his very own. His expressions and eyes display so much even in a short amount of time. Meanwhile, prosecutor Baek Joon-soo is more serious and charismatic.

Sa Do-chan officially became prosecutor Baek Joon-soo last week and anticipation for the drama increases for this week's episodes.

Jang Geun Suk is going to get his wish. The layout, the characters and the chemistry with his co-stars hit it off and he is very likely to open a new stage of his acting career with this drama.

#Switch #JangKeunSuk #KoreaDrama #SwitchChangetheworld 

https://www.hancinema.net/jang-geun-suk-begins-the-second-stage-of-his-career-117181.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[News] Jang Geun Suk donates 100 million KRW in scholarships to his old university

Jang Geun Suk donated 100 million KRW (94,000 USD) to Hanyang University.
And Jang Geun Suk, a scholarship fund donated to Hanyang University until now total of 1.3 billion won. 
Jang Geun Suk donated 1.2 billion won as a scholarship when he enrolled in the school and received the attention of the public.

In addition, he donated a number of development funds to his juniors and showed his unusual affection for the school so that his name was added to the Hall of Fame and 'Jang Geun Suk Scholarship' was newly established.

19cda23dc580f6068a8c469e793f3fc2.jpg

He has been continuously donating to the school as a scholarship to help his alma mater. He's donated so much to the school that the school has even created a 'Jang Geun Suk Scholarship' to help students.

28aa6f086497ad67875e92c383ffb14d.jpg

Because of his actions, he was invited as a special Professor in the liberal arts course of 'Philanthropy' which was opened for the first time in Korea, where he lectured students about his experiences on giving back to the community. 
Jang Geun Suk said, "I am very proud to be able to give more opportunities to my juniors who want to learn, as the philosophy of Hanyang University," Love's Practice. "I want to do my best whenever I can. " He conveyed a meaningful impression.

Jang Geun Suk is attending in SBS "Switch" drama on Wed and Thu every week at 10 pm.

cre: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000636081&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

• Like 4