[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Sung Kyung Shares What Drew Her To Her “About Time” Character

Lee-Sung-Kyung2.jpg

Lee Sung Kyung has transformed into her lovely and adorable character from “About Time.”

“About Time” is about Choi Michaela (played by Lee Sung Kyung), a bright and refreshing musical actress who dreams of standing on the stage as the lead. However, she has a special ability, one that allows her to see the countdown to the end of people’s lives, including her own. She becomes entangled with the head of a cultural foundation, Lee Do Ha (played by Lee Sang Yoon) and though she doesn’t know if they are friends or enemies, he has the ability to stop the countdown.

In released photos, Lee Sung Kyung is seen practicing for musical auditions. She is seen wearing a variety of outfits, and holding either props or her trusty script. She also wears a determined expression, ready to take on any audition.

On her character, Lee Sung Kyung commented, “At first, I was pulled towards Choi Michaela’s ability to see others’ life countdowns. However, the more I began to analyze what she’s like on the inside, I started to develop a special affection for the character. I want to convey with detail all the emotions she feels as a person, whether it is the sadness she feels whenever she see’s people’s life countdowns or her feelings of falling in love.”

A source from the production stated, “Though on the outside, [the character] is a talented person who actively pursues her dream and love, on the inside, she has a different charm to her. Lee Sung Kyung has a mysterious aura about that can convey this, and many are praising her as the best casting choice. Please look forward to Lee Sung Kyung’s transformation into this fantasy-like character.”

“About Time” will air after “You Who Forgot Poetry” on May 21 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/25/lee-sung-kyung-shares-drew-time-character/

25 minutes ago, sin hoonsim said:

Happy to see them enjoing their filming in Hainan, i wonder what they are filming and what episode, they are on a yacht and in a luxury place. They are filming with Yu Xiaoguang and he is playing Lee Do Ha buisness partner if i remember correctly, so what is Choi Michaela doing there? She is not rich. So curious, it's also not the first time that they shoot in Hainan, they already filmed in March too.

tvN Instagram Update

"4 reasons why About Time is a must-watch:

1. Chaebol 3rd gen. Lee Do Ha, handsome and warm Lee Sang Yoon

2. Choi Mikha who can see other people's lifespan, lovely Lee Sung Kyung

3. Lee Sang Yoon and Lee Sung Kyung romance that's full of chemistry

4. Their speaking eyes when they met

Translated by @forsungkyung twitter

Archived